Page 679 of 694 FirstFirst ... 579629669675676677678679680681682683689 ... LastLast
Results 16,951 to 16,975 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

I really don't see why people assume that Serena has to get Fennekin because of the way it looks.
    It's more that Ash doesn't have to get Fennekin because there are other options for him in this region.

I wouldn't mind him getting the Starter if it was the only choice, but there are at least two other evolutionary lines he could use.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    It's more that Ash doesn't have to get Fennekin because there are other options for him in this region.

I wouldn't mind him getting the Starter if it was the only choice, but there are at least two other evolutionary lines he could use.
    Yeah there actually might be more than a couple fire types this gen haha. Weird how they always did that

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by johno1995 View Post
    Like patterns haven't been broken before?

If you look closely at the XY anime scans one of the screenshots has Dedenne standing next to Pikachu and in front of Clemont as if he were commanding the Dedenne. Plus, there's the caption of "Clemont and Dedenne!"
    We've had situations like this before where a Pokemon is near a character and people automatically assume that it belongs to them, only for them to be dead wrong in the end. *Remembers the "Iris will catch Scraggy 'cause it was next to her" debates of 2010* Ah the memories. But really, it's just not confirmation enough imo.

I think it's very very obvious that Clemont is an Electric-type gym leader
    I'm gonna have to see some receipts because I don't believe this has been confirmed yet.

I just see Fennekin's design (and its evo) fitting Serena better than anyone else on the cast. And no, it has nothing to do with her being feminine. I hate when people pull that card. If you put them together, the designs just click. That isn't to say I don't think Ash and Fennekin won't be a good match, I'm just providing you a reasoning that people might be picking Serena/Fennekin.
    I've literally seen dozens of people make a big fuss about Fennekin going to Ash because they think it looks "too feminine" for him. So forgive me for jumping to conclusions.

I have no problem with jessie getting wobbuffet back. (given tr are sadly not serious any more) but they really need to complete it's movepool. Counter and Mirror are good moves but why not also give it somemore options

Safeguard- Useful as a shield in the anime.
    Destiny bond- an interesting last ditch move for tr when they know they are about to lose allowing them to take down tough pokemon
    Encore- Locking in the groups moves could make for interesting situations
    charm-would look hilarious and does have some mild use weaking the foe.
    Splash- a pure comedy move but perhaps the anime may find some use for it.

i know encore, charm and splash are technically wynuts move but it could be argued it always knew these and simply never used them. I mean wobuffets only ever used 2 legal moves so it's not a problem.

First few episodes of XY

Ash:
    Pikachu
    Froakie
    Chespin
    Fletchling

Serena:
    Fennekin
    Scatterbug
    Flabébé

Clemont:
    Dedenne

Bonnie:
    none. (hopefully this will change along the way)

Jessie:
    Wobbuffet
    Inkay

James:
    Spritzee

I have no problem with jessie getting wobbuffet back. (given tr are sadly not serious any more) but they really need to complete it's movepool.
    To be fair, I don't think Wobbuffet has any other useful moves in its move pool.

Counter and Mirror Coat could be good:

If we're going for a straight laugh Jessie could command it to use Counter on a Special Attack (or take too long deciding).

For something more unexpected we could see her get it right and actually KO something.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    To be fair, I don't think Wobbuffet has any other useful moves in its move pool.

Counter and Mirror Coat could be good:

If we're going for a straight laugh Jessie could command it to use Counter on a Special Attack (or take too long deciding).

For something more unexpected we could see her get it right and actually KO something.
    Destiny bond, safeguard, charm and encore are all viable in the anime.

Okay following the new details of the cast heres my predictions:

Ash:
    Pikachu
    Fletchling - Talonflame
    Chespin - Hariboogu
    Froakie - Gekogashira
    Wildcard 1
    Wildcard 2
    Charizard (appears later in the saga, probulay at the league)

Serena:
    Fennekin - Teerunaa
    Scatterbug - Spewpa - Vivillon

Clemont:
    Dedenne
    Many other electric types

Clemont's Sister:
    None

Mystery Character (rival I assume):
    Blaziken

Jessie:
    Woobat
    Frillish
    Wobbufett (good to see the old poke again)
    Inkay

James:
    Yamask
    Amoonguss
    XY Pokemon

Alexa:
    Helioptile
    Gogoat
    Noivern

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I'm gonna have to see some receipts because I don't believe this has been confirmed yet.
    It's not confirmed, but if you look at the details and think about it, Clemont is probably an electric type leader.

The design and coloring of Clemont's badge screams electricity.

The technological/neon look of his gym also radiates an Electric-type aura.

There is no CONFIRMATION persay, but combine those bits of evidence with Clemont's color scheme and his inventor background, and you can infer he is an Electric-type user. So in saying that, Dedenne will belong to Clemont or will perhaps be Bonnie's pet Pokemon.

I've literally seen dozens of people make a big fuss about Fennekin going to Ash because they think it looks "too feminine" for him. So forgive me for jumping to conclusions.
    Oh I've seen that excuse a lot too, and I disagree completely. I have a few reasons:

A) My previously mentioned Serena/Fennekin look good together reason
    B) The other Fire-type options the writers have to give Ash (Talonflame? Litleo/Pyroar?) makes me feel like I could see all of the Fire-types revealed in the Kalos region potentially going to Ash. They all look so good, and I want to see if the writers can handle Ash getting a not-starter Fire-type again, and actually do it justice.

But if Ash does get Fennekin, of course I'll welcome it to his team. It's just my gut feeling that it won't be with him.
    X:

OR:

Ash
    Pikachu
    Fletchling-fully evolves
    Froakie-fully evolves
    Chespin-stays unevolved

Serena
    Fennekin-fully evolves
    Scatterbug-fully evolves
    Pancham-stays unevolved

Clemont
    Dedenne
    Helioptile

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

So it looks like Wobbufet really is returning *sigh*

I hated it in Hoenn. It's just not funny. It popped out of it's ball constantly. That was it's only gag. It was just annoying. Why bring it back? I'd rather see team rocket with a new pokemon.

Plus both the CoroCoro page and the list of names GF copyrighted seem to show meowth, wobbuffet and inkay/malimar as team rockets pokemon. So what happened to Frillish and Yamask?

I would rather Jessie keep Frillish, get rid of Swoobat, not bring back Wobbuffet and instead bring back Serviper with a mega evo or normal evo. Then also catch Inkay.

James should keep Yamask, get rid of Amoongus and then catch new Kalos pokemon.

That would put team rockets pokemon as Meowth, MegaServiper, Inkay (then Malamar), Frillish, Yamask and a new pokemon.

It looks like Inkay will be James' though.
    Last edited by jake279; 12th September 2013 at 5:03 PM.
    Team 1
    Team 2
    Team 3

Ash:

Pikachu
    Froakie->new evo(don't know its name),->third evo
    Talonflame
    Bulbsaur->Ivysaur->(maybe Venusaur)
    Kirlia/Gardevoir
    Ground type
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

So people genuinely think that Bulbasaur will return and evolve then?

I'm sorry but I seriously doubt it. Returning is one thing, but really evolving? I just can't see it happening after all this time, not because he refused evolution before (because I know he isn't anti-evolution), but simply because he's iconic within the series. Everyone remembers the original trio and everyone loves them, so I just can't see the writers messing with that..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    So people genuinely think that Bulbasaur will return and evolve then?

I'm sorry but I seriously doubt it. Returning is one thing, but really evolving? I just can't see it happening after all this time, not because he refused evolution before (because I know he isn't anti-evolution), but simply because he's iconic within the series. Everyone remembers the original trio and everyone loves them, so I just can't see the writers messing with that..
    Meh, I don't see how Bulbasaur evolving is a bad thing since most people believe he should anyways.

They changed Charizard so I don't see why Bulbasaur is off limits.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Meh, I don't see how Bulbasaur evolving is a bad thing since most people believe he should anyways.

They changed Charizard so I don't see why Bulbasaur is off limits.
    Moveset changes aren't that drastic...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

They changed Charizard? In what way, other than move set changes which don't alter the actual Pokemon in any way?
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    They changed Charizard? In what way, other than move set changes which don't alter the actual Pokemon in any way?
    If he talking about design, that's not drastic either...animation changes over time as drawing gets sleeker
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Moveset changes aren't that drastic...
    Getting rid of its sig move is pretty drastic. I mean Charizard was known for his iconic finisher.

It would be like getting rid of Thunderbolt on Pikachu for instance, that would be a drastic change.

When it comes to Pokemon like Bulbasaur and Squirtle it is not just about evolution its about what they stand for. They have already proved their worth against Brandon. There are other Pokemon like Totodile or Snivy. If anything bring the former two back to have a kickass battle against some legendary trainer.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Getting rid of its sig move is pretty drastic. I mean Charizard was known for his iconic finisher.

It would be like getting rid of Thunderbolt on Pikachu for instance, that would be a drastic change.
    Yeah but that was because the writers of this series are dummies

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    When it comes to Pokemon like Bulbasaur and Squirtle it is not just about evolution its about what they stand for. They have already proved their worth against Brandon. There are other Pokemon like Totodile or Snivy. If anything bring the former two back to have a kickass battle against some legendary trainer.
    Or just evolve then like Cyndaquil

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Yeah but that was because the writers of this series are dummies
    Or realistically it's because Charizard cannot legally use that move since Gen.3

You know what I think is much more likely.

One of the travelling companions getting a kanto starter.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    You know what I think is much more likely.

Again?

Or just evolve then like Cyndaquil
    Which for the most part was a useless evolution.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Destiny bond, safeguard, charm and encore are all viable in the anime.
    Destiny Bond seems like something that'll only work once and then be done. Ash and friends are pretty dense but I don't see them repeatedly falling for it. I also don't think the writers would make TR actually knocking out the protagonist's Pokemon a regular thing. With Counter/Mirror Coat there's a chance it'll fail because the wrong one might be used, and it's not a gauenteed OHKO even if it hits.

Safeguard's viable if you don't have Protect I guess.

They already did the Charm gag ... granted it was about a decade ago with Togepi.

Encore doesn't really help. Team Rocket doesn't want more incoming attacks because their Pokemon can usually only take one attack before they're blasting off. They're more the hit and run type and their Pokemon are built for evasion.

That's probably the reason Wobbs didn't get much use in battle before. His fighting style contrasts Jessie's.

If Serena gets a Kalos Starter Clenmont should get the Kanto Starter.

I could see him rockin' Squirtle and maybe Charmander. Depends on his personality for Charmander.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Which for the most part was a useless evolution.
    Yes it was, but it still happened regardless of all reason

Page 679 of 694 FirstFirst ... 579629669675676677678679680681682683689 ... LastLast