Page 616 of 694 FirstFirst ... 516566606612613614615616617618619620626666 ... LastLast
Results 15,376 to 15,400 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I doubt both of those will happen.
    Thank you.

Nice to know sppf has a resident time traveller.

I guess its inevitable that Ash will get Chespin, I will still hope to the contrary but I have to say I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen.

What are people's understanding of the likelihood of it, or indeed any of Ash's Pokemon becoming a Piplup/Oshawott rehash in terms of stealing screentime and refusing to evolve?

Is it likely that the writers will repeat the situation Unova, or try something different in the next saga?

Personally, I hope they change it, and a number of things.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    I guess its inevitable that Ash will get Chespin, I will still hope to the contrary but I have to say I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen.

What are people's understanding of the likelihood of it, or indeed any of Ash's Pokemon becoming a Piplup/Oshawott rehash in terms of stealing screentime and refusing to evolve?

Is it likely that the writers will repeat the situation Unova, or try something different in the next saga?

Personally, I hope they change it, and a number of things.
    I think Chespin is a huge hazard of becoming an Oshawott/Piplup esque Pokemon, just because of its looks. Just crossing my fingers here, real hard.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Judging by their entries:

Chespin:
    Despite having a curious nature that tends to get it in trouble, Chespin keeps an optimistic outlook and doesn't worry about small details.

Fennekin:
    Searing heat of up to 200 degrees blows from the ears of the Fire-type Pokémon Fennekin. This Pokémon loves to snack on twigs. Fennekin can be temperamental, but it tries to do its best for its Trainer

Froakie:
    The Water-type Pokémon Froakie is both light and strong, making it capable of jumping incredibly high. The bubbles on its chest and back protect it from attacks. Froakie may appear absentminded, but in truth it pays close attention to its surroundings at all times

I can see the 3 starters being portrayed like this in the animé. Oh yeah and Ash, when going to Kalos, please leave Oshawott at home. Thanks.

With Froakie being kinda slow like Brock's Lotad/Croagunk and Misty's Politoed, but once the battle starts it flips a switch

Chespin I could see being the new Oshawott/Piplup with being optimistic and it not worrying about details. It could end up being overconfident forgetting about the details and underestimating situations and opponents.

Fennekin with the temperament could be like either Snivy where Fennekin is not taking crap from anybody and kinda stand offish or more like Corphish being very energetic and aggressive. Being more like Snivy fits it more though.

Anyway I feel like all 3 the starters 'fit' Ash reading their descriptions.
    Last edited by FlyAsADunsparce; 15th May 2013 at 7:36 PM.

I see this series being like DP. 2 out of the starters. I see him getting Froakie and Chespin with Fennekin going to a companion. I doubt they leave the abused fire type convention and who would abuse that adorable thing. Tell me who!?

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Judging by their entries:

Chespin:
    Despite having a curious nature that tends to get it in trouble, Chespin keeps an optimistic outlook and doesn't worry about small details.

Fennekin:
    Searing heat of up to 200 degrees blows from the ears of the Fire-type Pokémon Fennekin. This Pokémon loves to snack on twigs. Fennekin can be temperamental, but it tries to do its best for its Trainer

Froakie:
    The Water-type Pokémon Froakie is both light and strong, making it capable of jumping incredibly high. The bubbles on its chest and back protect it from attacks. Froakie may appear absentminded, but in truth it pays close attention to its surroundings at all times

I can see the 3 starters being portrayed like this in the animé. Oh yeah and Ash, when going to Kalos, please leave Oshawott at home. Thanks.

With Froakie being kinda slow like Brock's Lotad/Croagunk and Misty's Politoed, but once the battle starts it flips a switch

Chespin I could see being the new Oshawott/Piplup with being optimistic and it not worrying about details. It could end up being overconfident forgetting about the details and underestimating situations and opponents.

Fennekin with the temperament could be like either Snivy where Fennekin is not taking crap from anybody and kinda stand offish or more like Corphish being very energetic and aggressive. Being more like Snivy fits it more though.

Anyway I feel like all 3 the starters 'fit' Ash reading their descriptions.
    The only thing that makes Chesping be the new Piplup or Oshawott would be the design, I don't the entry means much since Oshawott is supposed to be a disciplined pokemon and he isn't one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The only thing that makes Chesping be the new Piplup or Oshawott would be the design, I don't the entry means much since Oshawott is supposed to be a disciplined pokemon and he isn't one at all.
    You're confounding Oshawott with Dewott. Those are Oshawott's entries:

"It fights using the scalchop on its stomach. In response to an attack, it retaliates immediately by slashing."
    "The scalchop on its stomach is made from the same elements as claws. It detaches the scalchop for use as a blade."
    "The scalchop on its stomach isn't just used for battle--it can be used to break open hard berries as well."

There is no mention of discipline. Only the use of the scalchop. To the contrary, with Dewott:

"Strict training is how it learns its flowing double-scalchop technique."
    "Scalchop techniques differ from one Dewott to another. It never neglects maintaining its scalchops."
    "As a result of strict training, each Dewott learns different forms for using the scalchops."

However I agree with something. The entries don't necessarily mean that the Pokemon will be that way, but there is still a good chance. Look at Scraggy, for example.
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 15th May 2013 at 8:30 PM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

August Attack Kids Set.

So far it contains Mewtwo, Red Genesect and probably the Eeveelutions.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    Thank you.

Nice to know sppf has a resident time traveller.
    Do you honestly expect the writers to not have Ash have a Grass-Fire-Water trio of pokemon? Of course he'll catch a Fire-type.

I didn't know Hoothoot evolved into a Psychic/Flying and Staravia into a Fighting/Flying. I can't see them having the regional bird turn into a fire type.

I didn't know Hoothoot evolved into a Psychic/Flying and Staravia into a Fighting/Flying. I can't see them having the regional bird turn into a fire type.
    You never know. There is always a first time. However, I myself doubt that Fletchling will become a Fire/Flying.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}

Do you honestly expect the writers to not have Ash have a Grass-Fire-Water trio of pokemon? Of course he'll catch a Fire-type.

Oh god -_-....are we still going on about patterns, has BW not said FU to a lot of them?? Now wouldn't this show that X and Y is gonna say FU to a lot more??

Stop it with the it can't happen cuz of this reason crap.

The only things that can't happen is Pikachu evolving and Ash not having a starter as far as I'm concerned.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh god -_-....are we still going on about patterns, has BW not said FU to a lot of them?? Now wouldn't this show that X and Y is gonna say FU to a lot more??

Stop it with the it can't happen cuz of this reason crap.

The only things that can't happen is Pikachu evolving and Ash not having a starter as far as I'm concerned.
    First of all BW broke pattern, we don't know that XY will yet. We have to wait and see.

Ash having a main Grass-Fire-Water trio is not even a pattern, it's a series staple. From Bulbasaur-Charizard-Squirtle (I) to Snivy-Pignite-Oshawott (V).

I find it funny how people say that one shouldn't look for patterns, when it is in fact in the human nature to do so, even if there are never meant to be some. It is how humans have learned and developed throughout time. Telling humans not to look for patterns is contradictory to the subconscious behavior.

First of all BW broke pattern, we don't know that XY will yet. We have to wait and see.

Ash having a main Grass-Fire-Water trio is not even a pattern, it's a series staple. From Bulbasaur-Charizard-Squirtle (I) to Snivy-Pignite-Oshawott (V).

I find it funny how people say that one shouldn't look for patterns, when it is in fact in the human nature to do so, even if there are never meant to be some. It is how humans have learned and developed throughout time. Telling humans not to look for patterns is contradictory to the subconscious behavior.
    My brain became a Slowpoke with that last bit becaususe it's true.

Every series so far has broken patterns so I'm confused as to why XY wouldn't.

And he can still have that with only one starter:

Froakie-Fletchling(if he is fire)-grass type

Just stop saying this can't happen do to past events or this has to happen due to past events. It's not confirmed in any way shape or form other then like two patterns that can't break anytime soon.
    Last edited by 1rkhachatryan; 15th May 2013 at 9:01 PM.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    You're confounding Oshawott with Dewott. Those are Oshawott's entries:

"It fights using the scalchop on its stomach. In response to an attack, it retaliates immediately by slashing."
    "The scalchop on its stomach is made from the same elements as claws. It detaches the scalchop for use as a blade."
    "The scalchop on its stomach isn't just used for battle--it can be used to break open hard berries as well."

There is no mention of discipline. Only the use of the scalchop. To the contrary, with Dewott:

"Strict training is how it learns its flowing double-scalchop technique."
    "Scalchop techniques differ from one Dewott to another. It never neglects maintaining its scalchops."
    "As a result of strict training, each Dewott learns different forms for using the scalchops."

However I agree with something. The entries don't necessarily mean that the Pokemon will be that way, but there is still a good chance. Look at Scraggy, for example.
    I'm talking about the line, just like Piplup line is about being proud.

Every series so far has broken patterns so I'm confused as to why XY wouldn't.

And he can still have that with only one starter:

Froakie-Fletchling(if he is fire)-grass type

Just stop saying this can't happen do to past events or this has to happen due to past events. It's not confirmed in any way shape or form other then the two I.
    Well if you read the post I quoted from Durian Seed, you can see that I responded to the fact that Ash would avoid catching a fire type altogether. That is unlikely as it's basically an unwritten rule (it's probably written somewhere in the writers' handbook). He made that comment before he mentioned Fletching. So just based on that first line, would you actually expect Ash not to have a fire type in his team? (this is not including the Fletchling argument)

In my opinion, no. So now comes the Fletching becoming a fire type argument. Which I also doubt. I noticed a pattern, oh how about that. In terms of the game's regional birds.

Odd-number gens: Pidgeot/Swellow/Unfezant - Have standard normal and flying type moves.
    Even-number gens: Noctowl/Staraptor/Fletchling - Have a different type move that sets them apart without taking away their Normal/Flying typing. [Confusion, Close Combat, Flame Charge]

Not to mention that Fletchign becoming a fire type also makes it awkward if one starts out with Fennekin. I believe that's a reason why the regional birds stay as Normal/Flying types so they can be a neutral addition to each team. Notice how no regional birds in very early routes were anything other than Normal/Flying types.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I'm talking about the line, just like Piplup line is about being proud.
    Ah, by your post it seemed that you were talking only about Oshawott, not the whole line. My bad.

Not to mention that Fletchign becoming a fire type also makes it awkward if one starts out with Fennekin. I believe that's a reason why the regional birds stay as Normal/Flying types so they can be a neutral addition to each team. Notice how no regional birds in very early routes were anything other than Normal/Flying types.
    Actually you can find Wingull quite early in RSE, in Route 103 (earlier than Taillow, who can be found in Route 104). However, one could argue that Wingull isn't a regional bird. In that case, your reasoning makes sense.
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 15th May 2013 at 9:20 PM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Ah, by your post it seemed that you were talking only about Oshawott, not the whole line. My bad.
    Should have explained myself better, yeah I meant Oshawott doesn't exactly fit the supposed behaviour of his line :P.

Well if you read the post I quoted from Durian Seed, you can see that I responded to the fact that Ash would avoid catching a fire type altogether. That is unlikely as it's basically an unwritten rule (it's probably written somewhere in the writers' handbook). He made that comment before he mentioned Fletching. So just based on that first line, would you actually expect Ash not to have a fire type in his team? (this is not including the Fletchling argument)

In my opinion, no. So now comes the Fletching becoming a fire type argument. Which I also doubt. I noticed a pattern, oh how about that. In terms of the game's regional birds.

Odd-number gens: Pidgeot/Swellow/Unfezant - Have standard normal and flying type moves.
    Even-number gens: Noctowl/Staraptor/Fletchling - Have a different type move that sets them apart without taking away their Normal/Flying typing. [Confusion, Close Combat, Flame Charge]

Not to mention that Fletchling becoming a fire type also makes it awkward if one starts out with Fennekin. I believe that's a reason why the regional birds stay as Normal/Flying types so they can be a neutral addition to each team. Notice how no regional birds in very early routes were anything other than Normal/Flying types.
    I never said he wouldn't get a fire type cuz it's obvious he always will.

Really?? So Fletchling wouldn't be a flying type?? He would just be a fire type right?? Cuz no one has ever had two pokemon of the same type on a team but with different secondary types...got it.

Again, just because something is true in the past, doesn't mean it will always be true.

I never said he wouldn't get a fire type cuz it's obvious he always will.

Really?? So Fletchling wouldn't be a flying type?? He would just be a fire type right?? Cuz no one has ever had two pokemon of the same type on a team but with different secondary types...got it.

Again, just because something is true in the past, doesn't mean it will always be true.
    You're still hung up on fletchling's type?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    You're still hung up on fletchling's type?
    No, all I'm saying is that his evolution's types have not been confirmed yet so everybody should stop jumping on someone who offers a different opinion.

No, all I'm saying is that his evolution's types have not been confirmed yet so everybody should stop jumping on someone who offers a different opinion.
    I think the writers do have a handbook that they make sure to use when planning Ash's team.

Pikachu
    Normal/Flying
    Starter/grass
    Starter/Fire
    Starter/Water which is not evolving

Thinking that they're gonna break the normal flying tradition would be upsetting the natural order.

I think the writers do have a handbook that they make sure to use when planning Ash's team.

Pikachu
    Normal/Flying
    Starter/grass
    Starter/Fire
    Starter/Water which is not evolving

Thinking that they're gonna break the normal flying tradition would be upsetting the natural order.
    Oy, he would still have a fire and flying type.

Seriously all this would do is open up a slot for a new pokemon.

Oy, he would still have a fire and flying type.

Seriously all this would do is open up a slot for a new pokemon.
    Charizard+Piegeot/Noctowl.

Charizard+Piegeot/Noctowl.
    The only move Charizard could learn was Wing Attack and besides he got Pidgeotto first.

Also Charizard didn't obey then left after one gym.

Page 616 of 694 FirstFirst ... 516566606612613614615616617618619620626666 ... LastLast