Page 664 of 694 FirstFirst ... 564614654660661662663664665666667668674 ... LastLast
Results 16,576 to 16,600 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

  1. #16576
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Here are my wishes/predictions regarding Ash's Kalos team:

    1. Pikachu
    2. Froakie
    3. Skiddo/Gogoat or Chespin
    4. Fletchling/Talonflame
    5. Pancham

    (the reason I didn't pick Fennekin is because I'd rather have Talonflame take the role of Ash's fire type, if possible) :/

    Pikachu is a given.

    Froakie already looks so different from Oshawott (judging by the only trailer we've got) which gives me hope that if Ash gets one (fingers crossed for the one from the trailer), it could actually evolve and win some battles instead of serving as a comic relief character.

    I'd love to see Skiddo/Gogoat with Ash as I find it fits him well. Chespin could also happen since Ash always gets at least 2 starters in which case those would be Froakie and Chespin. Ash always gets the regional bird but this time around I'm super excited for him to get Fletchling/Talonflame due to its unique typing and amazing appearance. As long as it's treated better than Unfezant, I'll be happy.

    And lastly, Pancham, I don't know - it just seems the type that would fit Ash - I could definitely see it at least in the group. I mean, it's cute and yet cool at the same time, while Pangoro is simply amazing.
    Mmmh, that's quite nice, but you see, I think differently (of course, we cannot have all the same thoughts). This what I expect to see from now on.

    1. Pikachu
    2. Froakie
    3. Fletchling
    4. Chespin or other Pokémon depending on Ash's Kalos starters.
    5. Other Pokémon
    6. Other Pokémon
    7. Other Pokémon or late Pokémon, such as Gible.

    Froakie : I think Froakie suits the best. I can see him with Fennekin or Chespin, but Froakie looks greater. I have a good feeling that this one could break the curse on the unevolved Water type starters and Froakie reminds me a little bit of Buizel. And when I see how good Buizel was with Ash, I think it would be neat.

    Fletchling : As usual, Ash will probably catch the regional bird but I'm quite good with it because I love Fletchling. I think this addition to Ash's team would make the show even better, and hopefully better than how Unfezant was poorly treated.

    Chespin : Ash always got the Grass type starter and I'm still trying to figure out if it will continue that way... I'm okay with Ash getting Chespin but I would also like to see Ash with only one starter, like he did in Hoenn, so he can concentrate on this one. I was upset how Snivy was left in the dark and I wouldn't like to see that happening to Chespin. However, I do see Chespin with Ash as long as he treats it as well as Treecko.

    The reason why I didn't put Fennekin in that is because I would rather see it as the rival's Pokémon or even as the new main female protagonist's Pokémon. Not because Fennekin is feminine or looks fabulous (of course she does!), but because I can't see Fennekin being developed well with Ash. I just... would prefer to see Fennekin somewhere else in the main cast. Not with Ash.

    As for the other Pokémon, I can't judge. I just put what was logical. There are too many new Pokémon we haven't seen yet. I can't see how people can build a solid team without knowing all of them.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 12th August 2013 at 10:56 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

  2. #16577
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,838

    Default

    Ash:

    Pikachu
    Froakie
    Talonflame
    Gardevoir
    Grass Type
    Ground Type
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  3. #16578
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,834

    Default

    My guess for Ash's team:
    Pikachu
    Froakie
    Fennekin
    Fletchling(Two fire types to make up for him having two water and grass types in Unova)
    Gogoat
    Pancham
    Lucario/Absol (Something tells me he'll catch one of the Pokemon with a Mega form and these are the two past ones I wanted him to own in the past)


    I didn't put Chespin since I'm worried he'll steal the show from the others like Oshawott. Plus I hate it.

  4. #16579
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Ash kalos team-

    Pika
    Froakie
    Orotto
    Talonflame
    Noivern
    Steel type
    Physic type
    VS
    ...........SAMURAI............................. NINJA.......
    WHO WILL WIN.......?

  5. #16580
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    440

    Default

    I think this might be the gen where Ash doesn't get any starter pokemon.

    Because there are 3 supporting characters that are each supposed to get one (Shauna, Tierno, Trevor), I think they'll get one each to showcase them, leaving Ash's team wide open.

    I could see him with Skiddo, Fletchling and Clauncher as his grass, fire and water types. They all suit him much better than some of the starters do. Also the fact Fletchling is both fire type and the regional bird is great, as it takes up only one team slot instead of the usual two.

    Pikachu
    Skiddo or Chespin
    Fletchling
    Clauncher or Froakie (I'd prefer Clauncher)
    Random pokemon
    Random pokemon
    Fairy type maybe later on
    Team 1
    Team 2
    Team 3

  6. #16581
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    430

    Default

    Pikachu
    Scraggy --> Scrafty --> Mega Scrafty
    Froakie --> 2nd Stage --> 3rd Stage
    Fletchling --> Talonflame
    Skiddo --> Gogoat OR Chespin --> 2nd Stage
    Unchosen Pokemon that does not evolve
    Possibly a 7th Pokemon

  7. #16582
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    I hope that Ash won't get Fennekin. I'm tired of Fire-type starters being owned by Ash. I hope that it will be like Hoenn where Ash only had one starter.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong



  8. #16583
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    Welp until it doesn't happen, I think it's 100% likely Ash gets Chespin based on history (which repeats itself)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  9. #16584
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Welp until it doesn't happen, I think it's 100% likely Ash gets Chespin based on history (which repeats itself)
    well i wouldn't say 100% it does seem the most likely that Ash would get chespin especially given that what seems to be the regional bird appears to gain a fire type and there is new water type Crustaceans BUT there is 1 reason why he might not, If chespin is the one that is the most marketable they might choose to make it the new girls mascot like piplup was.

  10. #16585
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    well i wouldn't say 100% it does seem the most likely that Ash would get chespin especially given that what seems to be the regional bird appears to gain a fire type and there is new water type Crustaceans BUT there is 1 reason why he might not, If chespin is the one that is the most marketable they might choose to make it the new girls mascot like piplup was.
    Just like Oshawott went to Iris right? 5 times Ash has gotten the Grass starter... if that trend was suppose to break, Best Wishes was the best time to do it as Ash caught the starters in reverse (sorta)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  11. #16586
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Just like Oshawott went to Iris right? 5 times Ash has gotten the Grass starter... if that trend was suppose to break, Best Wishes was the best time to do it as Ash caught the starters in reverse (sorta)
    I didn't say its guaranteed to happen. Plus iris never got a starter mascot because she was based on a gym leader so she was chosen to have a starter based on that. If this new girl is a new trainer then it would make sense for her mascot to be a starter . Chespin is potentially marketable. So it is a possibility. Plus patterns have been know to break before bw no-one would have predicted Ash one dark type let alone getting two dark types or a grass types non starter. So while even I admit Chespin probably will go to Ash it's too soon to say it's 100%

  12. #16587
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Welp until it doesn't happen, I think it's 100% likely Ash gets Chespin based on history (which repeats itself)
    Let's break that tradition and also break the no water type starters evolve tradition.

  13. #16588
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Plus iris never got a starter mascot because she was based on a gym leader so she was chosen to have a starter based on that.
    Except Iris' first pokemon was Excadrill.



  14. #16589
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Let's break that tradition and also break the no water type starters evolve tradition.
    I'm pretty sure the latter only happens because the writers are always so focused on Ash's Fire Starters, not that I personally care about whether Ash's Water Starters evolve or not. Many of them are still amazing even without evolution, but I won't rant about that now. I actually agree that the whole Grass Starter tradition should be broken. I mean BW broke many traditions so why can't XY? I just personally don't get Chespin's appeal at all and I'd think Ash would be better off with Skiddo or some other Grass-type instead.

  15. #16590
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I actually agree that the whole Grass Starter tradition should be broken. I mean BW broke many traditions so why can't XY? I just personally don't get Chespin's appeal at all and I'd think Ash would be better off with Skiddo or some other Grass-type instead.
    Agreeing with you fully. I want to see him with a non-Grass Starter this time around in X/Y.

  16. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rovian View Post
    Except Iris' first pokemon was Excadrill.
    It was her first pkmn, not her starter.

    Kibago, fresh hatched is more of a starter in my op.

  17. #16592
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Handle Name: Ak-48 View Post
    It was her first pkmn, not her starter.

    Kibago, fresh hatched is more of a starter in my op.
    First Pokémon = Starter - since she started with Drilbur.

    Though the term starter is generally used for the 3 regional starters.


  18. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    First Pokémon = Starter - since she started with Drilbur.

    Though the term starter is generally used for the 3 regional starters.
    First pkmn is first pkmn.

    If what you type is so, then Iris had NO starter. Starter pkmn/Hajimete no pkmn refers to those obtained from a regional professor.

    Doryuuzu/Mogurew was does not qualify if you wish to get literal.

  19. #16594
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Handle Name: Ak-48 View Post
    First pkmn is first pkmn.

    If what you type is so, then Iris had NO starter. Starter pkmn/Hajimete no pkmn refers to those obtained from a regional professor.

    Doryuuzu/Mogurew was does not qualify if you wish to get literal.
    Janovy's actually right, Excadrill is her Starter. Starter Pokemon are often given by Regional Professors, but not always. There's a Nurse Joy who gave away the Hoenn Starters and she's not a Regional Professor.

  20. #16595
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Handle Name: Ak-48 View Post
    First pkmn is first pkmn.

    If what you type is so, then Iris had NO starter. Starter pkmn/Hajimete no pkmn refers to those obtained from a regional professor.

    Doryuuzu/Mogurew was does not qualify if you wish to get literal.
    Starter refers to said first pokemon, Brock's would be Onix for instance.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  21. #16596
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rovian View Post
    Except Iris' first pokemon was Excadrill.
    yeah my bad forgot about Excadrill, in a way you could classify axew as a starter but what i should have said Plus iris never got a starter mascot because she was based on a gym leader so she was chosen to have a mascot based on that.

  22. #16597
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Handle Name: Ak-48 View Post
    First pkmn is first pkmn.

    If what you type is so, then Iris had NO starter. Starter pkmn/Hajimete no pkmn refers to those obtained from a regional professor.

    Doryuuzu/Mogurew was does not qualify if you wish to get literal.
    I agree. To me Starter Pokemon is the term used for Pokemon given out by regional professors (in this case, Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie). I suppose most people use the terms Starter Pokemon and first Pokemon interchangeably, but it can be confusing at times which I why I personally try hard to distinguish between the two.

    Anyway, I'm glad that Ash hasn't caught a Pokemon during DA because at least now the chances of another Aipom scenario are low. And I suppose one could argue that BW isn't over yet, but I think it's way too late for a capture to happen now imo. None of the new merchandise hints at one happening so I think it's safe to say that Ash's next Pokemon will be caught in XY.

  23. #16598
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I'm pretty sure the latter only happens because the writers are always so focused on Ash's Fire Starters, not that I personally care about whether Ash's Water Starters evolve or not. Many of them are still amazing even without evolution, but I won't rant about that now. I actually agree that the whole Grass Starter tradition should be broken. I mean BW broke many traditions so why can't XY? I just personally don't get Chespin's appeal at all and I'd think Ash would be better off with Skiddo or some other Grass-type instead.
    Fennekin looks too cute to evolve so hopefully this time he takes the place of the non-evolved starter

  24. #16599
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    Janovy's actually right, Excadrill is her Starter. Starter Pokemon are often given by Regional Professors, but not always. There's a Nurse Joy who gave away the Hoenn Starters and she's not a Regional Professor.
    Actually their could both be right...if we looked at it from the Adventure Manga point of View, Janovy's wrong. Red starter off with a Poliwag, but it's considered that his Bulbasaur is his starter. Starter is classified as Ak said, a Pokemon given to you not something you capture. The anime never seems to clarify this perfectly, so both Excadrill and Axew could be considered her dual starters
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  25. #16600
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Actually their could both be right...if we looked at it from the Adventure Manga point of View, Janovy's wrong. Red starter off with a Poliwag, but it's considered that his Bulbasaur is his starter. Starter is classified as Ak said, a Pokemon given to you not something you capture. The anime never seems to clarify this perfectly, so both Excadrill and Axew could be considered her dual starters
    I doubt this, Bulbasaur is one of the starters that a Pokemon trainer can get.

    I'm not sure if it said it was explicitly Red's Starter Pokemon. Or a starter Pokemon that belongs to Red.

    But in terms of the anime, first Pokemon you have is the trainer's starter Pokemon.

    That's what "Starter" means, it means a Pokemon given to someone who doesn't have a Pokemon for the sole purpose of going around catching and battling other Pokemon. Hence THE starter Pokemon you get when you play in a new region.

    However, if you wish, Axew can be Iris's intended starter.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 664 of 694 FirstFirst ... 564614654660661662663664665666667668674 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •