Page 632 of 694 FirstFirst ... 532582622628629630631632633634635636642682 ... LastLast
Results 15,776 to 15,800 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    I like your prediction @_Taidow_ !

I thing could only make it better and that is Leaf finally appearing. If there is a league rival Ash will face I hope it's Ritchie.

I really hope Axew will evolve till the geberation ends.
    Half the predictions I see here are better than what we get. At least vodor used to make me feel that the writers are better.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

I wonder if the girl with all the gen 6 pokemon will have any revealed on the show first before seen in any previews.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    I wonder if the girl with all the gen 6 pokemon will have any revealed on the show first before seen in any previews.
    I doubt it. She's already revealed to have 3. I think that will be her limit. I don't see the writers giving her to many as there wouldn't be enough time to properly showcase them

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Corrected that for you.

So, you are saying that having 2 pokemons of the same type makes his team unbalanced.

While you are correct on this point to a certain extent, but its not completely correct. Just because they have similar typing doesn't mean that they work the same way. Eventhough they are of the same type, but still they had some differences between them except in a few cases.

The important factor is how the writers handled each individual pokemons for Ash.

For example, during Johto; Chikorita & Bulbasaur were pretty much the same in almost ever aspect, except in battle experience.

Where as in Sinnoh; Gliscor, Torterra & Gible only shared one factor and that is they were part Ground type, the rest of the aspects where completely different from each other (the same applies for Gliscor & Staraptor as well).

This shows that even if they have similar types, it is the handling factor which is important.
    Actually both of you are wrong right.

In your defense I would say that type overlapping don't mean a thing as long as Pokemon fight differently. For example Pignite and Charizard are both fire types but they fight in a totally different manner. While Pignite fights on the ground, Charizard is more of a aerial fighter.

What Almightyzard meant was that having no type overlap means variance in the battle. New strategies and new battling styles. For example a regular steel type might fight defensively while a regular Fire type would fight offensively.

Like I said you are both correct. My previous post on this thread was useless, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    What Almightyzard meant was that having no type overlap means variance in the battle. New strategies and new battling styles. For example a regular steel type might fight defensively while a regular Fire type would fight offensively.
    If this was the point of view that he wanted to convey, then i would be ok with it.

But the way he presented his post, it felt like he was saying that having too many pokemons is bad. I mean he was saying that Hoenn team was the truly balanced one where he had pokemon of the Electric, Grass, Water, Fire, Flying & Ice types.

But if we take, your point of view, then his Sinnoh team would be the best considering that he used his reserves as well during the Sinnoh League, which meant he had access to more type of pokemons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    If this was the point of view that he wanted to convey, then i would be ok with it.

But the way he presented his post, it felt like he was saying that having too many pokemons is bad. I mean he was saying that Hoenn team was the truly balanced one where he had pokemon of the Electric, Grass, Water, Fire, Flying & Ice types.

But if we take, your point of view, then his Sinnoh team would be the best considering that he used his reserves as well during the Sinnoh League, which meant he had access to more type of pokemons.
    His sinnoh team was the best, it only had one more pokemon, but was way more balanced and stronger overall. What is wrong with ash having pikachu plus six other new pokemon, as long as a few maybe are multityped?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I'm going to give it another try.

I want Ash to catch all 3 starter Pokemon, not only 'cause I like all of them but I see this set of starters with the most potential. I can at least see Chespin and Froakie reaching their final evolutionary forms while with Fennekin at second stage.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    I'm going to give it another try.

I want Ash to catch all 3 starter Pokemon, not only 'cause I like all of them but I see this set of starters with the most potential. I can at least see Chespin and Froakie reaching their final evolutionary forms while with Fennekin at second stage.
    I wouldn't mind Ash getting all the starters but one of the others should get Chespin. It looks too marketable to evolve

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I wouldn't mind Ash getting all the starters but one of the others should get Chespin. It looks too marketable to evolve
    Really? It reminds me of Treecko. Sure, it does look like Oshawott too but I happen to find Oshawott really funny anyway. Plus, if it does get too marketable to evolve then it only just increases the chances for Fennekin and Froakie to.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    Really? It reminds me of Treecko. Sure, it does look like Oshawott too but I happen to find Oshawott really funny anyway. Plus, if it does get too marketable to evolve then it only just increases the chances for Fennekin and Froakie to.
    Or they could just pull a Johto and only evolve the least mobile pokemon 1 stage.

Froakie definitely looks the closest to treeko of all three, and I think it will be kind of similar in personality if ash catches it. Plus it is the least marketable of three first form starters, Also like treecko, so it has the best chance of evolving.....which is pretty much the first time for a water starter.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Froakie definitely looks the closest to treeko of all three, and I think it will be kind of similar in personality if ash catches it. Plus it is the least marketable of three first form starters, Also like treecko, so it has the best chance of evolving.....which is pretty much the first time for a water starter.
    So was Oshawott and suddenly that thing got charismatic as hell because of the anime and BOOM no evolution for you! Who knows this time around... so far any of us can tell for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Frogs are popular in Japan.....(Yeah, not sure if it's a fact.) I am giving this opinion based on various anime and their references to frogs/ the involvement of frogs in the plot one way or the other. (See Naruto for example.) So, if Froakie's evolution ends up totally different, it's not a stretch to say that Froakie will be slightly marketable than we imagine.

Then again, my knowledge of Japan comes from anime. Which means it's HIGHLY unreliable.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 22nd June 2013 at 6:06 PM.

<--My tumblr

\

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Frogs are popular in Japan.....(Yeah, not a fact.) I
    It is a fact. If what I have read is accurate there a symbol of good luck and so are common pets in Japan.

Now if that's true it wouldn't surprise me to see Froakie marketed quite heavily

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    It is a fact. If what I have read is accurate there a symbol of good luck and so are common pets in Japan.

Now if that's true it wouldn't surprise me to see Froakie marketed quite heavily
    Ah thank you. When I said it's not a fact...I mean I am not sure! :3

<--My tumblr

\

Frogs are popular in Japan
    Frogs might be popular but I know two things that are more popular than frogs, Foxes and Round face starters.

Frogs might be popular but I know two things that are more popular than frogs, Foxes and Round face starters.
    That's not a counter-argument. It only means we are stuck with all these three.

<--My tumblr

\

That's not a counter-argument. It only means we are stuck with all these three.
    I was expecting a more of a 'you said it bro' reply but this one work too. I am just hoping that these three would not end up becoming marketing tools like Piplup and Oshawott. For the first time in a while all three starters are marketable. Hope they won't overdo it.

I was expecting a more of a 'you said it bro' reply but this one work too. I am just hoping that these three would not end up becoming marketing tools like Piplup and Oshawott. For the first time in a while all three starters are marketable. Hope they won't overdo it.
    Ah sorry LOL. I thought you were contradicting or something. Eh:P I hope they learnt their lesson after DP. Yess we like starters, but we also evolve them ingame and become attached to them. So in the latter stages, it's good to advertise the evolved forms. I am unable to find a good reasoning behind them not evolving the starters (Excluding Oshawott.) Considering how they entertained us with 2 evolutions in DP and his only starter to fully evolve in AG, I am not sure why the overdo things with BW. There are millions of things I can't understand in BW.

<--My tumblr

\

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    I hope ash doesn't get all 3 starters again just one! Fenniken
    and he gets other pokemon throughout the region to fill out his slots

that new dragon looks cool but I doubt ash will get it
    I would actually like it if Ash had all three again. I just would hate if they kept them unevolved again. Though I'm sure Fennekin will be the marketable starter next generation.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

I don't expect froakie to evolve. It's more of a tododile than a mijumaru but the chances of evolving are still slim to none IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I don't expect froakie to evolve. It's more of a tododile than a mijumaru but the chances of evolving are still slim to none IMO.

You don't even know what the evolutions look like or what kind of personality it will have and you're already saying it won't evolve.

I think I have finally seen it all now.

I hope that Froakie evolves if Ash gets one. I do not want another water mascot shoved into every scene just for the sake of selling toys - it's annoying and it made me hate Ash's Oshawott.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Where do you get off that it looks like anything from before? I mean, it doesn't literally look like totodile at all, And I don't get how it could in any other way.

It is so far the least marketable of the three starters, and the least marketable besides in kanto has always evolved at least once.

Named Admiral Sentret

Page 632 of 694 FirstFirst ... 532582622628629630631632633634635636642682 ... LastLast