Page 625 of 694 FirstFirst ... 525575615621622623624625626627628629635675 ... LastLast
Results 15,601 to 15,625 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

If it's not the record it's pretty close.

Edit: That's what I get for trying to do basic math while half asleep. :I
    Last edited by An00bis; 7th June 2013 at 3:32 AM.

Ash's last evolution: 10 Months ago - Krokorok -> Krookodile.

Ash's last capture: 16 Months ago - Krokorok.

Ash's last team swap?: 3 Months ago - Unfezant = Charizard.

Really sucky team excitement and anticpation all throughout BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post

Strong start, piss-*ss weak development.

That absolutely has to be the record. It feels even longer than that though honestly. If youre going by real time, it might end being over 20 months without any team change of ash or any character period. That is sad.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

That's actually depressing...and people complain about the year gap in DP from badge 7 to 8? Even in OI and the Battle Frontier Ash's team had adjustments....

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

3DS accessories featuring Movie Pokémon for 8th June.
    Sticker set featuring Movie Pokémon for Mid June.
    Mewtwo and Genesect T-shirts
    Pikachu short T-shirt
    Movie Pokémon Socks

Bath Salts for July featuring
    Pikachu
    Eevee
    Sylveon
    Red Genesect
    Mewtwo
    Note: These actually appeared on Amiami yesterday, I decided to delay it to post it along with everything else.

This is old but I didn't post it before so, Mewtwo, Red Genesect and Pikachu fan for June 21st.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

What makes this even worse is that the first half of Best Wishes had 9 captures and 6 evolutions in it (7 if you count Sandile) and Ash working towards the league
    Best Wishes 2 had 1 evolution, Charizard returning, a rushed league (with filler in the middle) and Ash no wandering some islands with no goal and 4 starters in his team (seriously doubt he has access to anything but the 6 he has with him while on the boat).

Meaning at this point Oshawott, Snivy and Pignite are the only Pokemon he has that even can evolve (not that its happening anymore since without a goal there is no point in captures or evolutions since they all get Oaked soon anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by PAndrews View Post
    What makes this even worse is that the first half of Best Wishes had 9 captures and 6 evolutions in it (7 if you count Sandile) and Ash working towards the league
    Best Wishes 2 had 1 evolution, Charizard returning, a rushed league (with filler in the middle) and Ash no wandering some islands with no goal and 4 starters in his team (seriously doubt he has access to anything but the 6 he has with him while on the boat).

Meaning at this point Oshawott, Snivy and Pignite are the only Pokemon he has that even can evolve (not that its happening anymore since without a goal there is no point in captures or evolutions since they all get Oaked soon anyway)
    I never understood why most development took place in the first half and not having any decent development right before the league, with the exception of Krookodile?

I almost think the first half should be about all captures, most beginning evolutions, and at least one final evolution, while the 2nd half can be for last minute team changes (for potential 3rd versions or sequels with more older gen Pokemon) and a bunch of final evolutions.

Of course the weird times to choose to evolve a Pokemon isn't helpful either, I mean Tepig if it was going to be the only starter to evolve should've evolved a lot sooner to allow Ash with at least an Emboar by the league, so what if Bianca had one, it's not like Ash had Dewott or Servine for the sake of Trip having Serperior and Cameron with a Samurott, which pisses me off even more since Ash didn't even get one final evolved starter.

It should be an unwritten rule that Ash if he has more than ONE starter should have one be fully evolved by the league, if he only has one, then it can stay in it's middle form. I'm sick of this unwritten rule that states if three "rivals" have all fully evolved starters that Ash doesn't get one. Honestly Ash should've had all final forms of all three. He would've been the only trainer, that somehow got all three of the starters and fully evolved it, as opposed to the typical one starter only trainers.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Did anyone that ash went against in johto have a meganium? I mean charizard was the only evolved one in OS, and the freakin guy he lost to in the league had a near indentical team, so you are right, it isnt a good excuse.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Did anyone that ash went against in johto have a meganium? I mean charizard was the only evolved one in OS, and the freakin guy he lost to in the league had a near indentical team, so you are right, it isnt a good excuse.
    Casey and Vincent.

It is a really bad excuse. However that did not stop Turtwig.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I never understood why most development took place in the first half and not having any decent development right before the league, with the exception of Krookodile?

I almost think the first half should be about all captures, most beginning evolutions, and at least one final evolution, while the 2nd half can be for last minute team changes (for potential 3rd versions or sequels with more older gen Pokemon) and a bunch of final evolutions.

Of course the weird times to choose to evolve a Pokemon isn't helpful either, I mean Tepig if it was going to be the only starter to evolve should've evolved a lot sooner to allow Ash with at least an Emboar by the league, so what if Bianca had one, it's not like Ash had Dewott or Servine for the sake of Trip having Serperior and Cameron with a Samurott, which pisses me off even more since Ash didn't even get one final evolved starter.

It should be an unwritten rule that Ash if he has more than ONE starter should have one be fully evolved by the league, if he only has one, then it can stay in it's middle form. I'm sick of this unwritten rule that states if three "rivals" have all fully evolved starters that Ash doesn't get one. Honestly Ash should've had all final forms of all three. He would've been the only trainer, that somehow got all three of the starters and fully evolved it, as opposed to the typical one starter only trainers.
    But a rival having the same starter wasn't a problem in DP. Ash and Paul both ended up with Torterra. Since the league happened halfway the saga it isn't a huge problem that he his starters were unevolved (though I would have prefered a Dewott and Servine), since he did have Unfeazent, Krookodile and Leavanny, so he did have 3 fully evolved Pokemon along with 3 middle stages, so his team wasn't that bad.

However the fact that evolutions and team growth just stopped became a problem, combined with the fact that he has no goal right now makes it worse.
    He should have evolved Pignite, Boldore and Palpitoad by now to give him a fully evolved team to use and he should have a league, Battle Frontier or tournament or something to to be heading towards.

Right now evolving is pointless since this team has no goal left to get stronger for, since they all get oaked before the next challenge anyway.

I hope this team gets a chance to shine in the Kalos league. His team had alot of chance to evolve, snivy could do it againts Pawniard, Scraggy in the 2nd don tournament,Oshawott plenty but the writers choose against it.

cause giving Ash a stronger team would make him go further in the league. and they restarted pretty much all of ash's experience so his is almost rookie.

I could see Pignite evolve in a battle against Bianca. Irony!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

I totally agree. I think its high time that the main characters team wasn't sacrificed on the altar that is marketing. Let Ash have the decent team and the companions have the puny team for once. Give Ash one or two decent rivals and have a few rivals punchbag rivals like Cabernet that aren't to be taken seriously, which can advertise the Togepi's, Piplup's and Oshawott's of this world.
    Last edited by naughtynun; 10th June 2013 at 8:48 PM.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    I hope this team gets a chance to shine in the Kalos league. His team had alot of chance to evolve, snivy could do it againts Pawniard, Scraggy in the 2nd don tournament,Oshawott plenty but the writers choose against it.

cause giving Ash a stronger team would make him go further in the league. and they restarted pretty much all of ash's experience so his is almost rookie.

I could see Pignite evolve in a battle against Bianca. Irony!
    I hope the Kalos league will be more like the Johto and Sinnoh league where Ash used his reserves as well as his current team. He could use his current team against his main rival in Kalos and use some of his Unova pokemon in the preliminaries and other rounds following.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    I hope the Kalos league will be more like the Johto and Sinnoh league where Ash used his reserves as well as his current team. He could use his current team against his main rival in Kalos and use some of his Unova pokemon in the preliminaries and other rounds following.
    If Ash uses reserves in next league, most likely Unova pokemons will be losers.Because they are weaker than others sadly.(If we don't count Krokodile.)

If Ash uses reserves next gen in the tournament hopefully he gives his Fire types a break. He should use unevolved Pokemon like Gible and Totidile(Poor guy is the only unevolved Johto Pokemon)

Quote Originally Posted by Matsuyamakun View Post
    If Ash uses reserves in next league, most likely Unova pokemons will be losers.Because they are weaker than others sadly.(If we don't count Krokodile.)
    He might actually make it past the top 8 if he brings his reserves

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedFan View Post
    Hear hear. I don't know why the writers we be so troll-like to not let him use reserves next time. We need redemption for Pokemon like Unfezant, Totodile, Torkoal and Torterra.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedFan View Post
    Ash can even make it past semi-finals if he brings his reserves.In the finals he might use Unova pokemons and get a heavy defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsuyamakun View Post
    Ash can even make it past semi-finals if he brings his reserves.In the finals he might use Unova pokemons and get a heavy defeat.
    or he could use reserves and only get to top 16.

Reserves have nothing to do with league placement. He would of lost in the same place in Unova League even if he used reserves

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    or he could use reserves and only get to top 16.

Reserves have nothing to do with league placement. He would of lost in the same place in Unova League even if he used reserves
    Very true, he could enter the League with just Mewtwo and lose the preliminary or win the whole thing with a team of 6 Magikarps. Its all up to the writers and if they think Ash should win, his actual team has nothing to do with how well he does. It just makes it a lot more believable for him to win matches with a proper team of evolved Pokemon and powerhouses instead of little cuddlies and plushies.

Given what we know about fairy types, If Georgia returns I'd love to see her with Something from the marill or Jigglypuff lines, preferably Wigglytuff

Quote Originally Posted by PAndrews View Post
    But a rival having the same starter wasn't a problem in DP. Ash and Paul both ended up with Torterra.
    The reason for that is Paul's Torterra didn't play a factor...because unlike Ash (but for good reason unfortunately) Paul feels his stater deserves a break every now and then, at least I assume that. Plus it's probably it's probably just to train up other Pokemon too, not to mention Paul wasn't gonna risk losing to Ash knowing that he could develop a strategy around the team he used in their first full battle

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Given what we know about fairy types, If Georgia returns I'd love to see her with Something from the marill or Jigglypuff lines, preferably Wigglytuff
    Pretty sure the ending implies the rivals aren't gonna appear anymore
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Soo.. Going a bit into Gen6 now that we know a few more pokemon:
    - Pikachu
    - Fletchling's evo appears to have flame patterns on its body so it can take the role of Fire-type, opening up a slot!
    - Chespin
    - Froakie
    - Pancham
    - New Ground-type/Dunsparce-evo.

Sorry if this hasn't been allowed, but we're getting a bucketload of pokemon extra by the second it seems.

- A seahorse
    - A crustacean
    - Fletchlings possible evolution
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Soo.. Going a bit into Gen6 now that we know a few more pokemon:
    - Pikachu
    - Fletchling's evo appears to have flame patterns on its body so it can take the role of Fire-type, opening up a slot!
    - Chespin
    - Froakie
    - Pancham
    - New Ground-type/Dunsparce-evo.

Sorry if this hasn't been allowed, but we're getting a bucketload of pokemon extra by the second it seems.

- A seahorse
    - A crustacean
    - Fletchlings possible evolution
    That would be nice. Fennekin seems like it will be the new Oshawott/Piplup of this generation so it probably won't matter if Ash gets it.
    Hoping Froakie breaks the water curse if Ash catches him.

Page 625 of 694 FirstFirst ... 525575615621622623624625626627628629635675 ... LastLast