Page 637 of 694 FirstFirst ... 537587627633634635636637638639640641647687 ... LastLast
Results 15,901 to 15,925 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by crawdauntpro View Post
    Unfezant - Fletchling
    Scraggy - Pancham
    Leavanny - Gogoat
    Palpitoad - Clauncher
    Boldore - Litleo
    Krookodile - Noivern
    So you want six more under-developed, neglected Pokemon in Kalos? Because that's what happens when Ash uses the rotation system. Only his Starters and Pikachu ever get decent amounts of screen-time while the others are reduced to cameo appearances and in rare cases battles, but most of said battles end up being drizzled in DEM so I don't consider that as being a plus. I would have thought that the way rotation was handled in BW would have made people less keen to see it happen again, but I guess I was wrong. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I would have thought that the way rotation was handled in BW would have made people less keen to see it happen again, but I guess I was wrong. :x
    That's only because the writers didn't know how to properly handle rotation, they completely missed the point of Ash having more than 5/6 regional Pokemon.

But who knows maybe 6th generation will bring in new writers, willing to take more of a chance.

Because even marketability doesn't explain the horrible treatment of anyone not a starter.

Especially since there are episodes of Best Wishes, where ONLY Pikachu showed up. Marketability of the starters is hardly an argument when you are only using one Pokemon in an episode.

Hell, why not have a couple of Pokemon out fighting, practicing and include them into an episode's plot, so it doesn't just revolve around Pikachu and Pokemon of the day.

It's those darn lazy animators, isn't it, can't be bothered to put in some extra effort so that other Pokemon can be used.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

So you want six more under-developed, neglected Pokemon in Kalos? Because that's what happens when Ash uses the rotation system. Only his Starters and Pikachu ever get decent amounts of screen-time while the others are reduced to cameo appearances and in rare cases battles, but most of said battles end up being drizzled in DEM so I don't consider that as being a plus. I would have thought that the way rotation was handled in BW would have made people less keen to see it happen again, but I guess I was wrong. :x
    the problem was not the rotation. They could've done it properly. The problem came in that best wishes had problems in writing. While the starters did get more screen time they didn't do much with it. Can you honestly say snivy got any growth? this isn't because of the rotation it's just the problems bw had. This is why it was better when Ash doesn't get all the starters there is less focus on keeping all three in the main group so they can be swapped around easier. I also maintain that the reserves could've done with clearer personalties with traits that were seen clearer this would make it easier to write them in more episodes. Non rotation leads to other problems. like when ambipom took up ping pong because togekiss had to join.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    That's only because the writers didn't know how to properly handle rotation, they completely missed the point of Ash having more than 5/6 regional Pokemon.
    Their point was to give him more pokemon, more options, to be more like ingame where we try pokemon out, he used them all in battles, as far as I'm concerned that was their point and they didn't miss it at all.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 29th June 2013 at 10:47 AM.

It is a combination of the writing and marketability. The marketing part comes in to oshawott and pikachu getting waaay too much screeen time, while palpitoad, leavanny, and boldore get nothing. The bad writingcomes for every pokemon on ash's team except krokorok/krookodile having basically terrible development.

The problem is that unlike in games, the anime has to have certain pokemon get a hue amount of time on screen. Rotation just doesn't work out in the anime at all, which won't change unless the anime stops being a marketing tool for the games.
    Last edited by yuoke; 28th June 2013 at 9:36 PM.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Their points was to give him more pokemon, more options, to be more like ingame where we try pokemon out, he used them all in battles, as far as I'm concerned that was their point and they didn't miss it at all.
    Except with Palpitoad...they totally missed it with him. No group appearances? That's just awful
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Well, if rotation returns I hope it will be handled better and I hope we'll get various group appearances. My ideal number is between 6 and 8 Pokémon. 10 Pokémon are a bit too much.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

I see it like this. They decide to give Ash this many Pokemon, but they do what Paul and Gary have done with their Pokemon. Gary has oaked most of his Pokemon, even in the league he was in. Look at Dodou for example. Paul does the same with Pokemon with his brother like Gliscor. The writers are doing what a normal trainer does.

Their points was to give him more pokemon, more options, to be more like ingame where we try pokemon out, he used them all in battles, as far as I'm concerned that was their point and they didn't miss it at all.
    I agree. I also think the misconception with rotation was that the reserve pokemon would be treated like any other pokemon if Ash just had a 6 pokemon team where they'd be shown often. I admit, I thought something like that would've happened but I've realized that since Leavanny, Boldore, Palpitoad, and even Unfezant were reserve pokemon being rotated, that their screentime was better than the Kanto reserves back then. And instead of comparing their screentime and development to the likes of the wildcards such as Gliscor, I think their situation is more similar to Kingler, Muk, and Tauros.

In which case, their screentime and development was better. Throughout the Kanto/OI run, Kingler was NEVER used until the league where it evolved in its first battle and then wasn't used again until the next generation in Johto for only the Whirl Cup. Muk only ever had one win at all iirc, which was against a Bellsprout in the Kanto League. Tauros wasn't used at all until the OI final. Compare that to Palpitoad, a pokemon with less screentime than the rest of the Unova pokemon, Palpitoad actually had some decent showings.

Yes, the Kanto writing was not the best. But the last time the writers had more than 1 reserve for Ash was back at that time. So their take on these reserves now with rotation was actually better than before. They were given to Ash as being additional choices, they had their fair share of battles and evolutions, their roles were fulfilled.

With all that said, I do hope that for the next gen, Ash can stick to a 6 pokemon team without rotating in reserves. Could rotation be improved upon? Potentially, given various factors. Would I mind it? No, I'd be okay and neutral on that. But preferably though, I miss the feeling of consistency with just 6 pokemon. I miss seeing team development as opposed to individual pokemon development (i.e. like that episode after Ash loses to Paul in the 6 vs. 6 battle with the Sinnoh Team). Because while individual development can still happen with rotation, the constant ins and outs of doing that will lack that team feeling imo.

Now apart from the future XY anime, in the mean time, I do hope we get at least just one more team change for Ash in the rest of this BW series. Now the feel of DA! makes me a bit doubtful something would happen midseries but if a pokemon like Scraggy can evolve last minute like May's Blaziken, I personally would be fine with that as long as it gets a decent battle to showcase. I think a goodbye battle involving that wouldn't be too difficult to come up with, and honestly, with the end of BW as a whole, why not?

It all comes down to the writers, which is why I hope rotation never happens again because as many people have pointed out, the writers always showcase the most popular Pokemon and practically ignore the rest. This is something that will never change imo. It's just the way the show is designed. It's one of those "circle of life" kind of things.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    The marketing part comes in to oshawott and pikachu getting waaay too much screeen time
    How was Oshagod part of the problem? I mean yes he appeared often but he only got a couple of episodes that were all about him; all his other appearances were trivial for the most part imo. Pikachu on the other hand, was used at like every Gym it seemed like, which meant that some of Ash's other Pokemon (the reserves in most cases) didn't get enough Gym screen-time. They had to rely on tournaments to stay relevant, but as we know, most of those tournaments ended badly for Ash so I'm not sure if people will want to see more tournaments in Kalos.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdauntpro View Post
    Based on the Pokémon we already know about and comparing it to Ash's Unova Mon's I predict that his line-up in Kalos will look like this: -

Pikachu -Pikachu
    Unfezant - Fletchling
    Oshawott - Froakie
    Pignite - Fennekin
    Snivy - Chespin
    Scraggy - Pancham
    Leavanny - Gogoat
    Palpitoad - Clauncher
    Boldore - Litleo
    Krookodile - Noivern
    O.k I'm gonna use logic. Ash has never used a rotation thing before has caught a lot of pokemon from Kanto but you know pokemon making it's debut Ash is gonna catch loads. He will keep pikachu duh, and fletchling is the bird that Ash will catch, he always has the grass starter he'll probably end up with all the starters of Kalos. I doubt he'll be catching as many as he did gen 5 in kalos so don't expect so many this time. Scraggy was his 6th this gen and Ash's 6th pokemon of a gen is always random, but (and I could be wrong) with the invention of fairy type Ash will most likely catch a cool looking fairy type but the big question for me is will charizard stay with ash, go to Oak's or back to training. In my opinion seeing he had so many of his Kanto guys go there should be a special episode where the kanto gang get back together Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Pidgeot and Butterfree (if they can find him)
    Need pretty much everything
    White 2 friend code: 3654 9343 2801 name is Aaron
    Seen 200 and something Caught 100 and something

No, that wasn't the point, well except the part of giving him more options to use but they failed at it.

The point was to have more options for the writers to use the Pokemon for a bigger family dynamic, instead they just threw the same Pokemon together and even in some cases no one showed up.

Lazy pure and simple, and I half disagree on the whole more options for Ash to use. I mean it is true, but it was never treated like that. Ash didn't use Roggenrola against Elesa, which quite frankly given what Snivy was fighting, would've been better. There is no possible way Roggenrola would've done worse than Snivy, it would've been either the same outcome or Roggenrola would've performed better. True Snivy is resistant to electric types, but it isn't like Roggenrola's typing made a difference.

And Ash didn't have to use Pikachu against Skyla, Boldore would've worked just as well.

And all those times, that Ash was forced to use Oshawott, because of Oshawott's character, that didn't need to happen either.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    The problem is that unlike in games, the anime has to have certain pokemon get a hue amount of time on screen. Rotation just doesn't work out in the anime at all, which won't change unless the anime stops being a marketing tool for the games.
    No you people don't get it. It's about laziness. There is nothing in this world except the deluded thoughts of people thinking that Palpitoad showing up firing a hydro pump on a fire that occurs is going to somehow detract Oshawott receiving more focus in that particular hypothetical episode.

And the same goes to every other Pokemon. There are MANY instances where the writing has failed in regards to the Pokemon choices of the writers.

Because if you think a one minute scene or five minute scene of Palpitoad showing up is going to take away the merchandise of Oshawott who was in the episode for 10-15 minutes, you are seriously wrong.

No one who cares about Oshawott or Pikachu is going to be distracted by Pokemon B, showing up getting some screen time.

It's all about laziness, mostly in part of the animators, most likely.

It all comes down to the writers, which is why I hope rotation never happens again because as many people have pointed out, the writers always showcase the most popular Pokemon and practically ignore the rest. This is something that will never change imo. It's just the way the show is designed. It's one of those "circle of life" kind of things.
    Honestly if it's too hard to write an episode where more than Pikachu and the marketable Pokemon show up, they seriously need to find someone else. Because it is seriously not that hard.

Unless the head director of animation has some say into what's allowed in an episode or not.

And you know maybe Voice Acting is also a factor, but even then, it's still mostly about laziness.

Because like I said, it's not that hard to include a one minute scene of Palpitoad or some horribly underutilized Pokemon using an attack on Team Rocket. They just choose not to do it. Maybe not out of laziness, but there's no way you could argue marketing. Limited Monetary funds, I'll believe before the concept of marketability.

Because honestly where marketing is concerned there should be no difference in episodes where only Pikachu shows and Pikachu and Palpitoad show up.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 29th June 2013 at 5:09 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

So, has the axew/scraggy/pansage/snivy/oshawott/palpitoad ship sailed yet?
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

as must as I want Oshawott to evolve, Ash to catch a Trubbish and Iris to catch Something especially a Joltik I think this is it. I will be especially supplies if it's not the I don't expect the new Pokémon to be joining us.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Werewolf View Post
    as must as I want Oshawott to evolve, Ash to catch a Trubbish and Iris to catch Something especially a Joltik I think this is it. I will be especially supplies if it's not the I don't expect the new Pokémon to be joining us.
    If the gang were to catch anything, I'd recommend:
    Iris- an ice type(to face her fear) or another dragon
    Ash- a type he doesn't possess(ghost, psychic, steel, [fairy]) or a pokemon for gen 6 evolution
    Cilan- purrloin (plot, fighting fear, backstory) or a flying type to add to his variety
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

No, that wasn't the point, well except the part of giving him more options to use but they failed at it.

The point was to have more options for the writers to use the Pokemon for a bigger family dynamic, instead they just threw the same Pokemon together and even in some cases no one showed up.
    Was that really the point though? I've always thought that it was because back then, there was an emphasis on not having any old pokemon for the first BW games and to mirror that, Ash's reserves would have to be Unova pokemon. With that said, Ash's reserves were treated as such but they've gotten better treatment than the last time Ash had more than one regional reserve in a region (which was Kanto, a time where Kingler, Muk, and Tauros were barely used).

But I see what you're saying. Even if they are reserves, why are the writers choosing the same pokemon over and over when they're available? Unfortunately, this is not new. This has happened since day 1. The writers choose certain pokemon to appear more often than others. I mean why did Ash have Kingler, Muk, and Tauros at the lab in Kanto when all he carried was 5 pokemon? Or why did Ash use Infernape 5 times out of the 8 gyms in Sinnoh? Or use Pikachu 6/8 gyms in Hoenn when Torkoal was only used once? There's a bunch of other examples from the past from not only Ash, but from other characters as well. I don't know if it's exactly laziness on the writers' parts. Because there is some factor of favoritism or at the very least, the writers prefer certain pokemon for certain purposes and storylines. For example, I don't think it's laziness for Infernape to be used as much as it was in Sinnoh. It had a story and the more screentime it had, the more substance that can be added to its overall story. Restating this again: this has been going on since Kanto, some pokemon will be favored, some will not. And when it comes to the reserves, unfortunately let's face it, they are treated how reserves are defined as: they're "not needed for immediate use but available if required."

Anyway this is going off track from what this thread is supposed to discuss so I'll stop here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    So, has the axew/scraggy/pansage/snivy/oshawott/palpitoad ship sailed yet?
    I'm guessing you mean evolution? Well possibly. I think the feeling of what DA! is supposed to be doesn't necessarily require evolutions. Although I do hope for last minute goodbye evos which are possible as they've done it before so I'm at least crossing my fingers for that in terms of at least Scraggy. But as said, they're a hope, not an expectation.

Switching gears with pokemon captures, I do hope that if we see TR in the new region that because Kalos isn't "new pokemon only" like the initial Unova was in the games, we can see their old pokemon again (or at least whatever correlates with the regional dex). At the very least bring back Wobbuffet. Personally, for me, that's one of the TR pokemon I miss the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K View Post
    Was that really the point though? I've always thought that it was because back then, there was an emphasis on not having any old pokemon for the first BW games and to mirror that, Ash's reserves would have to be Unova pokemon. With that said, Ash's reserves were treated as such but they've gotten better treatment than the last time Ash had more than one regional reserve in a region (which was Kanto, a time where Kingler, Muk, and Tauros were barely used).
    Why wouldn't it be the point, though? I mean why have all these options for characters, and only using a couple. Even movies include extras for their movies, so I don't see why the writers couldn't write interactable stories with the Pokemon that Ash had. Like Palpitoad getting lost with Oshawott, while Ash looks for them.

I just don't see them having Ash catch so much just for the sole purpose of mirroring Kanto. I thought it was primarily because of all the things they could do with those Pokemon, all the stories that included them.

I'm pretty sure an episode involving Oshawott and Palpitoad would be better than an episode just with Pikachu.

I mean why be lazy and write stories that only include Pikachu?

"Even if they are reserves, why are the writers choosing the same pokemon over and over when they're available? Unfortunately, this is not new. This has happened since day 1. The writers choose certain pokemon to appear more often than others. I mean why did Ash have Kingler, Muk, and Tauros at the lab in Kanto when all he carried was 5 pokemon? Or why did Ash use Infernape 5 times out of the 8 gyms in Sinnoh? Or use Pikachu 6/8 gyms in Hoenn when Torkoal was only used once? There's a bunch of other examples from the past from not only Ash, but from other characters as well. I don't know if it's exactly laziness on the writers' parts. Because there is some factor of favoritism or at the very least, the writers prefer certain pokemon for certain purposes and storylines.
    Except calling favoritism is just another form of calling it lazy. I mean in my fan fiction, which I can't access right now for technical reasons, the story was about a device (called a switch phone) that could freely and easily switch Pokemon on hand with Pokemon in storage anywhere, making it very easy to accept that a certain Pokemon popping up in an "episode" chapter, and the main character could easily catch 10-11 Pokemon within a generation. If my chapters are very small in comparison to episodes of the anime, and I can equally distribute the screentime of the Pokemon, while maybe showing favoritism to some Pokemon over the course of 200 chapters, I'm sure the writers can make it so Palpitoad shows up in 20 episodes of Best Wishes outside of a measly 8 (one is only a flashback).

I call it lazy when people don't want to put effort into something, so either you get the same old boring thing, or horrible product. I can understand being burnt out, but honestly if you're going to use the same Pokemon OVER AND OVER AND OVER, would it not be intelligent to have some variety in the stories to prevent being burnt out. So clearly being burnt is not a good excuse. You can't be so burnt of the same thing, and not actually think to use something different for a change.

And quite frankly why have Ash catch Pokemon at all if favortism is so involved. I mean what was the point of Ash catching Palpitoad. I mean I'm sure other Pokemon would've just worked as well, maybe Tepig could've worked, or maybe even Swadloon (ignoring the flame charge), or maybe actually have Ash catch Krookorok instead of Palpitoad. Or perhaps even Golett, so that when Ash uses it in the league against Stephan, he's completely screwed over. Seriously ever Pokemon of Ash's Unova team has done better than Palpitoad, I don't like to say it but Palpitoad was a needless as possible. Hell Krabby got more development. And Palpitoad a battle Pokemon hardly did all that well, and was underutilized completely. Just completely no point in the writers for screwing Palpitoad like that, and no reason.

Geez I think Ash should get Froakie just to make up for the horrible treatment of Palpitoad, because we all know it'll do better than Palpitoad since it is a starter.

For example, I don't think it's laziness for Infernape to be used as much as it was in Sinnoh. It had a story and the more screentime it had, the more substance that can be added to its overall story. Restating this again: this has been going on since Kanto, some pokemon will be favored, some will not.
    Be as that may that's still no reason to screw Torterra over in the process, Ash could've used Torterra against that girl with the Grumpig, but instead having a full 3 on 3, they copped out just to give the episode to Barry vs Paul, and so Snorlax who will never lose without winning against one Pokemon, had to get another not needed win, when Torterra could've used it, since it got jack. I especially disagreed with Pikachu's use against the Ditto trainer, especially since Ash did use Infernape.

And when it comes to the reserves, unfortunately let's face it, they are treated how reserves are defined as: they're "not needed for immediate use but available if required
    Which translates into the anime, when we have no other choice let's use a reserve, even if it means said Pokemon gets horribly screwed over in the process.

Anyway this is going off track from what this thread is supposed to discuss so I'll stop here.
    Since when does rotation have nothing to do with captures? If you can't having a meaningful discussion about how rotation was handled in a capture thread, which is mostly people posting lists, then I'm losing faith in humanity. Oh wait, never mind, I already lost most faith in humanity, I don't think rotation being a banned topic in a capture thread is somehow going to make lose any less faith in humanity. That would require something more extreme.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 29th June 2013 at 5:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    If the gang were to catch anything, I'd recommend:
    Iris- an ice type(to face her fear) or another dragon
    Ash- a type he doesn't possess(ghost, psychic, steel, [fairy]) or a pokemon for gen 6 evolution
    Cilan- purrloin (plot, fighting fear, backstory) or a flying type to add to his variety
    I agree 100% with this. Maybe Cilan can get a Gogoat (wild thought, but think about it...) I mean, if he had one, he could travel the world and it could be the Anime's way of saying goodbye to him, to introduce the new Cilan of the region!

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Except with Palpitoad...they totally missed it with him. No group appearances? That's just awful
    The point wasn't to give them equal appearances, I told you guys at the start of the series, the starters would get priority, rotation or not.

Palpitoad, should have appeared in one or two episode but like I said, the point was to give him more pokemon to use in battle, diversity.

-----

Dman I'm not going to make a big post but no, once again the point was what I mentioned nothing else, that big family argument makes no sense.

Also it has nothing to do with lazyness, if they want to use Oshawott in an episode instead of Palpitoad, we know why Oshawott was used, it has nothing to do with being lazy but sure keep not being able to interpret basic stuff.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 29th June 2013 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sylveon_ View Post
    I agree 100% with this. Maybe Cilan can get a Gogoat (wild thought, but think about it...) I mean, if he had one, he could travel the world and it could be the Anime's way of saying goodbye to him, to introduce the new Cilan of the region!
    not with Alexa having one. Since she's travelling with the group to kanto and presumably to the end of best wishes (if people are right about her taking Ash to Kalos) I don't see anyone getting the same as her for now.

the point was to give him more pokemon to use in battle, diversity.
    No it's not, you can't argue this when Ash constantly used the same Pokemon over and over again. Barely ever using anything else.

There is no point in variety when you never use said variety.

It's like having 500 different flavors of ice cream in your freezer, but you constantly eat only one or two or three, always going to the store and getting those flavors that you constantly eat.

Just because once every 6 months, you might eat one of the other flavors, doesn't make the variety argument make any sense. It's inconsequential to the point of having variety if you rarely use said option.

that big family argument makes no sense.
    No, you just didn't get my point. Interactions and dynamics of characters have more variety the bigger the main cast.

You can have more adventures, more stories with more characters. It gets boring to have the same old same old. Why do you think most shows that exist, at least show someone new almost every episode, in some fashion or another.

In terms of Pokemon, it would be like having a family and you have a child, that's only seen once every 40 episodes. That's bad.

Also it has nothing to do with lazyness, if they want to use Oshawott in an episode instead of Palpitoad, we know why Oshawott was used, it has nothing to do with being lazy but sure keep not being able to interpret basic stuff.
    You people are just never going to get it.

You people just understand the concept of laziness.

Laziness- is a disinclination to activity or exertion despite having the ability to do so.

The writers have the ability to actually use other Pokemon, they just choose not to, only choosing something which normally would be considered lazy if it was anything else, or any other show.

Oh but I forgot, Pokemon has such top notch writing, it could never be considered lazy.

And I already explained why showing Palpitoad isn't hurting anyone or anything other than the writers having to put more effort into writing a script to include Palpitoad.

The point is simple, if there is something that requires you to put some effort you are capable of doing, and you choose not to. That is the very definition of lazy.

But no, fine, apparently the writers are incapable of using Palpitoad because they apparently don't have the mentality to do it going by your logic, then all those episodes that had put Palpitoad in an episode, must've been guest writers only writing one episode, and they did have the mentality and strength and capability of putting Palpitoad in an episode.

Seriously again, 10-15 minutes of screentime for Oshawott is not going to be affected by 1-5 minutes of Palpitoad or there lack of.

Because of you are going to argue money, well I'm pretty sure all the Palpitoad merchandise costs exactly the same thing as the Oshawott equivalent merchandise, and even then, only petty people would stop buying merchandise because some other Pokemon showed up in the same exact episode.

Gogoat I would love it if Cilon had that

When the series first started out I thought okay when is Iris going to catch Torchic figuring it would be a great Pokémon for her. It's anti-Georgia it's adorable and I thought I could be anime representation of dreamworld abilities, it doesn't seem like it will come to pass.

as previously stated I also wanted to catch Joltik, and

Spoiler:- white 2 :
    Last edited by Chaos Werewolf; 29th June 2013 at 2:14 PM.

The point wasn't to give them equal appearances, I told you guys at the start of the series, the starters would get priority, rotation or not.

Palpitoad, should have appeared in one or two episode but like I said, the point was to give him more pokemon to use in battle, diversity.

-----

Dman I'm not going to make a big post but no, once again the point was what I mentioned nothing else, that big family argument makes no sense.

The problem about being diverse in battles is that it doesn't translate to the anime from the games at all, even though generally most people don't use more than 6 pokemon in games anyway. Either way though, the majority of the anime isn't major battles, and is either filler or episodes of ash progressing to the league, and other stuff. This was the first saga with more battles than usual though with the don tournaments, but it still doesn't make a difference. Don't have ash randomly use palpitoad or boldore in battle if we never get to see it outside of that do any training or anything else.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I really want Satoshi to catch a Scatterbug, I could see Vivillon being like his Butterfree/Leavanny replacement and it may evolve sooner than most of his other Pokemon.

I know Vivillon kinda girly but others also want him to catch a female Fennekin, what do guys think?

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    I really want Satoshi to catch a Scatterbug, I could see Vivillon being like his Butterfree/Leavanny replacement and it may evolve sooner than most of his other Pokemon.

I know Vivillon kinda girly but others also want him to catch a female Fennekin, what do guys think?
    They may avoid giving him the regional fire type starter if they want him to end up with a talonflame.

Page 637 of 694 FirstFirst ... 537587627633634635636637638639640641647687 ... LastLast