Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Ok, cartoon network is taking a turn for the worse.

Blech, cartoonnetwork can die seriously. Keeping trash like adventure time and the regular show over awesome shows like young justice >_<...
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Blech, cartoonnetwork can die seriously. Keeping trash like adventure time and the regular show over awesome shows like young justice >_<...
    Adventure Time and Regular Show are 2 of the highest rated shows on CN right now. Don't blame me for that though. I don't watch them XD

Yeah I agree, although it's definitely not getting worse at the rate that Nickelodeon and Disney Channel are. I do like Adventure Time, and Regular Show a tad bit, though.

I still remember the days when I tbought boomerang was crap and CN was awesome. Now with the powers of nostalgia things have flipped.

Cow and chicken made a cameo in Ben 10

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Adventure Time and Regular Show are 2 of the highest rated shows on CN right now. Don't blame me for that though. I don't watch them XD
    I don't give a flying **** lol, shows like that shouldn't even exist.

Also another problem I have is with all the live action crap, really?? Have you seen your name!! There shouldn't be any real people on cartoonnetwork.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

I don't give a flying **** lol, shows like that shouldn't even exist.

Also another problem I have is with all the live action crap, really?? Have you seen your name!! There shouldn't be any real people on cartoonnetwork.
    Seriously why is it even called Cartoon Network if they are trying to bring in a whole bunch of live action shows.

I wouldn't have a problem with the live action stuff... if it was actually quality tv. But, no, of course they have to be crappy rip-offs of SNL...

a very important video - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Does anyone here think that CN is any worse than Disney Channel or Nickelodeon though?

Most of the live action shows have been axed and Adventure Time/Regular Show are some of the best shows on the channel. I know cutting YJ/GL was pretty crap but at least more shows will come.

If you want a show they shouldn't have axed it's Sym Bonic Titan.

I only ever watch Adult Swim, but not much lately. I miss the old Adult Swim, where they had shows like Space Ghost, Sealab, Frisky Dingo, etc. 2007 is when it stopped being really good.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by kuzronk View Post
    If you want a show they shouldn't have axed it's Sym Bonic Titan.
    The show is indeed good, but putting stuff like this in it didn't sit well with some parents...I personally don't think its THAT big of a deal, but I can also see why it would make some uneasy.
    I am no longer active. Do not FC or contact me. I won't respond.

Quote Originally Posted by FairGamer9215 View Post
    The show is indeed good, but putting stuff like this in it didn't sit well with some parents...I personally don't think its THAT big of a deal, but I can also see why it would make some uneasy.
    o.O Wow. Yeah, I can see that not sitting well with parents. But I still really like Sym-Bionic Titan, it's a shame it got cancelled so quickly. Do you guys think they might make more on Toonami?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by FairGamer9215 View Post
    WHOA THERE. I have no idea what the context of the episode was, let alone what the entire show was about, but that scene came out of freakin' nowhere. Yeah, no, none of that for the kiddies. If they wanted some fanservice from that character, they should've made it much more subtle than that.

Then again, Ren and Stimpy got away with a lot of stuff like that. But that was during the animation age ghetto, anything goes as long as the radar doesn't catch it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I really wish CN got more action shows. With YJ and GL gone for action we only have the new Batman and Omniverse (I like Omniverse) Pokemon too but I remember back when they had a bunch of live action Totally Spies,Rave Master,Idaten Jump,Yugioh GX,Zatch Bell,Megas etc

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    WHOA THERE. I have no idea what the context of the episode was, let alone what the entire show was about, but that scene came out of freakin' nowhere. Yeah, no, none of that for the kiddies. If they wanted some fanservice from that character, they should've made it much more subtle than that.

Then again, Ren and Stimpy got away with a lot of stuff like that. But that was during the animation age ghetto, anything goes as long as the radar doesn't catch it.
    Was it even for kids though? I keep hearing certain shows air on CN that are not aimed at kids but Teens and Adults like YJ. Now I don't know the exact demo CN is aiming for so can't be certain just wondering.

It is kinda odd however. Lots of people in my school have like grade school kids who watch Jersey Shore or Housewives and they are only in 6-10 but my friends and I watch more of the kiddy stuff XD
    Last edited by Kokatsu; 3rd February 2013 at 1:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokatsu View Post
    Was it even for kids though? I keep hearing certain shows air on CN that are not aimed at kids but Teens and Adults like YJ. Now I don't know the exact demo CN is aiming for so can't be certain just wondering.
    What, Ren and Stimpy, or Sym-Bionic Titan? I think Sym-Bionic Titan is considered a kids' show, but Ren and Stimpy, HOO BOY. Just because it was on Nickelodeon does not mean it was a kids' show. Yes, we loved every minute of it, but it's really not for kids, much like Invader Zim. There's a reason it became Ren & Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon later on.

It is kinda odd however. Lots of people in my school have like grade school kids who watch Jersey Shore or Housewives and they are only in 6-10 but my friends and I watch more of the kiddy stuff XD
    And now you understand why I, like many other people here, am losing faith in this current generation.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I have to agree with the OP. They had a couple of good new shows, but they never stay for long (YJ, SBT to name a few), while stuff like Uncle Grandpa, Regular Show, Johnny Test (I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be, but it's not good), Adv. Time, etc. get to stay for much longer.

Does anyone here think that CN is any worse than Disney Channel or Nickelodeon though?
    ^That'd be me, man...XD.^
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

hmm me i can say its worse than nickelodeon but disney channel would be better than cn

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    hmm me i can say its worse than nickelodeon but disney channel would be better than cn
    I say Disney Channel > Nickelodeon > CN for me right now.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious

Disney Channel > Nick > CN (people complain that Nick overplays Spongebob, but CN overplays JT and RS.)

As long as it's not Marvin Marvin or Fanboy and Chum Chum, I can watch it on Nick.

The only things I can watch on CN are basically Adventure Time and Johnny Test...seeing as they got rid of Young Justice, Green Lantern, and such.

Disney Channel is nothing but a channel for mainly girls and pre schoolers now though. That is the channel that has hit rock bottom even though it still gets good views. Cartoon Network does still have good shows but a lot of the recent ones are awful(Uncle Grandpa and Steven Universe). That's the problem with kids these days, they prefer stupider stuff than good stuff.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Disney Channel is nothing but a channel for mainly girls and pre schoolers now though. That is the channel that has hit rock bottom even though it still gets good views. Cartoon Network does still have good shows but a lot of the recent ones are awful(Uncle Grandpa and Steven Universe). That's the problem with kids these days, they prefer stupider stuff than good stuff.
    Disagree on Disney Channel, but I do think all three channels' programs have gone downhill for the most part.

I actually enjoy regular show. but thats it. I grew up with Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans, those kinds of cartoons. I miss them

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast