Page 628 of 694 FirstFirst ... 528578618624625626627628629630631632638678 ... LastLast
Results 15,676 to 15,700 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    1st Generation: Charmander and Bulbasaur got treated nicely, Squirtle received the least amount of development.

2nd Generation: Chikorita evolved and Cyndaquil got the most gym wins, not counting stupid Pikachu which was in every gym. Totodile got the worst treatment.

5 Generation- Pignite is Ash's strongest 5th gen starter, Oshawott has shown up in approximately 50% or more of the episodes in its entire run. While it sucks at battling, it does get tons of screentime. Snivy was the worst treated, not being good at battles and showing up infrequently.

Besides one thing: Brock's Marshtomp. Yeah I don't know about you, but I like these starters too much for them to be treated like that.
    At the same time though, in AG, Sceptile and Blaziken were treated extremely well and on a brighter note, the Hoenn starters are the only group of starters that have had their pokemon all evolved at least once, if not twice, on the main cast. DP comes in second with Infernape and Torterra on Ash's side. And even then, the Piplup line was heavily favored. Piplup with Dawn was obviously shown a lot while Prinplup and Empoleon had their showings with Kenny and Barry.

I don't doubt that the writers have some potential in writing three starters for Ash well. However, I personally don't think there has been anything extremely wrong with Ash getting one or two starters.

Personally, I admit I would rather have Ash get one, maybe two starters. I've been always supportive of Ash getting other pokemon besides starters to fill his type quota. There's something about them being the less obvious choice that I like. Now if Ash rotates, then of course I'll be okay with Ash getting three starters but again for me, I'd prefer if he sticks to the AG or DP way and have a 6 pokemon team. Unlike BW, XY isn't restricted the first time around with just Gen 6 pokemon. If Ash needs to have some reserves, he has some at Oak's.

Again my stance on the starters right now...:break off from Grass, get one of the other two only, Levanny proved Ash is more than capable of not using a grass starter,

But I am content to see thier evolutions and possible dual typings first before passing full judgement, because if Chespin evolves into something intresting i might tolerate it being caught and used, but only if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I would like Kalos to be the first region where Ash doesn't get a grass type starter.
    I agree with that. I enjoyed every one of his Grass Starters, but I believe that that tradition should be broken same with his Fire Starters having a bad past or about to have one.

Usually I would agree that a break from the grass type would be nice, but I actually really want Ash to get Chespin. It just suits him so much and I think it would have a really funny personality and probably get a lot of screen time. Although Froakie kinda suits him too (though not as much as Chespin) I just feel like it would be boring on screen, sort of like Brock's Mudkip was. It's there which is nice but it's not really memorable or overly enjoyable to watch.
    Team 1
    Team 2
    Team 3

Quote Originally Posted by jake279 View Post
    Usually I would agree that a break from the grass type would be nice, but I actually really want Ash to get Chespin. It just suits him so much and I think it would have a really funny personality and probably get a lot of screen time. Although Froakie kinda suits him too (though not as much as Chespin) I just feel like it would be boring on screen, sort of like Brock's Mudkip was. It's there which is nice but it's not really memorable or overly enjoyable to watch.
    What if it is Oshawott 2.0 or Piplup 3.0, I just don't know if I could cope with another screentime thief that refuses to evolve under the false pretense of being strong enough as it is, or because its marketable or 'cute'. If it evolves, then fine. If it won't, let a character who doesn't need to develop their team have it! Ash can't afford to be held back by another childish team or screenhog. Of course, it is only a suspicion that it will go down this route anyway. It might be nothing like Oshawott or Piplup.

One thing is for sure, the writers cannot pull of all three of; rotation, Ash getting all of the starters and the starters being idolised.

Either Ash gets all three starters and they are favoured incredibly, but he doesn't rotate and so the scraps that are left after Pikachu and starters have taken the lion's share of the wins and screentime are divided between only two Pokemon, the bird and the reserve.

OR

Ash gets all the starters, rotates his team (so has more team members) but Pikachu and the starters don't hog most of the wins and screentime.

OR

Ash gets one or possibly two starters, that are favoured and the remaining 3 or 4 slots not permanently occupied by Pikachu and the starters are rotated.

I'd go for option 2 myself, but ideally I'd say he should rotate 7-8 team members fairly, where one or two are starters and are not given most of the attention.

I, for one, cannot stomach another season like this one.

I won't worry too much of Ash gets all the starters, its the stifling of non-starters that is the issue. If the writers won't treat a Pokemon like a valued member of the team, then I'd rather it wasn't caught in the first place! As much as I love Palpitoad...
    Last edited by naughtynun; 14th June 2013 at 11:58 PM.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

To eveyone who doesn't want Ash to have Chespin if it evoles into a super epic pokemon would you still have the same opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by pokechamp95 View Post
    To eveyone who doesn't want Ash to have Chespin if it evoles into a super epic pokemon would you still have the same opinion?
    for me yes as i'm sick of Ash always getting the grass starter.

Yes, because I figure that his Rivals/Recurring Characters will also have Starters so Ash doesn't necessarily have to get them every time.

Unova is a prime example of how giving him all three doesn't always work. They amounted to absolutely nothing.

Chespin just seems like an Ash pokemon, and also gives me the vibe that it will be his powerhouse for the region, I also see him catching a Froakie and finally breaking that water curse (but not fully evolving). I can see Fennekin going to Cilan if he is still around, it has a nice elegance to it, and not being on Ash's team means it can stay in its base form for much longer and remain forever marketable.

I'd love to see Ash get that Fire Lion and have a running gag where it bites him on the head (those always seem to be the funniest to me).

In case if Ash is getting Talonflame then I hope it can evolve further. I want to see Ash with a big regional bird which he can ride. Talonflame's and Unfezant's size are same, they are both small birds. Its about time Ash gets another big bird that he can ride. First they gave him a miniature Noctowl, then Swellow, Starpator and Unfezant. All of them were too small and now this bird is no different. I dunno maybe they are saving Ash-riding-Pidgeot-moment as a classic.

As far as the starters are concerned, I am hoping to see Froakie with Ash. Clauncher can fill the water type spot too. One starter is enough since the whole Ash always get the grass starter pattern is becoming tiresome and I don't wanna see him with a Fennekin.

Well that would depend on how it was treated. If it was treated as another Oshawott/Piplup then its evolved forms wouldn't matter in the slightest and I wouldn't want Ash with it at all. If its treated more like Ashs Hoenn/Sinnoh starters & its got a decent fully evolved form im all for it.

Although as it stands, based just on the base forms, Chespin is what I want him to get least as I don't want him with all 3 and like Chespins design the least

yeah i still say so. I think it would be good to break that tradition of always getting the grass starter. Plus something about it makes me think it will be the girls mascot. A gogoat would be ok as a replacement grass type for Ash.

Who said its even evolving in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Who said its even evolving in the first place?
    Countered by: Who said Ash is even catching Chespin?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I would like Kalos to be the first region where Ash doesn't get a grass type starter.
    Well that depends on what the other Grass type of the 6th gen would be like.

Well personally, i get the feeling that the writers would give Chespin and Froakie to Ash.

The reason is because to me Chespin looks like a pokemon whose main points would be Power and Defense kind of like Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Turtwig & Torkoal where like. While Froakie is the speedy type like Treecko, Snivy, Buizel.

Fennekin is questionable at the moment.

I wouldn't mind how and to whom the writers assign the Starters between Ash & Co. during the XY series. The only thing i would want from the writers is that they don't mess with them too mush by giving them high amount of screen-time and battles while the other pokemons of the group suffer, like in BW saga.

There is a limit to the amount of promotion they can do with the Starters (and Pikachu) after which it just become useless and unnecessary and also starts to hurt the other pokemons with the cast as well.

If only the writers didn't try to over-promote the Starters & Pikachu during the BW saga and utilized that amount for Ash's other pokemon, then the BW series could have been done in a much better way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Well that depends on what the other Grass type of the 6th gen would be like.

Well personally, i get the feeling that the writers would give Chespin and Froakie to Ash.

The reason is because to me Chespin looks like a pokemon whose main points would be Power and Defense kind of like Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Turtwig & Torkoal where like. While Froakie is the speedy type like Treecko, Snivy, Buizel.

Fennekin is questionable at the moment.

I wouldn't mind how and to whom the writers assign the Starters between Ash & Co. during the XY series. The only thing i would want from the writers is that they don't mess with them too mush by giving them high amount of screen-time and battles while the other pokemons of the group suffer, like in BW saga.

There is a limit to the amount of promotion they can do with the Starters (and Pikachu) after which it just become useless and unnecessary and also starts to hurt the other pokemons with the cast as well.

If only the writers didn't try to over-promote the Starters & Pikachu during the BW saga and utilized that amount for Ash's other pokemon, then the BW series could have been done in a much better way.
    If I'm absolutely forced to only choose one starter for Ash, then I have to choose Froakie, I want Fennekin, but Ash has 2 fully evolved fire starters, and Chespin isn't an option because of Sceptile and Torterra.

If Ash could get two, then I nominate Froakie and Fennekin.

But I prefer all three go to Ash. If the other traveling companions have to have the starters then fine, then have Ash show off the evolved versions, while the others settle with just the basic forms. Yeah I know, but it would still be interesting to see two of the same species on the cast just to see how they both are trained differently.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I Mean When you Look at the Past Generations from One to Five.
    Ash Have Captured all The Grass Type Starters : Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, and Snivy.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon1998Ash View Post
    I Mean When you Look at the Past Generations from One to Five.
    Ash Have Captured all The Grass Type Starters : Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, and Snivy.
    That's a tradition that needs to be stopped. Let Cilan or the new girl get Chespin.

If we were guaranteed he would actually evolve his one, then I'd have no problem! I'd still prefer him not to get the grass starter for once, but i wouldn't mind all that much.

Here is a message for Ash, one he can consider when reflecting his dreadful performance in the Unova league:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

It reminds me of Oshawott vs. Hydreigon!
    Last edited by naughtynun; 15th June 2013 at 10:41 PM.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

That's a tradition that needs to be stopped. Let Cilan or the new girl get Chespin.
    Nah don't stop it just make it a tradition with the water and fire ones also.

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    If we were guaranteed he would actually evolve his one, then I'd have no problem! I'd still prefer him not to get the grass starter for once, but i wouldn't mind all that much.

Here is a message for Ash, one he can consider when reflecting his dreadful performance in the Unova league:

So you really wanted to post that comic didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post

Even if Ash was using all evolved pokemon he still would have lost when he did. That's what the writers wanted to happen, after all. Secondly, Oshawott didn't do as badly against Hydreigon as your comic implies.

You must have really wanted to post it, like Pepsi said 8)
    Last edited by Canada; 15th June 2013 at 11:13 PM.

My point still stands, it's unlikely to evolve because its appearance fits the mold of the typical marketable over shown Pokemon. It's bipedal, small and therefore huggable, fits on a persons shoulder with ease, cute, and has hands. Note how practically every Pokemon ash has with neither hands or hand like appendages ended up evolving while just about all of his non evolvers does. Even if its not his, I strongly doubt Chespin will evolve, especially if the form is badass or intimidating.

Quote Originally Posted by duh View Post
    Even if Ash was using all evolved pokemon he still would have lost when he did. That's what the writers wanted to happen, after all. Secondly, Oshawott didn't do as badly against Hydreigon as your comic implies.

You must have really wanted to post it, like Pepsi said 8)
    Yeah Oshawott did better than the evolved Boldore

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    My point still stands, it's unlikely to evolve because its appearance fits the mold of the typical marketable over shown Pokemon. It's bipedal, small and therefore huggable, fits on a persons shoulder with ease, cute, and has hands. Note how practically every Pokemon ash has with neither hands or hand like appendages ended up evolving while just about all of his non evolvers does. Even if its not his, I strongly doubt Chespin will evolve, especially if the form is badass or intimidating.
    Um....Chimchar?

Um....Chimchar?
    Unlikely not impossible and it's storyline would kind of be screwed if it didnt.

Page 628 of 694 FirstFirst ... 528578618624625626627628629630631632638678 ... LastLast