Page 692 of 694 FirstFirst ... 592642682688689690691692693694 LastLast
Results 17,276 to 17,300 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

We did, a bunch of Sunflora appeared in the Combee episode I believe.

I checked the Animedex, Bulbapedia, and the Screenshots in two places and didn't see any.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Last time we saw sunflora was in cherens episode.

Maybe Ash will randomly pass a field of them while walking through pallet?

There were no sunflora in that episode. So the intro was misleading yet again.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Misleading openings or not, we could've rightly assumed right from the beginning of DP that Pikachu was destined to lose to a Lucario in the league.. and if it wasn't for BW appearing and being forced upon us so suddenly, then that would've probably still happened and we wouldn't have had to deal with the disaster that was Cameron in the Unova League..

Surely no-one honestly believes that Latios and the terribly rushed final DP episodes were planned out that way..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

According to Iwaru, he said that the number of Pokemon Ash will get is limited, question is, is it more limited like just a main party or similar to his captures in Unova?
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    According to Iwaru, he said that the number of Pokemon Ash will get is limited, question is, is it more limited like just a main party or similar to his captures in Unova?
    I'm assuming you have a source to back that up?

Source please.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Source please.
    http://6727.teacup.com/iwanemasaaki/bbs

It's his bottom comment on the first page and is in Japanese. I translated it on Bing.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Surely no-one honestly believes that Latios and the terribly rushed final DP episodes were planned out that way..
    ... I don't think that there's any reason to change it. Ash was going to lose at the Sinnoh League no matter what. It didn't matter whether he lost against a Latios, a Lucario, or a Pikachu. The loss was scripted. They planned for him to lose. The entire time. Because this is a franchise that revolves around the Main Character going from place to place finding new Pokemon to showcase.

The way I saw it Tobias was there to give a justifiable reason for Ash to be eliminated at his strongest. His regional team just came off an impressive victory against Paul. His reserves put up a good fight against Tobias. It wasn't a complete sweep and one of the older Pokemon pushed the envelope and walked away with a win. It was a way for him to lose and not be pegged as completely terrible / under-prepared. Instead of " it was Ash's fault " it was more " Ash did his best ".

I thought the reason we got more Riolu/Lucario in Unova was simply because it was an extremely popular evolution line. The same with the Eeveelutions. Best Wishes Season 2 was a big push for marketable Pokemon and merchandise so we saw a lot of things that didn't necessarily make sense happening. Dragonite joining Iris. Charizard rejoining the team for an extended period. Meloetta traveling with the group for absolutely no reason. A new Mewtwo. Stopping the League for Axew Filler. When you isolate one thing like the Lucario thing it looks unusual, but then you look at everything else and it's more " Yeah they're pandering to sell plushies ".

So yeah openings lie. Posters lie. Promotional material lie.

You have to understand that the course of the anime is pretty much determined before the region begins. I think the process described by Sakurai for Super Smash Brothers is a similar process used for the selection process of Pokemon to promote in the anime. I don't think it's entirely up to the writers what they do and when. The Pokemon Company tells the writers what Pokemon they want to promote and when and the writers plan accordingly. Their taking an educated guess on which Pokemon will be popular and planning their promotional material (episodes) accordingly.

So not 10 Pokemon this time? All-righty then.

Ash could get by with 5-6. He did for several regions.
    Last edited by An00bis; 22nd September 2013 at 4:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    ... I don't think that there's any reason to change it. Ash was going to lose at the Sinnoh League no matter what. It didn't matter whether he lost against a Latios, a Lucario, or a Pikachu. The loss was scripted. They planned for him to lose. The entire time. Because this is a franchise that revolves around the Main Character going from place to place finding new Pokemon to showcase.

The way I saw it Tobias was there to give a justifiable reason for Ash to be eliminated at his strongest. His regional team just came off an impressive victory against Paul. His reserves put up a good fight against Tobias. It wasn't a complete sweep and one of the older Pokemon pushed the envelope and walked away with a win. It was a way for him to lose and not be pegged as completely terrible / under-prepared. Instead of " it was Ash's fault " it was more " Ash did his best ".

I thought the reason we got more Riolu/Lucario in Unova was simply because it was an extremely popular evolution line. The same with the Eeveelutions. Best Wishes Season 2 was a big push for marketable Pokemon and merchandise so we saw a lot of things that didn't necessarily make sense happening. Dragonite joining Iris. Charizard rejoining the team for an extended period. Meloetta traveling with the group for absolutely no reason. A new Mewtwo. Stopping the League for Axew Filler. When you isolate one thing like the Lucario thing it looks unusual, but then you look at everything else and it's more " Yeah they're pandering to sell plushies ".

So yeah openings lie. Posters lie. Promotional material lie.

You have to understand that the course of the anime is pretty much determined before the region begins. I think the process described by Sakurai for Super Smash Brothers is a similar process used for the selection process of Pokemon to promote in the anime. I don't think it's entirely up to the writers what they do and when. The Pokemon Company tells the writers what Pokemon they want to promote and when and the writers plan accordingly. Their taking an educated guess on which Pokemon will be popular and planning their promotional material (episodes) accordingly.

So not 10 Pokemon this time? All-righty then.

Ash could get by with 5-6. He did for several regions.
    Not to once again mention that both eevee and riolu/lucario were in black/white 2 and some of.the biggest draws and appeals.of the games.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I didn't see any...? I did see a Combee on the Best Wishes season 2 poster and it didn't appear until Da! I guess Sunflora from the opening were suppose to be from the EN Cheren episode but they just used the scene for the opening anyway though.

http://6727.teacup.com/iwanemasaaki/bbs

It's his bottom comment on the first page and is in Japanese. I translated it on Bing.
    Where do you even find something like that from lol...?

And how do you even translate something like that properly? It says something about a "draft", so it could just be an idea for now, not sure if that's a reliable source to begin with though.

Idk, if Ash may or may not capture a lot of new Pokemon again but I hope rotation returns and he captures a lot more Pokemon maybe.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Seeing all these posters and merchandise, I think this will be Ash's team:
    - Pikachu
    - Fletchling
    - Froakie
    - Chespin
    - Litleo
    - Pancham
    - Swirlix

Just a guess, could be something entirely different though.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Last time we saw sunflora was in cherens episode.

Maybe Ash will randomly pass a field of them while walking through pallet?
    Oh yeah that was it when the pokemon ran from the school sorry for the confusion guys and tks for the correction , for some reason I though it appeared in the Combee episode weird.

Not to once again mention that both eevee and riolu/lucario were in black/white 2 and some of.the biggest draws and appeals.of the games.
    Riolu was catchable in Heart and Soul. Eevee was catchable in Diamond and Pearl. So neither were groundbreaking concepts.

Charmander/Charizard, for how extensively he was marketed, was not given away during the time Charizard was on the cast in Best Wishes Season 2. That was actually pretty unusual since they gave away several Pokemon based on the main cast's Pokemon over the course of Best Wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Seeing all these posters and merchandise, I think this will be Ash's team:
    - Pikachu
    - Fletchling
    - Froakie
    - Chespin
    - Litleo
    - Pancham
    - Swirlix

Just a guess, could be something entirely different though.
    I love this guess. Especially since froakie is on there

@Chomper4 : I think they realized that they failed with rotation system because Unfezant , Palpitoad and Boldore were pretty mistreated . The starters , Krookodile , Scraggy and to a lesser extent Leavanny were treated the best
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

Greninja all the way

^They never realized anythikng.

My predictions for the first two cours (26 episodes) of the XY series:

Ash:
    Pikachu
    Fletchling
    Froakie
    Fennekin
    Skiddo

Serena:
    Chespin
    Litleo
    Spritzee or Flabebe

Clemont:
    Dedenne
    Bunnelby

Jesse:
    Wobbuffet
    Inkay

James:
    Mime Jr
    Pancham
    Last edited by rootsofjustice; 22nd September 2013 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    Idk, if Ash may or may not capture a lot of new Pokemon again but I hope rotation returns and he captures a lot more Pokemon maybe.
    I'd really like that because there's so many awesome Pokemon in 6th generation and I'd like Ash to at least get one of them

I'll be fine with 7-8 Kalos Pokemon for Ash. I hate how Pikachu ruins Ash's captures, otherwise maybe I'd fine with just six, but eight would be really nice.

========
    ========
    ========

And who the hell is Iwaru and what does he/she have to do with the anime?

I've never even heard that name. The closest name to that I have heard is Iwata, and he really shouldn't have anything to do with anime.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    And who the hell is Iwaru and what does he/she have to do with the anime?

I've never even heard that name. The closest name to that I have heard is Iwata, and he really shouldn't have anything to do with anime.
    They meant Iwane, Masaaki Iwane, the great animator whose episodes tend to look the best.

From the current Pokemon so far, I definetly see Ash getting:

-Pikachu (ofc).
    -Froakie (the bonding pretty much guarantees imo).
    -Bulbasaur/Chespin/Other Grass Type (Bulbasaur may return to eventually Mega Evolve, Chespin because Ash always gets the grass starter or some other unknown grass type.
    -Fletchling (Ash always gets the regional bird).
    -Clauncher (Ash always gets the crab/lobster like Pokemon).

That's it for now. Litleo seems to suit Ash's style but i'm unsure.

I honestly think that if they do intend to give Ash both Talonflame and another Fire type, then Litleo is a given.. it's just so marketable being a baby lion cub with those big cute eyes..

Female hopefully, since I prefer Pyroar's female design.. but then I love the species as a whole, so I can accept either..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    They meant Iwane, Masaaki Iwane, the great animator whose episodes tend to look the best.
    Oh Iwane.

Okay.

But he's an animator, so unless they are at a point, animating and he doesn't see Ash with so many Pokemon. I'm not sure we should take his word for it.

For all we know, it could be a few more months (for them) before suddenly Ash decides to catch more Pokemon, so they haven't got there yet, or something, I don't know.

Plus he was being vague if that, if it even was Iwane.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Plus he was being vague if that, if it even was Iwane.
    Yeah, Iwane rarely, almost never, answers questions directly. He answers politely, saying to look forward to the show, etc.

The one bit I can remember is that he expressed difficulty over animating Iris's Fraxure (if Axew evolved) outside the ball all the time. I guess they just wanted to keep Axew a cute mascot at the end of the day. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    From the current Pokemon so far, I definetly see Ash getting:

-Clauncher (Ash always gets the crab/lobster like Pokemon).
    Ash didn't get Dwebble/Crustle.

Page 692 of 694 FirstFirst ... 592642682688689690691692693694 LastLast