Johto - Chikorita/Bulbasaur -Ground Type
Sinnoh - Gliscor\Torterra\Gible - Ground Type Gliscor\Staravia - Flying Type
Unova - Oshawott\Palpitoad - Water Type Palpitoad\Krokorok - Ground type Snivy\Leavanny - Grass type Pignite\Charizard - Fire type Krookodile\Scraggy - Dark type
P.S. : Not throughout the region.
Edit : Ninja'd, by two days. Epic fail
Last edited by Umbilical Noose; 19th June 2013 at 7:54 PM.
Well at least one can say Ash;s Sinnoh team can literally be owned by an Ice type. Despite that, Froslass did jack.
FF.Net profile: Here!!\
On another note, while I don't think we'll be getting anything for the main cast in Da! I'm hoping for TR to get a new pokemon, maybe James can get a maractus or Ferrothorn before leaving for Kalos.
So, you are saying that having 2 pokemons of the same type makes his team unbalanced.
While you are correct on this point to a certain extent, but its not completely correct. Just because they have similar typing doesn't mean that they work the same way. Eventhough they are of the same type, but still they had some differences between them except in a few cases.
The important factor is how the writers handled each individual pokemons for Ash.
For example, during Johto; Chikorita & Bulbasaur were pretty much the same in almost ever aspect, except in battle experience.
Where as in Sinnoh; Gliscor, Torterra & Gible only shared one factor and that is they were part Ground type, the rest of the aspects where completely different from each other (the same applies for Gliscor & Staraptor as well).
This shows that even if they have similar types, it is the handling factor which is important.
Last edited by Lucario At Service; 19th June 2013 at 9:54 PM.
So let's see, by now let's look at Ash's Pokémon and their moves
- Quick Attack
- Iron Tail
- Electro Ball (I could totally see this getting replaced in XY)
- Wing Attack
- Dragon Tail
- Quick Attack
- Air Cutter
- Aerial Ace
- Hydro Pump
- Aqua Jet
- Razor Shell
- Flame Charge
- Fire Pledge
- Brick Break
- Vine Whip
- Leaf Blade
- Leaf Storm
- Hi Jump Kick
- Focus Blast
- String Shot
- Razor Leaf
- Energy Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Mud Shot
- Sludge Wave
- Rock Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Rock Smash
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Aerial Ace
The ones that feel disappointing to me are Unfezant, Oshawott, Snivy, and Scraggy. I do like how Palpitoad was the "status afflictor" of Ash's team with Posion and Confusion. Lowering Speed would have been nice if they acknowledged that side effect of Mud Shot. Krookodile has the most "complete" moveset in my opinion and Leavanny's was okay after he learned X-Scissor. Charizard's usage of Slash and Wing Attack was weird but I've grown to like it.
Sun & Moon Wishlist
I never understood the writers choices in stapling lousy moves like Vine Whip, Razor Leaf (okay this one isn't bad, but...), Water Gun, and most of the time obligatory Normal move (mostly Quick Attack). Only Treecko and Turtwig have avoid this fate (at least for the grass moves), by technically, so have Pignite and Oshawott somewhat. Treecko because it can't learn either move and Torterra got the Razor Leaf upgrade. Oshawott at least got to ditch Water Gun and Pignite got to lose Tackle...but both have movesets favorable to their starting type, which is bland.
I guess I just don't get why Ash can't have original sets, they just make things look bad when a Pokemon has 3 moves of it's own typing
^ Vine Whip makes sense. Think about it: Snivy could replace it with something else, but she would still have the vines and the ability to use Vine Whip, putting her over the four move limit. Similarly, Oshawott could forget Razor Shell, but it already has the shell to use the move any time. It wouldn't make sense to replace moves like that.
But I can see Oshawott losing Tackle and Snivy Leaf Storm. The other two Pledge moves should have debuted by now, and those moves seem expendable.
Ninfia...that doesn't solve the issue, both pledge moves are still of Oshawott's and Snivy's typing
- A. Quality prevalence.
- B. Usage prevalence.
When thinking about it, as a Fighting-type, HJK, Focus Blast, and then Headbutt and Leer for a hatchling like Scraggy isn't bad, especially if it uses rapid double Focus Blasts, which it can - we've seen it do so (and miss, but since that's been taken care off, it should be possible). The issue is that it was never used in battle. Conclusion for Scraggy:
- Quality prevalence: CHECK
- Usage prevalence: Nope..
Same with quite a few:
- Leavanny: Decent moves, but never really got to show it off much.
- Palpitoad: Decent moves, but never really got to show them off much, aside from the same three move combo a couple of times.
Oshawott finally got the Razor Jet-combo in what would otherwise be a filler, but will likely never use it again.
Hence, there are three groups, well, actually four, in which Ash's pokemon can be split:
Group 1: Quality and Usage prevalence
- 1. Pikachu: Uses good moves on regular basis
- 2. Krookodile: Uses good moves on regular basis: Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Dig = Good moves.
- 3. Boldore: Used good moves on regular basis: Flash Cannon, Stone Edge/Rock Blast, Sandstorm, Rock Smash (in BW it's good)
Group 2: Quality prevalence
- 1. Scraggy: Has good moves for a hatchling, but isn't used to its fullest potential at all.
- 2. Leavanny: Good moves, but the better moves are hardly used.
- 3. Palpitoad: Has good moves, but isn't used enough in order to showcase them well.
Group 3: Usage prevalence
- 1. Pignite: Uses most of his moves regularly, except Brick Break, and there's where the quality of versatility is lacking.
- 2. Oshawott: Uses most of his moves regularly, but none really stand out and there's no diversity in effect.
- 3. Snivy: Uses all her moves regularly, but there's no real versatility - instead she's quite stale and therefore lacks quality in my eyes.
Group 4: None of the above
- 1. Unfezant: She has no standout moves, and she doesn't use her variety of moves often enough. We've seen what she can do in the Mistralton gym, but outside that gym she has done squat with what she's been given.
- Pikachu: Volt Tackle, Thunderbolt - Iron Tail, Quick Attack
- Staraptor: Brave Bird, Aerial Ace - Close Combat, Quick Attack
- Torterra: Leaf Storm, Energy Ball - Rock Climb, Synthesis
- Buizel: Water Gun, Aqua Jet - Ice Punch, Sonic Boom
- Infernape: Flare Blitz, Flamethrower - Mach Punch, Dig
- Gliscor: Sand Attack - Stone Edge, Steel Wing, X-scissor, Fire Fang, Giga Impact, Screech
- Gible: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse - Dig, Rock Smash
No more then two moves of the primary STAB-typing, and all had an additional coverage move/epic move. Granted, Buizel once had three Water-types moves, but quickly forgot Water Pulse.
- Attract = Attract
- Vine Whip --> Wring Out: Wrings out opponents where she previously whipped them.
- Leaf Storm --> Twister: Just an aesthetic change, but gains a good coverage type.
- Leaf Blade --> Grass Pledge: Both are defined as a smack with the tail.
I blame the writers for keeping Snivy stale.
- Water Gun = Hydro Pump: Only good choice.
- Razor Shell --> Razor Shell, or other slashing moves. The Scalchop doesn't need to be solely used for Razor Shell, but also for Night Slash/Air Slash and Fury Cutter for instance.
- Aqua Jet --> Waterfall
- Tackle --> Retaliate/Trump Card/Copycat?
Again, writers keeping Oshawott stale while simple "Razor Leaf -> Leaf Storm''-power ups were readily available..
Some decisions they make are because it's better from a storytelling perspective. I guess for the mascot Pokemon that will likely not be Oaked for extended periods functionality of their movesets are more important than strength. So we see things like Vine Whip being used to catch things or hold objects outside of battle, Razor Leaf cutting nets and / or balloons, and used to get a Water Pokemon Fireman Squad episode every season to illustrate how Water Gun could actually be helpful in an emergency situation.I never understood the writers choices in stapling lousy moves like Vine Whip, Razor Leaf (okay this one isn't bad, but...), Water Gun, and most of the time obligatory Normal move (mostly Quick Attack).
They got away with it in Diamond and Pearl I imagine because they didn't have as many truly filler episodes that required unconventional use of attacks.
I know ash failed to get dunsparce but that doesn't mean he won't get another chance i mean dawn failed to get buneary twice so I hope if there's an evo for dunsparce i hope ash catches it.
Omega Ruby Team
I'm actually thinking if Dunsparce is very relevant to 6th generation, it's not going to happen until 6th generation.
I've basically given up on believing Decolora Adventures is going to produce any main character team change. But I guess that's what happens when the filler saga, truly is filler.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIV...iwVdSiQ/videos
All I'm hoping for now is a last round of hoora's for the reserves.
- Leavanny, Krookodile and Scraggy have appeared in Da.
- Palpitoad and Boldore might still get their last moments.
- Unfezant might have to get a special moment when they reach Oak's, as I don't see it appearing in the archipelago.
I mean between Pikachu, Charizard and the Unova starters, it's hard to get that sixth slot rotated you know! xD
A part in me wants to see a team of Pikachu, Charizard, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore and Krookodile kick some butt before the end of Decolora.. But I doubt we'll ever get it.
Ash with most of his fully evolved Unova team. Excluding Unfezant because it's not here anymore.
As for that Fiarrow moveset I've been hearing discussion about.. We have to take into account that it will have to be a Fletchling before it evolves, so it will have those sucky moves as well, and would keep those sucky moves if it doesn't got the Staraptor route, Unfezant has proven that even with a decent movepool, you don't always get the good moves: Air Slash, no! Razor Wind, no! Sky Attack, no! It's strongest move is base 60! :S So yeah, only if we get a DP-style team development, will I see Talonflame being any good.
- Quick Attack
- Flame Charge
- Aerial Ace
- Brave Bird
- Aerial Ace
- Flame Charge
- Blaze Kick/Close Combat/HJK
It might be able to getthere, but that's two new moves upon evolution. Unfezant only got Aerial Ace upon evolution.. And this is IF Fiarrow gets Aerial Ace, as a Fletchling.
Edit, I personally like Fiarrow more. Ya means arrow in Japanese, hence why I think why the Japanese Yayakoma and Fiarrow have better consistency. Fletchling comes in part from fletching, which are the flights on the end of an arrow, again referencing arrows, something that 'Talonflame' just doesn't. Hence why I use Fletchling and Fiarrow, as opposed to Yayakoma and Fiarrow. Perhaps a bit of inconsistency on my part, but I don't want to be seen as a Japanese purist, certainly not when we're getting an international release. In a sense, I like the German names most at this point: Dartiri and Fiaro.
Last edited by Locormus; 20th June 2013 at 4:47 PM.
Last edited by Pokemon1998Ash; 20th June 2013 at 4:50 PM.
Firstly clauncher sure it's very similar to corphish but hopefully it has some options that may make it different.
Secondly i agree with you on the move quality assessment for the most part but i don't think buizel had that good of a movepool. Sonicboom should've been replaced(possibly for razor wind)and it had water gun a move tthat should've been replaced.
Thirdly on snivy, vine whip could be replaced by giga drain. You could use the streams of energy(don't know how to describe) for similar purposes look at when torterra held down garchomp. Leaf storm to me seems to be the right move for it's power. I would suggest leafblade being replaced by either aqua tail or iron tail. Both would work.
forthly on oshawottt hdyro pump was a good swap.But there were other options like water pledge and scald(my preference)Razor shell is kinda a signature move for it so thats always going to stay.But I agree with you on aqua jet could've been upgraded to waterfall.
Meaning that since July looks like the following:
- 11th: Movie/Special
- 18th: Alexa
- 25th: Treasure Chest
- August 1st: BREAK - We're bound to get one for the Movie reairing and mewtwo special, it doesn't have to be August 1st, could be later.
- August 8th: ?Emolga/TR?
- August 15th: ?Claire and Druddigon? - Does not have to air on August 15th, could be later to be Iris' closure/way out.
- August 22nd: ?Striaton Triplets?- Shown in the opening so likely will appear one final time, doesn't need to air on August 22nd, could be later as Cilan's way out/closure.
- August 29th:
- September 5th:
- September 12th:
- September 19th:
- September 26th:
- October 3rd: SAYANORA, probably the last episode.
That leaves five episodes. The Junior Cup lasted three episodes, but I doubt anybody would want something rushed like that again. So it really depends on what you want to cut, and if you actually want to believe in it (I don't, I've given up hope):
- A. Have a 4 episode tournament, and two Pallet Town episodes, including Sayanora, and hope that there will be no more fillers outside of the ones we know.
- B. Have a tournament, and acknowledge that we'll not get two Pallet Town episodes as we'll likely get a regular filler in between.
- C. Acknowledge that a tournament can happen, but could very well end up being rushed, have a filler, and two Pallet Town episodes.
- D. Acknowledge that a tournament can happen, but could very well end up being rushed, have a few fillers, and only a single Pallet Town episode (Sayanora).
Eitherway, with realistically speaking having only 5 episodes left. There aren't that many options. We have 10 thursdays left until XY likely starts. However, we have five likely headings left, including the Striation triplets and the break.
What I can end up seeing however, or rather imagining, is the following:
A tournament arc, including the likes off:
- 1. Ash
- 2. Iris
- 3. Cilan
- 4. Cress
- 5. Chili
- 6. Burgundy
- 7. Trip
- 8. Cameron
- 9. Georgia
- 10. Bianca
- 11. Stephan
It could go something like:
- Ash vs. Cameron: Ash - Charizard vs. Lucario
- Cilan vs. Cress: Cilan - Stunfisk vs. Simipour
- Iris vs Jimmy Ray: Iris - Axew vs. Watchog
- Georgia vs. Chili: Georgia - Vanilluxe vs. Simisear.
- Bianca vs. Katharine: Bianca - Escavalier vs. Gothitelle
- Burgundy vs. Random: Burgundy - Dewott
- Trip vs. Stephan: Trip - Serperior vs. Zebstrika/Sawk
- Dino vs. Random: Dino - Something awesome.
- Ash vs. Bianca: Ash - Palpitoad vs. Emboar
- Iris vs. Georgia: Iris - Dragonite vs. Beartic
- Trip vs. Dino: Trip - Chandelure vs. Druddigon
- Cilan vs. Burgundy: Burgundy - Pansage vs. Samurott
- Ash vs. Trip: Ash - Boldore vs. Conkeldurr
- Iris vs. Burgundy: Iris - Excadrill vs. Samurott
- Ash vs. Iris: Ash - Scrafty vs. Fraxure
This would be four episodes, but take off the Striaton Triplets episode.
It could happen like this:
0. - Treasure Chest episode
1. - Emolga and Team Rocket
2. - Doncolora Battle p1: Ship with all friends arrive after having received the memo from Bianca that Ash and co had left, tournament starts.
3. - Doncolora Battle p2: First round concludes, second round starts.
4. - Doncolora Battle p3: Second round concludes and third round starts.
5. - Doncolora Battle p4: Third round and finals.
6. - Filler: I mean what else? It's not as if they barely touched upon half of the content from the games.. Sarcasm/end
7. - Claire and Druddigon
8. - Pallet Town
9. - Sayanora
10. Obligatory break that would have to be forced into the timeline somewhere..
Last edited by Locormus; 20th June 2013 at 5:59 PM.
1. Treasure Chest Episode (7/25)
2. Emolga & Team Rocket (8/1)
3. Break (8/8)
4. Clair (8/15)
5. Striaton Triplets (8/22)
6. Fuschia City Tournament / Arrival to Kanto / Bianca, Georgia & Burgundy waiting for them. Janine debut. -Top 16- (8/29)
7. - Top 8- (9/5)
8. -Top 4- (9/12)
9. -Finals- / Leave on a boat to Pallet Town (9/29)
10. Pallet Town / Misty/Brock, or Gary are there. Team Rocket attacks
11. Sayonara. Iris heads to Blackthorn City, Cilan goes to Striaton Gym
so the brothers can decide to close it like after BW.
Sun & Moon Wishlist
I like your prediction @_Taidow_ !
I thing could only make it better and that is Leaf finally appearing. If there is a league rival Ash will face I hope it's Ritchie.
I really hope Axew will evolve till the geberation ends.
My Final B2-normal mode- team: