Page 641 of 694 FirstFirst ... 541591631637638639640641642643644645651691 ... LastLast
Results 16,001 to 16,025 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

As long as the Starters all get decent or even excellent development I don't care who they all go to in the main cast. I don't want one of them to get treated any different. :/

Ash Should get Fennekin and Chespin

Maybe if Froakie goes to the older cook dude of gen 6 it might evolve like Mudkip did.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I'm making a case against Ash getting all of the starters since there seems to be some sort of misconception around here that they'd only get significant screentime with Ash. If Unova has taught us anything it's that we should not believe that would be the case.

At all.

I think one going to a Paul-like Rival can work. In fact, I only think Ash got Chimchar because there was literally no other option for him in Sinnoh.

What about Eevee which is stupid-popular and used extensively in marketing?

And is sometimes a Starter in Spinoffs and Yellow.
    May had an Eevee, we're talking about members of the main cast. (Ash, Misty, Brock, Jessie, James, Tracey, May, Dawn, Iris, and Cilan.
    C+ Grade PASBL Ref

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    I've been gone from Serebii for over 4 months already and this is by far the best team to grace the barren wastelands of Serebii's Competitive section. Let its creation be known throughout the land. Kings will hold grand feasts to commemorate its conception. All wars will end. The eyes of children will finally be opened to the truth of MMS.
    Creds for the cute ub to my bby Turpoo <3

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I don't want one of them to get treated any different. :/
    And this is why they'll never make is so the starters are not all on the main cast.

Starters on the main cast, will get screwed over in some way, that's just how it is.

But they'll be even more screwed over.

I mean Chimchar only showed up in 7 episodes under Paul over the course of 50 episodes.

That is just not acceptable, in any reasonable terms. Like I said, it would stupid, for any one starter Pokemon to go to a rival character, who will only show up once every 10-15 episodes, depending on the story.

I don't know why anyone thinks it makes any remote sense, to make it so a rival has a starter Pokemon, and said Pokemon gets the least marketing.

And how are they going to know which starter to screw over, what if Fennekin had it been on the main cast would received more merchandise sold, than Froakie/Chespin which are actually on the main cast. Something like that is why it would a stupid business plan to not include all of them on the main cast.

It's pretty much guaranteed one of them is going to be horribly screwed over, better to be screwed over on the main cast, and under Ash, then to never properly be used when on the main cast.

Sure, I get that Blaziken and Piplup are exceptions, however keep in mind both May and Dawn had goals, and said Pokemon were their starters, CLEARLY they are going to be fine.

But Brock and Mudkip was not a good choice, which means at the very least, Ash should have two and always two if not three. Since I prefer traveling companions have their own Pokemon and not piggybacking on the starters especially if they are caught and not their starter. It honestly doesn't make any sense for two people with starters to travel with Ash. It makes far more sense to choose people that have their own Pokemon. Kind of like Alexa and her Gogoat (assuming that was the only thing she had).

I want Ash (if he only gets two) to get a non grass starter Pokemon for once like Buizel, or even Torkoal, or Corphish. And give Ash Froakie and Fennekin. Then next generation Ash can get the water and grass starters.

But I like all three, and that's why I want Ash with them, and having them isn't going to prevent Ash from getting same type Pokemon.

He had three ground types throughout Sinnoh, and he had a lot of double types in Unova. So the writers clearly don't care, so there's no point in assuming just because Ash might get Fennekin that he also won't get Talonflame.

But then just the same, just because he might get Fennekin is no guarantee he will get Talonflame.

But Fennekin doesn't prevent it. Honestly the only reason why they may not give Ash Fletchling, is because it is apparently the regional bird, and they may want to give Ash an unorthodox flying type. Maybe Noivern's basic form, for example, which I assume will be part flying if not the same.

So maybe they want Ash with something like Noivern, instead of another bird Pokemon, maybe they want to try some variety of choices for Ash. But who knows, past 5 generations say he's getting Fletchling regardless. Shame Fletchling doesn't have alternate type split evolutions. Would be interesting to see Fletchling evolve into a Steel/Flying Pokemon or something like that.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

... since it " must " be the Main Cast (I still think it's silly) how about this for a change?

Ash gets one, the Female Lead gets the other, and Team Rocket get the one that's strong against Ash's. Team Rocket shows up enough, don't they?

If Team Rocket got a starter they'd probably give it to the boss right away as starters are meant to be rare.
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by shelldude400 View Post
    If Team Rocket got a starter they'd probably give it to the boss right away as starters are meant to be rare.
    Depends. Jessie might be stubborn and not want to give it up because of its cuteness and/or toughness. Possible example: Fennekin. Past example: Seviper and Smoochum

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Nintendo 3DS Touch Stylus
    1-Pikachu
    2-Chespin
    3-Fennekin
    4-Froakie
    5-Xerneas
    6-Yveltal

Netsuke Keychains
    1-Pikachu
    2-Chespin
    3-Fennekin
    4-Froakie
    5-Pokémon A
    3-Pokémon B

Both of these are for October.

Figurine(?) set for August 31st, featuring Pikachu, Charizard, Red Genesect, Genesect, Mewtwo, Sylveon, Eevee and a secret(Genesect's disk-like forme).

Mewtwo, Red Genesect and Sylveon puzzles for July 28th.

Pokémon Pikachu nanoblock for October 31st.

Edit: Made a mistake in the nanoblock's name.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 3rd July 2013 at 10:03 AM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Depends. Jessie might be stubborn and not want to give it up because of its cuteness and/or toughness. Possible example: Fennekin. Past example: Seviper and Smoochum
    I would love to see Chespin getting blasted off everyday

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Nintendo 3DS Touch Stylus
    1-Pikachu
    2-Chespin
    3-Fennekin
    4-Froakie
    5-Xerneas
    6-Yveltal

Netsuke Keychains
    1-Pikachu
    2-Chespin
    3-Fennekin
    4-Froakie
    5-Pokémon A
    3-Pokémon B

Both of these are for October.

Figurine(?) set for August 31st, featuring Pikachu, Charizard, Red Genesect, Genesect, Mewtwo, Sylveon, Eevee and a secret(Genesect's disk-like forme).

Mewtwo, Red Genesect and Sylveon puzzles for July 28th.

Pokémon nanoblock for October 31st.
    Is there really any point in those? That's all fairly clear, with the games/anime coming out soon.. I guess since there's only movie/6th gen merchandise out, nothing special may happen for now. :/

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    ... since it " must " be the Main Cast (I still think it's silly) how about this for a change?

Ash gets one, the Female Lead gets the other, and Team Rocket get the one that's strong against Ash's. Team Rocket shows up enough, don't they?

Giving Team Rocket a starter pokemon would piss off more than 95% of the fandom easily. Myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    Giving Team Rocket a starter pokemon would piss off more than 95% of the fandom easily. Myself included.
    But that would mean we would see it almost as often as Ash's starters and a great deal more than the third wheel's starter If he has one,

The idea of trio with a starter doesn't sound that unappealing. Especially if it was The more mischievous and goofy one of the starters.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    But that would mean we would see it almost as often as Ash's starters and a great deal more than the third wheel's starter If he has one,
    Not really. If it was like DP, imagine TR had Turtwig. It would appear often, so would Chimchar and so would Piplup

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Not really. If it was like DP, imagine TR had Turtwig. It would appear often, so would Chimchar and so would Piplup
    Yeah I'd rather them not get a starter
    Just don't feel like it would work out well
    I love TR but I just don't think it would work

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Yeah I'd rather them not get a starter
    Just don't feel like it would work out well
    I love TR but I just don't think it would work
    Yeah it probably wouldnt work well because TR doesnt battle that much and they lose 99% of the times. The only way I could see it work was if it replaced Wobbufett and would just say its name all the time.
    I hope Wobbuffett comes back...

What if their starter basically became A non-speaking meowth? Like always out with them and acted funny, but also was usually a lead in their Schemes?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I got no problem with TR getting a starter.

Way I reckon it is if there has to be another cutesy starter who refuses to evolve and loses a lot of battles, then better TR have it then Ash

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Yeah it probably wouldnt work well because TR doesnt battle that much and they lose 99% of the times. The only way I could see it work was if it replaced Wobbufett and would just say its name all the time.
    I hope Wobbuffett comes back...
    Yeah I loved wobbufett!!, it was so funny and I really liked how silly it was
    I really miss wobbufett, I hope Jessie takes it back from TR headquarters or something like they find it useless and Jessie has to take it back
    But then theirs the deal of who should she choose between her five pokemon to go to kalos with her because she will need to have at least one gen6 pokemon
    I guess the writers will pick what suit her character next series depending on what character/personality she takes on DP or BW ect....

____

Speaking of team rocket does anybody think skrelp fits James really well?
    Or is it just me?
    If he were to get it I wonder if it would work like Misty's golden flopping around or hop or float

____

And although I think it wouldnt work TR with a starter would be interesting
    Last edited by adamfitz; 2nd July 2013 at 3:53 PM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post

Way I reckon it is if there has to be another cutesy starter who refuses to evolve and loses a lot of battles, then better TR have it then Ash
    Yeah that's true, and honestly I wouldn't mind an unevolved starter in this gen because I like all of the first forms from these starters

I would stop watching the anime the second they captured the starter.

If it's like Hoenn then I'd want Ash with Froakie, Female companion with Fennekin, and the other guy with Chespin.
    I do think though that Ash will end up with at least two starters though. If the Female companion does get a starter, I'm 97% sure it'll be Fennekin, with 2% for Chespin and 1% for Froakie lolz
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Jessie did want to catch Snivy at the beginning of BW. She didn't know it was a starter, but she wanted to catch it nonetheless. I don't really see either Jessie or James catching any of the Kalos starters, but I'm not against it by any means.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 9
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    Jessie did want to catch Snivy at the beginning of BW. She didn't know it was a starter, but she wanted to catch it nonetheless. I don't really see either Jessie or James catching any of the Kalos starters, but I'm not against it by any means.
    Because Snivy was a snake. Jessie has a fondness for snakes, but alas, a starter is a no-no.

That completely ruins their image. When has an evil organization ever owned a starter?

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    That completely ruins their image. When has an evil organization ever owned a starter?
    That's not the question to ask.

The question to ask is why would the writers associate one of the starters with the bad guys.

Just like, why would the writers associate one of the starters as least favorable and dumping it on a rival we will never see enough to do that starter justice.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 641 of 694 FirstFirst ... 541591631637638639640641642643644645651691 ... LastLast