Page 633 of 694 FirstFirst ... 533583623629630631632633634635636637643683 ... LastLast
Results 15,801 to 15,825 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Where do you get off that it looks like anything from before? I mean, it doesn't literally look like totodile at all, And I don't get how it could in any other way.

It is so far the least marketable of the three starters, and the least marketable besides in kanto has always evolved at least once.
    and where do you get off saying its the least marketable? Got any evidence that is the case?

Froakie definitely looks the closest to treeko of all three, and I think it will be kind of similar in personality if ash catches it. Plus it is the least marketable of three first form starters, Also like treecko, so it has the best chance of evolving.....which is pretty much the first time for a water starter.
    Where do you get off that it looks like anything from before? I mean, it doesn't literally look like totodile at all, And I don't get how it could in any other way.

It is so far the least marketable of the three starters, and the least marketable besides in kanto has always evolved at least once.
    Do you like to repeat the same point everyday while ignoring the replies that came the previous day? :O

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    You don't even know what the evolutions look like or what kind of personality it will have and you're already saying it won't evolve.

I think I have finally seen it all now.
    I mean it doesn't look all that cute, but I still doubt it will evolve because it is bipedal and has hands. Sure they can evolve, but the odds are much reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I mean it doesn't look all that cute, but I still doubt it will evolve because it is bipedal and has hands. Sure they can evolve, but the odds are much reduced.
    Chimchar and treecko both were bipedal with hands and evolved.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

The abandoned fire starters always evolve

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    The abandoned fire starters always evolve
    Alright, and the least marketable pokemon has also always evolved besides kanto. Chespin is as cutsey and marketable as there has ever been for a starter, And fennekin is a fire fox, it will be eaten up by japan. There is nothing in froakie to keep it marketable, And nothing else would hold it back from evolving.

Named Admiral Sentret

Chespin is as cutsey and marketable as there has ever been for a starter,
    Your opinion. You don't know if it will be the most marketable.
    And fennekin is a fire fox, it will be eaten up by japan.
    We'll see.

There is nothing in froakie to keep it marketable, And nothing else would hold it back from evolving.
    And explain how you would know this?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    that's just a goofy reason for Froakie to not evolve. neither you or the other guy know the odds of the XY starters evolving. isnt this thread for unova teams anyway?
    Last edited by Canada; 23rd June 2013 at 7:09 PM.

They can evolve, but as you can see the vast majority of Ash's base form for life club are small, can stand upright, and eat with their hands/claws etc. So I'm not really looking into evolutions for anyone except maybe 1 stage for Fennekin.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 23rd June 2013 at 6:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duh View Post
    Your opinion. You don't know if it will be the most marketable. We'll see.

And explain how you would know this?

i know youre trolling dude, but that's just a goofy reason for Froakie to not evolve. neither you or the other guy know the odds of the XY starters evolving. isnt this thread for unova teams anyway?
    Nope, not trolling in any way at all, giving my opinion....unless that is considered trolling now too. And this is the spot for unova teams, but there hasn't been a unova team change in almost a year and probably won't be one again, So there is nothing else to talk about.

Named Admiral Sentret

Nope, not trolling in any way at all, giving my opinion....unless that is considered trolling now too. And this is the spot for unova teams, but there hasn't been a unova team change in almost a year and probably won't be one again, So there is nothing else to talk about.
    He was talking to squared not you.

Is there any chance that the reason Ash's Unova team is not very developed 'cause he's taking them to Kalos with him?

Well, I think he'll use them in the Kalos League at least.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    Is there any chance that the reason Ash's Unova team is not very developed 'cause he's taking them to Kalos with him?

Since Torterra got screwed over, I can't see Leavanny, Oshawott, Unfezant, Boldore, Snivy, and Palpitoad making up for their failures in the Kalos region.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post

They won't waste the chance at marketing their shiny brand new gen 6 pokemon just to have gen 5 ones that won't really develop more anyway.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Since Torterra got screwed over, I can't see Leavanny, Oshawott, Unfezant, Boldore, Snivy, and Palpitoad making up for their failures in the Kalos region.
    i doubt it unless the kalos league ends up being like sinnoh where he uses a far larger pool of pokemon. Though to be fair leavanny, snivy even palpitoad got a decent battle which considering how bad the league was is some form of remediation.
    Last edited by Luthor; 23rd June 2013 at 10:49 PM.

They won't waste the chance at marketing their shiny brand new gen 6 pokemon just to have gen 5 ones that won't really develop more anyway.
    Point proven in Johto, partially. If they do get taken to Kalos, then they will get ditched either way. No dice, no gimmicks. They had three years to develop the vast majority of Ash's team, and they barely gave each a full movepool.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    i doubt it unless the kalos league ends up being like sinnoh where he uses a far larger pool of pokemon. Though to be fair leavanny, snivy even palpitoad got a decent battle which considering how bad the league was is some form of remediation.
    Leavanny lost, Palpitoad tied, and Snivy lost as well. Remediation is something entirely different from the kind of redemption I think you're talking about. Otherwise, I'd like to discuss the discourse of remediation that Bolter and Grusin discuss on my profile. Never hurts to chat with another actual media scholar.. :P

That's like saying that Torterra got redemption in the Paul battle, because it did have a good match-up against Drapion. It still lost. Leavanny - while even showcasing an ability - was the crux in the battle against Stephan that made Krookodile able to 1HKO Sawk's remaining HP. Palpitoad barely tied against a species that he's been up against once already. Snivy was good against Riolu but the lasting memory will be that it was tossed around as a rag doll by Lucario. Point taken: Just as bad as Torterra.

And yes people, I officially can claim that I'm a media scholar. I got my university degree today.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

As much as I love Froakie going to Ash I bet the writers will slap some quirky charm on it like Scraggy and Croagunk to keep it from evolving.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post

Leavanny lost, Palpitoad tied, and Snivy lost as well. Remediation is something entirely different from the kind of redemption I think you're talking about. Otherwise, I'd like to discuss the discourse of remediation that Bolter and Grusin discuss on my profile. Never hurts to chat with another actual media scholar.. :P

That's like saying that Torterra got redemption in the Paul battle, because it did have a good match-up against Drapion. It still lost. Leavanny - while even showcasing an ability - was the crux in the battle against Stephan that made Krookodile able to 1HKO Sawk's remaining HP. Palpitoad barely tied against a species that he's been up against once already. Snivy was good against Riolu but the lasting memory will be that it was tossed around as a rag doll by Lucario. Point taken: Just as bad as Torterra.

And yes people, I officially can claim that I'm a media scholar. I got my university degree today.
    it's very different to Torterra in Firstly remember the fact that it can beat one member of a species is in no way problematic that it can't beat another easily. Remember the one stephen used seemed to have been given moves with the express foreknowlege of palpitoad (stephen saw it at the don battle) when it battled elesa she had her zebstrika couldn't battle anywhere near it's full potential because it had one moveslots taken by wild charge and flame charge plus ash accidentally helped it to do massive damage. Facade was probably quite a shock. Leavanny got a loss but in truth I think really it takes a lot of the credit for beating Sawk which has been shown to be a massive powerhouse. it got a good battle and considering how bad the league was getting a decent battle even at a loss is something. Snivy was able to have a proper battle with riolu without it's evolution riolu could well have lost at that point My enduring memory for snivy is before riolu's evo not after at least that showed her potentiel. Now in all three cases at most other leagues I would agree with you but considering how dire that league was small boosts like that are at least something. Torterra got bad treatment but I wouldn't say it even got a decent battle.Unlike the other three it lost in the same way it had lost before. Oh an btw I was using remediation in the term the action of remedying something which is a term I have to use when reffering to the correction of biological or chemical processes. (plus I did say some form which I thought implied it was only a partial correction)

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    and where do you get off saying its the least marketable? Got any evidence that is the case?
    On multiple polls Fennekin and Chespin have a lot more votes than Froakie, if that makes any difference.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

About marketability determining whether a Pokemon evolves or not I remember when the Unova starters were first revealed a lot of people thought Oshawott was ugly and the least marketable of the three starters but then it grew on people. The same thing is going on with Froakie it doesn't appear to be marketable but the writers can easily make it cutesy if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    On multiple polls Fennekin and Chespin have a lot more votes than Froakie, if that makes any difference.
    Japanese polls?

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Japanese polls?
    It doesn't matter, there can't be any poll saying which of the 3 starter's merchandise are you going to get if there's little to no toys out. Anyway, you'll have to wait and see the merchandises advertisement to tell if it's marketable or not.

Either way I'm getting all 3 starter plushies again.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    About marketability determining whether a Pokemon evolves or not I remember when the Unova starters were first revealed a lot of people thought Oshawott was ugly and the least marketable of the three starters but then it grew on people. The same thing is going on with Froakie it doesn't appear to be marketable but the writers can easily make it cutesy if they wanted to.
    The difference is that oshawott still had the really cutsey look to it, with the black dot-white pupil eyes And similar overall to piplup. Froakie is just designed not be really cute looking, more of tepig, teeecko, turtwig of last gens.

Named Admiral Sentret

As much as I love Froakie going to Ash I bet the writers will slap some quirky charm on it like Scraggy and Croagunk to keep it from evolving.
    well if it was ash's only starter of the gen then like treeko they might use it as a powerhouse for Ash that needs to evolve. Especially if they use the 'cuter ones' as the female's mascot.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm surprised your even saying they won't make up their failures...normally I'd figure you'd say why would Ash even use any of them when he has Pokemon like Sceptile/Torterra, Swellow/Staraptor, and other already proven and evolved Pokemon (besides Water types) back at the lab.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

You can't really compare Oshawott to Froakie or vice versa imo. I mean we're talking about a Pokemon that was already cute (Oshawott) and a Pokemon that's more strange than cute (Froakie). I mean there's a reason Froakie is the least-popular Starter from Gen 6: most people just don't find it cute or appealing in that way. It's interesting to look at, but even if the writers give it all the personality in the world, unless kids find it physically appealing, they're not going to buy as much of its merchandise and Froakie will likely evolve just like Tepig did when it became the least-popular Gen 5 starter. There's a trend when it comes to marketability and it's been apparent for quite a while in my opinion.

Page 633 of 694 FirstFirst ... 533583623629630631632633634635636637643683 ... LastLast