Page 626 of 694 FirstFirst ... 526576616622623624625626627628629630636676 ... LastLast
Results 15,626 to 15,650 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Soo.. Going a bit into Gen6 now that we know a few more pokemon:
    - Pikachu
    - Fletchling's evo appears to have flame patterns on its body so it can take the role of Fire-type, opening up a slot!
    - Chespin
    - Froakie
    - Pancham
    - New Ground-type/Dunsparce-evo.

Sorry if this hasn't been allowed, but we're getting a bucketload of pokemon extra by the second it seems.

- A seahorse
    - A crustacean
    - Fletchlings possible evolution

If Fletchling's evo becomes either part fire or at least as a good disposal of fire type moves on it, I think that'd be nice for Ash to have for the purpose of being able to fit more types of pokemon on his team. Noivern would be a cool choice for a flyer as well if Ash somehow does not get the regional bird again.

Although in terms of non-starters, Pancham is at the top of my wishlist for Ash to get. It's one of my favorites from the pokemon that have been revealed so far.

EDIT: I'm guessing after Unova, Ash will leave all his pokemon besides Pikachu back at Oak's. But if there's ever chance of brining back reserves some point, I think it'd be nice to see more Palpitoad since its line might be in the regional pokedex.
    Last edited by Ash6K; 11th June 2013 at 9:50 PM.

I just thought of something if ash does get dunsparce it might have a normal/fairy type evo just in case he doesn't get syvleon.
    Unova -
    Kalos

I wonder if Ash gets the fire/flying bird (which he inevitably will if it is the regional early bird) will he still have to get another fire type. Hopefully not, so two spots on his team could be left for wildcards. I'd love for Ash to have a less formulaic team.

How about this:

Ash:
    -Pikachu (Electric)
    -Fully evolved Fletchling (Fire/Flying)
    -Fully evolved Froakie (Water/Fighting)
    -Gogoat (Grass)

Then the final two slots could be used for some combination of Psychic, Ghost, Fairy and Steel types, ideally with dual types. I'd prefer it if Ash captured only one or two extras after he has a full team.

There are types like ice, dragon, electric and dark which Ash doesn't have too many Pokemon of which I'd prefer for him to get rather than more normal or ground types.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

I'm only speculating on what we've seen of the new Pokemon so far, but i'm hoping Ash's Team looks like this at the moment:

-Pikachu (obviously).
    -Chespin (Grass Starter as usual but also my favourite, hopefully only Chespin too).
    -Talonflame (It's the regional bird so it's a given, i'm not a huge fan but it's starting to grow on me).
    -Clauncher (Another Crab Pokemon like Kingler and Corphish, really hoping he catches this to fit past criteria and also because it looks awesome.
    -N/A yet.
    -N/A yet.

Why exactly are people against Ash having 2 fire types? No one complained when Ash doubled up on Grass or Water so why fire? Talonflame and Whatever fennekin evolves into can both make great additons to Ash's team.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Why exactly are people against Ash having 2 fire types? No one complained when Ash doubled up on Grass or Water so why fire? Talonflame and Whatever fennekin evolves into can both make great additons to Ash's team.
    It would be a little redundant. But... as people always say, different Pokémon have different roles. Talonflame can be the fast powerful flier (and be used for the Sky Battles) and maybe good with physical attacks while the hypothetical Fennekin Psychic evolution can provide various ranged moves. I honestly am not against that scenario, as long as Fennekin doesn't take glory from the bird.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

I'm fine with two fire types, just like I was fine with two dark, two water, two grass, two figthing this region, they won't battle the same way its the argument I've used before, I'm fine with a flying bird and a ground fire pokemon, Fennekin, Lion, wtv I'm fine, obviously I want 9/10 again not just 5 + Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I'm fine with two fire types, just like I was fine with two dark, two water, two grass, two figthing this region, they won't battle the same way its the argument I've used before, I'm fine with a flying bird and a ground fire pokemon, Fennekin, Lion, wtv I'm fine, obviously I want 9/10 again not just 5 + Pikachu.
    I would actually say, pull a new move! Give Ash no starters :X:X

That way he will actually rotate teams instead of using Mijumaru and Chaobo...or similar things. Know what would be ideal? Now that old Pokemon can be used...he could try taking Gible and use it the Fairy Gym for lulz.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    I would actually say, pull a new move! Give Ash no starters :X:X

That way he will actually rotate teams instead of using Mijumaru and Chaobo...or similar things. Know what would be ideal? Now that old Pokemon can be used...he could try taking Gible and use it the Fairy Gym for lulz.
    They will promote other pokemon and as far as I'm concerned, for the 1000th time, I want him to get the 3 starters, ALWAYS.

If Ash has the same amount of pokemon like BW, it wouldn't be a problem for him to get Talonflame and another fire type (whether it's the lion cub or Fennekin). But since we don't know that yet, if he just gets 5 pokemon + Pikachu, preferably he'd just have one fire, one grass, and one water with two other types (one flyer and one wildcard). Normally, the flyer and fire are separate but if Ash gets Talonflame, he'd have space for two wildcards instead of one. Considering the recent usage on this type, Ash might as well get a ground type and then something else (I'm personally hoping for Pancham). It depends on how they want to do Ash's team again. Having rotation can allow Ash to get more pokemon with more flexibility on repeated types. Having a traditional 6 pokemon team should be a bit more diverse in typing imo.

They will promote other pokemon and as far as I'm concerned, for the 1000th time, I want him to get the 3 starters, ALWAYS.
    So that you can have another Best Wishes performance? I loved Chimchar and Turtwig...they both evolved into full forms. I connect to starters more if they evolve :x The same goes to Sceptile. I am fine with three starters as long as they evolve. But Fennekin seems to be another marketable Pokemon....but they have always evolved a fire type...now this is conflicting

<--My tumblr

\

So that you can have another Best Wishes performance? I loved Chimchar and Turtwig...they both evolved into full forms. I connect to starters more if they evolve :x The same goes to Sceptile. I am fine with three starters as long as they evolve. But Fennekin seems to be another marketable Pokemon....but they have always evolved a fire type...now this is conflicting
    I was fine with BW, the starters will get better treatment because they are more popular 6 or 10, my only problem was Palpitoad not appearing more, writers dropping Oshawott story because of marketing, Snivy being stale the entire region.

I don't quite understand, why are people here under the false impression the amount of starters he owns amounts to the amount of evolutions they will get? The writer do whatever they want, there's no such pattern. All three starter could evolve, none could evolve. He could catch one and it could not evolve. He could catch two and they could evolve once. It doesn't really matter nor is there any such evolutionary chart.

I was fine with BW, the starters will get better treatment because they are more popular 6 or 10, my only problem was Palpitoad not appearing more, writers dropping Oshawott story because of marketing, Snivy being stale the entire region.
    You do realize you're saying that Pignite is the only one to get consistent development through the series...which is basically what I mean too? Starters will always get focus....but if one them becomes popular they won't evolve...and I would rather have this not-evolving Pokemon with someone else than Ash. Pochama was fine with Hikari right? We had Dodaitose and Goukazaru!

Focus is not a problem. In AG, Treecko, Mudkip and Torchic were given due focus but they weren't in one team, remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I don't quite understand, why are people here under the false impression the amount of starters he owns amounts to the amount of evolutions they will get? The writer do whatever they want, there's no such pattern. All three starter could evolve, none could evolve. He could catch one and it could not evolve. He could catch two and they could evolve once. It doesn't really matter nor is there any such evolutionary chart.
    No one is under a false impression, it's just that your interpretation of what we say is slightly incorrect.

I think no one is telling that number of starters Ash has has to do with number of evolutions. DP, AG are obvious contradictions if someone says that, right? What I am saying is one of these starters is bound to play the obvious "I don't want to evolve" thing like Piplup or they simply won't evolve like Oshawott or Snivy did. If Ash has all three starters and one of them is bound to stay in its base form then I would rather have someone else have that starter so that he isn't stuck with an unevolved Pokemon. It's as simple as that.

This of course needn't be necessary, but this is what we have been seeing in almost every gen except AG.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 12th June 2013 at 5:46 PM.

<--My tumblr

\

Rotom was edited into the Da opening, gives more hope for team changes if they could edit the ending too.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

You do realize you're saying that Pignite is the only one to get consistent development through the series...which is basically what I mean too? Starters will always get focus....but if one them becomes popular they won't evolve...and I would rather have this not-evolving Pokemon with someone else than Ash. Pochama was fine with Hikari right? We had Dodaitose and Goukazaru!
    Pignite got development, Scraggy got development, Oshawott got till 4th gym then they dropped it, Krokoodile got development, Snivy was stale but got her mom moments still stale in terms of her own growth though, those pokemon got attention and good personalities, Leavanny also got its moments and fun personality quirks mainly as a Sewaddle and Leavanny, Unfezant and Boldore got its moments too, the main problem was Palpitoad only but once again, they gave him more pokemon to give him more options in battle, to better show how we do stuff ingame, we try pokemon out and change teams if needed, the more popular got more screentime/focus because of that, I said back when BW started that I was expecting the reserves to get less attention than the starters thats was obvious from the start, we still got 3 fully evolved pokemon even if it wasn't starters, the others evolutions didn't happen because they didnt' happen, there was plenty of time to do it, one reason or another(marketing or wtv) they just didn't happen, having more or less pokemon probably wouldn't have changed anything.

Mudkip got treated like crap as far as I'm concerned, wasting a starter on Takeshi was an idiotic move by the writers.

I don't really care about the other characters at the end of the day, I like them but Satoshi is my main focus because hes the one that will stay always till this ends, so I prefer the starters to be given to Satoshi , thats personal taste at the end of the day, just like I want every single pokemon Satoshi owns to evolve(yes even Pikachu), its just how I would like things to happen just personal opinion and nothing will change that, I will always and I mean always want him to get the 3 starters and the regional bird even if I don't like one of them.

Every time Ash has captured 3 starters, only one of them has evolved during it initial run (I say this because it took nearly 400 episodes for Cyndaquil to evolve; for no real purpose as it barely got used properly). So there is no false impression, it's been this way since Gen 1...the biggest reason is they enjoy marketing at least two basic stage starters and evolve the least popular of the three, although Chikarita could be an exception, because I thought she was more popular then Totodile.

This doesn't mean I'm against Ash getting all 3 starters though
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Every time Ash has captured 3 starters, only one of them has evolved during it initial run (I say this because it took nearly 400 episodes for Cyndaquil to evolve; for no real purpose as it barely got used properly). So there is no false impression, it's been this way since Gen 1...the biggest reason is they enjoy marketing at least two basic stage starters and evolve the least popular of the three, although Chikarita could be an exception, because I thought she was more popular then Totodile.
    Nothing but nonsensical fan analysis, there is no pattern. The writers simply do whatever they choose, just like many supposed patterns before that have been broken. Only a fool deals in absolutes.

Nothing but nonsensical fan analysis, there is no pattern. The writers simply do whatever they choose, just like many supposed patterns before that have been broken. Only a fool deals in absolutes.
    I agree with this.

No matter what happens, it is pretty much guaranteed one starter is getting screwed over, it doesn't matter if it's evenly distributed, or Ash has 2 or three, someone is getting screwed over in the long run.

However there is more of a guarantee that if Ash has all three, they will get to be in a lot of episodes, they will battle, and maybe not where it counts (the league), they will get wins. There's no guarantee that unless we are talking about the character's starter, the same would happen if it belonged to an Iris/Cilan/Brock/Misty type character.

Like with evolutions. There is no guarantee what would happen.

Ash had Torterra and Infernape for crying out loud by the Sinnoh League.

I find it very hard to believe, that Ash only has 1 starter, it only evolves once by the league, or he has 2 and they are fully evolved by the league, and if he has three, only one evolves once, and maybe rarely one will fully evolve.

Sorry no pattern. I'm willing to give the writers one more chance on giving Ash all three starters, only because all three starters are awesome, my favorite group of starters. And I want Ash to have all three.

If they screw it up again, however, I'm not going to care when 7th gen rolls around.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Based on what we have seen so far..

Ash
    Pikachu
    Fletchling-Talonflame or Kofukimushi-Vivillon
    Chespin
    Froakie

X and Y Female Protagonist
    Fennekin
    Furabebe

Main Characters of X/Y Anime as I see it:

Ash:
    Pikachu
    Fletchling - Talonflame - ??? (Charizard 2.0, as in a Fire and Flying type role)
    Chespin (Always gets the grass type, suits him)
    Clauncher/Froakie (Clauncher: New Kingler and Corphish, Froakie: If Ash doesn't get the former, has to evolve PLEASE!!!)
    G6 Pokemon (Wildcard, or Fire type if writers decide to go with a land based fire type)
    Old Pokemon with G6 evo (Weak at first, then becomes a powerhouse after evolving like Gliscor)

Serena or Sana (whoever is the "good girl", not the rival):
    Fennekin (Main Pokemon)
    Fairy Type (Promote the new type)
    G6 Pikachu-like Pokemon (Same treatment as Pachirisu and Emolga)
    Whatsitsname - Spewpa - Vivillon (New Bug)

Tieruno:
    Froakie (Starter)
    Whatever he gets in the games, but with a few differnces

Toroba:
    No idea

I really do see the guys you befriend at the start being Ash's new buds

Oh god.. I started this didn't I? A mod should come in and give some ground rules..

Quote Originally Posted by kickachu View Post
    I just thought of something if ash does get dunsparce it might have a normal/fairy type evo just in case he doesn't get syvleon.
    The way types are being shuffled, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up Fairy/Normal.. -.- Fire/Normal.. For gods sake, you can be Normal, and have Fire-elements, but you can't be Fire, and have Normal elements, it just defeats the purpose of the primary type.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I'm only speculating on what we've seen of the new Pokemon so far, but i'm hoping Ash's Team looks like this at the moment:

-Pikachu (obviously).
    -Chespin (Grass Starter as usual but also my favourite, hopefully only Chespin too).
    -Talonflame (It's the regional bird so it's a given, i'm not a huge fan but it's starting to grow on me).
    -Clauncher (Another Crab Pokemon like Kingler and Corphish, really hoping he catches this to fit past criteria and also because it looks awesome.
    -N/A yet.
    -N/A yet.
    I agree on the first three. Clauncher seems like a fit to evolve, but after Palpitoad I don't want to take anymore bets at all. It doesn't have a distinguishable mouth, which usually is a key thing for the pokemon Ash owns. So if Ash gets it, I'm reckoning it will evolve. And for some reason, I'm getting a 3-stage vibe from it, to differentiate it from the previous crabs/shrimp/shellfish.

If not Froakie, then Clauncher for me. I'm 70/30 about it. Depending on which one would have more benefit from evolving when we get the evolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I don't like Fennekin. That's just my opinion, hence I'm glad with the possibility of Talonflame opening a teamslot. Shishiko is a tough one. It's a lot like Shinx, perhaps too marketable for Ash and would distract from the starters. Though Shinx was an Electric-type, which is off bounds for Ash, so Shishiko might be an option. It would also give Ash his 'Normal'-type, which usually just was a default-type he got with each regional bird, but since Fletchling evolves into a Fire-type, he could get the Normal-type through Cuburn ****ademarked by Locormus - Pay with respect].

Ash has two Fire-types at this moment: Pignite and Charizard. It kinda left all his other types in the dark though..

And 9 to 10 team members again? Lets just say that I'm willing to argue and agree, with my only terms of approval that I would not want to drop being that he shouldn't be capturing 8 of those before gym 4. Which is just insane and was the tertiary reason (after crud writing and marketing) why a lot of Unova reserves are getting backlogged.

I was fine with BW, the starters will get better treatment because they are more popular 6 or 10, my only problemS wERE Palpitoad not appearing more, writers dropping Oshawott story because of marketing, Snivy being stale the entire region.
    Fixed that for you.

My problems were:
    - Reserves only getting one or two good battles, with an exceptional third decent battle.
    - Reserves barely appearing, with Palpitoad taking the crown.
    - Reserves being caught in too quick succession, leaving no breathing space and just crowded Ash's team way too soon.
    - Reserves barely being developed, causing forced evolutions mid battle, and for many pokemon to remain stale, with Snivy (a starter) taking this crown.
    - What Oshawott storyline, it had one?

Saying that the starters will get better treatment, because they are more popular, and then using Snivy as an example of how she was stale the entire reason shows how bad Best Wishes was written. A member of the group, that supposedly would get better treatment ended up stale through the entire region. If one would say that to me before watching the series I probably wouldn't have bothered watching it entirely.

Pignite got development
    Scraggy got development,
    Oshawott got till 4th gym then they dropped it,
    Krokoodile got development,
    Snivy was stale but got her mom moments, still stale in terms of her own growth though, those pokemon got attention and good personalities,

Leavanny also got its moments and fun personality quirks mainly as a Sewaddle and Leavanny,
    Unfezant and Boldore got its moments too,
    The main problem was Palpitoad only

But once again, they gave him more pokemon to give him more options in battle, to better show how we do stuff ingame, we try pokemon out and change teams if needed, the more popular got more screentime/focus because of that. I said back when BW started that I was expecting the reserves to get less attention than the starters, that was obvious from the start. We still got 3 fully evolved pokemon even if it wasn't starters, the others evolutions didn't happen because they didn't happen, there was plenty of time to do it, one reason or another(marketing or wtv) they just didn't happen, having more or less pokemon probably wouldn't have changed anything.

Mudkip got treated like crap as far as I'm concerned, wasting a starter on Takeshi was an idiotic move by the writers.

I don't really care about the other characters at the end of the day, I like them but Satoshi is my main focus because hes the one that will stay always till this ends, so I prefer the starters to be given to Satoshi , thats personal taste at the end of the day, just like I want every single pokemon Satoshi owns to evolve(yes even Pikachu), its just how I would like things to happen just personal opinion and nothing will change that, I will always and I mean always want him to get the 3 starters and the regional bird even if I don't like one of them.
    I can tell you're taking this personally, because of the grammar issues, so I'll be honest with you. As a friend.

I agree with the above until the 'But once again'. Since Ash is the character that will stick until the end, I'd like to see that he has his personality not changed drastically. Ash has been the guy that will stick with his pokemon through thick and thin, such as how he held them in Snow Way Out. That's Ash. He cares about all of his pokemon. That's what he is about. He treats his pokemon as his friends, not as 'options' to use in battle.

We can't prove that the writers gave him more pokemon to showcase how we can use them ingame, and frankly, I hope they didn't, because it wouldn't fit with Ash's character. It would fit with Paul's character though, and DP -and the Ash/Paul-rivalry story- was exactly an example of how that isn't what Ash's character is about. I want Ash to be Ash, and not Paul. If Ash can't use a pokemon well enough anymore, he'll release it in order for it to better itself. Which is what he should've done with Palpitoad at one point, because Ash wasn't going to be using it to its fullest potential anymore.

Similar with your starter argument, it doesn't hold ground: Yes, they get screentime, but Snivy still remained stale through the entire series. You can therefore not use it to defend Best Wishes in any way or form. We all know that Tepig was the least popular starter and it still evolved and got development, whereas Oshawott and Snivy didn't. Bottom point: Sewaddle got more development then Snivy while barely appearing as is.

Considering that, it wouldn't have been an issue if Iris was the one to showcase Snivy for instance. It would probably have developed more.

Now I agree with you on Mudkip though.. Ash would've been better off with it. I always found it odd that they tried to give Brock two Water-types in Hoenn. It was just odd and didn't feel right. Ash could've done wonders with a Marshtomp, which is far more versatile then Corphish ever could be.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Based on what we have seen so far..

Ash
    Pikachu
    Fletchling-Talonflame or Kofukimushi-Vivillon
    Chespin
    Froakie

X and Y Female Protagonist
    Fennekin
    Furabebe
    I can agree to that, well.. Not the Vivillon-thingie.. That's just not cool compared to Tailonfiarrow
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I think having hands is more important than having a mouth if you want ash to not evolve you. And if anything Snivy should be released since she hit her ceiling a long time ago. Maybe it's time someone's Pokemon thiefs away her hidden ever stone....

Ok I know this will never happen, but now that Gardevoir is a little more relevant with the new typing, I think it could make a great addition to Ash's team. He can catch a Ralts or Kirlia near the end of Da and take it and Pikachu with him.

Also can anybody see Pikachu being a fairy type?? I know it'll never happen but it could make it fresh after all this time.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Talonflame would be perfect for Ash.And would be like a second Swellow...a better Swellow.

I can see Ash with either Chespin or Froakie and him only having one starter.There are so many companions and rivals introduced,it would be ideal for Ash to have just one starter and for the rest to share the other starters.

Page 626 of 694 FirstFirst ... 526576616622623624625626627628629630636676 ... LastLast