Page 639 of 694 FirstFirst ... 539589629635636637638639640641642643649689 ... LastLast
Results 15,951 to 15,975 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    If Ash gets Fennekin and it ends up turning Fire/Psychic I bet the writers will treat it strictly as a Fire type but not giving it Psychic type moves like Scraggy.
    Yeah I mean I thought the writers/story makers were getting better at acknowledging secondary types, until they they away crunch for krookodile, then I lost it
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Quote Originally Posted by JoaquinLorie View Post
    Actually Fennekin can learn psychic, so it is very possible that its evolutions are Fire/Psychic
    By that logic, Vulpix should have evolved into a Fire/Psychic type too. Really, I think people are reaching with this argument. Many Pokemon can learn Psychic-type moves, but that doesn't mean that they all evolve into Psychic-types themselves. I'm all for diversity in Ash's team, but there's nothing that points to Fennekin evolving into a Psychic-type imo.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Anyone can change bulbapedia.
    Brb, gonna edit Oshawott's page.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    By that logic, Vulpix should have evolved into a Fire/Psychic type too. Really, I think people are reaching with this argument. Many Pokemon can learn Psychic-type moves, but that doesn't mean that they all evolve into Psychic-types themselves. I'm all for diversity in Ash's team, but there's nothing that points to Fennekin evolving into a Psychic-type imo.
    Thank you.

Chespin can learn Rollout, it doesn't mean it will be a Rock-Type.
    Froakie can learn Bounce, it doesn't mean it will be a Flying-Type. Piplup could use Peck. Turtwig, Bite, Oshawott, Fury Cutter, Tepig, Smog, Treecko Pursiot, etc.

Random : PokéRadar

Octillery should be part fire since it learns flamethrower.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

With XY nearing, and after more time looking at the pokemon we've seen so far, here's my current guesses/hopes for Ash.

Now I hope he has one or two starters. I'm always a fan to see Ash with the less obvious choice for pokemon that fill his type quota. Additionally, I'd like to focus on 6 pokemon. The consistency of it just appeals to me more even though I wouldn't mind rotation. So with all that said (and knowing that there are pokemon we haven't seen yet that may work):

If Ash gets Froakie:
    - Pikachu
    - Froakie
    - Talonflame
    - Unseen grass pokemon (perhaps dual typed with something new depending on the game)
    - Pancham
    - Unseen wildcard (maybe dual typed ground with something new depending on the game)

If Ash gets Chespin
    - Pikachu
    - Chespin
    - Talonflame
    - Clauncher
    - Pancham
    - Unseen wildcard

If Ash gets Fennekin:
    - Pikachu
    - Fennekin
    - Clauncher
    - Unseen grass (maybe dual typed with flying)
    - Pancham
    - If Noivern is not an option...unseen wildcard (non-normal type dual typed with flying if Ash has no grass/flying)

If Ash gets both, I'd prefer Chespin and Froakie:
    - Pikachu
    - Chespin
    - Froakie
    - Talonflame
    - Pancham
    - Unseen wildcard (dual typed with two types Ash hasn't had yet)

Note: We haven't seen all evolutions, that'll heavily play a role in some of these pokemon choices for my speculation.

Brb, gonna edit Oshawott's page.
    I said it is posible, i know a lot of pokemon can learn moves different to their type, but for a pokemon to learn a psychic type without being ghost or psycic is harder, so it's just a possibility, which would be cool since now we get all fire starters with a fire/fighting type.

Using inverse logic, is equally flawed logic.

You can't use logic inversely to counter argue someone's logic, because that has just as many flaws.

Azurill can learn water gun, and evolves into a water type.
    Phanpy can learn rollout but does not evolve into a Rock type.

Unfortunately the ONLY argument that can be used is learning moves do not necessarily mean anything. They could mean something...or they can mean nothing.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I wonder if Ash getting Talonflame would affect him getting Fennekin do you think the writers would give him both?

I wonder if Ash getting Talonflame would affect him getting Fennekin do you think the writers would give him both?
    Yes, why not he has a lot of pokemon from the same type this region, a bird wont figth like a fox, even though they have the same typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Yes, why not he has a lot of pokemon from the same type this region, a bird wont figth like a fox, even though they have the same typing.
    Exactly, just like Torterra, Gliscor and Gible fight in different ways. I don't really mind him getting two Fire-types.
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 30th June 2013 at 8:44 PM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Tbqh I want Talonflame to be both the main flier and the main fire type even though it sounds unlikely. I think it would certainly be a more interesting approach and it would mean that it wouldn't get neglected like most of his other birds.

Another possibility I would like is having Talonflame focusing on physical fire attacks while his other fire type focuses on special moves.

Well which one is more marketable: the supposed regional bird Pokemon, or the fabulous, elegant, graceful Fire Starter who has stolen the hearts of millions worldwide? I'm only here for Fennekin. I just don't see the point in Ash having two Fire-types when he could have one that's already super popular, and imo the writers will probably agree since they're the ones who put so much focus on marketability. Fennekin just has more potential imo. And eek @ Bambietta's face. That looks like my reaction to the latest XY news. :P

I would love it if Ash has both Flametalon and Fennekin. My choices for his starters would be Fennekin and Froakie.
    Give Chespin to another main character

I literally hope Ash doesn't capture Fennekin, the Pokemon itself is the least appealing of the Kalos starter. Froakie hopefully goes to Ash and Chespin to Shauna if she decides to travel with Ash. Fennekin should be caught by Serena, the chick I hope can rival Ash in XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I literally hope Ash doesn't capture Fennekin, the Pokemon itself is the least appealing of the Kalos starter.
    And that's your opinion because Fennekin is the most appealing starter to ME.

Fennekin should be caught by Serena, the chick I hope can rival Ash in XY.
    You have no room to argue in regards to patterns on this one, since this isn't a pattern, it's pretty freaking obvious.

All three starters WILL be on the main cast. A rival does not count.

Well which one is more marketable: the supposed regional bird Pokemon, or the fabulous, elegant, graceful Fire Starter who has stolen the hearts of millions worldwide? I'm only here for Fennekin. I just don't see the point in Ash having two Fire-types when he could have one that's already super popular, and imo the writers will probably agree since they're the ones who put so much focus on marketability.
    Talonflame and Fennekin are two entirely different Pokemon however. They do not fight the same, and outside of possibly learning heatwave, I cannot see Talonflame having special ranged fire attacks like Fennekin.

Plus Talonflame will most likely be treated like a flying type since Fletchling isn't a fire type but evolves into one.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 30th June 2013 at 9:01 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I think Fennekin will go tot he new girl whether it's Serena or Shauna. Fletchling can still learn Flame Charge which will cover Ash for a while until it fully evolves into Talonflame.

I wonder if Ash getting Talonflame would affect him getting Fennekin
    No, because having Oshawott and Snivy didn't prevent Ash from getting Palpitoad and Leavanny.

Besides I think it's time a region, Ash has 2 fire types.

In total Ash had three water types in Kanto.

And two more in Unova.

And he's had 2 grass types in Unova.

So Ash has had more Water Pokemon than either grass or fire. And he's had one more grass Pokemon more than fire.

I think it's time fire catches up. And it would make up for all those past generation limitations of not having a lot of fire types to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    No, because having Oshawott and Snivy didn't prevent Ash from getting Palpitoad and Leavanny.

Besides I think it's time a region, Ash has 2 fire types.

In total Ash had three water types in Kanto.

And two more in Unova.

And he's had 2 grass types in Unova.

So Ash has had more Water Pokemon than either grass or fire. And he's had one more grass Pokemon more than fire.

I think it's time fire catches up. And it would make up for all those past generation limitations of not having a lot of fire types to work with.
    Numbers don't mean anything when the fire types that he has had, have had a lot of importance in his team. Most of the time they are the best treated Pokemon of the Grass-Fire-Water trio.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Numbers don't mean anything when the fire types that he has had, have had a lot of importance in his team. Most of the time they are the best treated Pokemon of the Grass-Fire-Water trio.
    Not really what I was arguing.

I wasn't arguing lack of quality, I was arguing Ash should have more fire type options.

Besides...Torkoal.

And that's your opinion because Fennekin is the most appealing starter to ME.
    I think it's fairly obvious anything anyone says is their opinion.

You have no room to argue in regards to patterns on this one, since this isn't a pattern, it's pretty freaking obvious.

You think that, it's not confirmed. There's a difference between thinking it's probable and selling it as fact.

I hope Ash gets all the starters again and a total of 10 others which means he has two teams with Pikachu. This time it needs to be done right though, fully evolved starters and the others are used a lot and evolved.

I think it's fairly obvious anything anyone says is their opinion.

You think that, it's not confirmed. There's a difference between thinking it's probable and selling it as fact.

In what universe, does the Pokemon Company not want to make money?

Hmmm...I think Ash will travel with Shauna,Tierno and Trevor.This way,three of them could share a starter.

I'd also like for one of them to specialize in a different battle system...like Shauna could only do Sky battles and Trevor could only participate in...I dunno...Triple Battle tournaments.And Tierno...well...he should dance---and maybe have a crush on Shauna.

In what universe, does the Pokemon Company not want to make money?
    I never stated that, you said:

Which is not confirmed.

I never stated that, you said:

Which is not confirmed.
    How stupid do you think the writers are? Or even the anime producers?

All of the starters have shown up in more episodes than a Rival has ever had.

If you honestly think that it is a good business plan to piss on one of the starters in terms of marketing you are seriously fooling yourself in a bad way.

No rival has ever shown up in every episode to show off his/her starter, and even then a rival isn't going to show up conveniently when they want to show off that other starter.

There is a freaking reason why all the starters have been on the main cast SINCE generation one. It's a pretty obvious reason. And they aren't suddenly going to screw over a starter now.

If you can't see that I'm sorry.

But the very fact that they are starters is enough fact that they will be at least spread among the main cast, if not given all to Ash.

I have no idea why you honestly think there's even a remote chance that they would make a poor business decision and make it so one starter is only seen once every 10-15 episodes.

Page 639 of 694 FirstFirst ... 539589629635636637638639640641642643649689 ... LastLast