Page 685 of 694 FirstFirst ... 585635675681682683684685686687688689 ... LastLast
Results 17,101 to 17,125 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Considering that TR's Pokemon are pretty much doomed to mediocrity 24/7, I really don't wanna see Swirlix or Skrelp with them. TR have made me pretty apathetic toward Pokemon species I liked in the past, so I perish the thought of how annoying those two Pokemon would be under this care.
    You don't have to worry, at least as far as skrelp is concerned. There not going to give a character a Pokemon that's completely useless in most situations

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    You don't have to worry, at least as far as skrelp is concerned. There not going to give a character a Pokemon that's completely useless in most situations
    How do you know skrelp would usually be useless?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    How do you know skrelp would usually be useless?
    He is talking about Skrelp being a water pokemon that can't really be usefull out of it in the anime, kinda like Kasumi, Horsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    He is talking about Skrelp being a water pokemon that can't really be usefull out of it in the anime, kinda like Kasumi, Horsea.
    That's debatable, we don't know much about it yet. Or if/what it evolves into. You wouldnt think amoongus would fit team rocket and what they do in terms of their plots, but they found ways to use it.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Maybe if it's treated better? We all know Grotle/Torterra was treated like crap.

Rock Climb actually looks amazing and it would be nice if Skiddo/Gogat could use such a move.
    i never much cared for the whole ground rising element to the move. (excluding the battle against rhyperior but only because grotle had powered itself up) I though it was an interesting move against Sneasel and when it learnt the move. I always felt the overblew the move when they had the ground rise and could have made it seem better if it was just used as an effective finisher or in an obscure time when grotle/torterra needed to run.

That's debatable, we don't know much about it yet. Or if/what it evolves into. You wouldnt think amoongus would fit team rocket and what they do in terms of their plots, but they found ways to use it.
    Except Amoongus is a land Pokemon so it isn't comparable to Skrelp.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Personally speaking... I could not see Ash with Gogoat or it's pre-evolution
    I think ash getting a skiddo would be a cool idea. I'm not a fan of Quilladin. That thing is evil! My personal grudges aside. I picture Gogoat as Torterra done right

I'm really hoping they finally give Ash a fossil. I'd love him with either (although especially Tyrunt) .

They could do an episode where Ash and his rival team up up save a group of fossils and then two of them decide to accompany Ash and the rival. ash with Tyrunt & rival with Amaura
    I like Tyrunt . He seems like an ash pokemon to me
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

Greninja all the way

As much as I want Ash with Tyrunt, it's never going to happen, because that's what I want, and because I never get what I want in terms of Pokemon for Ash, it's never going to happen, just like Female Fennekin.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    As much as I want Ash with Tyrunt, it's never going to happen, because that's what I want, and because I never get what I want in terms of Pokemon for Ash, it's never going to happen, just like Female Fennekin.
    Then the answers simple. Wish for all your heart for ash to get a male chespin as his only starter.

That will confuse whichever cosmic force has a grudge against you and you may just get what you really want.

Amoongus can move on land. Everything about Skrelp suggests it can't. Unless it has something like levitate

Two things about Skiddo/Gogoat.... One: it's a gimmick Pokemon that's already getting showtime through Alexa, it really doesn't need to appear all that much more often in X & Y. Two: What does Ash even need a riding Pokemon for?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I could see someone in the group getting a Skiddo, and Clemont's little sister (is her name Bianca? I forget) riding it as the group travel so that she can keep up with them. I can see Bianca and Skiddo having a bond and being cute together.

Now, she herself will probably have no pokemon because she's too young so it'll have to be one of the others. I see Skiddo as more of an Ash pokemon, and since I'm no longer positive he'll get Chespin (If he does it won't evolve) I can see Skiddo as a viable option.
    Team 1
    Team 2
    Team 3

Quote Originally Posted by jake279 View Post
    I could see someone in the group getting a Skiddo, and Clemont's little sister (is her name Bianca? I forget) riding it as the group travel so that she can keep up with them. I can see Bianca and Skiddo having a bond and being cute together.

Now, she herself will probably have no pokemon because she's too young so it'll have to be one of the others. I see Skiddo as more of an Ash pokemon, and since I'm no longer positive he'll get Chespin (If he does it won't evolve) I can see Skiddo as a viable option.
    It's Bonnie...so you kinda over shot the name outside of it starting with the letter B.

So why is Chespin not so likely and why wouldn't it evolve? Tepig was far more marketable in it's first form yet evolved to Pignite anyway. You can't say it's because of it's evolution because that's a lie. Heck, Turtwig evolved even when everyone else said it wouldn't or would only reach to Grotle because Paul owned Torterra
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

It's Bonnie...so you kinda over shot the name outside of it starting with the letter B.

So why is Chespin not so likely and why wouldn't it evolve? Tepig was far more marketable in it's first form yet evolved to Pignite anyway. You can't say it's because of it's evolution because that's a lie. Heck, Turtwig evolved even when everyone else said it wouldn't or would only reach to Grotle because Paul owned Torterra
    Actually in my opinion it's more because of how Chespin is very similar to Oshawott.

They are both similar looking mammal creatures, even if hedgehog =/= otter they definitely match up more than a pig and fox does with either of them (appearance wise).

Since Chespin was designed to be the cute one of this generation that's why it won't evolve.

But of course its entirely up to the writers...oh right sorry, it up to the executive producers.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 18th September 2013 at 9:13 PM.

Actually in my opinion it's more because of how Chespin is very similar to Oshawott.

They are both similar looking mammal creatures, even if hedgehog =/= otter they definitely match up more than a pig and fox does with either of them (appearance wise).

Since Chespin was designed to be the cute one of this generation that's why it won't evolve.

But of course its entirely up to the writers...oh right sorry, it up to the executive producers.
    I honestly think Fennekin was designed to be the cutest one of the generation, and it is the most popular of the three starters so in using the popularity logic, I feel like Fennekin would be the least likely to evolve. But in all honesty, all of the starters are cute in their own way... yes, even Froakie. This is probably my favorite batch of starters, tbh, so I'm excited to see how they're handled in the anime.

I want all of the starters to evolve at least once. DP and AG were good in the starter evolutions. Sure, Marshtomp got little development at all, but at least the writers didn't keep the starters in AG in their base forms forever.

As much as I'm hoping for the first generation with three fully-evolved starters in the main cast, I really doubt that will happen.
    X Team:

Y Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Considering that TR's Pokemon are pretty much doomed to mediocrity 24/7, I really don't wanna see Swirlix or Skrelp with them. TR have made me pretty apathetic toward Pokemon species I liked in the past, so I perish the thought of how annoying those two Pokemon would be under this care.
    I get what you're saying. However, I don't want to see Mime Jr. again, UNLESS it evolves, and MrMime has an evolution, which also happens. Swirlix will be the perfect proxy for the cute floating thingie, if Inkay goes to Jessie and proxy replaces Frillish. Seriously, she's swapping a floating jellyfish for a floating squid.. I know this has been common practice with TR (Arbok -> Seviper, Dustox -> Yanmega, Victreebel -> Cacnea -> Carnivine, Chimecho -> Mime Jr.).. But I just want something fresh.

And if not, what's going to replace Yamask, assuming that it isn't going to appear in XY, and the 'shroom disappeared from the earth already. -.-

What are James' options to bring along?
    - Yamask
    - 'Shroom
    - Manene: For some reason, the Japanese name is sticking with me, while I've never used it before..
    - Carnivine

So what? Carnivine, later to be replaced by whatever evolves into Orotto, and perhaps Honedge's prevolution if it has one? I'm going to assume James brings either Carnivine or the 'Shroom. Definitely not both. Same with Manene and Yamask. He can't have two pairs of essentially identical pokemon. I'm hoping for the DP-pairs.

Then the answers simple. Wish for all your heart for ash to get a male chespin as his only starter.

That will confuse whichever cosmic force has a grudge against you and you may just get what you really want.
    Or just pray that the great prophet Mick Jagger was wrong all this time.. -.-

Two things about Skiddo/Gogoat.... One: it's a gimmick Pokemon that's already getting showtime through Alexa, it really doesn't need to appear all that much more often in X & Y. Two: What does Ash even need a riding Pokemon for?
    Why are Skiddo and Gogoat gimmicks? Has Rhyhorn been turned into a gimmick as well? No. Gogoat and Skiddo are just one of the group of pokemon which can be ridden in the games. Deerling and Sawsbuck are gimmicks, as they were made to further showcase/implement the seasonal changes present in the game. Gogoat = Rhyhorn. The only difference is that Gogoat is new, but aside from that it's gimmick free.

I agree with the second thing. He's far better off with a Flying-pokemon.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

So is it time to change/lock this thread because no one is expecting anything from the "Unova" series with the last two episodes we have to speculate? All we can speculate is Iris getting a Gible and/or Cilan catching Gyarados.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

I have no idea why you're calling Skiddo/Gogoat "gimmick" Pokemon. And while Gogoat has appeared in DA, I fail to understand why that would stop Ash from getting one. I personally find the Skiddo line to be a lot more interesting than the Chespin line, which is why I would prefer Ash with Skiddo/Gogoat instead of Chespin/Quilladin.

Quote Originally Posted by johno1995 View Post
    I honestly think Fennekin was designed to be the cutest one of the generation, and it is the most popular of the three starters so in using the popularity logic, I feel like Fennekin would be the least likely to evolve. But in all honesty, all of the starters are cute in their own way... yes, even Froakie. This is probably my favorite batch of starters, tbh, so I'm excited to see how they're handled in the anime.

I want all of the starters to evolve at least once. DP and AG were good in the starter evolutions. Sure, Marshtomp got little development at all, but at least the writers didn't keep the starters in AG in their base forms forever.

As much as I'm hoping for the first generation with three fully-evolved starters in the main cast, I really doubt that will happen.
    I don't see Fennekin as cute, more elegant, sure with the proper voice and Fennekin yipping I can see Fennekin being cute, but just not in the same way.

Chespin is the one that is designed more towards being cute and doing cute things.

And even though it is a matter of opinion, Ken Sugimori specifically said that Oshawott was designed to be cute, Snivy I'm not sure what Sugimori said about Snivy, and that Tepig was designed with the thought of it being sidekick.

If anything I think Fennekin is more designed like Ash's Snivy, more of a smug Pokemon than anything.

Fennekin is my favorite starter, and I just don't think Fennekin is designed to be the cute one like Oshawott cute.

My point is, people may think Fennekin is cute maybe even more so than Chespin, but it's about different levels of cute, and Fennekin just doesn't fit the Oshawott level of cute, Chespin does. If people think Fennekin is cute, it's a different level of cute, and do not see it being comparable to Oshawott's type of cuteness.

Fennekin will more of the adorable, elegant and graceful Pokemon. Chespin will be the cute Pokemon, and Froakie will be the battler Pokemon.

But this is all of course just my opinion.

And I've actually said this before, but I honestly wouldn't mind at all if Ash did have Fennekin and didn't evolve, that hasn't changed. And if Ash had to have an evolving starter Pokemon, it's clearly Froakie.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I have no idea why you're calling Skiddo/Gogoat "gimmick" Pokemon. And while Gogoat has appeared in DA, I fail to understand why that would stop Ash from getting one. I personally find the Skiddo line to be a lot more interesting than the Chespin line, which is why I would prefer Ash with Skiddo/Gogoat instead of Chespin/Quilladin.
    I would only ever choose Skiddo/Gogoat over Chespin for Ash if it guaranteed Ash with Fennekin and Froakie, but personally if I had it my way and if Serena had to have a starter, then Ash will be getting a grass type Pokemon that hasn't been revealed.

And even if it's just a pile of leaves, it'll be different than either Skiddo/Gogoat or Chespin.

Though I'm sure Oorotto will be a grass type.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 18th September 2013 at 11:08 PM.

Though I'm sure Oorotto will be a grass type.
    In the trailer where a horde of Oorotto appeared with one Sudowoodo and they all got hit with Parabolic Charge they took around the same amount of damage. So either Oorotto has REALLY bad Sp.D (Sudo's is already bad), they're not Grass or they have some really weird dual typing with Grass that makes them take neutral from Electric.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    In the trailer where a horde of Oorotto appeared with one Sudowoodo and they all got hit with Parabolic Charge they took around the same amount of damage. So either Oorotto has REALLY bad Sp.D (Sudo's is already bad), they're not Grass or they have some really weird dual typing with Grass that makes them take neutral from Electric.
    Except in a different trailer, they took super effective damage from a fire attack.

Except in a different trailer, they took super effective damage from a fire attack.
    Ah alright. Not bad, I was fearing they were gonna pull another Rock type tree for no reason lol. No need to sound snarky tho. :[
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

well Skiddo hasn't really appeared. Ash could have Skiddo for a little bit. And ash doesn't necessarily need to ride it as Gogoat . Maybe there could be a race thing like in Johto with his Bayleef. Except ash actually rides it.
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

Greninja all the way

Quote Originally Posted by jake279 View Post

I think I said something similar on here or to a friend once. *Bonnie ridding a Skiddo would be a great thing. It be hers (so we don't repeat the whole "Max not having a pokemon thing") and I could see it working with many episodes. Plus as stated it help her keep up, and perhaps at times ahead of the group giving them grief for being so slow.
    Last edited by paipr_christian; 19th September 2013 at 1:09 AM. Reason: forgot to quote what i was replying to
    said a almost 30 year old married guy who part time drives a van.

Two things about Skiddo/Gogoat.... One: it's a gimmick Pokemon that's already getting showtime through Alexa
    Ash got a Snivy after Trip got one.

Ash got a Gliscor after Paul got one.

Ash got a Gible after Khourey got one.

Ash got a Pignite after Bianca got one.

Ash got a Chikorita after Casey got one.

Two: What does Ash even need a riding Pokemon for?
    - To show off the Riding Feature because it's one of the main features in X/Y.

- As Utility, just like every other core Team Member he's had.

When making up a Core Team you ask what that Pokemon can do for the sake of the story. We know what Skiddo/Gogoat can be used for. Chespin is a bit more of an enigma. Is it going to be another Vine Whip Pokemon or something else? It's harder to determine.

The new trailer shows Ash taking care of injured Froakie and Ash with Pikachu and Froakie facing the rampaging Garchomp.

Ash is getting this one, yay!

....and now, her story begins.

Page 685 of 694 FirstFirst ... 585635675681682683684685686687688689 ... LastLast