Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Ok, cartoon network is taking a turn for the worse.

Has anyone seen the ads for the new lego show "legend of chima"? On frist glance the lion char looks at lot like Lion-o from THundercats. This is the most close we are of getting 2011 Thundercats second season.

I really miss the old Cartoon Network shows, like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken etc. Those cartoons are way better than today's cartoons.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

I like today's cartoons, except for the crappy ones like 'Almost-Naked Animals'.

I miss the old ones, too! It feel like just yesterday I was watching Code Lyoko.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Quote Originally Posted by insanejames View Post
    have you ever though that it is just as good and you have simple grown up and the old shows you still enjoy due to nostalgia.
    A lot of people are so blinded by nostalgia that they miss out a lot of good stuff that's available in modern day, not just with TV, but other things as well. I was born in the 80s, grew up with 90s/00s cartoons. Yet I do enjoy a lot of cartoons today: Ben10 (only from Alien Force onward, though), Regular Show, Adventure Time, Amazing World of Gumball, Gravity Falls, Phineas and Ferb, TMNT 2012, etc. I think the 90s began a trend with cartoons of giving them more depth, less moralizing, and being more innovative, which is something that carried into today's cartoons.

How is "The Incredible Crew" anyway? I haven't seen it, but the commercials gave me the impression that it's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    I really miss the old Cartoon Network shows, like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken etc. Those cartoons are way better than today's cartoons.
    My Cartoon Network still shows them sometimes. But yeah, the newer ones are usually bad, except Gumball, The Regular Show and Adventure Time.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    My Cartoon Network still shows them sometimes. But yeah, the newer ones are usually bad, except Gumball, The Regular Show and Adventure Time.
    You are right, I rarely check CN on the guide if the old cartoons will show, but I feel not the same when I was a kid enjoying every new episode that launches. Also I forgot one cartoon that I really love, Tom and Jerry, a classic one.

I agree with you there. They were doing a cartoon network marathon the other week and had tons of the great old classic shows on. Compare that to today's shows....it's just embarrassing really

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

You are right, I rarely check CN on the guide if the old cartoons will show, but I feel not the same when I was a kid enjoying every new episode that launches. Also I forgot one cartoon that I really love, Tom and Jerry, a classic one.

A lot of the old CN shows are on Boomarang including Powerpuff girls,Dexter's lab and really old shows from the 80s like fantasnic Max.

This is a little off-topic, since ith as more to do with Nickelodeon, but I still think it's relevant. During Christmas, I spent a lot of time with the seven year old daughter of a family friend. At one part, when she was sick, I was watching a much newer Spongebob holiday special. I told her about how Spongebob started when I was young (maybe when I was around eight or so) and named a few of the older episodes that I enjoyed growing up. She recognized all of them and said she enjoys them, along with the newer episodes. She also mentioned liking Tom and Jerry at one point, which pleasantly surprised me.

Though it's more of a Nickelodeon example and I'm not a huge fan of post-movie Spongebob, I think more people should be like her. Accept the new with the old.

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    A lot of the old CN shows are on Boomarang including Powerpuff girls,Dexter's lab and really old shows from the 80s like fantasnic Max.
    I don't have Boomerang on my cable T.V unfortunately.

Wait I thought they would get better because of Gumball, Adventure Time and Regular Show!
    are they still airing crappy shows like Mad TV (The crappy version of Robot Chicken) and God-awful Live action shows!?

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Don't know about MAD TV, but they are still showing live action stuff.

Which is really the only gripe I have with them. Other than that, they're doing better than the other cartoon channels and certainly better than they were in 2007-2009 or so.

Yes, this downhill slide was started with the clone wars series, I mean, a yellow darth maul? What the heck? But anyway that is why most people have switched to Boomerang again. Oh, I remember those times LOL. But yeah, their profits have tripled since November

Really? I thought Boomerang was losing viewers. Maybe I read that awhile ago, though.

And really, a channel like Boomerang isn't a very good idea anyway. There's never any new, original shows; just stuff you've seen before that you'll tire of eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Really? I thought Boomerang was losing viewers. Maybe I read that awhile ago, though.

And really, a channel like Boomerang isn't a very good idea anyway. There's never any new, original shows; just stuff you've seen before that you'll tire of eventually.
    They're speeding through old Pokemon episodes that for sure... I think they're already a DP in just about 3-4 months of starting in Johto :|
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    They're speeding through old Pokemon episodes that for sure... I think they're already a DP in just about 3-4 months of starting in Johto :|
    Shame, the old episodes are great. They shouldn't speed like that, IMO.

Anyway CN is a decent station nowadays and a few of their programs like Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Generator Rex are great. Others aren't so great. I'm actually more into Nick's stuff nowadays.

Best thing is the Adult Swim Toonami Block. It's been getting much, much better these days.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 19th January 2013 at 6:03 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post

I don't see why it's not a good idea. I mean look at how many people complain that the new shows aren't as good as those older ones, they actually prefer watching the older shows even if they've seen them before. But really the fact that the network is still up and looking healthy speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I don't think they're really speeding at all, it's the same as it's been for Boomerang since they started airing Pokemon, once a day, 5 days a week. Of course it's gonna be faster than the once a week thing that the new episodes air on, they're moving at Kids WB pace on Boomerang.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    I don't see why it's not a good idea. I mean look at how many people complain that the new shows aren't as good as those older ones, they actually prefer watching the older shows even if they've seen them before. But really the fact that the network is still up and looking healthy speaks for itself.
    True, but I think the schedule's kinda weird at times, and there's just a lot of shows that are on really late at night that shouldn't be (whether it deserves it or not). Like I actually watched an episode of The Smurfs when it was on at like 2-3 in the morning. I had no idea what was going on, I was so damn tired, I swear I was tripping out. But at least DVR counts toward the ratings, thankfully. (Not that I would want to watch The Smurfs anyway.)

Now is it just all full of Hanna-Barbera cartoons, or are there old cartoons from the 90s/early 2000s on there as well? *looks* Oh hey, Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack! Man, I wish my grandparents had Boomerang now. But yeah, looks like the schedule keeps changing from time to time. Don't know why it's not more consistent, but they have to fit all these shows on there somehow.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    True, but I think the schedule's kinda weird at times, and there's just a lot of shows that are on really late at night that shouldn't be (whether it deserves it or not). Like I actually watched an episode of The Smurfs when it was on at like 2-3 in the morning. I had no idea what was going on, I was so damn tired, I swear I was tripping out. But at least DVR counts toward the ratings, thankfully. (Not that I would want to watch The Smurfs anyway.)

Now is it just all full of Hanna-Barbera cartoons, or are there old cartoons from the 90s/early 2000s on there as well? *looks* Oh hey, Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack! Man, I wish my grandparents had Boomerang now. But yeah, looks like the schedule keeps changing from time to time. Don't know why it's not more consistent, but they have to fit all these shows on there somehow.
    Yeah I understand what you mean about the programming, but at least it does change up after a while. And they have these promotions and things, where some of the shows that may not have an ideal spot get a chance to be shown, so that's good. And like you said, they just have a lot of shows to choose from and that they have the rights to, I mean we're talking at least half a century worth of shows.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Adventure Time, The Regular Show and Gumball!!! They show a lot of Cow and Chicken, Courage The Cowardly Dog, I am Weasel, Powerpuff Girls and Johnny Bravo lately.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

I never really cared much for Cartoon Network anymore. It was the sh*t back in the 2000's, and I'm glad to see some shows have continued to this day.

Otherwise, right now the only thing I'd watch on CN is the Pokemon anime, not even kidding.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    are they still airing crappy shows like Mad TV (The crappy version of Robot Chicken)
    At least Mad doesn't really on excessive violence, gore, and toilet and sex jokes to fill their episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    I never really cared much for Cartoon Network anymore. It was the sh*t back in the 2000's, and I'm glad to see some shows have continued to this day.

Otherwise, right now the only thing I'd watch on CN is the Pokemon anime, not even kidding.
    I find that a bit sad considering CN has a lot of fantastic programming right now. Adventure Time, Regular Show and Young Justice, specifically, but that's enough for me, especially when you look at networks like Nickelodeon whose only decent shows they've been carrying for nearly a decade now.

But, y'know, to each his own, right?
    My Author Profile[/Center]

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Type is Ghost, Pokemon are Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Spiritomb.
    3DS FC: 3566-1718-0207

So how many of you think that CN's decision to cancel Young Justice and Green Lantern will affect their ratings? Last year was CN's most watched year in history and they seem to have a lot of popular shows airing right now and that will air in 2013. So I don't think it will really affect them that much but I was wondering what everyone else thought.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast