Page 614 of 694 FirstFirst ... 514564604610611612613614615616617618624664 ... LastLast
Results 15,326 to 15,350 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Does anyone else feel almost 99% sure Virgil will have a Sylveon?
    Unless it's confirmed that he's returning (I wouldn't know since I haven't kept up with the latest info), I doubt it really matters. I mean we're getting Sylveon in the Pikachu short right? That seems like more than enough hype and promo for the species. And contrary to popular belief, I don't think it's mandatory for us to see a Generation 6 Pokemon in BW. After all DP didn't have any Generation 5 Pokemon in it. I hope this trend continues because Generation 6 will have its own saga and there's no need to bombard us with new Pokemon when some Gen 5 Pokemon still need more appearances and/or development imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Unless it's confirmed that he's returning (I wouldn't know since I haven't kept up with the latest info), I doubt it really matters. I mean we're getting Sylveon in the Pikachu short right? That seems like more than enough hype and promo for the species. And contrary to popular belief, I don't think it's mandatory for us to see a Generation 6 Pokemon in BW. After all DP didn't have any Generation 5 Pokemon in it. I hope this trend continues because Generation 6 will have its own saga and there's no need to bombard us with new Pokemon when some Gen 5 Pokemon still need more appearances and/or development imo.
    Agreed. I still feel like I never saw an Eletrik. I honestly don't care, but it is sort of odd if it doesn't ever appear. At this point, after Oshawott gets its shine, I am hoping for final Snivy, Charizard, and Scraggy battles to glorify them before they go back with professor Oak. The other mons shined at the league (well not all of them).... I am sure something of this sort will happen in an unannounced episode.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

If Virgil does come back then at least give the guy a proper battle. He has like 8 pokemon that haven't done crap lol. He does seem the most likely candidate to have Slyveon.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    They don't need to bombard us, but having one or two gen 6 pokemon for a short amount of time wouldn't hurt. It doesn't mean it would have to be something like blaziken in the johto league, just maybe a cutsey pokemon randomly with a trainer at an island.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    They don't need to bombard us, but having one or two gen 6 pokemon for a short amount of time wouldn't hurt. It doesn't mean it would have to be something like blaziken in the johto league, just maybe a cutsey pokemon randomly with a trainer at an island.
    Isn't that like Kecleon debuted? (Prior to the Johto league)

Random : PokéRadar

His XY team so far is practically confirmed to be:

1.Pikachu
    2.The new Bird
    3. A starter

With the possibility of the other two starters as well. So between 3 and 5 members of Ash's team are already known!

I wonder if it is at all likely that Ash could get a Sylveon? I'd like that personally. Also, a tradition that I would like broken is Ash getting every single grass starter, I would prefer him getting the goat, as it looks cool and he could ride it like he did Lapras!

My ideal team for Ash from the currently revealed lines:

1.Pikachu
    2.Bird - Fully evolved.
    3.Froakie- Fully evolved. [break water-type curse]
    4.Grass deer- either as it is or fully evolved (of course it might be the final stage).
    5.Fennekin- Fully evolved or at least middle-stage.
    6. Sylveon- evolved from an Eevee rather than caught as-is. [Likely to be a new type capture for Ash as it seems to have a new type altogether]

Extra:
    -The electric/normal type, either evolved once or twice, assuming there is a third member in its line. I know, I know, its an electric type but perhaps its normal typing can be emphasized (like Gible's Dragon type, Torterra's Grass type, Palpitoad's Water type [poor ground eh!]) but it can have a good electric move as well, so Ash can have another electric type that won't be stealing Pikachu's thunder, did you get what I did there? I love the fact that we have a normal/electric type by the way, there aren't enough dual-type Normal Pokemon that aren't flying in my opinion. [Break the 'Pikachu is the only electric type' rule for Ash's team]

Obviously as new Pokemon are revealed, I will change my predictions. I hope this saga Ash captures another Pokemon that has a type he hasn't used before, like with Gible's dragon-type in Sinnoh, Boldores's Rock type in Unova and Scraggy and Krookodile's dark-type, also in Unova. This might be a new type, with Sylveon, or a Ghost, Steel or Psychic type.

Some things I particularly want out of his XY team, including patterns to break: (or order of preference)

1. A water-type starter fully evolving (or once, at least).
    2. Ash not getting any comic-relief cutesy mascots. Give them to his companions, if they have to exist at all.(As in Unova with Oshawott, Johto with Totodile and and Kanto with Squirtle and obviously Pikachu)
    3. Ash still rotating his team, but much more fairly, with as few of his 6 slots as possible, if any other than Pikachu's, being virtually always reserved for a select few Pokemon (for example, starters). (So having rotation unlike in the first four main regions but done very differently than in Unova)
    4. Ash catching a reasonable number of Pokemon, and no more! (Not like Kanto and Unova, including the released ones)
    5.Ash not having all 3 starters. (As in Kanto, Johto and Unova)
    6.Ash not getting the Grass-type starter. (Has happened every region)
    7.Ash getting a Pokemon of a new type: Ghost/Psychic/Steel/New type.
    8.Ash getting another Electric-type. (Has never happened)

That way we can avoid the problems of previous generations where the teams have been repetitive, grown stale or had an unfair share of screentime and battles.
    Last edited by naughtynun; 13th May 2013 at 7:02 PM.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    His XY team so far is practically confirmed to be:

1.Pikachu
    2.The new Bird
    3. A starter

With the possibility of the other two starters as well. So between 3 and 5 members of Ash's team are already known!

I wonder if it is at all likely that Ash could get a Sylveon? I'd like that personally. Also, a tradition that I would like broken is Ash getting every single grass starter, I would prefer him getting the goat, as it looks cool and he could ride it like he did Lapras!

My ideal team for Ash from the currently revealed lines:

1.Pikachu
    2.Bird - Fully evolved.
    3.Froakie- Fully evolved. [break water-type curse]
    4.Grass deer- either as it is or fully evolved (of course it might be the final stage).
    5.Fennekin- Fully evolved or at least middle-stage.
    6. Sylveon- evolved from an Eevee rather than caught as-is. [Likely to be a new type capture for Ash as it seems to have a new type altogether]

Extra:
    -The electric/normal type, either evolved once or twice, assuming there is a third member in its line. I know, I know, its an electric type but perhaps its normal typing can be emphasized (like Gible's Dragon type, Torterra's Grass type, Palpitoad's Water type [poor ground eh!]) but it can have a good electric move as well, so Ash can have another electric type that won't be stealing Pikachu's thunder, did you get what I did there? I love the fact that we have a normal/electric type by the way, there aren't enough dual-type Normal Pokemon that aren't flying in my opinion. [Break the 'Pikachu is the only electric type' rule for Ash's team]

Obviously as new Pokemon are revealed, I will change my predictions. I hope this saga Ash captures another Pokemon that has a type he hasn't used before, like with Gible's dragon-type in Sinnoh, Boldores's Rock type in Unova and Scraggy and Krookodile's dark-type, also in Unova. This might be a new type, with Sylveon, or a Ghost, Steel or Psychic type.

Some things I particularly want out of his XY team, including patterns to break: (or order of preference)

1. A water-type starter fully evolving (or once, at least).
    2. Ash not getting any comic-relief cutesy mascots. Give them to his companions, if they have to exist at all.(As in Unova with Oshawott, Johto with Totodile and and Kanto with Squirtle and obviously Pikachu)
    3. Ash still rotating his team, but much more fairly, with as few of his 6 slots as possible, if any other than Pikachu's, being virtually always reserved for a select few Pokemon (for example, starters). (So having rotation unlike in the first four main regions but done very differently than in Unova)
    4. Ash catching a reasonable number of Pokemon, and no more! (Not like Kanto and Unova, including the released ones)
    5.Ash not having all 3 starters. (As in Kanto, Johto and Unova)
    6.Ash not getting the Grass-type starter. (Has happened every region)
    7.Ash getting a Pokemon of a new type: Ghost/Psychic/Steel/New type.
    8.Ash getting another Electric-type. (Has never happened)

That way we can avoid the problems of previous generations where the teams have been repetitive, grown stale or had an unfair share of screentime and battles.
    I think he will get 2 early Pokemon - Yayakoma and Chespin and a couple of episodes later he gets a Another Pokemon..i don't want Ash to get all his Pokemon Team all at once..i want it to be spaced out..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

This is the Unova capture thread, not the karos capture thread.

Anyways I hope we don't see palpitoad return. I don't want them to pull a Pidgeot on us.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post

Anyways I hope we don't see palpitoad return. I don't want them to pull a Pidgeot on us.
    Palpitoad will join Kingler and Totodile in their neglected Water-types Club.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I think he will get 2 early Pokemon - Yayakoma and Chespin and a couple of episodes later he gets a Another Pokemon..i don't want Ash to get all his Pokemon Team all at once..i want it to be spaced out..
    I agree with you that its not good to have so many Pokemon too early on. Perhaps you are right and 2 early captures is a good number. I wonder if he could get two Pokemon in the first 15 episodes and then another every 10 or so until he has a full team, and then perhaps one or two extra Pokemon can be added when his main team is established properly. I would like to see the first two Pokemon focused on early on and given development in the form of training, learning a decent move or two and getting a gym battle win each before the third new capture. Then I'd like the new capture to have the most focus for a little while until the fourth and so on. Then in the final gym battle, league and filler saga, all the team has equal treatment and wins. That way no Pokemon steals spotlight while others fester at the lab, like in Unova, where the focus on Pikachu, Oshawott and Tepig (until shortly after it evolved) meant over half of the team were rarely seen.

I disagree with you, however, on which two Pokemon he should get first. I would really hate it if he got those two! Firstly, I don't want the grass type starter to have to be on his team every single generation, so I hope for a break! Secondly, I'm very fed up of Ash's first two captures being the grass starter and the bird. They did it in Hoenn and Sinnoh and slightly varied it in Unova by capturing the bird and the water starter first. What I would love to see is the order of capture of the same generic 'types' of Pokemon the writers make Ash get every time being shaken up, if they must insist on it every generation. By this I mean the generic Pika/early bird/grass starter/fire/water/reserves team. I think the bird being caught so early adds to it being neglected, as starters follow quickly after and their promotion is at its peak, so the bird is ignored and then by the time the starter-hype dies down at all the bird is old news and yet has done nothing.

Why can't the writers be a bit different and have Ash capture the wildcard and a starter first, then the bird and another starter (if he has more than one starter total) or grass/fire/water type second and finally the third elemental type? I liked the fact that Butterfree and not a bird or starter was Ash's first capture after he obtained Pikachu. Similarly, Heracross was Ash's first Johto capture, which would have been great, had they not kept the majority of the Kanto team back and Oaked him! The bird then starters then reserve pattern is incredibly overdone by now! The companions getting a starter each might help here, as the starters are always added to the teams early on.

I don't want his first 6 caught as quickly as Kanto or Unova, or as slow as Hoenn or Sinnoh.

Is there a Karos capture thread? No? Where do you expect me to post this then? Surely you're not suggesting that we can't mention potential 6th gen teams just because the thread title has the word 'Unova' in it!? It always used to just be the capture/release/evolution speculation thread rather than being tied to a specific region.
    Last edited by naughtynun; 13th May 2013 at 11:59 PM.

()
    In Training:
    Released:

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Palpitoad will join Kingler and Totodile in their neglected Water-types Club.
    It's sad that all water types are either in the IN YO FACE group or completely neglected.

It's sad that all water types are either in the IN YO FACE group or completely neglected.
    Squirtle wasn't really in your face yet manages because of being an original :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Squirtle wasn't really in your face yet manages because of being an original :P
    Yea, exactly, anything gen 1 is the exception.

Named Admiral Sentret

Yea, exactly, anything gen 1 is the exception.
    Except Kingler and Muk... and basically Tauros
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Except Kingler and Muk... and basically Tauros
    Yea, Although muk and tauros were basically both gimmick captures and obviously not going to be major used pokemon in battles from the start. Kkngler was screwed over completely though.

Named Admiral Sentret

I REALLY want Ash to get a Gogoat! It looks so cool and so much better than Chespin! I desperately want Ash not to get the grass starter this time round, for once!

()
    In Training:
    Released:

I looked up on the Pokemon profile pages on the official site it states that Chespin has "a curious nature that tends to get it in trouble". So I'm guessing its going to be like the new mascot starter (like Piplup and Oshawott were). And suits Ash, aswell as Fennekin. He will obviously get the new bird pokemon, so here's my Ash prediction. (And sorry if its too early)

Pikachu
    Fletchling
    Chespin
    Fennekin
    Land-based water type or Froakie
    Wildcard 1
    Wildcard 2

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    I looked up on the Pokemon profile pages on the official site it states that Chespin has "a curious nature that tends to get it in trouble". So I'm guessing its going to be like the new mascot starter (like Piplup and Oshawott were). And suits Ash, aswell as Fennekin. He will obviously get the new bird pokemon, so here's my Ash prediction. (And sorry if its too early)

Pikachu
    Fletchling
    Chespin
    Fennekin
    Land-based water type or Froakie
    Wildcard 1
    Wildcard 2
    If Chespin has Oshawott's personality and Ash gets it, that alone will make me stop watching the anime altogether. Ash cannot afford to have another team ruined by an unevolving mascot starter than exists purely for comic relief and marketing. Ash has regressed enough and people will lose any interest in his team if it ends being virtually undeveloped because of screentime being thrown away to see allegedly 'cute' Pokemon chasing balloons and taking a million episodes to learn incredibly basic moves like Aqua jet.
    Last edited by naughtynun; 14th May 2013 at 2:38 PM.

()
    In Training:
    Released:

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    I REALLY want Ash to get a Gogoat! It looks so cool and so much better than Chespin! I desperately want Ash not to get the grass starter this time round, for once!
    We haven't seen Chesping evolutions or the other grass types.

Please don't make chespin an oshawott/piplup clone.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    We haven't seen Chesping evolutions or the other grass types.
    True, but we could be stuck with a Unova-style situation where evolution is a dirty word...

Please don't make chespin an oshawott/piplup clone.
    I hope for this SO much! I can't stand the thought of yet another series being spoiled to some degree by these generic screentime-thieves.

()
    In Training:
    Released:

Chespin pretty much reminds me of a Grass Oshawott, so I can easily see Ash getting it. It's my favorite of the new starters so I don't mind.

i'd rather ash get fennikn its easily the best looking starter
    also i would like ash to get the goat

but really...only 1 starter pokemon not 3 like this series which just sucked for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Chespin pretty much reminds me of a Grass Oshawott, so I can easily see Ash getting it. It's my favorite of the new starters so I don't mind.
    but it could be the pokemon they give to the girl a bit like piplup or torchic.

25. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Please don't even joke.

Ash doesn't need aNOTHER stale starter with no hopes of evolving over the course of 150 episodes. Snivy and Mijuwott did that role plenty of justice this region.

Page 614 of 694 FirstFirst ... 514564604610611612613614615616617618624664 ... LastLast