Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Origin of username

Default Origin of username

Ok, we all know that a lot of people here just have some.... extraneous usernames, including myself.

How did you come up with your username? Is it a reference to something? Do you now dislike or regret your username?

I guess I'll start. In paper Mario the thousand year door, one of the chapters (section of the video game, 8 in total) took place in glitzville, which was a floating city that housed the famous Glitz pit, where fighters of all shapes and sizes came to compete for the champion's belt, which guaranteed fame and great wealth.

During the chapter, you find a rogue yoshi egg that is about to be made into a hot dog, and take the egg from the chef who says that "people don't like to eat food that moves". The name given to you by the owner of the Glitz pit is "The Great Gonzales". The yoshi hatches and takes to calling you your fighter name, not realizing your true name is Mario.

So what's your story?

I was going for a name that was simililar to Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem, that also starts with the first letter of my last name (which is Woolsey).

Admittably, I just chose Wasa because it sounded cool with rym.
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

GreatGonzalez: Paper Mario reference FTW! Awesome game.

Anyway, my username is a reference to my favorite color (bright red), favorite animal, and favorite two Pokemon all combined into one. Plus it just kind of has a nice ring to it, IMO.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Some mistaken my username as Durant+eater when it is Dur-anteater. Originally was going to use Victorybel from my former favorite pokemon.

I had a hard time thinking of something that didn't seem stupid,so I went with the first thing that came to mind. Sort of wish I didn't though…

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

When I was thinking of a username, I really wanted to have my first name in it. I also wanted to have one of those usernames that's two words rolled into one e.g. Fear + Raisin = Fearaisin. So I thought, what word could I put in front or behind my first name? And then I thought of ninja. People like ninja's. Ninja + James = Ninjames. To honour my username, my name on White is James and on Black it's, you guessed it, Ninja.

Inside joke between a couple of friends (from a different forum) and I. If anyone watches American Idol, I can't stand Lee DeWyze. No offense to any fans of his...except no, he freaking sucks. Anyway, I was trying to think of a new username to replace the one I had then which I didn't want to use anymore, so one of my friends suggested "Wee DeSpyze." I thought it was hilarious and immediately changed it to that. xD And then one day, I used it for some kind of chat thing, but it showed up with no spaces like "Weedespyze." Another friend of mine started calling me Weedy because of that, and thus Weedy Spyze was born. I've used it for everything since. :P

Combination of my first name, last name, and a misspelling of a nickname that I have in real life.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

It's german for Hermaphrodite. Also the name of a Rammstein song.

It rolls off the tongue well and I like the reaction of people who know what it actually means.

Jessi Slaughter's dead father's catchphrase.

This account was made in the midst of her outbreak.

キバゴ

(Shouldn't this be in polls or something?)

I had to come up with one off the bat since my mom was the one who had control over the registration (I was thirteen at the time, and well, still new to the interwebs). I don't mind it to this day. I prefer being called KP more than just "Kutie", but eh. I don't have the heart to change my name, not that I can come up with one I would like at the moment. Well... I kinda do, buuuut I don't feel like using it :P. It's already being used for my FFN name anyway, don't feel like repeating it. I like to have different Internet aliases.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Honestly I don't even know.

Innocent mercy?

Hmm..... well, define it in your point of view.
    Pokemon Shipper since the early 2000's!

DEVIANTART ACCOUNT // TUMBLR ACCOUNT

Quote Originally Posted by Zwitter™ View Post
    It's german for Hermaphrodite. Also the name of a Rammstein song.

It rolls off the tongue well and I like the reaction of people who know what it actually means.
    I always wondered if you knew what that meant, haha. I approve.

Spookz is what my friends in high school called me.

I am Mr.FusRoDah because I kill dragons and eat them for breakfast. I also catch big game on Black and White, go to shaking grass and fishing spots, looking for some of the biggest and rarest in game creatures. I even caught a level 70 Dragonite withouth having to damage it to red, in fact I believe I just thunder-waved it and prayed to Jesus to catch it. In fact, most of my accomplished trades and my collection can be completely credited to me praying to the Good Lord, seeing as so many of them are so hard to find.

Oh yeah, and I also called myself Mr.FusRoDah because i also like to catch legendary dragons.

I chose it due to my love of the Eleventh Doctor. Also, I like the number eleven due to the Eleventh Doctor.

I had intended to change my name to simply "Eleven", however, that name has been taken by an inactive user.

Originally, my username was Doctorwho2010. The year part just came from the username I used elsewhere. Then I changed it to Doctor Who, for the sake of it being easy to remember. And I plan on keeping the name when the next name change cycle comes around.

For the record, I stopped watching Doctor Who at the start of Series 6, when the plotline failed to make sense to me.
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
    For the record, I stopped watching Doctor Who at the start of Series 6, when the plotline failed to make sense to me.
    Try to keep up, dear.

How long had you been watching for, anyway?

Sapphire from Pokemon Special was my favorite character in the manga, and Iris from the anime was my favorite character in the anime, so yep. =P
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Mine's really old, I use it for everything... Combination of what time it was when I made it up (midnight-ish) and because some website had Fur Elise playing in the background and I thought midnightelise sounded cool. XD So very unoriginal...

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    How long had you been watching for, anyway?
    About a year. But by that point, I had just bought the first five series on iTunes, anyhow. Netflix has all six series, so that might be a good thing.
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Trioxhydre is my Hydreigon on white.

xD;
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

Mine is from the flawless youtube personality that goes by Kingsley, obvi

It started out as my psn name reckless_youth. I then realized that I wont be young forever so for this forum I put TheReckless1. I Made it because I'm hard headed and don't think of my actions before hand, hence being reckless.

Name: Scorch
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    If you've played the the metal gear solid series you should get this.

I got mine from a CPU on Star Wars Battlefront named Rayce Farelle. I liked the name and it stuck really fast.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast