Page 636 of 694 FirstFirst ... 536586626632633634635636637638639640646686 ... LastLast
Results 15,876 to 15,900 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

  1. #15876
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    By that logic
    Considering it's nothing more than a mere speculation and nothing I'm trying to sell at face value as factual evidence......?

  2. #15877
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    If shauna was the girl to go with ash, I don't see it as unreasonable to believe she gets chespin, with the only argunent against it being ash always getting the grass starter.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  3. #15878
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Chespin seems (atm) the best candidate to be the next "cute unevolved mascot"
    Not if Oshawott has anything to say about it. If he stays, he'll likely remain popular and triumph over Chespin; he ain't gonna let nobody snatch his crown that easily.

    But I agree that if Chepsin has to be caught, it should be caught by the female protagonist (which will hopefully be Serena). Ash needs to have at least one fabulous Pokemon and if Oshawott has to leave, then Fennekin would be a more suitable replacement because she's adorable and has the most potential in my opinion. She's just so gorgeous. ❤

  4. #15879
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,661

    Default

    As for the otter.

    Dollars to donuts on Oshawott actually staying, unless Ash pulls a Johto I really don't see Oshawott staying or want him to stay. This is coming from a big Oshawott fan, he's gotten more than enough screen time in Unova and battles and probably has the best showing next to Pignite in-terms of it. So he really doesn't need to stay at all. Just like Totodile, Corphish and Buizel I think he'll be replaced when the new gen starts.

  5. #15880
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Um...no.

    I want to wait until all fairy Pokemon are revealed before choosing which one I want Ash to have....which of course he doesn't get at all.

    Slyveon is just too desperate for Ash to have an Eeveelution, and I just don't really see Ash having a Slyveon.

    Unlike other examples, Slyveon really is too girly for Ash. It's got pink coloring, two bow things, and flowing scarves. I mean I could be wrong, I just can't see the writers associating Sylveon with Ash.

    It's bad enough people have problems with Ash having a female Fennekin, Slyveon would be tenfold worse and this time it would include me.
    What's the problem with a female Fennekin? He got a female Snivy and female Chikorita. I could see Ash with a female Fennekin. I could see Ash with all the Gen 6 starters really.

    Now if Ash were to get an Eevee evo, let it be a Dragon-type. And since its been said Fairy is effective against Dragon I could see Gen 6 having one, since all the way back to Gen 1 there has always been an Eevee evolution weak to the other: Jolteon > Vaporeon > Flareon, Umbreon > Espeon, and Glaceon > Leafeon.
    Last edited by World Turtle; 26th June 2013 at 10:44 PM.

  6. #15881
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Not really the same, there isn't anything overtly feminine about Chikorita, since there's a huge ratio of Chikorita that are supposed to be male, unlike thew anime.
    Lol well, if Sylveon isn't female only, it'll have the same gender ratio as Chikorita. Even Meganium too, with a giant pink hibiscus on its neck? xD


    Sylveon was created by man just like Barbie was, so I'm not seeing your logic that it's not the same thing. In the world of Pokemon Sylveon is a living creature, but so is Barbie in her world, yes an animated version of Barbie does exist, in fact I'm sure there's quite a handful of Barbie movies out there. The only difference is Barbie is a human and Sylveon is a creature.
    By your logic, Ken dolls were created for male audiences

    So what you're arguing is that Gamefreak isn't trying to appeal to both boys and girls, that's completely false. Just because there are guys who may like Sylveon or there are girls who like Darkrai, or maybe Sawk/Throh/Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus, doesn't mean that said Pokemon weren't designed to appeal to a specific gender more than an other. That's completely ignoring how this world works.
    Well I do think different Pokemon are meant to attract different audiences, as they want more people to buy the games. However, that's not to say Ash can't get it because it's not masculine enough.

    Exceptions do exist people, this world is not BLACK and WHITE, like you seem to think it is. Ash and Sylveon however I don't think is one of those exceptions, especially when most of developers of the anime, I'm assuming are male.
    Well some people were smart enough to put Dento on the cast with Mamoru Miyano, so obviously they think about the female audience

    If Ash gets Sylveon, fine, I'm wrong, but how about we cross that bridge if it ever happens.
    I don't care if Ash gets Sylveon or not, I'm just mad you said it was too cute.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  7. #15882
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by World Turtle View Post
    Now if Ash were to get an Eevee evo, let it be a Dragon-type. And since its been said Fairy is effective against Dragon I could see Gen 6 having one, since all the way back to Gen 1 there has always been one Eevee evolution weak to the other: Vaporeon > Flareon, Umbreon > Espeon, and Glaceon > Leafeon.
    Each pair of new evolutions did have a type advantage over the other but the first one has been weak to the one that comes after it in the Pokedex. So if Sylveon comes first then it would have to be a type that is super-effective against Fairy-types.

    Random : PokéRadar


  8. #15883
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    421

    Default

    So maybe Steel then going the other way? IIRC I read some myths (and some fantasy novels that employed this) about how "Iron" was used to ward off the more malevolent fair folk and other supernaturals. Heck maybe will get lucky and get a new Eevee trio this time instead of a duo?
    Last edited by World Turtle; 26th June 2013 at 10:40 PM.

  9. #15884
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by World Turtle View Post
    What's the problem with a female Fennekin? He got a female Snivy and female Chikorita. I could see Ash with a female Fennekin. I could see Ash with all the Gen 6 starters really.
    I was just bringing it up, even though I do want Ash with a female Fennekin.

    What I was saying is for those who think a female Fennekin is too feminine for Ash, then Sylveon is even more feminine and less people will want it for the same reasons.

    However I should say starters =/= other Pokemon.

    Clearly it doesn't matter if a starter is too masculine or too feminine, but it might be a different story for a Pokemon that is viewed as less marketable.


    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post

    Well I do think different Pokemon are meant to attract different audiences, as they want more people to buy the games. However, that's not to say Ash can't get it because it's not masculine enough.

    I don't care if Ash gets Sylveon or not, I'm just mad you said it was too cute.

    Ash can have girly Pokemon, sure, but a female snivy nor a female Pidove, nor even all the other female Pokemon Ash has still doesn't compare to Sylveon.

    I'm just looking at it from the perspective of the writers, the executive producers, and who exactly approves the choices of what Ash catches.

    I just can't see them, or that one person agreeing to Ash and Sylveon due to the idea that from the perspective of perhaps the majority of the viewers wouldn't find their relationship to coalesce very well because Sylveon I'm pretty sure was designed to appeal more to the girly girls of the fandom, than your average person.

    Especially since we're talking about Ash here, who has never truly had an obviously feminine Pokemon, and only has ever had female Pokemon. And by feminine I mean design-wise, and NOT a starter since those clearly have to be excluded for obvious reasons.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  10. #15885
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Well some people were smart enough to put Dento on the cast with Mamoru Miyano, so obviously they think about the female audience
    Maybe I'm naive, but what does Cilan's (Dento's) seiyuu have to do with the female audience?

    Anyway, I'm really surprised that some people want to see Ash with a Sylveon (is that how it's spelled?). I mean that Pokemon just looks like the kind a female traveling companion would get, not Ash. There's a huge difference between female Pokemon and feminine Pokemon in my opinion. I'm all for Ash getting female Pokemon because there's no reason why he shouldn't, but feminine Pokemon just don't seem to fit Ash's style in my opinion. And no, I don't think Fennekin is too feminine. She's a precious gift from above that Ash needs to get asap imo.
    Last edited by Lorde; 27th June 2013 at 12:02 AM.

  11. #15886
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    gypsy
    Posts
    110

    Default

    http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com.es...presto_26.html

    Could the Whimsicott in this item set mean something??

  12. #15887
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meraruba View Post
    http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com.es...presto_26.html

    Could the Whimsicott in this item set mean something??
    Inb4Cilancatchesone
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  13. #15888
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meraruba View Post
    http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com.es...presto_26.html

    Could the Whimsicott in this item set mean something??
    I've been wanting Cilan with a Whimsicott for a long time, but I'm not going to get my hopes up on him actually catching it. For all we know it's probably just movie fodder for Eric or another character like Drifblim was in Darkrai or Magnezone in Shaymin.

  14. #15889
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pooler, Georgia
    Posts
    534

    Default

    im torn id love to see some chespin, but i worry about it going the route of so many of ash's starters, that being the none evolving route. much as i have issues with samurott i think its a bit ridiculous ash never got oshawott to that stage. and i hate the idea of chespin's evo's getting neglected with there being a chespin in the main cast.

    that said im not to interested in seeing ash with another fire type (which actually prob will evolve) so i think id like to see froakie with ash. i think it be fun if it had a real curious personality. not to mention it seems quite built to be hanging on to ash's back with its head pearing over his sholder.
    said a almost 30 year old married guy who part time drives a van.

  15. #15890
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Maybe I'm naive, but what does Cilan's (Dento's) seiyuu have to do with the female audience?
    Pretty sure Gina's just being facetious or possibly fangirling at random lol. Its not that serious tho.

    Quote Originally Posted by Meraruba View Post
    http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com.es...presto_26.html

    Could the Whimsicott in this item set mean something??
    Whoa thats cool but I think that only shows pokemon from the new movie and not the actual show. Too bad cuz I want someone to catch a new Pokemon but oh well may be next time. I'm more excited about XY teams any ways lol.

  16. #15891
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Lucario View Post
    Pretty sure Gina's just being facetious or possibly fangirling at random lol. Its not that serious tho.



    Whoa thats cool but I think that only shows pokemon from the new movie and not the actual show. Too bad cuz I want someone to catch a new Pokemon but oh well may be next time. I'm more excited about XY teams any ways lol.
    But the movie doesn't air until the 13th of july and the treasure episode airs on the 25th so cilan could still catch whimsicott but personally I hope ash catches eevee in the episode.
    Unova -
    Kalos

  17. #15892
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kickachu View Post
    But the movie doesn't air until the 13th of july and the treasure episode airs on the 25th so cilan could still catch whimsicott but personally I hope ash catches eevee in the episode.
    Ash catching an eevee would be good as it would be capture that wouldn't be instantly powerful as Eevees have a limited movepool . Plus even evolved it will still be 'cute' enough for the anime to be a regular team member. I don't think Sylveon would be the one he would get though. If there is a second one added like a steel ,dragon or a poison type it could happen.

  18. #15893
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kickachu View Post
    But the movie doesn't air until the 13th of july and the treasure episode airs on the 25th so cilan could still catch whimsicott but personally I hope ash catches eevee in the episode.
    I'm 99% sure that any roster changes would have been shown/mentioned in the Movie 16 comic. To my understanding, no such thing happened. The Whimsicott could be just another Movie 16 Pokemon like Sableye.

  19. #15894
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meraruba View Post
    http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com.es...presto_26.html

    Could the Whimsicott in this item set mean something??
    I think that Whimsicott will be in M16.
    Whether it has a Major Role or Minor Role. There just Advertising it for The Movie.

    Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

  20. #15895
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon1998Ash View Post
    I think that Whimsicott will be in M16.
    Whether it has a Major Role or Minor Role. There just Advertising it for The Movie.
    but we haven't seen any proof that whimsicott is going to be in the movie
    Unova -
    Kalos

  21. #15896
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    2,970

    Default

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  22. #15897
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Newcastle(England)
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Based on the Pokémon we already know about and comparing it to Ash's Unova Mon's I predict that his line-up in Kalos will look like this: -

    Pikachu -Pikachu
    Unfezant - Fletchling
    Oshawott - Froakie
    Pignite - Fennekin
    Snivy - Chespin
    Scraggy - Pancham
    Leavanny - Gogoat
    Palpitoad - Clauncher
    Boldore - Litleo
    Krookodile - Noivern
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

  23. #15898
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crawdauntpro View Post
    Based on the Pokémon we already know about and comparing it to Ash's Unova Mon's I predict that his line-up in Kalos will look like this: -

    Pikachu -Pikachu
    Unfezant - Fletchling
    Oshawott - Froakie
    Pignite - Fennekin
    Snivy - Chespin
    Scraggy - Pancham
    Leavanny - Gogoat
    Palpitoad - Clauncher
    Boldore - Litleo
    Krookodile - Noivern
    I sure hope you are wrong about that.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  24. #15899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crawdauntpro View Post
    Based on the Pokémon we already know about and comparing it to Ash's Unova Mon's I predict that his line-up in Kalos will look like this: -

    Pikachu -Pikachu
    Unfezant - Fletchling
    Oshawott - Froakie
    Pignite - Fennekin
    Snivy - Chespin
    Scraggy - Pancham
    Leavanny - Gogoat
    Palpitoad - Clauncher
    Boldore - Litleo
    Krookodile - Noivern
    Not only does this sound wrong because you technically added (almost) all revealed Pokémon, but there are still more Pokémon they haven't shown yet. Only reasonable choices would be the three starters and the regional bird. Beyond that, it's unknown.

  25. #15900
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Newcastle(England)
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I sure hope you are wrong about that.
    Personal preference of course, lol :P
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Page 636 of 694 FirstFirst ... 536586626632633634635636637638639640646686 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •