Page 642 of 694 FirstFirst ... 542592632638639640641642643644645646652692 ... LastLast
Results 16,026 to 16,050 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

I don't see why people are question the fact that the starters will go to people on the main cast.

If the four friends started out the the same time, then,

Shauna - Fennekin
    Serena - Froakie
    Trevor - Chespin
    Tierno - Vanillite -He got there last-

then Ash can get Chespin and Froakie while Shauna travels with him with Fennekin. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I don't see why people are question the fact that the starters will go to people on the main cast.

Shauna - Fennekin
    Serena - Froakie
    Trevor - Chespin

then Ash can get Chespin and Froakie while Shauna travels with him with Fennekin. Problem solved.
    I get that Vanillite seems to be an important Pokemon in the starting town, and it is on his shirt, but I don't see the player character showing up at all in the anime. Odds are if they are going similar route with the games, it'll just be Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor.

Plus, if they all have starters as well as Callem and Serena, then I doubt Tierno would've been left out.

But it is true we don't know what Pokemon he has in the games, so he might not actually have a starter.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Vanillite is probably having a second evolution just for the sake of making the town more important.

And its new evolution shall be a floating, smirking ice bar.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Vanillite is probably having a second evolution just for the sake of making the town more important.

Or maybe GameFreak loves it's design soo much, that it must be placed everywhere.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Or the Vanillite design likely means nothing at all and is simply apart of Tierno's motif of being a chubby character because it's ice cream.

If Team Rocket got a starter they'd probably give it to the boss right away as starters are meant to be rare.
    They weren't exactly willing to part with their personal Pokemon until the organization forced them to do it entering Unova.

Every so often they try to go for a Pokemon that they intend to keep for themselves. Jessie and Pachirisu and James and Mime Jr. (which was a rare Pokemon at the time ).

Giving Team Rocket a starter pokemon would piss off more than 95% of the fandom easily. Myself included.
    It'd make me very happy, though.

And since they're Main Characters who appear in almost every episode they'll get the appearances they need, eh?

That completely ruins their image. When has an evil organization ever owned a starter?
    I don't see how it ruins their image anymore than Chimeho, Mime Jr., or Growlithe (the police dog).

The question to ask is why would the writers associate one of the starters with the bad guys.
    For the same reason they associate one with the Rival, I imagine. In any one playthrough at least one of the Starters will be associated with the Rival/Antaongist no matter which Starter you personally choose.

I want them to do something different this time. It's not too much to ask.

Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 3rd July 2013 at 11:07 AM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

What i think ash team gonna be

Pikachu
    Chespin
    Clauncher / Froakie / Oshawott<-hopefully not
    Fennekin/another XY Fire type or another pokemon ( if the female companion is a co-star)
    Fletchling
    A ghost / Steel / psychic XY pokemon
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Ash
    Pikachu
    Chespin or another Grass type
    Fletchling--the Fire type[upon evolution]---the fierce one,eager to battle,attacking before Ash gives a command.
    Froakie or Clauncher
    Pancham--as the mascot...the one that won't evolve---the naughty one.Playing pranks and everything.
    Sableye--the creepy one..similar to Glalie,Gliscor and Krookodile---Pancham's buddy.Being pranksters together.Although,Sableye has a weirder personality...just does weird stuff

I really wish Ash would just catch 5 pokemon for the most part of the XY series because I'm sick of his reserves being left out like in Best Wishes.

And I hope that with all the interesting characters from the game,there won't be a need for him to get all the 3 starters.One is enough.Two is acceptable,if there are no other options.But all three...boring---Because they'll get all the attention.
    Last edited by Nacreous; 3rd July 2013 at 12:54 PM.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

ash
    Pikachu
    fletchling
    grass
    froakie
    steel
    ghost
    psychic

Ya I know it is wishful thinking but I just want ash to get types he don't have and one starter and I thought since he doesn't have a fully evolved water starter it would be the best bet for me at least but if fennekin is a psychic type too I wouldn't mind he getting it

I kind of want to hold off on predicting too early until I see more of the Pokemon, but yeah. I'd accept him catching one of the three Starters and using other similarly typed Pokemon to fill in the gaps. I pretty much expect the Chipmunk (whatever it's name is) but would like to see Froakie. Fennekin's like Chikorita to me. It's femmine, so whether or not it gets a place on the roster depends on what it evolves into.

October Metal Collection featuring Pikachu, Meowth, Kalos Starters, Xerneas, Yveltal and Sylveon.
    Hah.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post

Shauna - Fennekin
    Serena - Froakie
    Trevor - Chespin

Shoot. I seriously need to learn which ones are which..
    - Shauna: Girl in pink, Rosa look a like?
    - Serena: Female PC?
    - Trevor: Ginger dude?
    - Tierno: Jolly dancing fellow?

I wonder, are all these characters necessary? We only got Bianca out of the four characters from Nuvema Town, well aside from that Cheren-episode in BWn.

Or are we going along with:
    - Shauna: Bianca-ditzy
    - Serena: Katie(AG)/Paul-competent
    - Trevor: Conway/Trip-smartmouth
    - Tierno: Morrison/Barry/Stephan/Cameron-like?

If so then I'd hope that Serena would get Fennekin, and keeps it.

Shauna: Whatever - Doesn't evolve
    Serena: Fennekin - Goes all the way
    Trevor: Froakie - Goes all the way
    Tierno: Chespin - Doesn't evolve

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I kind of want to hold off on predicting too early until I see more of the Pokemon, but yeah. I'd accept him catching one of the three Starters and using other similarly typed Pokemon to fill in the gaps. I pretty much expect the Chipmunk (whatever it's name is) but would like to see Froakie. Fennekin's like Chikorita to me. It's femmine, so whether or not it gets a place on the roster depends on what it evolves into.

Hah.
    Nothing more need to be said. Team Rocket for Kalos 99% confirmed.

About predictions, I think I was one of the first to bring it up, and now I do kinda want to hold off. I tried to make a good list, but the only thing that you can basically go for is:

- Pikachu
    - Talonflame/other bird?
    - Chespin/Gogoat
    - Froakie/Clauncher/Skrelp
    - Fennekin/Litleo/No Fire-type other then Talonflame?
    - Wildcards: Pancham/Noivern/Flabebe/Vivillon/Other-type speculation.

It's not at that point where you can discuss certain options. For instance, with this limited pool, it seems folly to suggest both Froakie and Clauncher, while on the other hand we had Squirtle and Kingler and Lapras in Kanto, and Oshawott and Palpitoad in Unova.

I'll just list my personal favorites:
    - Pikachu
    - Talonflame
    - Chespin - all out
    - Froakie - mid stage
    - Litleo - all out
    - Pancham
    - Skrelp - all out
    - Ground-type

Yes, doubling on Fire and Water - and perhaps Fighting.
    Last edited by Locormus; 4th July 2013 at 4:04 AM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    - Skrelp - all out
    I don't see Skrelp as a possibility because it can't battle on land, and I don't think there's going to be a believable amount of opportunities for Ash to use Skrelp.

Maybe if it evolves into some weird creature thing capable of battling on land, maybe it could be an option.

But if Ash is going to double up on water, Froakie and Clauncher (at this moment) seem like the most likely.

If not it'll be a water type we haven't seen.

And as for another poison type Pokemon, maybe we'll get a poison/steel Pokemon or something and Ash can get that but that's pure unnecessary/unneeded speculation.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't see Skrelp as a possibility because it can't battle on land, and I don't think there's going to be a believable amount of opportunities for Ash to use Skrelp.

Maybe if it evolves into some weird creature thing capable of battling on land, maybe it could be an option.

But if Ash is going to double up on water, Froakie and Clauncher (at this moment) seem like the most likely.

If not it'll be a water type we haven't seen.

And as for another poison type Pokemon, maybe we'll get a poison/steel Pokemon or something and Ash can get that but that's pure unnecessary/unneeded speculation.
    I hope Ash doesn't get Clauncher...poor Corphish and Kingler already compete enough for time

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    I hope Ash doesn't get Clauncher...poor Corphish and Kingler already compete enough for time
    If the rumor of it evolving into a water/electric Pokemon is true, I'm all for it. Of course it isn't going to evolve, but it might have electric type moves.

If the rumor of it evolving into a water/electric Pokemon is true, I'm all for it. Of course it isn't going to evolve, but it might have electric type moves.
    That's odd, how would a lobster crab thing get an electric typing? I'd be content with Froakie if it learns better moves than Bounce

That's odd, how would a lobster crab thing get an electric typing? I'd be content with Froakie if it learns better moves than Bounce
    Its a pistol shrimp, I'm thinking it migth become steel or fire type not electric, I don't see how it becomes electric either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Its a pistol shrimp, I'm thinking it migth become steel or fire type not electric, I don't see how it becomes electric either.
    Steel would make a lot of sense. In the same theme of Remoraid and Octillery with weapons, but actually having an indication in its appearance and attacks

sound +light + heat = Electric Type

But that's just my opinion

sound +light + heat = Electric Type

But that's just my opinion
    What?

So it wasn't a rumour?

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    What?
    A pistol shrimp can create a bubble that acts as a shock wave and in the process creates a very loud sound, a brief light, and heat that's close to the surface of the sun.

The snapping shrimp competes with much larger animals such as the sperm whale and beluga whale for the title of loudest animal in the sea. The animal snaps a specialized claw shut to create a cavitation bubble that generates acoustic pressures of up to 80 kPa at a distance of 4 cm from the claw. As it extends out from the claw, the bubble reaches speeds of 60 miles per hour (97 km/h) and releases a sound reaching 218 decibels. The pressure is strong enough to kill small fish.
    The snap can also produce sonoluminescence from the collapsing cavitation bubble. As it collapses, the cavitation bubble reaches temperatures of over 5,000 K (4,700 °C). In comparison, the surface temperature of the sun is estimated to be around 5,800 K (5,500 °C). The light is of lower intensity than the light produced by typical sonoluminescence and is not visible to the naked eye. It is most likely a by-product of the shock wave with no biological significance. However, it was the first known instance of an animal producing light by this effect.
    The snapping is used for hunting (hence the alternative name "pistol shrimp"), as well as for communication. When feeding, the shrimp usually lies in an obscured spot, such as a burrow. The shrimp then extends its antennae outwards to determine if any fish are passing by. Once it feels movement, the shrimp inches out of its hiding place, pulls back its claw, and releases a "shot" which stuns the prey; the shrimp then pulls it to the burrow and feeds.
    I think the sound part and communication part of of it edges it over to the electric type rather than a fire type, but again it's my opinion.

Which pokemon do you guys think the TRio would have in Kalos? Will they be getting their old Pokemon back by then?
    I'm currently working on a Pokemon fanfic titled "Sinnoh League - Bastion's Adventure". If you are interested, please give it a look!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8892264/...on-s-Adventure

Bastion's Current Team:

Lol I can't believe people actually believe random rumors about Clauncher's typing. I think its safe to say that its pure water type until its confirmed otherwise. Srsly tho I can't see him being an electric type.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty-Skitty View Post
    Srsly tho I can't see him being an electric type.
    Even if Clauncher did evolve into something that was Water/Electric, I think that would practically guarantee that Ash wouldn't catch it; the writers wouldn't want Ash to have two Electric-types as it would compromise Pikachu's position of power, and we can't have that happen. :P

Page 642 of 694 FirstFirst ... 542592632638639640641642643644645646652692 ... LastLast