Page 693 of 694 FirstFirst ... 593643683689690691692693694 LastLast
Results 17,301 to 17,325 of 17331

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread VI: Unova Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Arena

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I honestly think that if they do intend to give Ash both Talonflame and another Fire type, then Litleo is a given.. it's just so marketable being a baby lion cub with those big cute eyes..

Female hopefully, since I prefer Pyroar's female design.. but then I love the species as a whole, so I can accept either..
    Cubchoo, Deerling were in merchandise, super cute, etc and were never given to anyone just heavly marketed.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Oh Iwane.

Okay.

But he's an animator, so unless they are at a point, animating and he doesn't see Ash with so many Pokemon. I'm not sure we should take his word for it.

For all we know, it could be a few more months (for them) before suddenly Ash decides to catch more Pokemon, so they haven't got there yet, or something, I don't know.

Plus he was being vague if that, if it even was Iwane.
    its a studio they work together, the animators are aware of the writers decisions and if BW tells us anything, spamming moves with stock footage tells me they actually have a say on thing the writing staff does, like "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeah lets just reuse Hidden power in 300 pokemon, why would you guys want to give us more work?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Cubchoo, Deerling were in merchandise, super cute, etc and were never given to anyone just heavly marketed.

its a studio they work together, the animators are aware of the writers decisions and if BW tells us anything, spamming moves with stock footage tells me they actually have a say on thing the writing staff does, like "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeah lets just reuse Hidden power in 300 pokemon, why would you guys want to give us more work?"
    He may know a lot, but I'm sure the writers and executive producers know a lot more, especially if that means the writers and executive producers haven't quite agreed on certain things about the anime yet, and are still in the early stages of development.

I think Iwane would only get involved if it involves a finished script ready for animation, then I'm sure Iwane can mention how much he wants to be changed for convenience sakes.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Or maybe because it's cheaper? They're not lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zariful View Post
    @Chomper4 : I think they realized that they failed with rotation system because Unfezant , Palpitoad and Boldore were pretty mistreated . The starters , Krookodile , Scraggy and to a lesser extent Leavanny were treated the best
    And because of whom did it fail.

I doubt it was because those pokemons were bad and Ash did want to use them.

It was the writers fault that the "Rotation System" failed in BW Saga in the first place, since they didn't want Ash's reserve pokemons to hog the precious on-screen time of Pikachu, Oshawott (and the other Starters) and Axew.

OK, let me tell my ideas for future captures. I'll start with the new characters:

1ş) Serena: I believe this girl will follow the examples of May and Dawn. I don't think they will use the Pokemon Contest again, but I wonder which will be her goal; because it can't be the same that Ash to enter the Kalos' League.
    + Fennekin: Her starter Pokemon, which I believe she will choose. The "possibly female" look of this Pokemon is a clear sign.
    + Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon: Similar to May's Beautifly. I guess it also resembles Ash's Butterfree, but I don't believe he will capture another Butterfly Pokemon.
    + Meowstic: Similar to May's Skitty, it will also be a female. And just like Skitty, Meowth will have a crush on her; they even have similar names.

2ş) Clemont: We need more info about him to deduce his Pokemon, but I have the suspiction his Gym is of Normal Pokemon. Electric types that eclipse Pikachu?, I don't think. They can be "electric support", but never stronger than our star. So let's see the possibilities.
    + Bunnelby: Already confirmed by a scan. Honestly, I expected Bunnelby for Serena, mirroring Dawn's Buneary, but without the crush on Pikachu.
    + Furfrou: The only other Normal type we know until now. I'm not entirely convinced by it, but I guess a Dog Pokemon can be really useful.
    * Aipom/Ambipom: An oldie but a possible goodie. Since Clemont use a device he calls the "Aipom's arm", why is he not going to have one of those Pokemon?

3ş) Bonnie: Just like Max, it's obvious this little girl is not older enough to have Pokemon yet; but that doesn't mean she can't make her big brother to catch some Pokemon for her to play. I believe she's going to be a fan of the new Fairy Type Pokemon.
    + Dedenne: By the scans, I think it's obvious that's oficially one of his brother's Pokemon. But considering how it appears playing with Bonnie in the scans, I guess we can consider it "unofficially" as her Pokemon.

4ş) Team Rocket: It's confirmed that Jessie's Wobbuffet is back, which clearly mean they are going to return to their old "clown roles". However, to make them silly but dangerous, I would like they would have all their Pokemon from the beginning; 5 Pokemon of Jessie (Wobbuffet, Seviper, Yanmega, Woobat and Frillish), 4 Pokemon of James (Carnivine, Mime Jr, Yamask and Amoongus) and, of course, Meowth. They would only need two new captures to have a full team.
    + Inkay/Malamar: A clear option because of its evilish look. The only problem is, evolved, it may be a Pokemon unworthily powerful for the trio. On the other hand, it may be like Seviper's case, it looks dangerous in the wild, but once it's captured, it's infected with the trio's foolishness.
    + Skrelp: I don't know, between all the other Pokemon seen until now, this is the only one I found suitable for the trio, besides Inkay/Malamar. It look slike an evil version of Misty's horsea.
    * I really hope the rumours about the Trio capturin Pancham/Pangoro and Litleo will be false. These Pokemon are too cute unevolved and too cool evolved to fit with the trio Rocket, don't you think?

5ş) Ash: I hope a lot from Ash, considering the messes from Best Wishes. I'll talk about his new captures in Kalos.
    + Froakie: This capture seems confirmed by the new trailer. I just hope the old tradition of "not evolving the Water Types" will be broken in this case.
    + Chespin: Well, Ash always captures the Grass Starter of each region (Bulbasaur, Bayleef, Sceptile, Torterra and Snivy), so why is he not going to do it again?
    + Fletchling/Talonflame: His classic "Flying type for rookies" like all the other regions (Pidgeot, Noctowl, Swellow, Staraptor and Unfezant). The problem this time is that I find it a little uncomfortable being also a Fire type after evolving. It doesn't suit having the roles of Flying type and Fire type in Ash's team covered by the same Pokemon. However, it can turn like Ash having both Charizard and Pignite in the Decorola Islands; so I guess Ash can still have another Fire type. After all, isn't his name "Ash"?
    + Litleo/Pyroar: A male one it's the perfect choice to cover the role of Ash's Fire type in Kalos, especially once he evolves. (This is definetely a Pokemon they can't give to Team Rocket).
    + Pancham/Pangoro: Its combination Dark/Fighting suits very well for Ash. Besides, Ash tends to capture Pokemon with similar traits; just like Krookodile's Sunglasses mimic the ones of Squirtle. And Pancham/Pangoro's habit of having a leaf or a twig in its mouth makes me think a lot in Ash's Sceptile. Ash have to capture this Pokemon!! (I also hope this Pokemon won't end with the Trio Rockets, ot it will be a terrible loss).

+ Clauncher: This is another capture that I can't avoid to think that Ash will capture, considering his tradition of capturin Pokemon Crabs (Kingler and Corphish). I found it difficult if Froakie is going to be officially his Water Pokemon, but weirder thinks have already happened.
    + The Fossil Pokemon: I think it's about time for Ash to finally catch one of these Fossil Pokemon, since they are no longer so "rare" and we have seen some trainer with these kind of Pokemon. In Tesselia, Ash could have get a Tirtouga because he always captures the urtle Pokemon (Squirtle, Torkoal and Turtwig); but that was a missed opportunity. It would be cool for Ash to have a Dinosaur Pokemon in his team, and I think both of them are suitable; Tyrunt/Tyrantrum because of the violent fighting style, and Amaura/Aurorus because it makes think about Ash's Lapras. However, I believe the chances are more in Tyrunt/Tyrantrum's side, because if Ash captures one, it could be like a reference to Pokemon's Digital Twin Series, Digimon. Tyrunt/Tyrantrum are very similar to Agumon/Greymon, as both are based on a T-Rex, don't you think?
    + Finally, I believe Ash's should capture a Pokemon from a type he hasn't captured until now. He always do that in each new Generation. He captured a Ground type in Johto (Phanpy/Donphan), an Ice type in Hoenn (Glalie, in case Lapras doesn't count), a Dragon type in Sinnoh (Gible), two Dark types (Krookodile and Scraggy) and a Rock type (Boldore, in case Larvitar doesn't count) in Tesselia. So now, Ash should try to capture the remaining 3 types (Psychic, Ghost and Steel) and the new Fairy type; although this new type is so not Ash's style).

About Ash's bringing some of his old Pokemon to Kalos, these are the best candidates.
    + Charizard: Obviously, this guy will have to appear in this region to be able to become Mega Charizard. The most locical thing would be that Ash will take it with him to Kalos, along with Pikachu, but something tells me that wouldn't happen.
    + Bulbasaur and Squirtle: Since you will recieve a Kanto's Starter Pokemon in the game, I would like to see Ash bringing Bulbasaur and Squirtle with him, make them evolve, and then Mega Evolve. Clearly, Bulbasaur is way more possible than Squirtle, since our favourite turtle is with the Squirtle Squad; but after so many years, I wouldn't count of seeing these two evolving ever.
    + Sceptile: We have seen all three starters from Kanto having Mega Evolutions, and also Blaziken, which is one of Hoenn's Starters. So, if Blaziken is going to have an Mega Evolution, why wouldn't the other two starters from Hoenn? Considering this, Sceptile should have a Mega Evolution too; and if I'm right, then Ash could bring his Pokemon to make him Mega Evolve too.
    + Gible: Considering Garchomp also has a Mega Evolution, I guess the most logical thing would be Ash bringing his old Gible back, make him evolve to Gabita and then to Garchomp, and then finally get its Mega Evolution. It wouldn't have fun for Ash capturing a Garchomp, so bringing Gible back is way more acceptable.
    + All seasons allow Ash bringing back some of his old Pokemon and make them complete their "unfinished development". In Hoenn, Phanpy returned and evolved to Donphan. In Sinnoh, Cyndaquil evolved to Quilava and several of Ash's Pokemon get way better moves; especially Noctowl. Here in Tesselia, we haven't seen none of those; and Charizard's returned didn't actually show anything too cool. So I believe some of Ash's Pokemon should return and improve. I would choice Totodile evolving to Croconaw and Feraligator (by the Pokemon we saw in the 16th movie), Corphish evolving to Crawdaunt (giving Ash his third Dark type) and and Buizel evolving to Floatzel (since he's a traded Pokemon which grows faster than usual, he should have evolved long ago).

Finally, I believe Ash should be able to capture some Pokemon from previous generations, as he has done in the past. He captured a Beedrill and a Seaking in Johto, an Aipom in Hoenn and a Gligar in Sinnoh. I believe this is Pokemon's way to keep its story save from being "forgotten". These are the best candidates for that:
    + Sableye: Considering the increasing popularity of this Pokemon after the 16th movie, I think it's a potential possibility. Besides, in Hoenn, Ash could have perfectly capture this Pokemon the first time the saw it in the sixth season. Maybe it will have an new evolution in this Generation.
    + Riolu/Lucario: They are really making impossible for Ash to capture a Pokemon he should definetely have, considering Ash's connection with the Aura.
    + Absol: Another Pokemon I believe Ash should have captured in Hoenn. It's new Mega Evolution rocks, so I think Ash could capture an Absol too.

Well, what do you think of all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Or maybe because it's cheaper? They're not lazy.
    Thats being lazy from the studio, I'm sure Pokemon Company pays they very well and like I said they do the same thing with Inazuma Eleven Go, they just reuse stock footage and its the same studio.

It seems to be a studio policy, Pokemon and Level 5 are doing tons of money rigth now for their respective companies I doubt the budget for the anime went down that much for them to start doing this and maybe calling them lazy is me overdoing it but atleast if its their bosses "orders" its a pretty shitty situation as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post

It was the writers fault that the "Rotation System" failed in BW Saga in the first place, since they didn't want Ash's reserve pokemons to hog the precious on-screen time of Pikachu, Oshawott (and the other Starters) and Axew.
    Exactly . I'm agreeing with you. I just failed to word it . It's a shame too. Unfezant , Boldore and Palpitoad had potential.
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

Greninja all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post

Exactly. That's what I've been saying since 2011 when rotation started to get out of hand. It seemed so obvious to me that it was bound to fail and it did imo. The writers are incapable of treating all the Pokemon on Ash's team equally and that was never going to change. It really irks me when people say that rotation should happen again in XY. It's like why would anyone want to witness a train wreck twice? It's not nearly as entertaining the second time imo. Six Pokemon on Ash's XY team should be enough and even then we'll be extremely lucky if they all got proper development. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Exactly. That's what I've been saying since 2011 when rotation started to get out of hand. It seemed so obvious to me that it was bound to fail and it did imo. The writers are incapable of treating all the Pokemon on Ash's team equally and that was never going to change. It really irks me when people say that rotation should happen again in XY. It's like why would anyone want to witness a train wreck twice? It's not nearly as entertaining the second time imo. Six Pokemon on Ash's XY team should be enough and even then we'll be extremely lucky if they all got proper development. :x
    I say 7 as Ash's Hoenn team got boring after a while. Gible may have not done much but it was still refreshing to have Ash capture something fairly late but still be strong in it's own right.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I honestly think that if they do intend to give Ash both Talonflame and another Fire type, then Litleo is a given.. it's just so marketable being a baby lion cub with those big cute eyes..

Female hopefully, since I prefer Pyroar's female design.. but then I love the species as a whole, so I can accept either..
    If they do anything with Litleo, they might do it like they did with Shinx. Give it to Angie in a contest, and then show a few episodes later for 1 episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Because he only gets one wild card slot. He's pretty much obligated to have Pikachu, the regional starter bird and one Pokemon of each starter type. Look at it this way, Pokemon Ash has caught in all seasons have been given the shaft. Statistically, Unova did not suffer from this as much as other seasons, particularly Hoenn once the writers realized kids didn't really care about Corphish, Torkoal or post-evolution Glalie. Ash's team has NEVER been properly developed, Kalos won't buck this. I'd rather have Ash have a variety of interesting characters than be stuck with six kids may or may not grow attached to.

I think that Ash will catch 8 Kalos Pokemon this time around.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Yay my hopes for Satoshi getting the 3 starters is back, since Serena has Fletchling but regardless of that she was at the lab so I think she was choosing a starter anway(hoping thats not the case but seems to be what makes more sense).

Yay my hopes for Satoshi getting the 3 starters is back, since Serena has Fletchling but regardless of that she was at the lab so I think she was choosing a starter anway(hoping thats not the case but seems to be what makes more sense).
    Oh god I really hope not..every time Ash ends up with three starter Pokemon it ends up being a disaster I'm surprised that people still want this after Johto and Unova.

Based on the new trailer my speculation shall be...

Serena:
    - Fennkin
    - Fletchling
    (maybe building fire team?)

Ash
    - Liltleo

TR
    - Both Squids, Jessie the big one and James the smaller one
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post

Serena:
    - Fennkin
    - Fletchling

Ash
    - Liltleo

TR
    what new trailer?
    Unova -
    Kalos

Omega Ruby Team

Serena:
    - Fennkin
    - Fletchling

Ash
    - Liltleo

TR
    Why would they need both Inkay and Malamar?

Quote Originally Posted by kickachu View Post
    what new trailer?
    It only just aired, so only a few scans so far. Check out the thread titled "Sep 23rd - The Games! The Anime! A Massive Special on Pokémon from Red/Green to X/Y"

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Why would they need both Inkay and Malamar?
    Why not? Ever since the poster with both terrifying Meowth and Wobba I can just picture the two together as an evil double act.
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 23rd September 2013 at 1:59 AM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).

It only just aired, so only a few scans so far. Check out the thread titled "Sep 23rd - The Games! The Anime! A Massive Special on Pokémon from Red/Green to X/Y"

Why not? Ever since the poster with both terrifying Meowth and Wobba I can just picture the two together as an evil double act.
    Because Inkay would be pretty much useless since they would already have a more powerful version in Malamar. It would be like Misty having both Staryu and Starmie all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Because Inkay would be pretty much useless since they would already have a more powerful version in Malamar. It would be like Misty having both Staryu and Starmie all over again.
    I liked her having both, she just needed to use Starmie's Psychic powers to make it standout from Staryu.
    Team Shut-down

Serena:
    - Fennkin
    - Fletchling

Ash
    - Liltleo

TR
    ash get litleo ?
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

She could have two fire types.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I liked her having both, she just needed to use Starmie's Psychic powers to make it standout from Staryu.
    Misty's Starmie only had two moves Tackle and Water Gun

I'm thinking that Jessie and James will get one Kalos Pokemon each Jessie getting an Inkay while James would get a Swirlix their Woobat and Yamask would then evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    She could have two fire types.
    My point was the sky battle not her getting two fire types.

But anyway she says in the trailer she is going to the lab to get a pokemon so she is getting a starter.

My point was the sky battle not her getting two fire types.

But anyway she says in the trailer she is going to the lab to get a pokemon so she is getting a starter.
    Well then my point was made, she will be pulling an ash getting crossing over types. Makes me wonder if ash has a chance at getting noivern then, or if there will be another bird like rufflet.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Page 693 of 694 FirstFirst ... 593643683689690691692693694 LastLast