View Poll Results: How do you feel about social studies?-Human nature, culture, etc.

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it!

9 56.25%
  • It's okay...

4 25.00%
  • Purely apathetic

1 6.25%
  • Boooorrrrriiiiiiiiiinnnnnggg..

2 12.50%
  • I hate humanity and its endeavors.

0 0%

Thread: Social Studies

Default Social Studies

There's a thread on Mathematics, so I figure that this'd be interesting enough.

What do you think of social studies? By that I mean any study involving culture or human nature, such as Psychology, Neurology, Sociology...

Honestly, I love it. I don't know what I want to study in college yet, but I'm considering Sociology, Anthropology, Philosophy...Anything to do with human nature. Also Pedagogy, because I have a love for kids...but that's another story.

| tumblr. | dA |

Oh God, studying cultures is the best, Toob. It's my hobby.
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

Woooo I found a kindred soul!

| tumblr. | dA |

Same with TRG, she can claim it as hers sadly because of a drastic two days DX...

S.S. is my best subject, I got PERFECT on my state tests on it...

Cool! I'm basically self-taught, as you know, and I've only taken a generalized test once. I don't think they offered it, though. :/

| tumblr. | dA |

I love Social Studies! Along with English, it's been my favorite subject for as long as I can remember. I took a Psychology course last year, and learned SO MUCH. It really is a great field of study. And during my World History class, I'm usually the one blurting out answers while everyone else remains silent. Ancient Civilizations are the most fascinating to me. *cough Egypt cough*.

~nightsmith97
    Currently traveling through the Kalos region in Pokemon X!

Quote Originally Posted by nightsmith97 View Post
    I love Social Studies! Along with English, it's been my favorite subject for as long as I can remember. I took a Psychology course last year, and learned SO MUCH. It really is a great field of study. And during my World History class, I'm usually the one blurting out answers while everyone else remains silent. Ancient Civilizations are the most fascinating to me. *cough Egypt cough*.

~nightsmith97
    Haha, when I was little I loved Egypt. My parents are talking about letting me take an online Sociology Class in high school, which is really exciting to me.. ^^

| tumblr. | dA |

I loved taking World History back in school. It's always cool learning about things of the past.

Names and dates aren't my finesse, but I loved learning about the Caddo Indians in TX History. I had to do a report on them, and it was really, really fun. ^^

| tumblr. | dA |

I find Social Studies interesting, but it is not really relevant to the career path that I'm considering.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

I just finished a little cereal box report on the Vikings. Even though I'm a Sophomore(10th Grade), my teachers still have the class do this kind of stuff...oh well though. We had to pick out a Historical Fiction book from the library and "read it," then make some project that explains the time period/culture that was in our book. I read about 53 pages from a book called Raven of the Waves. It was good, but after I finished my project last night, I returned it to the library and checked out a more interesting book for this month's reading incentive. Did you know that Vikings could start fires by using their urine and a substance called touchwood fungus? :0
    Currently traveling through the Kalos region in Pokemon X!

I liked social studies in high school, it's always interesting to learn about the world and how civilizations developed and fell. It's not my cup of tea, but when an opportunity to learn knocks, I take it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I have United States History now, it's okay to me now. But, I do kind of dislike learning about things that happened in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by pokegirl_1986 View Post
    lol have fun finding a full-time job as a "philosopher"
    Ha I know a guy who went to college and studied philosophy. Now he works at Burger King.

I love learning about history and other cultures but I usually hate history class because I always get bad teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by pokegirl_1986 View Post
    lol have fun finding a full-time job as a "philosopher"
    You've made a good point here, but personally I am tired of people who struggle to become engineers, doctors and lawyers just because they want to get a safe job and earn a lot of money. If you're not meant to be a doctor, leave the profession to someone who's really willing to do it for what it is, not just for the money.

Maybe it's unrealistic of me to think so, but I guess people should follow their heart. Being a philosopher probably won't give you a safe position, but if that's what you want to do in your life, just specialize and be among the best on the field. Satisfactions will eventually come.
    Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno

:: Athos :: Porthos :: Aramis
    :: D'Artagnan

Quote Originally Posted by Eelijah View Post
    You've made a good point here, but personally I am tired of people who struggle to become engineers, doctors and lawyers just because they want to get a safe job and earn a lot of money. If you're not meant to be a doctor, leave the profession to someone who's really willing to do it for what it is, not just for the money.

Maybe it's unrealistic of me to think so, but I guess people should follow their heart. Being a philosopher probably won't give you a safe position, but if that's what you want to do in your life, just specialize and be among the best on the field. Satisfactions will eventually come.
    Yep, Just do whatever makes you happy.

I'm not going for a Philosophy major, but I think it'd be interesting. I'll most likely end up taking online classes for a lot of things; considering college is meant to prepare you for the future, in some way or forme, I think I'd do best to try a lot of things, and maybe find what I'm most passionate about, period.

| tumblr. | dA |

There are definitely worse things.

if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

Social Studies? I haven't heard that term in ages. I typically refer to the that stuff has the humanities as social sciences.

But yes I like it along with the arts. I better like it too since I am getting my masters in history.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I'm generally good at it so I like it lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!