Page 677 of 694 FirstFirst ... 577627667673674675676677678679680681687 ... LastLast
Results 16,901 to 16,925 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

I speculate within the Unove-yet-not-Unova saga that Cilan will catch Gyarados!

Yeah, I don't really want Ash to capture a bird. None of them really have standout personality traits after evolving especially that are consistent and I just find most of them to be pretty bland when compared to the main group Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Yeah, I don't really want Ash to capture a bird. None of them really have standout personality traits after evolving especially that are consistent and I just find most of them to be pretty bland when compared to the main group Pokemon.
    But he has to get a bird. Otherwise team rocket can get away in a balloon with Pikachu.

But honestly I agree with you. Since he always gets the bird I'd like to see something different. Although at least talon flame will have its typing to differentiate it which is something I guess

At least Staraptor looked cool :P:P:P Hey coolness value should be considered too sometimes :3 I loved Staraptor and rooted for him everytime he appeared. Does he have a standout personality? I don't think so.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

*sigh*

I guess I'm the only one who wants Talonflame. Like, I know it's likely it wouldn't be handled that well, but I still really wanna see Ash end up with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    *sigh*

I guess I'm the only one who wants Talonflame. Like, I know it's likely it wouldn't be handled that well, but I still really wanna see Ash end up with one.
    Dude, if Ash was allowed to get only ONE Kalos Pokemon I'd pick my boy T-Flame. I love bird Pokemon and if Ash doesn't catch this beast after all the others I will be highly upset.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I'd like to see Ash with Talonflame too.

I consider this a personal attack. Our friendship is in jeopardy.

*sigh*

No you're not. I want Talonflame, especially because Fire types are so well treated in the anime. This might be the bird that can give Ash something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    No you're not. I want Talonflame, especially because Fire types are so well treated in the anime. This might be the bird that can give Ash something special.
    Wrong. Fire Starters are treated well in the Anime. Is it so easy to forget poor Torkoal?
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I'd like to see Ash with Talonflame too.
    Fourthed.. I'm hoping for the following (anime)-moveset:

T-flame
    - Male
    - Ability: ?
    1. Flame Charge/Flare Blitz: Essential, possible power up?
    2. Quick Attack: An Ash musthave
    3. Aerial Ace -> Brave Bird: Eventual power up
    4. Flamethrower: Call me crazy, but I like it to be a Fire-type mix of Staraptor and Noctowl, so it should have a special based move like Noctowl's Extrasensory.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I think both Fennekin and T-flame could easily work on the same team if the other one focuses on ranged Fire moves and the other on physical. + Of course one has Psychic and the other one Flying moves to offer.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

What do most people feel about how many starters Ash should capture?

Personally, I would be extremely reluctant to see Ash catch all 3. My reasons for this is that in all three generations where this has happened before, no more than one of the three starters evolved at all during their actual saga, and even then only Charizard evolved fully. Ash has four fully evolved starters, and bizarrely three of these come from generations where he had less than three starters.

Also, development is poor when Ash has three starters. Within the starters, one always seems to be neglected in terms of development. Squirtle, Totodile and Snivy were largely ignored while Charizard and to a lesser extent Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil and to a lesser extent Bayleef and Pignite and Oshawott took all the wins or screentime. Also, consider the effect is has on other team members. In Kanto, Pidgeotto was almost never used in serious battles, if at all. The 'sixth slot' was in constant flux and no occupant of that slot received battles or screentime of note. In Johto, Noctowl appeared every now and again as a balloon popper and rarely battled, whilst Heracross had great wins the very few times it appeared. In Unova, the reserves were treated similarly to those in Kanto, they were numerous and abysmally treated, thrown whatever tidbits the greedy four ones couldn't force down.

Do people really think it will be any different in Unova? The writers of the show in the first two and the most recent series have proven themselves unable to balance a team with three starters on it. Their desire to give such huge focus to the starters results in other team members being shoved out. Do we want really Unova 2.0!? I surely do not.

I'd much rather Ash capture one or two starters and split the focus equally between all his Pokemon. If the writers must insist on giving extra focus to starters, then having three will only worsen the problem. At this point, I much clarify a point earlier, so as not to seemingly contradict myself. I mentioned that when Ash has three starters, one is neglected. I stand by this, particularly in terms of focus, but Squirtle, Totodile and Snivy still appeared a lot, despite doing nothing. Hence in Unova, rather than having, say, Tepig and Oshawott dominating alone, we also had Snivy who despite progressing in absolutely no tangible way, almost always appeared in episodes when 5 or 6 of Ash's Pokemon were shown. Had Ash had just as many Pokemon, but one fewer starter, that slot could have just as likely have gone to any one of his team. However, Snivy as a holy starter had to appear. Casual appearances might not seem much, but what a difference it would have made to Palpitoad or Boldore. Ash's Pokemon could have learnt new moves or evolved, and without it seeming forced like when several Pokemon evolved in the middle of gym battles after hardly being used. Instead Snivy appeared regularly, and what do we have to show for it? Nothing.

I am fed up with the obsessive and aggressive focus on marketing Pokemon now has. Every Pokemon that appears regularly has to be sufficiently 'cute' to make into a plush toy, pencil case or even a car! This focus ruined Unova. Had the writers not made it their mission to use the anime as an advert for Oshawott, Pikachu and Axew merchandise, Ash's team wouldn't have been so underdeveloped and he might have been able to progress in the league, moreover with it being believable. He might have been shown to have an honest 6 on 6 battle, but instead we watched balloons being chased by Axew and Snivy have a catfight with Emolga. We even spent an entire arc travelling around a bunch or islands without so much as a goal, evolution or capture. What a waste of a saga BW was.

Catching three starters is bad news. It is motivated by marketing, not giving Ash a developed and interesting team. It will not result in equal development. It will not allow Ash's other team members to have the screentime necessary for wins and evolutions that feel forced and undeserved.

Honestly, who would choose Oshawott, Pignite and Snivy over Torterra, Infernape and Buizel? Honestly.
    Last edited by naughtynun; 11th September 2013 at 1:41 AM.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

*sigh*

I'd love Talonflame. In fact I'd prefer it over Ash getting Gennekin.

*sigh*

Nah, you're not. I want him to get it. It has a beast design.

I don't mind Talonflame and I'm perfectly ok with Ash eventually getting one, but I prefer Noivern as a flier.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I don't mind Talonflame and I'm perfectly ok with Ash eventually getting one, but I prefer Noivern as a flier.
    I agree with this. I also want Fennekin on his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I agree with this. I also want Fennekin on his team.
    I as well and I think it's possible. Ash has had Pokemon that share the same type on his team before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Fire types are so well treated in the anime.
    Torkoal.

This might be the bird that can give Ash something special.
    If by "something special" you mean more losses, then sure I agree.

Ash needs a good Flying-type in Kalos imo, so my vote goes to Noivern. It actually looks good and it seems like it might be one of the strongest Flying-types available. Plus it's also a Dragon-type which should satisfy the people who complained that Ash didn't get a Dragon-type in Unova because of Iris. So everyone wins tbh.

Bat types pokemons are always catch by main cast,so noivern or preevolution form of noivern can be seen on main cast ,especially I want ash to get noivern..
    VS
    ...........SAMURAI............................. NINJA.......
    WHO WILL WIN.......?

Ok after seeing it I definitely want to see the rock/dragon dinosaur on Ashs team.

It has everything I want to see on Ashs team
    - looks awesome
    - has typings that are minorities on Ashs team.
    - something ash has never had before (a fossil)
    - has a counterpart they can give to a rival character

After seeing their evolutions, I hope Ash only catches one of the starters, Froakie! Both froakie and it's evo just suit Ash and he can finally have a fully evolved water starter. (He'll probably still catch all three)

I also really want him to gte the T-rex pokemon. I know it's a fossil so it's unlikely but it again just suits him and he has only ever had one rock and one dragon type so it would be good for him to have. Plus it kills two rare types for him with one stone.

As for the rest of his team, I'm still open. But those two i want for definite. Fingers crossed.
    Team 1
    Team 2
    Team 3

I really like Fennekin, maybe I am bias towards fire pokemon XD but ya lol
    Talonflame is also another pokemon I want him to have just because its a unique typing. if he doesn't get talonflame..then Noivern a flying/dragon sounds cool too
    Pancham looks like an ash type pokemon as well
    and im not sure on the rest

Dedenne is confirmed to be Clemont's. At least seems like it.

Ash's team in kalos
    Pikachu
    Fenniken
    Froakie-final stage
    Noivern
    Megacharlizard
    Bulbasaur/skiddo
    Absol
    VS
    ...........SAMURAI............................. NINJA.......
    WHO WILL WIN.......?

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Fourthed.. I'm hoping for the following (anime)-moveset:

T-flame
    - Male
    - Ability: ?
    1. Flame Charge/Flare Blitz: Essential, possible power up?
    2. Quick Attack: An Ash musthave
    3. Aerial Ace -> Brave Bird: Eventual power up
    4. Flamethrower: Call me crazy, but I like it to be a Fire-type mix of Staraptor and Noctowl, so it should have a special based move like Noctowl's Extrasensory.
    I like your idea but I prefer something along the lines of Combusken\Blaziken.
    Blaze Kick\Flare Blitz
    Hi Jump Kick\Jump Kick
    Brave Bird\Some New stronger Flying type move
    A filler move
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Torkoal.

You ignored my post. I am developing a Torkoal complex now

If by "something special" you mean more losses, then sure I agree.

Ash needs a good Flying-type in Kalos imo, so my vote goes to Noivern. It actually looks good and it seems like it might be one of the strongest Flying-types available. Plus it's also a Dragon-type which should satisfy the people who complained that Ash didn't get a Dragon-type in Unova because of Iris. So everyone wins tbh
    He was talking about birds specifically. Flying types don't work for him, he prefer birds.

Quote Originally Posted by harsh551 View Post
    Bat types pokemons are always catch by main cast,so noivern or preevolution form of noivern can be seen on main cast ,especially I want ash to get noivern..
    Its not a bird nonetheless.
    Last edited by Umbilical Noose; 11th September 2013 at 4:19 PM.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Page 677 of 694 FirstFirst ... 577627667673674675676677678679680681687 ... LastLast