Page 691 of 694 FirstFirst ... 591641681687688689690691692693694 LastLast
Results 17,251 to 17,275 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

  1. #17251
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokefandt View Post
    Maybe they feel Clauncer will be too similar to Corphish?
    Thats kinda why I wanted Clauncher, it could have so much potential and then I would love interactions between Clauncher-Corphish-Kingler

  2. #17252
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Thats kinda why I wanted Clauncher, it could have so much potential and then I would love interactions between Clauncher-Corphish-Kingler
    I kind of see your point with that, but it just has no chance now. Unless ash rotates again, but that seems very unlikely now especially since froakie might be his only starter. Claunchler would get even less screen time than palpitoad.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  3. #17253
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I kind of see your point with that, but it just has no chance now. Unless ash rotates again, but that seems very unlikely now especially since froakie might be his only starter. Claunchler would get even less screen time than palpitoad.
    Yep, that's why hopefully Serena gets Clauncher

  4. #17254
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,669

    Default

    Exactly.. In fact it was stated that no XY Pokemon will have them at all, meaning that unless Ash really does call in reserves, then we're not likely to see one on his team..
    ... it isn't possible that he'd catch a new Pokemon? Some Megas are single-stage Pokemon after all.

  5. #17255
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,152

    Default

    Unless there's really that few marketable 6th gen Pokemon, then I can't see him adding older generation Pokemon to his team..

  6. #17256
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Unless there's really that few marketable 6th gen Pokemon, then I can't see him adding older generation Pokemon to his team..
    I'll just keep saying this till people get it stuck in their brains.

    Ash Makes The Pokemon On His Team Marketable whatever ones they make him capture. So yeah, it's gonna be all 6th gen. Pokemon I believe. Older Pokemon's "Mega Evolution's" are not Kalos Pokemon
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  7. #17257
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I'll just keep saying this till people get it stuck in their brains.

    Ash Makes The Pokemon On His Team Marketable whatever ones they make him capture. So yeah, it's gonna be all 6th gen. Pokemon I believe. Older Pokemon's "Mega Evolution's" are not Kalos Pokemon
    He didn't make palpitoad marketable.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  8. #17258
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,669

    Default

    Ash skipped out on quite a few things, but Mega Evolutions seem to be one of the two big changes they're pushing this Generation. The other being Fairy Typing.

    Ash might not get a Fairy Pokemon since so many of them are decidedly girly, but there's no reason he couldn't get a Mega. There are plenty of older Pokemon that are marketable. You don't stop selling merchandise of them just because it's a new Generation. Just look at how much Eevee, Riolu/Lucario, and Charizard merchandise we got during Generation 5. All that Johto stuff we got during Generation 4. Kanto throwback in Generation III ... because we didn't get enough of that in Generation II.

    Don't say that it's going to be all-Kalos because we didn't even get that even in isolated Unova.
    Last edited by An00bis; 21st September 2013 at 6:00 PM.

  9. #17259
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    He didn't make palpitoad marketable.
    The writers hardly made him usable...which worked the opposite for Stunfisk and Cilan. Cilan hardly used him, yet the Fisk sold tons of merch
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  10. #17260
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    He didn't make palpitoad marketable.
    Can you post the receipts confirming that?

    I think its highly likely that Palpitoad gained more fans after it's anime capture..

  11. #17261
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Ash skipped out on quite a few things, but Mega Evolutions seem to be one of the two big changes they're pushing this Generation. The other being Fairy Typing.

    Ash might not get a Fairy Pokemon since so many of them are decidedly girly, but there's no reason he couldn't get a Mega. There are plenty of older Pokemon that are marketable. You don't stop selling merchandise of them just because it's a new Generation. Just look at how much Eevee, Riolu/Lucario, and Charizard merchandise we got during Generation 5. All that Johto stuff we got during Generation 4. Kanto throwback in Generation III ... because we didn't get enough of that in Generation II.

    Don't say that it's going to be all-Kalos because we didn't even get that even in isolated Unova.
    Ash could get xerneas and kill two birds with one stone. It promotes fairy types and he could use it to ride around.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  12. #17262
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Ash skipped out on quite a few things, but Mega Evolutions seem to be one of the two big changes they're pushing this Generation. The other being Fairy Typing.

    Ash might not get a Fairy Pokemon since so many of them are decidedly girly, but there's no reason he couldn't get a Mega. There are plenty of older Pokemon that are marketable. You don't stop selling merchandise of them just because it's a new Generation. Just look at how much Eevee, Riolu/Lucario, and Charizard merchandise we got during Generation 5. All that Johto stuff we got during Generation 4. Kanto throwback in Generation III ... because we didn't get enough of that in Generation II.

    Don't say that it's going to be all-Kalos because we didn't even get that even in isolated Unova.
    No Kalos Pokemon are getting Mega Evolution's, that's been confirmed. The only time Ash ever caught a past gen Pokemon in a current generation was when they evolve into a newer generation Pokemon. You could argue that might not have been the case for Aipom, but it ended up happening in the end. Mega Evolution doesn't make the Pokemon a new Generation. In Johto he only caught Johto Pokemon, in Hoenn, he only caught Hoenn Pokemon (Aipom's capture got neutralized), in Sinnoh, he caught Gligar which evolved into Gliscor, so only Sinnoh Pokemon. Unova, only Unova Pokemon.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  13. #17263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Ash skipped out on quite a few things, but Mega Evolutions seem to be one of the two big changes they're pushing this Generation. The other being Fairy Typing.

    Ash might not get a Fairy Pokemon since so many of them are decidedly girly, but there's no reason he couldn't get a Mega. There are plenty of older Pokemon that are marketable. You don't stop selling merchandise of them just because it's a new Generation. Just look at how much Eevee, Riolu/Lucario, and Charizard merchandise we got during Generation 5. All that Johto stuff we got during Generation 4. Kanto throwback in Generation III ... because we didn't get enough of that in Generation II.

    Don't say that it's going to be all-Kalos because we didn't even get that even in isolated Unova.
    I'm confused. Did we even get any Lucario merchandise?

    Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

    Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

  14. #17264
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    No Kalos Pokemon are getting Mega Evolution's, that's been confirmed. The only time Ash ever caught a past gen Pokemon in a current generation was when they evolve into a newer generation Pokemon. You could argue that might not have been the case for Aipom, but it ended up happening in the end. Mega Evolution doesn't make the Pokemon a new Generation. In Johto he only caught Johto Pokemon, in Hoenn, he only caught Hoenn Pokemon (Aipom's capture got neutralized), in Sinnoh, he caught Gligar which evolved into Gliscor, so only Sinnoh Pokemon. Unova, only Unova Pokemon.
    Well it seems likely we could still see some old gen pokemon get regular new evolutions. We already know eevee got one, so maybe like farfetch'd could get a flying/fighting evo and he could catch and evolve it.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  15. #17265
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    He didn't make palpitoad marketable.
    At least my interest towards Palpitoad grew when Ash captured it, no matter how badly it was treated. I can't be the only one.

    About Mega evolutions: I have a feeling Ash will mainly stick with new Pokémon, but get hands on at least one (or a few) Mega evolutions in the long run. I have a feeling that the guy with Mega Blaziken is going to be handling a major part of showcasing Mega evolutions, whoever (s)he might be. I don't even know if I get a bad or good vibe from this person. It might become a bigger sub plot in the series - I personally don't see Mega evolutions for main characters (like Ash) happening in the anime just like that, straight from the start. I feel like it needs some foreshadowing first, maybe dealing with this mysterious person first (and the wild Garchomp in the very first episodes, which I feel might turn into Mega Garchomp at some point).
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

  16. #17266
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I'm confused. Did we even get any Lucario merchandise?
    Even if it did, it was only because they dragged it in to defeat Pikachu after being unable to do that in the Sinnoh League. It's not like they chose any older generation Pokemon to market "just because"..

  17. #17267
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Even if it did, it was only because they dragged it in to defeat Pikachu after being unable to do that in the Sinnoh League. It's not like they chose any older generation Pokemon to market "just because"..
    The kind of did with shinx in the cheren episode.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  18. #17268
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,152

    Default

    Shinx wasn't being promoted like the others were though, it was just shown in an episode..

    Eevee was heavily promoted due to Sylveon's upcoming unveiling.
    Riolu/Lucario were heavily promoted to make up for their Sinnoh League letdown.
    Charizard was heavily promoted purely to boost profits.
    Dragonite was promoted as Iris' high powered Dragon, so that they could continue to heavily market Axew.
    Last edited by ShinyCharyZard; 21st September 2013 at 6:30 PM.

  19. #17269
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Since it was mentioned I'd love to see Serena with a Furfrou, that would be such an interesting, match-up and I'd like to see it happen.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  20. #17270
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Shinx wasn't being promoted like the others were though, it was just shown in an episode..

    Eevee was heavily promoted due to Sylveon's upcoming unveiling.
    Riolu/Lucario were heavily promoted to make up for their Sinnoh League letdown.
    Charizard was heavily promoted purely to boost profits.
    Dragonite was promoted as Iris' high powered Dragon, so that they could continue to heavily market Axew.
    Riolu/lucario were marketed because they were in the games.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  21. #17271
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,669

    Default

    I'm confused. Did we even get any Lucario merchandise?
    We're getting Lucario on merchandise in Kalos. MegaLucario's also on the first anime poster.

    In Unova we got a lot of Riolu/Lucario merchandise around leading up to the Pokemon League. Riolu and Lucario were on the Best Wishes Season 2 poster. Same with Eevee who got a floodgate of merchandise in the last year of Generation 5 and will also be appearing on Generation 6 merchandise.

    Oh, and I'm not saying it'll be Riolu/Lucario. Goodness no. I'm saying that just because it's a New Region doesn't mean they stop promoting old Pokemon, which is true.

    The only time Ash ever caught a past gen Pokemon in a current generation was when they evolve into a newer generation Pokemon.
    Mega Evolution is a completely new concept. We're not sure how they're going to treat them in terms of merchandising and anime appearances.

  22. #17272
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    The writers hardly made him usable...which worked the opposite for Stunfisk and Cilan. Cilan hardly used him, yet the Fisk sold tons of merch
    Stunfisk had a bit of merchandise, we have no way of knowing how much was sold. And no, marketability is not the sole reason for a Pokemon being captured, there have been plenty of Pokemon in the past that aren't traditionally cute that I've seen little to zero merchandising for that have been caught. The birds, Sewaddle, Palpitoad, Dwebble and a few others just stick out immediately. The writers give the main characters what ever they want at the end of the day.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Shinx wasn't being promoted like the others were though, it was just shown in an episode..

    Eevee was heavily promoted due to Sylveon's upcoming unveiling.
    Riolu/Lucario were heavily promoted to make up for their Sinnoh League letdown.
    Wrong on the latter, do you really think the marketing and merchandising department give a crap about any "letdown" viewed by a minority of English-speaking nerds on a Pokemon forum that they likely don't know exist, nor would even pay attention to if they knew they existed? Riolu and Eevee were just well promoted Pokemon due to BW2, the Eeveelutions and tie to Sylveon just got intertwined in that mess.
    Charizard was heavily promoted purely to boost profits.
    It was heavily promoted to make money, so yes, pretty much like every Pokemon.
    Dragonite was promoted as Iris' high powered Dragon, so that they could continue to heavily market Axew.
    Again, another BW2 correlation, you can capture MultiScales Dragonite via Hidden Hollow in-game in BW2. Plus it's often looked at as a parallel to Charizard and works with dual merchandising, I'm almost positive it had just about 0% to do with Axew's lack of evolution.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Can you post the receipts confirming that?

    I think its highly likely that Palpitoad gained more fans after it's anime capture..
    You mean more fans on an English-speaking Pokemon board with maybe around 100 members with only about 30 or so of those members being really vocal and in the grand scheme of things don't represent/stand for the "general consensus" for the Pokemon fanbase of possibly millions? The main buyers and consumers of said fanbase being children?
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 22nd September 2013 at 4:59 AM.

  23. #17273
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,152

    Default

    I really can't be bothered to sift through that to quote the only bits I need, so I'll just say this..

    The final DP opening hinted that Lucario was intended to have a battle against Ash, most likely in the league. It's also highly plausible that Entei was intended to be used as well; but shortly after the inclusion of these Pokemon in said opening, BW was revealed and thus altered the way that Sinnoh ended. I feel we could safely put money on the fact that Tobias was meant to utilise the unused Pokemon and only ended up with Latios for a quick wipeout, after the pre-BW rush began. Anyway after this, the writers were probably a bit disappointed that they couldn't include their precious Lucario (which you can't deny appears to be a favourite to them), so instead they found a way to write it into the Unova League.

    As for Palpitoad, you act as if this forum holds its only fans. The worlds a big place, it's popularity would've increased EVERYWHERE after Ash caught it. Surely no-one is silly enough to deny that..

  24. #17274
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,074

    Default

    It didn't hint at anything, just like Charizard battling Reshiram didn't hint at anything either, you are free to believe that but its just an opening showing stuff.

    The only opening that seems to actually be showing everything it in was the DA opening, basicly everything that was there appeared.

  25. #17275
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,669

    Default

    We didn't get the Sunflora in the very first scene.

    The final DP opening hinted that Lucario was intended to have a battle against Ash
    Just like that rematch with Ritchie in the Orange Islands!

Page 691 of 694 FirstFirst ... 591641681687688689690691692693694 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •