Page 634 of 694 FirstFirst ... 534584624630631632633634635636637638644684 ... LastLast
Results 15,826 to 15,850 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

I think it is too early for us to talk about popularity. We should wait until GF plays their ace card. Popularity of a Pokemon is defined by GF not the fans. We don't have any say in this, they know how to make people like some Pokemon and obviously they will do it again.

As far as popularity based on species go, Froakie and Fennekin are already golden. Japanese kids love frogs and foxes. Every frog based Pokemon(evolution family) made it to the main cast so far. Now the starter is a frog which makes it even more likely to end up as a mascot.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    I think it is too early for us to talk about popularity. We should wait until GF plays their ace card. Popularity of a Pokemon is defined by GF not the fans. We don't have any say in this, they know how to make people like some Pokemon and obviously they will do it again.

As far as popularity based on species go, Froakie and Fennekin are already golden. Japanese kids love frogs and foxes. Every frog based Pokemon(evolution family) made it to the main cast so far. Now the starter is a frog which makes it even more likely to end up as a mascot.
    Yet ironically the frog pokemon that was in the main cast this gen was by far the least shown out of any main cast pokemon.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    We should wait until GF plays their ace card.
    What would be Gamefreak's ace card? I was under the impression that they had nothing to do with the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Yet ironically the frog pokemon that was in the main cast this gen was by far the least shown out of any main cast pokemon.
    Truth tea. I don't know where this "frog Pokemon are popular" idea came from when Ash's very own Palpitoad suffered almost nine months of neglect. Imo Froakie isn't looking too good at the moment although to be honest, I'd rather see Ash with a Froakie than with Chespin. Give the latter to Serena or whatever her English name is this week.

I think that Froakie will be the least popular of the starters. If i have to do a prediction, I see this:

Boys:
    Chespin 50%
    Fennekin 35%
    Froakie 15%

Girls:
    Fennekin 55%
    Chespin 30%
    Froakie 15%

Chespin wins because there are morer Pokemon boys than Pokemon girls.
    Froakie could be even less popular if we have interfering "water starters".

Because I see Oshawott (and not any other Unova Pokemon) staying with Ash's team for Gen VI only because he is very marketable.

We should expect a co-star right now. 'If Ash is the main star, Ash will have many marketable pokemon... who won'0t evolve. Sorry, but the final forms aren't popular like the first forms are with several exceptions.

========================

Also, regarding Best Wishes and although I now that it won't happen in July, I wondered (I actually will be happy if that's true) some combinations of things.
    Actually the merchandise is covered with excusively movie pokemon.

There's very few exceptions. One of them is the "I Love Series" of the toy company "Banpresto".

Banpresto is expect to release I love Marine in September. I it, two pokemon gives me the attention; Piplup and Manaphy.
    -The thing with Manaphy is that a party of it she has a common C-Gear with Jirachi who appears this Thursday.
    -If Manaphy is confirmed to appear in the anime, Piplup is the next pokemon to expect in the anime.
    Because the latter could promote a event but I wonder who the former promotes... unless if it's the anime through Dawn's Piplup.

There are two things that caught me the attention several months ago:
    -The Emolga and TR episode being so late intot he series. If they were earlier I say that it will be a temporary thing and a development episode.
    And Emolga being in Dawn's arm and not in Iris' arm. It's strange even if means nothing.

And after that, there'0s I love Gothic with Croagunk in it. Which means Brock could be in it.

Given that the Clair episode pokemon are promoted in the July set (who is for August) I start to suspect that the main cast could be overpopulated:

-Ash/Satoshi
    -Iris/Iris
    -Cilan/Dent
    -Brock/Takeshi
    -Dawn/Hikari
    -Professor Oak/Dr. Ookido
    -Tracey/Kenji
    -Alexa/Pansy
    -Clair/Ibuki

Too much populated? What if Iris and Cilan are cut off the show before that? I don't want that because although Cilan is boring in Season 2 and Iris isn't my cup of tea many people will be angry that some main charactetr left before time, specially if they are his favourite.

I made this Cast Speculation more because I know that Pokemon Fan is near to us. And with possibly new information.

Personally, I think that I'm too confused about what character will be join the main cast and ven how the main cast will be structure. Merchandise (from specially Banpresto) and the promotion of the games (specially the Axew horde (although I think that Axew is unpopular) and the multiple friends of the XY games) coinfuse me and gives me something clear.

I'm clear
    -Ash and Pikachu will be on it.
    -Tesam Rocket are highly likely to be in them.
    -Iris and Cilan will leave at first. They will leave because the writers are deciding the main charactert in that episode production. They could return later.
    For the rest... I'm confused.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 24th June 2013 at 9:23 PM.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I'm surprised your even saying they won't make up their failures.
    I don't recall ever having that mindset that you are attributing me. Considering that I'm against the neglect of Pokemon. And would rather see Palpitoad showing up in a battle than seeing stupid Pikachu, or even Charizard.

I mean I like Charizard, but Palpitoad needs more screentime, and battles.

Besides I'm waiting for my Kingler vs Entei (Kingler wins), as well as Torterra vs Terrakion (Torterra wins).

I don't really care about seeing Sceptile again or Snorlax when there's Pokemon Ash has that need the wins more.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't recall ever having that mindset that you are attributing me. Considering that I'm against the neglect of Pokemon. And would rather see Palpitoad showing up in a battle than seeing stupid Pikachu, or even Charizard.

I mean I like Charizard, but Palpitoad needs more screentime, and battles.

Besides I'm waiting for my Kingler vs Entei (Kingler wins), as well as Torterra vs Terrakion (Torterra wins).

I don't really care about seeing Sceptile again or Snorlax when there's Pokemon Ash has that need the wins more.
    Sorry if I falsely accused you :C

I honestly can't remember everything, but I thought way back when (and I mean before BW ever started up) that you said something along the line of why Ash would use unevolved Pokemon when he's got stronger ones that could help him out.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I think that Froakie will be the least popular of the starters. If i have to do a prediction, I see this:

Boys:
    Chespin 50%
    Fennekin 35%
    Froakie 15%
    I disagree completely about Chespin. It seems evident from this poll that Fennekin is the most popular Gen 6 Starter. And no it's not an official poll, but it seems pretty accurate; note that there are more males than females on this site, so that sort of proves that despite looking more feminine than other Starters, Fennekin is still very popular with males.

Because I see Oshawott (and not any other Unova Pokemon) staying with Ash's team for Gen VI only because he is very marketable.
    Thank you for spilling fresh tea. I agree whole-heartedly: Oshagod has the highest chance of staying for the X & Y saga.

I don't see why Froakie is unpopular sure it's not the cutest out of the three but who cares I still like it. Froakie will definitely grow on the fans eventually people are forgetting that Oshawott was the least popular Unova starter and fan art made it quite apparent until it grew on fans now he's probably the most popular Unova starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Sorry if I falsely accused you :C

I honestly can't remember everything, but I thought way back when (and I mean before BW ever started up) that you said something along the line of why Ash would use unevolved Pokemon when he's got stronger ones that could help him out.
    No, sorry, that doesn't sound like me, since I always argue that Ash should stay on the main cast for the main reason of being able to catch new generation Pokemon, claiming it unfair that Ash isn't going to catch new generation Pokemon if he were to be replaced.

Can't get new generation Pokemon if he's stuck with the ones he's already got.

I mean if I said anything about this subject, it's something along the lines, of being disappointed about Pokemon being neglected and left for dead at Oak's lab to never really be seen again, while Ash is just getting new Pokemon to neglect, but if anything that was more of a criticism of Ash overusing Pikachu. I mean why overuse a Pokemon that's going to be in every episode, when there are Pokemon who need to develop?

Marketability does not apply in the issue, because the subject is always going to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I disagree completely about Chespin. It seems evident from this poll that Fennekin is the most popular Gen 6 Starter. And no it's not an official poll, but it seems pretty accurate; note that there are more males than females on this site, so that sort of proves that despite looking more feminine than other Starters, Fennekin is still very popular with males.
    Like me, I love Fennekin, followed by Froakie and then finally Chespin.

I honestly don't know why people don't like Froakie. Maybe a younger sibling or slightly older sibling or a child (or some other person) shoved a frog in their faces, for the sole purposes of freaking them out.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 24th June 2013 at 11:32 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Thank you for spilling fresh tea. I agree whole-heartedly: Oshagod has the highest chance of staying for the X & Y saga.
    OR maybe all the girls voted for fennekin while the guys were split.

You're crazy sister I don't think any of Ash's Unova Pokemon should tag along with him to Kalos and if one did it would probably be Scraggy he only got one decent battle against Vanillish.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    You're crazy sister I don't think any of Ash's Unova Pokemon should tag along with him to Kalos and if one did it would probably be Scraggy he only got one decent battle against Vanillish.
    Ash threw away his chances of winning the clubsplosion by only using scraggy, of course he couldn't have beaten Montgomery with any of his unova pokes but it still was painful to see him take a tournament so lightky, Either way that was much more than what Leavanny, Unfezant, Boldore, Krookodile, Pignite, and palpitoad ever got. So I doubt Scraggy will make it to Kalos, he also doesn't seem to be the evolving kind especially since Scrafty is often associated with gang members.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 25th June 2013 at 1:53 AM.

I'd rather none of Ash's Unova team go to Kalos with him. The only exception would be if it was a new capture

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I'd rather none of Ash's Unova team go to Kalos with him. The only exception would be if it was a new capture
    What about split evolutions?

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    What about split evolutions?
    I'd be okay with that. Especially Palpitoad

Why do people think palpitoad will get a split evolution?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Probably because he's the Poliwag expy.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Marketability is more important than development in my opinion. I'm sure the writers agree too since they're the ones who benefit from giving Oshawott lots of screen-time.

Imo, I think people just want some redemption for my good sis Palpitoad because as I pointed out before, she was missing-in-action for nine months. Not that I think she should evolve, but she does need redemption the most out of Ash's Unova Pokemon.

Marketability is more important than development in my opinion. I'm sure the writers agree too since they're the ones who benefit from giving Oshawott lots of screen-time.

Imo, I think people just want some redemption for my good sis Palpitoad because as I pointed out before, she was missing-in-action for nine months. Not that I think she should evolve, but she does need redemption the most out of Ash's Unova Pokemon.
    Palpitoad is a bro. Proof? Elesa Gym. :3

I think Palpitoad is your Kingler and I think Kalos will be our Johto and Unova was supposed to be our Kanto and Cameron is our Ritchie and Virgil is our Assunta with more screen time. Don't be surprised if you never see Palpitoad again.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Maybe, if Oshawott stays on Ash's team it may increase Froakie's chances of evolving and hopefully reaching it's final form. If rotation is kept I could see it working out for the best; reserves - marketing, main team - powerhouses. Plus, Oshawott is funny and has a good chance of staying anyway.

I want Pikachu to learn a new move too like Parabolic Charge, if able to. Hm, what about rotating moves/move sets too? I heard trainers do that.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Ash doesn't have to bring Palpitoad with him, but if he finds out there is a secondary evolution for him, he may be interested in transferring him over to see if he wants to evolve.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Ash doesn't have to bring Palpitoad with him, but if he finds out there is a secondary evolution for him, he may be interested in transferring him over to see if he wants to evolve.
    I guarantee if Palpitoad does have a split evolution, and Ash is getting it. The story will involve some Palpitoad themed episode, where Ash transfers his Palpitoad over, then uses Palpitoad (likely winning, the battle tournaments), and then deciding that he wants to keep Palpitoad for his adventures in Kalos.

Cue Palpitoad evolving in a later episode.

Who knows, maybe Palpitoad will be Ash's Politoed, and that's why it got screwed over in the Unova region.

I mean it only tied a Zebstrika in the league, and depending on the layout of the Kalos region and the story, it would be believable for Palpitoad to come in as a strong but not super strong contender.

I swear though if Palpitoad doesn't have a split evolution, I'm going to be majorly pissed that the writers screwed it over in Unova, especially when it could've evolved in to Seismitoad.

Jajajaja if you want Paipitoad screentime. Palpitoad will get the minimum screentime possible. Expect Oshawott.
    I see Palpi in the ranch with the minima screentime possible.
    Apart of it, read this. This guys are better than me and gives my job easier.
    http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com.es...kemon-x-y.html
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

I seriously doubt popularity has little marking on what Ash catches each gen. I'm almost positive it's all merchandise driven and based around what the writers want then what's considered to be the most popular. There was a poll on the top 30 Unova Pokemon people loved in Japan. It was an official poll and the only species of Pokemon of Ash's that made the list were Oshawott(Samurott too) and Snivy(Serperior too). But they're starters and starters usually get a nice following anyway, what with being the Pokemon first introduced to new players. Serperior even racked higher than Snivy, going by that logic Snivy should have evolved by this point. Pansage, Haxorus, Stunfisk and Emolga even made the list and Iris's Axew isn't evolved and Emolga, Stunfisk and Pansage aren't treated nearly as well as other Pokemon screen time wise. Popularity has little to do with what anyone catches.

As for the whole Froakie deal, I've seen nothing or heard nothing of frogs being popular in Japan. In fact the only significant and common tie I've heard of with frogs to Japanese culture is the fact that they're supposedly considered to be lucky in Japan. The only popular frogs in Japanese media I know of are the main characters from the long-running, popular, heavy merchandised Sgt.Frog franchise in Japan. Literally the only frog in Pokemon I know of that has achieved substantial popularity is Brock's Croagunk, a Pokemon that didn't even start off as being treated any different but gained so much merchandising and popularity(Along with Piplup). That it later on got featured more heavily in advertisement, merchandise and in promotional driven ending songs like Get Fired-Up, Gizamimi Pichu!. Croagunk is also a popular figure in Pastoria City in-game, so there's that. Otherwise, I haven't seen anything that suggest any frogs in the show were caught for their popularity. Misty's Politoed wasn't popular nor can I track any merchandise for it, Palpitoad gets little merchandise or screen time in-general. Catches aren't popularity-driven.

I could see Ash with Froakie, maybe as his Kalos sig just because it fits his battle style. It learning Quick Attack early on proves that it'll most likely be speedy.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Page 634 of 694 FirstFirst ... 534584624630631632633634635636637638644684 ... LastLast