Page 680 of 694 FirstFirst ... 580630670676677678679680681682683684690 ... LastLast
Results 16,976 to 17,000 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Cyndaquil wasn't iconic, which meant they could easily evolve it without any repercussions.. but when it comes to the Kanto team, it's a whole different ball game..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Cyndaquil wasn't iconic, which meant they could easily evolve it without any repercussions.. but when it comes to the Kanto team, it's a whole different ball game..
    Define iconic because other than Pikachu I don't think any of his Kanto Pokemon were 'iconic.' None of them had the legacy that Pikachu had and none of them sold nearly as much toys and stuff. Pikachu is the franchise's mascot so he's really the only 'iconic' Pokemon around.

No Kanto starts will be in the X/Y cast. I just don't want to see the same ol' Pokemon from over a decade ago I want brand new Kalos Pokemon instead.

Me and him were talking about Pokemon like Totodile and Snivy, who sorta lacked anything special about them outside their quirks. No overly important battles that ended up mattering nor any starring Gym roles.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

No Kanto starts will be in the X/Y cast. I just don't want to see the same ol' Pokemon from over a decade ago I want brand new Kalos Pokemon instead.
    I doubt we'll get through the region without a Mega Pokemon on the Main Cast.

The Main Girl always catches a Pokemon that isn't from her native region, too.

I'm sorry but I'm not now going to sit and explain what made the Kanto starters iconic, because I'd say its fairly self explanatory..

All I'm saying is that I can't see Bulbasaur returning to evolve. It just seems incredibly unlikely..

I'm sorry but I'm not now going to sit and explain what made the Kanto starters iconic, because I'd say its fairly self explanatory..

All I'm saying is that I can't see Bulbasaur returning to evolve. It just seems incredibly unlikely..
    Are you talking the starters in general or ash's in the anime?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Again?
    Why not. They could easily give someone like Serena a kanto starter and make it different enough from previous kanto starters owned by the main cast

For right now this is how I see it right now (and until I have a better understanding of the Pokemon these are the only options even if I want Ash with the T-rex):

Ash:

Pikachu- Obvious

Froakie- Because only Ash should get the Froakie in the trailer.

Fletchling- Only because there is no other option for Ash at this moment in time.

Fennekin- Because it clearly now fits better with Ash than Serena and you'll see why.

Serena:

Flabebe- Cute fairy Pokemon, otherwise I have no idea what to really give her.

Litleo- Suits Serena far more than Fennekin does, especially Pyroar. If the writers failed to see this and gave her Fennekin just because of the same mindset as most people on this forum, then they failed hard. Opinion, opinion, opinion. (Just because people on this forum can't tell the difference between opinion/speculation and stating things as fact).

Chespin- Because it's the starter that suits Serena the most, and only because I have doubts of Ash getting all three starters.

Clemont:

Dedenne- Obvious and pretty clearly confirmed choice.

As for anything else, I wouldn't even know where to begin, without seeing his other Pokemon (in games), or I had a Pokedex.

Bonnie:

Scatterbug- Only because it seems like the perfect Pokemon for her. It's seems cute and it seems like it would have a nice personality, and hopefully by the end of the series, it would fully evolve into Vivillon. This would work a lot better if Scatterbug was like Sewaddle rather than the other countless caterpillar Pokemon that are useless until they fully evolve.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Fennekin- Because it clearly now fits better with Ash than Serena and you'll see why.
    Because it's wearing a dress and has a Stick in it's tail?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Because it's wearing a dress and has a Stick in it's tail?
    No because Pyroar fits Serena better, that's what I mean you'll see why.

I meant you'll see why later in my post.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

No because Pyroar fits Serena better, that's what I mean you'll see why.

I meant you'll see why later in my post.
    I'm just trying to make light of it XD

I don't know, Litleo could fit Ash as well as the main hero is normal considered "Noble" which is what Lions are considered. That and powerful

]
    I don't know, Litleo could fit Ash as well as the main hero is normal considered "Noble" which is what Lions are considered. That and powerful
    I don't know, I can't see Ash with Litleo especially with Serena likely being on the main cast.

Ash and Pyroar doesn't really mesh very well, I don't know maybe because Pyroar is such a big lion Pokemon, I just can't see Ash with it.

I can see Ash with Fennekin because it's a starter, but Litleo/Pyroar just seems too unusual weird to give to Ash. But with Serena it really is a perfect fit.

Maybe it's because Pyroar is a cat like Pokemon while Fennekin is more like a dog like Pokemon (even though it's a fox), and I think Ash with a fox and Serena with a cat would make more sense than the reverse.

Bonnie:

Actually I think Flabébé would be a great Pokémon that would fit her if she is an insecure kid that needs her brother all the time. In the beginning she would be afraid of the world and so would Flabébé since she is the tiniest Pokémon so far. But both of them would grow up together (=/= get older) and possibly it would be fully evolved (if possible) by the end of the saga which would show how brave and powerful they are together.
    Last edited by Royal_Qeca; 12th September 2013 at 9:13 PM. Reason: typo

Serena:

Flabebe- Cute fairy Pokemon, otherwise I have no idea what to really give her.

Litleo- Suits Serena far more than Fennekin does, especially Pyroar. If the writers failed to see this and gave her Fennekin just because of the same mindset as most people on this forum, then they failed hard. Opinion, opinion, opinion. (Just because people on this forum can't tell the difference between opinion/speculation and stating things as fact).

Chespin- Because it's the starter that suits Serena the most, and only because I have doubts of Ash getting all three starters.
    I think a Nyaonikusu♂, Torimian, Spritzee & Skiddo would be better for her, than having a Chespin & Flabébé. Litleo is an ok pokemon for her (for now).

I'm just trying to make light of it XD

Then he really missed out on Growlithe/Arcanine & Shinx/Luxio/Luxray.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 12th September 2013 at 9:15 PM.

I don't know, I can't see Ash with Litleo especially with Serena likely being on the main cast.

Ash and Pyroar doesn't really mesh very well, I don't know maybe because Pyroar is such a big lion Pokemon, I just can't see Ash with it.

I can see Ash with Fennekin because it's a starter, but Litleo/Pyroar just seems too unusual weird to give to Ash. But with Serena it really is a perfect fit.

Maybe it's because Pyroar is a cat like Pokemon while Fennekin is more like a dog like Pokemon (even though it's a fox), and I think Ash with a fox and Serena with a cat would make more sense than the reverse.
    When do the writers ever give Ash a Pokemon because "it works"? The only reason Ash get's Fennekin over Litleo is marketing ploy #1, but if they feel Serena can market Fennekin/Chespin/(even)Froakie better, then they're gonna do that. If Litleo/Pyroar is popular enough, they're more likely to give it to Ash being the main protagonist

I'm happy Serena is here because then Ash most likely won't get all 3 starters.

That automatically increases the possibility of one of Ash's starters not being neglected. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    I think a Nyaonikusu♂, Torimian, Spritzee & Skiddo would be better for her, than having a Chespin & Flabébé. Litleo is an ok pokemon for her (for now).
    Torimian is an interesting choice, but I actually agree with it. We don't know what Serena's goal will be, but since Kalos revolves around beauty, I could see her having something similar to contests (an extended/modified version of Pokémon-Amie maybe?). In this case, the poodle Torimian, with its changeable appearance, would fit her perfectly.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

I can see Litleo being highly popular, even if Pyroar isn't (even though I love it). I mean, it's just got that cute little face with the big eyes that scream marketable..

For some reason, I think that one of Ash's elemental trio will almost definitely be a quadruped.. and in my honest opinion, I can only see that quadruped being a Litleo or Skiddo..

When do the writers ever give Ash a Pokemon because "it works"? The only reason Ash get's Fennekin over Litleo is marketing ploy #1, but if they feel Serena can market Fennekin/Chespin/(even)Froakie better, then they're gonna do that. If Litleo/Pyroar is popular enough, they're more likely to give it to Ash being the main protagonist
    Except the writers honestly don't know what works, and they have no clue what fans would like to see.

They're going to choose Serena with Fennekin because it's the most obvious typical boring choice, that they're going to make, simply because Fennekin is a girly fox looking Pokemon. Ignoring that maybe Chespin would probably be better a choice or hell even Froakie.

The writers are going to choose the most boring obvious route, the path of what they believe is the path of least resistance even if they end up lost trapped in some inescapable black hole abyss, because they though they knew what was best.

But opinion, opinions, opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I'm happy Serena is here because then Ash most likely won't get all 3 starters.

That automatically increases the possibility of one of Ash's starters not being neglected. >.<
    Unless Serena is like May, than whatever starter she gets will get screwed over.

And no I don't care about Dawn's Piplup, it was honestly an annoying Pokemon that should've stayed in its Poke ball most of the time.

Except the writers honestly don't know what works, and they have no clue what fans would like to see.

They're going to choose Serena with Fennekin because it's the most obvious typical boring choice, that they're going to make, simply because Fennekin is a girly fox looking Pokemon. Ignoring that maybe Chespin would probably be better a choice or hell even Froakie.

The writers are going to choose the most boring obvious route, the path of what they believe is the path of least resistance even if they end up lost trapped in some inescapable black hole abyss, because they though they knew what was best.

But opinion, opinions, opinions.

Unless Serena is like May, than whatever starter she gets will get screwed over.

And no I don't care about Dawn's Piplup, it was honestly an annoying Pokemon that should've stayed in its Poke ball most of the time.
    I honestly would take Torchic treatment over Piplup. Torchic did get enough screen time before he evolved. Sure he was portrayed as somewhat weak till he evolved, but Combusken was amazing, bagged quite a few wins etc. etc. I don't want the starter to be a mascot again.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    I honestly would take Torchic treatment over Piplup. Torchic did get enough screen time before he evolved. Sure he was portrayed as somewhat weak till he evolved, but Combusken was amazing, bagged quite a few wins etc. etc. I don't want the starter to be a mascot again.
    Oh no, no, I would much prefer Dedenne, or Flabebe or some other cute unevolved Pokemon be a mascot. Never a starter again. Since that in turn screws over the Pokemon in some fashion.

I can see Litleo being highly popular, even if Pyroar isn't (even though I love it). I mean, it's just got that cute little face with the big eyes that scream marketable..

For some reason, I think that one of Ash's elemental trio will almost definitely be a quadruped.. and in my honest opinion, I can only see that quadruped being a Litleo or Skiddo..
    Pyroar isn't popular? I think it will be quite popular, it looks so FREAKING EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Pyroar isn't popular? I think it will be quite popular, it looks so FREAKING EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The mane is too big, but I think it could look a lot better in the anime. Now that XY features old Pokemon, we should have an episode with Luxray and Pyroar :P

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    The mane is too big, but I think it could look a lot better in the anime. Now that XY features old Pokemon, we should have an episode with Luxray and Pyroar :P
    I hope they make him look like he does in his artwork. His game battle scene didnt look too impressive imo

Popularity has nothing to do with a Pokemon getting caught. Arcanine, Lucario, Ampharos, Salamence, etc, etc are all very popular yet none of them ever got caught.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Page 680 of 694 FirstFirst ... 580630670676677678679680681682683684690 ... LastLast