Page 650 of 694 FirstFirst ... 550600640646647648649650651652653654660 ... LastLast
Results 16,226 to 16,250 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Huh... guess I've got FireRed and LeafGreen on my mind

If it's a Johto redux...wouldn't Chespin be the one to evolve? Otherwise it's not a redux
    Chikorira and fennekin are both quadrupedal, the other 2 can stand on their hind legs.

If anything, wouldn't unova be more of a johto redux in terms of ash's team and starters. Two starters don't evolve, one evolves once, and he gets a bunch of other pokemon....and basically none get huge development.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Gyarados is a Flying-type yet it's never on land.
    Wasn't Misty's Gyarados on land when it used its fire-type attack? It may have been the episode her Togepi evolves and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovian View Post
    Wasn't Misty's Gyarados on land when it used its fire-type attack? It may have been the episode her Togepi evolves and leaves.
    Yea, that was it. And in Pokemon the Mirage Mastermind. Gyarados is one of a number of Water Pokemon able to battle on land.

From the Genesect movie thread. I post here because deals with merchandise. To answer the question , I will tell something from the games very suspecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronis
    This has been my main concern about Mewtwo's new form since its revelation. I have been following closely on the movie merchandise (as with every year), and I find it extremely odd that Mewtwo's new form did not appear as ANY merchandise at all while everything else gets flushed out. Sylveon gets figures (countless), stationery, mugs, socks and you name it, and even Genesect, in both of its colours, get an alarming amount of similarly-looking figures in every figure-line Pokemon has. For Mewtwo, it does get flushed out similarly but they are all in its original form. One would have thought that being one of the promotional characters (or design) of a movie would get the spotlight on movie merchandise, but no, for the weirdest reason, nobody dares to release anything pertaining to the new Mewtwo form. There is only 1 single Pokemon-center exclusive A4-size folder which depicts Red Genesect and the new Mewtwo side by side in space. But I don't really consider that proper management of a 'new' character, so to speak.

Before the release of the movie, I was hoping that they planned something different this year, and planned to shock fans by revealing information only in the movie itself, and thus they kept so much secrecy about the new Mewtwo form. Alas that didn't happen, and my hope that the new Mewtwo franchise would get flushed out once the movie is officially on is pretty much killed. To be fair we don't even know its official forme name and 'awakened forme' makes close to no sense at all since there really has not been any 'awakening' anywhere.

I simply think if you take a well known character and decide to give it a new twist, at least do it the proper way and give it the respect and love it deserves. I wonder if we'd ever get any merchandise of this new mewtwo now, seeing how even being in a movie doesn't give it the opportunity. Will see the movie myself next month but I'm already getting the fear that Mewtwo's forme change would be as random and senseless as Kyurem switching into its two formes.

Coronis~
    I aren't a expert of game thing (mainly because I don't play the games for some reason) but I think that the answer is also posted by PokeBeach (int hat case, it was in English; we can't get mistranslation).

Quote Originally Posted by E3 Roundtable
    Q - Can you import Pokemon from previous games?
    A - We are thinking of something. The DS and 3DS can't communicate, but we are working on it.
    For Diamond and POearl, compatibility was announced in May 2006, for Black and White it was announced in May 2010 with the Zoroark event.

We are in July 2013, we know 26 pokemon, the proffesor, evil team, 3 Gym Leaders, one rec character (because the anime), the rivals/friends of the early part of the game, the new fairy type, the pokemon amie feature, 3 cities, one forest, etc. This is higher than many games 3 months before release when we have 2 CoroCoro , a Nintendo Direct in August and a more than probable Pokemon Direct before release.

About thing we don't know, we don't know many details as usual that we aren't revealed. We don't know all the preńrelease pokemon, Team Flare main characters, other recuring characters, how Hidden Abilities will affect he game, the side quest (Contests/Musicalks successor... and the compatibility. Everything of what I posted is expected to happen late and there's time.

I think (because I aren't a game expert) that Nintendo Wifi Connection (DS) and Nintendo Network (3DS) are not compatible. Which makes a issue for transferring games between generation. I suspect that at the close of CoroCoro of July the 6th Gen games are incompatible with the 5th Gen games.

If that's true, that will explain the lack of Mewtwo forme merchandise. Or the lack of any Mewtwo form information for thast matter. Specially now when Fairy type was revealedl, Sylveon was confirmed to be one, and specially when we know Xerneas and Yveltal types and the cause of hiding (fairy type), there's no point to hide a fairy type pokemon... except that I think that Mewtwo forme is only Psychic.

The reason why the Mewtwo forme exists is because the movie had tobe planned so way in advance when the anime staff wasn't aware of 3S limitations. And they can't cancel the movie because there's a lot of money in play.

This also explains why the events hasn't been tied to X/Y yet. Because they can't. They are doing it because if they don't do the events, they lose money (like Team Flare).

GameFreak are trying until the last minute to know how the two system will communicate between each other. Probably, they will get the way to do it. But if the XY games were indeed incompatible with Gen V, Gamefreak woin't announce it.

To complicate more, there are various toys of the Kalos Starters and Xerneas/Yveltal, many of them related into the anime, for the month of October.

also, if you remembered, Ash was hiding in Gen V (the leaks don't count) and TV Tokyo made it that Best Wishes was a reboot with the silhouettes and later Iris and Cilan until Ash fought Darkrai.

But now they are revealing Ash first. Why? Because the franchise can't lose money and needs inmmediate advertising of the mascot of Pokemon.

Furthermore, unless you think that
    1) The Sayonara (a image that represents both Iris and Cilan's leaving) was misleading for one of the two characters in it. [Basically for Cilan]
    2) Or @Karczx rumors + I love Marine (with a lot of merchandise beforehand) + false return = return for XY series.

We are getting:
    Ash, Team Rocket (Meowth merchandise) and another unknown travelling companions. (The endless debate of Sana/Serena of the fandom)
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 13th July 2013 at 6:29 PM.

instead of fenniken ash can use torcoal in generation 6,as i think there can be evolution of torcoal a fire/steel type...............
    VS
    ...........SAMURAI............................. NINJA.......
    WHO WILL WIN.......?

Quote Originally Posted by harsh551 View Post
    instead of fenniken ash can use torcoal in generation 6,as i think there can be evolution of torcoal a fire/steel type...............
    Sorry but Fennekin >>>>>>>>> Torkoal.

Even if it would do Torkoal some good.

I still don't want Ash with Chespin, if he doesn't get the other two.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I'd like Ash to get, out of what we know so far..

Fletchling
    Froakie
    Litleo (Seriously can't wait to see this things evolution.. Flaming Mufasa anyone?)

..and that's about it. I'm undecided on Chespin because I don't really like the thing, but may like its evolutions. As for Fennekin, I love the thing, but I'm hoping for the female lead to have one, especially if its Shauna. That'd be like a double winner for me..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

I seriously hope Ash doesn't get Chespin. It should go to the new girl or Cilan if Iris is still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I seriously hope Ash doesn't get Chespin. It should go to the new girl or Cilan if Iris is still around.
    Well, If Cilan stays , Inkay matches for him, but for Iris; Noivern or Swirlix matches her (if she does not have any fears with Fairy). If Trip stays as rival, Vivillon or Helioptile matches for him , If Georgia stays as Rival, Flabebe or GArdevoir matches for her

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom

Quote Originally Posted by Airi-Chan View Post
    Well, If Cilan stays , Inkay matches for him, but for Iris; Noivern or Swirlix matches her (if she does not have any fears with Fairy). If Trip stays as rival, Vivillon or Helioptile matches for him , If Georgia stays as Rival, Flabebe or GArdevoir matches for her
    I'm still going to speculate on team changes for Iris and Cilan until their returning cameos (if they don't stay with Ash and do have any, kinda likely).

Yeah, I know Dawn got little to nothing and with May nothing only brief cameos but unlike them both Iris and Cilan don't have full teams yet just like Misty. So I'm guessing their returns will be something like that. I can Iris with Noivern and Cilan with any Fairy type Pokemon so far really lol.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Why are people talking about trip coming back as a rival? The only rival ever to even appear in a saga after the one originally in was gary, and he is obviously the exception. If paul didn't come back, trip definitely won't.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Why are people talking about trip coming back as a rival? The only rival ever to even appear in a saga after the one originally in was gary, and he is obviously the exception. If paul didn't come back, trip definitely won't.
    Trip has fans, and they want to be optimisitc about his return. Let them be. :3

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Trip has fans, and they want to be optimisitc about his return. Let them be. :3
    Just trying to not let them set themselves up for disapointment.

Named Admiral Sentret

Just trying to not let them set themselves up for disapointment.
    Well, their posts suggest they are not. They always add an 'if' unlike what we see in episode speculation threads. :x

<--My tumblr

\

You don't have any proof on that! :P Btw, since when is Best Wishes over with? I could totally see Paul returning out of nowhere not really but still.

So does anyone see Ash catching a Scatterbug for a Vivillon? Yes, I'm still hoping for it.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    So does anyone see Ash catching a Scatterbug for a Vivillon? Yes, I'm still hoping for it.
    I wouldn't mind him getting one considering that Ash only once did use those type of pokemon (i.e., Butterfree).

It would be good to see him utilize a pokemon like that after a long time.

Plus the fact that Ash never truly used Butterfree to its full potential before he released it and one of the factor for it is that its movepool was not great during the time of RGB.

But i fear that he won't get it especially since Vivillon is sort of a girly type pokemon (with pink colour & all) which might not go right with many young kids (though i won't mind it).

If a rival already has a lot of evolved Pokémon, you can kick them away into obscurity. Trip is never getting rid of his Serperior, which would be overkill in the first gyms.

Unless they're stupid enough to handicap themselves by starting from zero.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    If a rival already has a lot of evolved Pokémon, you can kick them away into obscurity. Trip is never getting rid of his Serperior, which would be overkill in the first gyms.

Unless they're stupid enough to handicap themselves by starting from zero.
    Unless they want Trip to be some kind of "8 badges by 20th episode or less" kind of guy, I'm pretty sure Trip will pull a Paul.

I mean why use a Pokemon against a gym leader you know is going to win? Where's the fun in that?

Paul didn't use Torterra, all the time, so I can't see why Trip would with Serperior.

Sure, sure, if not putting them into storage, he could at least keep it on him, but rarely uses, only when he needs to.

That's acceptable.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Unless they want Trip to be some kind of "8 badges by 20th episode or less" kind of guy, I'm pretty sure Trip will pull a Paul.

I mean why use a Pokemon against a gym leader you know is going to win? Where's the fun in that?

Paul didn't use Torterra, all the time, so I can't see why Trip would with Serperior.

Sure, sure, if not putting them into storage, he could at least keep it on him, but rarely uses, only when he needs to.

That's acceptable.
    But... It's basic stuff to use your strongest Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    But... It's basic stuff to use your strongest Pokémon.
    Basic? Maybe.

But Advanced? No.

It is far more intelligent to have a bunch of equal Pokemon at a lower level, than it is to have a single Pokemon at a high level. Because if your opponent takes out your strongest, with just their first Pokemon, then it's going to be easy pickings for your other lowered Pokemon and then you lose.

Last resorts exist for a reason. You don't use your last resort unless you really need/want to win, but you don't blow it by using it all the time or in the first round. So it would be best to use weaker Pokemon, and then get them more powerful.

But like I said, if they want Trip already having 8 badges by "episode X" then so be it. But I can't see how that would make a good rivalry, if Trip was sweeping Ash's Kalos Pokemon, like they were nothing (with the exception of *sigh* Pikachu)

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Basic? Maybe.

But Advanced? No.

It is far more intelligent to have a bunch of equal Pokemon at a lower level, than it is to have a single Pokemon at a high level. Because if your opponent takes out your strongest, with just their first Pokemon, then it's going to be easy pickings for your other lowered Pokemon and then you lose.

Last resorts exist for a reason. You don't use your last resort unless you really need/want to win, but you don't blow it by using it all the time or in the first round. So it would be best to use weaker Pokemon, and then get them more powerful.

But like I said, if they want Trip already having 8 badges by "episode X" then so be it. But I can't see how that would make a good rivalry, if Trip was sweeping Ash's Kalos Pokemon, like they were nothing (with the exception of *sigh* Pikachu)
    If you have 1 level 30 pokemon and 5 level 1 pokemon, then the odds of you losing to the first gym leader are non existent barring random stuff like countersashing and FEAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    If you have 1 level 30 pokemon and 5 level 1 pokemon, then the odds of you losing to the first gym leader are non existent barring random stuff like countersashing and FEAR.
    But winning against a Gym Leader isn't your ultimate goal. It's to beat the league. There will be people smart enough/lucky enough to beat your overleveled starter. So you are better of training all your Pokemon.

<--My tumblr

\

I can see Trip pulling a Paul and sweeping through gyms but with Paul he semi handicapped himself by using Pokemon like Elekid and Chimchar at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    Maybe but if you have 1 level 50 Pikachu, and 5 level 10 other Pokemon, and you go up against a level 40 Golurk with Earthquake, you are screwed.

If you have 6 Pokemon between the levels of 30-40, then you might be able to beat the trainer with Golurk and his/her other Pokemon.

In-game it depends entirely on level. Because it's so hard to level up in 5th gen, I had to beat the elite four including Black 2 on the principle of whole bunch of HP restoring items (like full restores), and revives, and had to wait until Iris's Haxorus ran out of PP in certain moves to win. Can't imagine the hell I would be in, if I had Ash's Pikachu and I was against Iris's "Golurk" with my other Pokemon being severely under leveled.

In the anime it's about experience and stuff. A really experienced trainer, tries to balance his Pokemon, so that a combination of things, might be able to beat a trainer. Not the uber strength of one Pokemon.

Page 650 of 694 FirstFirst ... 550600640646647648649650651652653654660 ... LastLast