Page 635 of 694 FirstFirst ... 535585625631632633634635636637638639645685 ... LastLast
Results 15,851 to 15,875 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

  1. #15851
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    42,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    Maybe, if Oshawott stays on Ash's team it may increase Froakie's chances of evolving and hopefully reaching it's final form.
    I can see two scenarios happening. The first would be the best-case scenario where Froakie's unpopularity would make keeping him in his base form a liability, and the writers would evolve him like they evolved Ash's Tepig when his popularity declined. The second scenario would be the worst possible outcome: Froakie becoming the new Palpitoad. I don't think highly of Froakie compared to my good sis Fennekin, but that would be a terrible fate for any Pokemon imo. I really hope the first scenario plays out instead because the second one is just bad and the third possible scenario (Froakie becoming too marketable like Piplup) would probably be bad for Froakie as well like I said before.

  2. #15852
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    kalo region
    Posts
    222

    Default

    imagesCA5J7PLH.jpgmy prediction pikachu sylveon fennekin chespin talonflame

  3. #15853
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I could see Ash with Froakie, maybe as his Kalos sig just because it fits his battle style. It learning Quick Attack early on proves that it'll most likely be speedy.
    I agree with this. It would probably be a water type version of Treecko with it's moves being Quick Attack, Bubble Beam, Pound, Water Pulse or something like that.

  4. #15854
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fenniken View Post
    imagesCA5J7PLH.jpgmy prediction pikachu sylveon fennekin chespin talonflame
    nice prediction I hope ash gets a sylveon
    Kanto-

    Unova -
    Kalos

  5. #15855
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fenniken View Post
    imagesCA5J7PLH.jpgmy prediction pikachu sylveon fennekin chespin talonflame
    Um...no.

    I want to wait until all fairy Pokemon are revealed before choosing which one I want Ash to have....which of course he doesn't get at all.

    Slyveon is just too desperate for Ash to have an Eeveelution, and I just don't really see Ash having a Slyveon.

    Unlike other examples, Slyveon really is too girly for Ash. It's got pink coloring, two bow things, and flowing scarves. I mean I could be wrong, I just can't see the writers associating Sylveon with Ash.

    It's bad enough people have problems with Ash having a female Fennekin, Slyveon would be tenfold worse and this time it would include me.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  6. #15856
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Um...no.

    I want to wait until all fairy Pokemon are revealed before choosing which one I want Ash to have....which of course he doesn't get at all.

    Slyveon is just too desperate for Ash to have an Eeveelution, and I just don't really see Ash having a Slyveon.

    Unlike other examples, Slyveon really is too girly for Ash. It's got pink coloring, two bow things, and flowing scarves. I mean I could be wrong, I just can't see the writers associating Sylveon with Ash.

    It's bad enough people have problems with Ash having a female Fennekin, Slyveon would be tenfold worse and this time it would include me.
    Imagine they would give Ash a really manly Sylveon. Like really muscled, always battling, giving defying looks to everyone... lol

    The chosen ones

  7. #15857
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Um...no.

    I want to wait until all fairy Pokemon are revealed before choosing which one I want Ash to have....which of course he doesn't get at all.

    Slyveon is just too desperate for Ash to have an Eeveelution, and I just don't really see Ash having a Slyveon.

    Unlike other examples, Slyveon really is too girly for Ash. It's got pink coloring, two bow things, and flowing scarves. I mean I could be wrong, I just can't see the writers associating Sylveon with Ash.

    It's bad enough people have problems with Ash having a female Fennekin, Slyveon would be tenfold worse and this time it would include me.
    But just because it's girly doesn't mean ash won't catch it I mean just because it looks girly doesn't mean it's not for ash we shouldn't judge by looks but just wait to see if it happens
    Kanto-

    Unova -
    Kalos

  8. #15858
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    42,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fenniken View Post
    imagesCA5J7PLH.jpgmy prediction pikachu sylveon fennekin chespin talonflame
    And the sixth spot could be reserved for Oshawott.

    Quote Originally Posted by kickachu View Post
    But just because it's girly doesn't mean ash won't catch it I mean just because it looks girly doesn't mean it's not for ash we shouldn't judge by looks but just wait to see if it happens
    I don't think Ash would ever be given a Sylveon to be honest. I mean he's had a few feminine-looking Pokemon before like Chikorita, but Sylveon is bright pink and has ribbons for goodness sake. That just screams female. Ash is a boy so the writers would probably give him cute/cool and masculine Pokemon in Gen 6 like they normally do. I mean Ash catching Sylveon would be like him catching Gothitelle or Nicki Jynx; it just doesn't compute because of previous trends imo.

  9. #15859
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kickachu View Post
    But just because it's girly doesn't mean ash won't catch it I mean just because it looks girly doesn't mean it's not for ash we shouldn't judge by looks but just wait to see if it happens
    I didn't say Ash wouldn't want a Slyveon, HOWEVER, the writers probably would never give Ash Slyveon, it's not the right Pokemon for Ash.

    I'm thinking if Slyveon was any other Pokemon, and not related to Eevee, then those who do want Ash with Slyveon wouldn't be so quick to give it to Ash.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  10. #15860
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Just because fairy is the new type doesnt mean ash has to get a pokemon of it. He didn't get a dark or steel type in johto, And he didn't get either espeon or umbreon to advertise it.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  11. #15861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Just because fairy is the new type doesnt mean ash has to get a pokemon of it. He didn't get a dark or steel type in johto, And he didn't get either espeon or umbreon to advertise it.
    I think he's getting a Fairy-type this time around.

    Pikachu turns out to be one all along.

    Oh wait, we're stuck in UNOVA. Let's see here! Cilan is getting the Shiny Druddigon!

    Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

  12. #15862
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,567

    Default

    Honestly, out of all of the new Pokemon the only one I think Ash will catch is Fletchling. Naturally, he'll get one or a pair of or all of the Kalos starter Pokemon. Not sure which he'll capture for sure but I'll just pin my vote on Chespin or Froakie. I personally am leaning toward Froakie as my want for Ash, considering it looks like the most Ash-fitting Pokemon of the bunch and I'd love him having a starring frog on his team for once. I think Chespin would fit Shauna if she does travel with Ash since the skin tone and the teeth match each other. They look like cheery characters that I could see together. I don't really care for Fennekin, but I wouldn't die if Ash caught one. I honestly don't hope for any of the Unova Pokemon to be retained unless Ash decides to go the route of Johto and slowly replace his team members. If one were to be retained, I'd only want it to be Scraggy as a wildcard Pokemon of his team. Palpitoad, Boldore, Snivy, Oshawott, Pignite, Unfezant, Leavanny, Charizard and Krookodile are all done in my personal opinion and they all should return to their respective valleys and/or Oak's lab. I'm only thinking Scraggy could stay because Iris could make a cameo next gen with Axew/Fraxure and Scraggy and him are tied together not to mention Scraggy hasn't gotten many amazing battles and a large amount of screen time nor is evolved.

  13. #15863
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I think Chespin would fit Shauna if she does travel with Ash since the skin tone and the teeth match each other.
    Lolwhat? Why should skin colour determine what Pokemon a trainer gets in the show? Thats just straight up racist.

  14. #15864
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Um...no.

    I want to wait until all fairy Pokemon are revealed before choosing which one I want Ash to have....which of course he doesn't get at all.

    Slyveon is just too desperate for Ash to have an Eeveelution, and I just don't really see Ash having a Slyveon.

    Unlike other examples, Slyveon really is too girly for Ash. It's got pink coloring, two bow things, and flowing scarves. I mean I could be wrong, I just can't see the writers associating Sylveon with Ash.

    It's bad enough people have problems with Ash having a female Fennekin, Slyveon would be tenfold worse and this time it would include me.
    Sylveon not sly.

    No one had a problem with Snivy or Unfezant being female, I don't see people having a problem with Sylveon and I'm not getting your people are somehow having a problem with a female Fennekin either, I haven't seen that at all.

    I don't think he will get Sylveon because its seems the writers simply don't want him with an Eevee they had plenty of opportunities and never took them, I don't think it will happen now.

  15. #15865
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty-Skitty View Post
    Lolwhat? Why should skin colour determine what Pokemon a trainer gets in the show? Thats just straight up racist.
    What the hell are you talking about? I was referring to the fact Shauna and Chespin have similar features, skin tone and teeth.

    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/th...-XY_Shauna.png
    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/th...px-Chespin.png

    I'd rather see her with a Chespin, who kinda fits her (brownish skin tone and the little front teeth).
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 26th June 2013 at 6:49 AM.

  16. #15866
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    No one had a problem with Snivy or Unfezant being female
    Pepsi, read the posts better, because this has nothing to do with female Pokemon, but the design of a Pokemon. But you're wrong, there are some individuals, who are sexist and don't want Ash with female Pokemon. I don't understand that because as disgusting as it may seem, guys should like everything female. It's like saying that a guy is gay or targeted by sexist/misogynist people because he becomes a cheerleader. Sorry but only people who hate females would ever say that. I'd have to question the logic of a male who wants another male to have a masculine all male team. Whether he is a misogynist or not. It's one thing to not like feminine things and liking masculine things. It's a whole other thing to hate female creatures, and only preferring male creatures.

    Like I said Ash would gladly have a Sylveon on his team, he's a trainer that would take any Pokemon under his training no matter what.

    What I may have not been clear on, but Sylveon was clearly designed with girls in mind, there is nothing about what Ash is supposed to represent by the writers, the executive producers, that would indicate Ash having Sylveon would be appropriate.

    It would be the same as a guy liking Barbie over something more masculine. I know I'm sorry for you guys out there who like Barbie, but the target audience for Barbie are girls, not boys. That's what I'm getting at. The target audience for Sylveon are females not males.

    That's why the writers won't give Ash Sylveon, because while exceptions are allowed, Ash isn't one of those people. Instead they will only give him slightly feminine or straight up gender neutral female Pokemon. Not a Pokemon clearly designed for little girls in mind.

    I'm not getting your people are somehow having a problem with a female Fennekin either, I haven't seen that at all.
    Really, then you need to teleport yourself back to when Fennekin was first revealed and read the posts regarding Ash and Fennekin, the only reason they don't want Ash with a Fennekin, is because it is too feminine, which I disagree with but not in regards to Sylveon since Sylveon was clearly designed for female trainers, with very few guys choosing to have it.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  17. #15867
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    What I may have not been clear on, but Sylveon was clearly designed with girls in mind, there is nothing about what Ash is supposed to represent by the writers, the executive producers, that would indicate Ash having Sylveon would be appropriate.
    What? Ash could catch Sylveon, he could catch any Pokemon. Chikorita always looked "girly" to me. Just because Sylveon is cute and fluffy and it's target audience is girls doesn't mean that guys can't like it, and that it's not "masculine" enough for Ash.

    Though, I don't think he'll get Sylveon, I'm just saying it's not because it's too girly.


    ANNYWAY if Dento goes to Kalos I want a Flabebe in his hair. :3

    It would be the same as a guy liking Barbie over something more masculine. I know I'm sorry for you guys out there who like Barbie, but the target audience for Barbie are girls, not boys. That's what I'm getting at. The target audience for Sylveon are females not males.
    It's not the same as Barbie. -_-
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  18. #15868
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    snip
    I read you post rigth, I just decided to answer it smartly, because there is no such a thing as pokemon for girls and for boys, end of the story, pokemon are animal, they aren't barbies, you can like cute or cool, or scary pokemon regardless of gender.

    Now I understand why a poor girl was asking in the game section if it was wrong that she liked Darkrai...apparently she has to like Sylveon instead.

    Like one or two guys and you took it too seriously because its your favourite, just like you took everything about too seriously this region because its your favourite, no one has a problem with Satoshi having Fennekin besides the people who don't want him to yet again get a fire type and evolve it, which shouldn't be taken in consideration or atleast I don't since the argument makes no sense, Oshawott and Snivy didn't evolve because Tepig did if they wanted(could in Oshawott case) evolve them they would for example.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 26th June 2013 at 5:29 PM.

  19. #15869
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    What? Ash could catch Sylveon, he could catch any Pokemon. Chikorita always looked "girly" to me. Just because Sylveon is cute and fluffy and it's target audience is girls doesn't mean that guys can't like it, and that it's not "masculine" enough for Ash.
    Not really the same, there isn't anything overtly feminine about Chikorita, since there's a huge ratio of Chikorita that are supposed to be male, unlike thew anime.

    It's not the same as Barbie. -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I read you post rigth, I just decided to answer it smartly, because there is no such a thing as pokemon for girls and for boys, end of the story, pokemon are animal, they aren't barbies, you can like cute or cool, or scary pokemon regardless of gender.

    Now I understand why a poor girl was asking in the game section if it was wrong that she liked Darkrai...apparently she has to like Sylveon instead.

    Like one or two guys and you took it too seriously because its your favourite, just like you took everything about too seriously this region because its your favourite, no one has a problem with Satoshi having Fennekin besides the people who don't want him to yet again get a fire type and evolve it, which shouldn't be taken in consideration or atleast I don't since the argument makes no sense, Oshawott and Snivy didn't evolve because Tepig did if they wanted(could in Oshawott case) evolve them they would for example.
    People pay attention.

    ASH would want Sylveon just like he'd want that fake bug Pokemon in that Manga even though it was called the weakest Pokemon.

    In that sense, yes the living creature logic does apply, but only in that sense.

    Sylveon was created by man just like Barbie was, so I'm not seeing your logic that it's not the same thing. In the world of Pokemon Sylveon is a living creature, but so is Barbie in her world, yes an animated version of Barbie does exist, in fact I'm sure there's quite a handful of Barbie movies out there. The only difference is Barbie is a human and Sylveon is a creature.

    So what you're saying is a human character can be created to target a specific gender, meanwhile a single species of Pokemon among hundreds of Pokemon, cannot be targeted to a specific gender. That's like saying that G.I. Joe wasn't directed at boys because there are some girls who like G.I. Joe because he's hot/handsome, and vice versa with boys and Barbies.

    You know it's just as narrow minded to think nothing is gender specific, as it is for disliking a choice because it has a specific gender.

    So what you're arguing is that Gamefreak isn't trying to appeal to both boys and girls, that's completely false. Just because there are guys who may like Sylveon or there are girls who like Darkrai, or maybe Sawk/Throh/Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus, doesn't mean that said Pokemon weren't designed to appeal to a specific gender more than an other. That's completely ignoring how this world works.

    Exceptions do exist people, this world is not BLACK and WHITE, like you seem to think it is. Ash and Sylveon however I don't think is one of those exceptions, especially when most of developers of the anime, I'm assuming are male.

    If Ash gets Sylveon, fine, I'm wrong, but how about we cross that bridge if it ever happens.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  20. #15870
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    What does sylveon being too feminine for ash have to do with his unova team?
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  21. #15871
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    What does sylveon being too feminine for ash have to do with his unova team?
    Since the rest of 5th generation anime is not going to have any real team changes, sure, I can't say for sure, but the layout of the arc isn't allowing any potential team changes to be likely.

    Thus this thread is completely pointless until 6th generation anime occurs. Thus it isn't a matter of what it has to do with Ash's Unova team, but his next generation team.

    And we don't know anything, for all we know Ash could catch a Sylveon in the DA arc, and just take it with him to the Kalos region.

    So thus in that chance we're discussing why Ash wouldn't or would get Sylveon.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  22. #15872
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    42,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? I was referring to the fact Shauna and Chespin have similar features, skin tone and teeth.

    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/th...-XY_Shauna.png
    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/th...px-Chespin.png

    I'd rather see her with a Chespin, who kinda fits her (brownish skin tone and the little front teeth).
    Honestly, Chespin resembles Bianca more. But I do kind of agree with the person quoted because basing captures on the skin tone of a character sounds like a bad idea. I mean by your logic, Ash should only get tan-colored Pokemon or something, which would be really boring. It just wouldn't work out in my opinion.

    Anyway, I'm just waiting for DA to be over so I can start the "I told you so" "Oshawott didn't evolve" thread. I mean in my opinion it seems pretty evident at the moment that he won't evolve in DA if at all, but I want to wait until the arc is actually over before starting the thread. My only disappointment with the lack of new team changes is that Ash's Pignite hasn't evolved yet. I was waiting for it to happen, but it looks like he'll remain in his middle stage forever.

  23. #15873
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Honestly, Chespin resembles Bianca more. But I do kind of agree with the person quoted because basing captures on the skin tone of a character sounds like a bad idea. I mean by your logic, Ash should only get tan-colored Pokemon or something, which would be really boring. It just wouldn't work out in my opinion.
    Did you read my post?

    I was referring to the fact Shauna and Chespin have similar features, skin tone and teeth.
    I'd rather see her with a Chespin, who kinda fits her (brownish skin tone and the little front teeth).
    Just like how I feel Snivy fits Cheren, due to the sense of snide and haughty they both have in expressions for example. I suppose the words "skin" and "tone" were seen in unison and decided to be capitalized on it.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 26th June 2013 at 7:53 PM.

  24. #15874
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Anyone that ever expected at any point for oshawott to evolve obviously hasn't watched the anime before best wishes and was setting The self up for disappointment. So many obvious things indicating it never would. Pignite not evolving nor snivy even once however is very surprising and disappointing though.
    Last edited by yuoke; 26th June 2013 at 7:54 PM.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  25. #15875
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    3,889

    Default

    By that logic, Burgundy should get herself an Illumise. XD

    But... I honestly wouldn't mind that. Chespin seems (atm) the best candidate to be the next "cute unevolved mascot" and I'd rather have the girl with most of the cutemons than Ash. Also him not getting the Grass starter this time may shake some things up.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Page 635 of 694 FirstFirst ... 535585625631632633634635636637638639645685 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •