Page 653 of 694 FirstFirst ... 553603643649650651652653654655656657663 ... LastLast
Results 16,301 to 16,325 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Rovian View Post
    The other attacks known by Ash's Pikachu had reasons to stay.

Thunderbolt - Used since Kanto, it has become his signature attack.
    Quick-Attack - Using speed is a part of Ash's battling style.
    Iron Tail - This allows Pikachu to battle rock-types.
    Volt Tackle - Another electric-type attack.
    The irony of Iron Tail is Electric attacks are neutral against Rock types...and despite being useful against Rock/Ground, Brick Break would have been far more appropriate to teach Pikachu as it's weakness to Steel/Ground is quite drastic.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    The irony of Iron Tail is Electric attacks are neutral against Rock types...and despite being useful against Rock/Ground, Brick Break would have been far more appropriate to teach Pikachu as it's weakness to Steel/Ground is quite drastic.
    The writers probably chose Iron tail so Pikachu could use his tail.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyPokemon inc. View Post
    The writers probably chose Iron tail so Pikachu could use his tail.
    I have a feeling that it would use Brick Break with its tail too. Its hard to imagine those tiny hands breaking anything. But that doesn't really matter, they aren't replacing Iron Tail with anything anytime soon. I think it is among their favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    I have a feeling that it would use Brick Break with its tail too. Its hard to imagine those tiny hands breaking anything. But that doesn't really matter, they aren't replacing Iron Tail with anything anytime soon. I think it is among their favorites.
    Especially with the possibility that Steel type attacks may turn out to be SE against Fairy type.

Another thing, Clay's Palpitoad used Rock Smash with its tail. If it could do that with its tail then even Pikachu could have done it.

I really wish Volt Tackle would return. I don't like Electro Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Honestly, Brick Break would have been a better choice since it was introduced in Gen III. But then I'm not really sure how they could have done that sub plot about Pikachu's tail not turning to iron at first causing the battle to be a bit more complicated than tail spamming

Maybe they'll make a better tail move in the future? It'd be odd to say bye to Iron Tail though...

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Honestly, Brick Break would have been a better choice since it was introduced in Gen III. But then I'm not really sure how they could have done that sub plot about Pikachu's tail not turning to iron at first causing the battle to be a bit more complicated than tail spamming

Maybe they'll make a better tail move in the future? It'd be odd to say bye to Iron Tail though...
    I like iron tail
    But not big on the animation for it, just a little to chunky solid for me
    I know its iron and all but something a little less bold
    Maybe like pikachu's tail glows Grey and shimmers maybe even sparks into solid upon contact

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I really wish Volt Tackle would return. I don't like Electro Ball.
    That would be great, but them going back to an old move doesn't seem that likely to happen. They'll most likely replace Electro Ball with a Generation 6 move. But, what do I know? They could do anything with Pikachu's moveset.

I was still hoping for extremespeed after that extremespeed Pikachu event
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

In all honesty, I'm kinda bored of Pikachu. I think a brilliant new move or even two is needed this gen to keep him interesting after 15 years.

1. Thunderbolt
    2. Iron tail
    3. New move
    4. New move

I reckon it's about time Quick Attack was replaced. I don't think it's such a signature move that it will really be all that missed, and there are plenty of other moves that would be better both in terms of attack damage and also visually to look at on screen.
    Team 1
    Team 2
    Team 3

Quote Originally Posted by jake279 View Post
    In all honesty, I'm kinda bored of Pikachu. I think a brilliant new move or even two is needed this gen to keep him interesting after 15 years.

1. Thunderbolt
    2. Iron tail
    3. New move
    4. New move

I reckon it's about time Quick Attack was replaced. I don't think it's such a signature move that it will really be all that missed, and there are plenty of other moves that would be better both in terms of attack damage and also visually to look at on screen.
    I would have liked if Quick Attack was replaced by Extremespeed or something, but that didn't happen and like Thunderbolt, Quick Attack will most likely be there for a good time since it helps Pikachu dodge and gain speed.

Well, whatever move Pikachu might get, lets just hope it isn't Parabolic Charge. That seemed too weak in my opinion.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Well, whatever move Pikachu might get, lets just hope it isn't Parabolic Charge. That seemed too weak in my opinion.
    If it replaces Electro Ball I wouldn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    The closest Ash has ever gotten to an HP Drain=Regain move is Leech Seed, which didn't help Bulbasaur recover at all. So Parabolic Charge is unlikely anyway
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

The closest Ash has ever gotten to an HP Drain=Regain move is Leech Seed, which didn't help Bulbasaur recover at all. So Parabolic Charge is unlikely anyway
    Leech Seed is an odd case. It has never be shown to recover the energy of the Pokemon who used that. Drain Punch, on the other hand, was shown to restore health.

Anyway, I don't see Pikachu learning Parabolic Charge but I'm all for him learning some new attack.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

Maybe whatever grass type pokemon ash gets can learn giga drain.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Maybe whatever grass type pokemon ash gets can learn giga drain.
    Would be nice but since all of his Pokemon (grass Pokemon) can learn giga drain and they have yet to give that move to any of his Pokemon, I don't see it as likely.

I think we're lucky that Ash Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra even had synthesis.

Even if it was never used properly.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Would be nice but since all of his Pokemon (grass Pokemon) can learn giga drain and they have yet to give that move to any of his Pokemon, I don't see it as likely.

I think we're lucky that Ash Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra even had synthesis.

Even if it was never used properly.
    I'm surprised anyone ever let Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra recover, minus the one time Paul wasn't messing around. What even weirder is Ash could have used a Rock Climb variation to have Torterra surround the opponent with those Rock Mountains and then use Synthesis, just like Brandon did with Regice and Rest

I'm surprised anyone ever let Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra recover, minus the one time Paul wasn't messing around. What even weirder is Ash could have used a Rock Climb variation to have Torterra surround the opponent with those Rock Mountains and then use Synthesis, just like Brandon did with Regice and Rest
    That would have been cool. Besides swallowing Energy Ball as a Grotle the writers never did anything to modify Torterra's moves. I mean if Infernape can use Flare Blitz underground and Buizel can use an Ice Aqua Jet why can't Torterra modify his moves like making a Rock Climb cavern and then launch energy balls through the caverns. That would definitely help in battles.
    My Pokemon Teams
    Pokemon Platinum Version

Pokemon Black Version 2

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud to be one if you are one too paste this in your signature

That would have been cool. Besides swallowing Energy Ball as a Grotle the writers never did anything to modify Torterra's moves. I mean if Infernape can use Flare Blitz underground and Buizel can use an Ice Aqua Jet why can't Torterra modify his moves like making a Rock Climb cavern and then launch energy balls through the caverns. That would definitely help in battles.
    Because Ash isn't allowed to have non-mobile defensive Pokemon... heck even Muk and Snorlax moved quite a bit.

Grotle "swallowing" energy ball was nothing but a contest ploy for Dawn to steal. Since Ash stole "counter shield" from Dawn.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

If Ash were to take another Pokemon besides Pikachu, I am hoping for either Scraggy or Gible. To me, they need development and being in the basic stage helps. Gible would be interesting due to it being suddenly weak to Fairy and Ash having to plan accordingly while knowing little about the new type.

Gible would be the worst choice to bring. You know it would never evolve, and besides that it would just end up being goofy while occasionally having a battle where it lands some attacks.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Honestly the only team change left this season with a possibility is Pansage evolving unless the writers throw in some last minute miracle. This is why Ash only needs one starter to whiz like this doesn't happen.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Honestly the only team change left this season with a possibility is Pansage evolving unless the writers throw in some last minute miracle. This is why Ash only needs one starter to whiz like this doesn't happen.
    Yeah that's true, maybe if he only got tepig it woulda been an emboar by now.

Page 653 of 694 FirstFirst ... 553603643649650651652653654655656657663 ... LastLast