Page 687 of 694 FirstFirst ... 587637677683684685686687688689690691 ... LastLast
Results 17,151 to 17,175 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    That's a bit of a stretch.

While its still debatable regarding who gets Fennekin or Chespin (since there is no confirmation yet regarding Serena traveling with Ash).

But its almost confirmed that Froakie would go to Ash because if it doesn't, then this would be the first time i have seen such a misleading preview (since being part of the anime for 7 years) which i doubt the writers would do at this point.
    I'm in no way implying Ash won't get Froakie... but Iris and Deino were showed multiple times in the episode preview for said episode
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I'm in no way implying Ash won't get Froakie... but Iris and Deino were showed multiple times in the episode preview for said episode
    Deino had a trainer, it doesn't count.

Plus the preview for this episode isn't as clear cut as this one.

It makes no sense for Ash to be carrying an injured Froakie and on top of that it makes no sense for Froakie to be with Ash and Pikachu in that one scene.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Which means Ash isn't getting any Pokemon then.
    It would be a nice compromise if he didn't get any Starters imo. I'd rather see him with Skiddo, Litleo and Clauncher as his regional Grass, Fire, and Water types to be honest.

Until it actually happens, I do not want Ash to have Skiddo... if not Chespin, give him some other Grass type Pokemon that doesn't serve as an in-game gimmick

Deino had a trainer, it doesn't count.

Plus the preview for this episode isn't as clear cut as this one.

It makes no sense for Ash to be carrying an injured Froakie and on top of that it makes no sense for Froakie to be with Ash and Pikachu in that one scene.
    We didn't know it had a trainer though till the actual episode
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

We didn't know it had a trainer though till the actual episode
    We should've known because it was at a daycare, like in the games, and there was no indication it was wild either.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

We should've known because it was at a daycare, like in the games, and there was no indication it was wild either.
    I knew it likely wasn't...but many are still pissed off by the preview and actual episode

I knew it likely wasn't...but many are still pissed off by the preview and actual episode
    Everyone had every right to be, since the entire episode shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Plus the way it was handled was horrible, leading everyone to think Deino would go with Iris because its trainer likely abandoned it, only for its crippled trainer to hobble in at the last moment. As if calling to say why he won't make it, didn't cross the trainer's mind at all. Making Deino and Iris go through that irrelevant bonding, just for it not really matter in the end.

But it's different with Froakie.

Ash wouldn't be doing all this if it was someone else's Froakie or it wasn't going to lead somewhere. The writers would never write it so it would look like this.

This is the same thing I argued about Sewaddle on Bulbagarden, and most people didn't care to believe me or agree with me.

Everyone had every right to be, since the entire episode shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Plus the way it was handled was horrible, leading everyone to think Deino would go with Iris because its trainer likely abandoned it, only for its crippled trainer to hobble in at the last moment. As if calling to say why he won't make it, didn't cross the trainer's mind at all. Making Deino and Iris go through that irrelevant bonding, just for it not really matter in the end.

But it's different with Froakie.

Ash wouldn't be doing all this if it was someone else's Froakie or it wasn't going to lead somewhere. The writers would never write it so it would look like this.

This is the same thing I argued about Sewaddle on Bulbagarden, and most people didn't care to believe me or agree with me.
    Ash went of his way for multiple Pokemon... Cottonee & Caterpie are recent ones\

Again though, it's probably 99.9% likely Froakie will be Ash's
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 19th September 2013 at 11:41 PM.

Ash went of his way for multiple Pokemon... Cottonee & Caterpie are recent ones
    Froakie is injured, and Ash is doing everything to make sure it gets the help it needs.

Just like Ash jumping into the water to save Sewaddle.

The writers won't put those scenes in if it doesn't lead anywhere.

Ash caring about a Pokemon to such a degree, is the writers way of saying that there is a connection between Ash and said Pokemon.

Any other situation Ash would probably just carry the Pokemon while looking for someone to help, kind of like Cubchoo (though that could be because there was no Pokemon Center nearby) but it's not like they were worried about Cubchoo.

But look at how worried Ash is when looking at Froakie in his arms as he's likely carrying it to the Pokemon center. It would be written differently, and animated differently.

Would never happen that way if there wasn't a connection between the two.

Froakie is injured, and Ash is doing everything to make sure it gets the help it needs.

Just like Ash jumping into the water to save Sewaddle.

The writers won't put those scenes in if it doesn't lead anywhere.

Ash caring about a Pokemon to such a degree, is the writers way of saying that there is a connection between Ash and said Pokemon.

Any other situation Ash would probably just carry the Pokemon while looking for someone to help, kind of like Cubchoo (though that could be because there was no Pokemon Center nearby) but it's not like they were worried about Cubchoo.

But look at how worried Ash is when looking at Froakie in his arms as he's likely carrying it to the Pokemon center. It would be written differently, and animated differently.

Would never happen that way if there wasn't a connection between the two.
    Did you respond before or after my edit?

Did you respond before or after my edit?
    Before.

I'm pretty sure, since I didn't see the 99,9% part of your post.

But my point can be applied to those who don't think Froakie has a chance at all to go with Ash.

But my point can be applied to those who don't think Froakie has a chance at all to go with Ash.
    Pretty sure none exist here

Ash and Froakie was kind of a given. It's the best match between him and the Kalos starters. Especially since they'll likely have Serena be the starting trainer to take Fennekin. That leaves Chespin, which can be Ash's secondary starter.

Kanto : Charizard > Bulbasaur > Squirtle
    Johto : Bayleef > Cyndaquil > Totodile (Gave it to Bayleef because she did get the evolution slot and swept a gym)
    Hoenn : Sceptile
    Sinnoh : Infernape > Torterra
    Unova : Pignite > Oshawott > Snivy
    -
    Kalos : Froakie's Final > Quilladin

sounds fine for me.

Random : PokéRadar

Ash
    Pikachu
    Fletchling-Talonflame
    Froakie-Frogadier
    Tyrunt(I honestly couldn't see Ash getting a Tyrantrum)

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Ash and Froakie was kind of a given. It's the best match between him and the Kalos starters. Especially since they'll likely have Serena be the starting trainer to take Fennekin. That leaves Chespin, which can be Ash's secondary starter.

Kanto : Charizard > Bulbasaur > Squirtle
    Johto : Bayleef > Cyndaquil > Totodile (Gave it to Bayleef because she did get the evolution slot and swept a gym)
    Hoenn : Sceptile
    Sinnoh : Infernape > Torterra
    Unova : Pignite > Oshawott > Snivy
    -
    Kalos : Froakie's Final > Quilladin

sounds fine for me.
    Snivy below oshawott?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Froakie is basically confirmed! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No Fennekin for ash . Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chespin . No comment

i'd like Fully evolved Froakie to have Hydro Pump and Bounce as moves. More so Bounce.
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

Greninja all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I'm going to be frank, I'm quite peeved that Serena is most likely getting Fennekin. That choice is way too predictable and clichéd. Sure, it may end up quite developed and all and I bet that I will get used to that, but I would have preferred Chespin with Serena. May got Torchic (the Fire-type starter) and Dawn got Piplup (the Water-type starter) so it could have been interesting if Serena got Chespin (the Grass-type starter) to complete the circle. But I guess that's just me.
    Serena getting Chespin would go against the manga pattern for girls based on player character. The pattern goes Water, Grass, and then fire. Kanto girl didn't appear but according to pattern would of got squirtle, Lyra had chickorita, May had torchic, Dawn had Piplup, Unova girl would of had Snivy, and according the pattern Serena gets Fennekin.

Amazing how many patterns you can find in the anime.

I heard Ash is supposed to be 13 in XY. If it's true omg...

Quote Originally Posted by Zariful View Post
    Froakie is basically confirmed! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No Fennekin for ash . Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chespin . No comment

i'd like Fully evolved Froakie to have Hydro Pump and Bounce as moves. More so Bounce.
    you know..i would actually want him to get Fennekin as well..i mean it looks awesome and I personally really like it XD maybe its coz im bias towards fire types
    but ya...Froakie fully evolved and Fennekin full evolved would be my preference

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikepiex7 View Post
    Serena getting Chespin would go against the manga pattern for girls based on player character. The pattern goes Water, Grass, and then fire. Kanto girl didn't appear but according to pattern would of got squirtle, Lyra had chickorita, May had torchic, Dawn had Piplup, Unova girl would of had Snivy, and according the pattern Serena gets Fennekin.

Amazing how many patterns you can find in the anime.
    Gary got Squirtle, though.

And what do patterns in the manga have to do with the anime anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Gary got Squirtle, though.

And what do patterns in the manga have to do with the anime anyway?
    In the manga Blue(Gary) has a Charizard, but yea, the manga is completely different from the anime. It's more based on the games rather than its own storyline.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    In the manga Blue(Gary) has a Charizard, but yea, the manga is completely different from the anime. It's more based on the games rather than its own storyline.
    I'm aware, but the post I quoted suggested that if there had been a female companion to get a Starter in Kanto they would have gotten Squirtle, hence my response.

There is one thing some need to learn from the writers, if you think something will happen, then they troll us. Look at the Palpitoad episode when everyone thought it was fake, and they troll us and tell us it is real. Anything can happen to these writers, even the switch-a-roo with starters.

Ilikepiex7 This is what I wrote in the other thread, I do not say who she got-
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    Here is a thought I just think of, what if Serena started the same time Gary did, and she is the one that got Bulbasaur or Charmander, thinking that the Pokemon Origins are different set of Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. I will not disagree that she will get a XY starter, but if the professor will give Ash Froakie, like Juniper give him Oshawott last gen, then what if she already has a Pokemon too.
    Last edited by Cuddy; 20th September 2013 at 6:25 AM. Reason: Added to post

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    There is one thing some need to learn from the writers, if you think something will happen, then they troll us. Look at the Palpitoad episode when everyone thought it was fake, and they troll us and tell us it is real.
    Could you clarify what I've quoted because it doesn't make any sense to me.

Page 687 of 694 FirstFirst ... 587637677683684685686687688689690691 ... LastLast