Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok, cartoon network is taking a turn for the worse.

Total Drama needs to have Alejandro back for an All Star season. He was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by brysondd24 View Post
    ok cartoon network is getin new Shows

Original animated series

I Heart Tuesday (TBA 2012)
    Steven Universe (TBA 2013)
    Uncle Grandpa (TBA 2013)

Original live action series

Team Toon (Fall 2012)
    Nick Cannon's Credible Crew (TBA 2013)

Non-original animated series

Beyblade: Metal Fury (October 13, 2012
    Beware the Batman (TBA 2013)
    Teen Titans Go! (TBA 2013)
    Untitled Lego Series (TBA 2013)
    Untitled Total Drama series (TBA 2013)
    The Tom and Jerry Show (TBA 2013)
    Grojband (TBA 2013)
    Bolded ones are the ones I'll watch. Total Drama's cool, but if you ask me, it's past it's prime, and it's boring IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    hviufhuiwrhviuhigheigi!!!! Really??? HOLY **** YAY!!!!!
    Yeah, it's going to be a cuter, more comedic chibi version like the shorts on DC Nation, so I'm a bit disappointed, but I'm happy the Titans are back.

Well I'll definitely check out everything new especially uncle grandpa. These days I only watch the DC nation, Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Mystery Inc (which is like the best Scooby show ever). That barely gets me to stay on the channel too long so having some vareity would help. I used to just leave the channel on sometimes because they had way more variety when nothing else was on.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

I heard that Teen Titans Go! Is not anything like the original series. I think it's pretty much comedic all the time and the characters are chibi-sized 24-7. Not happy about that. I'll give it a shot, but I don't think I could watch Teen Titans in this format. The original was awesomesauce though.

Quote Originally Posted by funrush View Post
    Bolded ones are the ones I'll watch. Total Drama's cool, but if you ask me, it's past it's prime, and it's boring IMO.

Yeah, it's going to be a cuter, more comedic chibi version like the shorts on DC Nation, so I'm a bit disappointed, but I'm happy the Titans are back.
    I wonder if we'll see what happens with Tara lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I heard that Teen Titans Go! Is not anything like the original series. I think it's pretty much comedic all the time and the characters are chibi-sized 24-7. Not happy about that. I'll give it a shot, but I don't think I could watch Teen Titans in this format. The original was awesomesauce though.
    I heard that too, which is why I'm kinda unsure about Teen Titans Go! I've been watching the little shorts they run on DC Nation, some are cute, some are even funny, but others are a major meh for me. I heard it's not even taking place with the original Teen Titans and is just it's own thing. I find that a little hard to believe when they are getting the old voice actors back but who knows.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

the only show woth watching anymore is ben 10...and that sucks!
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Hey!!! Ben 10 and Stars Wars are awesome ....
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    How can a show be "worth watching", if it sucks?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I wonder if we'll see what happens with Tara lol.
    You mean Terra? I doubt it, it'll probably be a different continuity.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You mean Terra? I doubt it, it'll probably be a different continuity.
    Damn it!! I was close at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Actually, most of the hate comes from the radically different animation style.

It also seems to be some kind of alternate universe, like the name suggest, since Omniverse shows that somehow the 10 year old Ben already has the Omnimatrix, despite the ending of Ben 10 Ultimate Aliens clearly shows it's the first time anyone ever saw the Omnimatrix, and Azmuth even mentioned that he was working on it for the last six years.
    Oh snapz, I just realized that Omniverse (and I might be pushing the envelope here since I haven't seen Ben 10 in a while, and I haven't seen an episode of Omniverse) may be a nod to an episode of Ben 10 where he ends up in the future and sees he unlocked a lot of the Omnitrix, and thus more aliens. I don't know how well received that episode was, but it sure opened a lot of doors for new alien designs, though maybe not story-wise all so much.

Just a guess, though.

Quote Originally Posted by brysondd24

Original animated series

Uncle Grandpa (TBA 2013)

Team Toon (Fall 2012)

Grojband (TBA 2013)
    I'm a bit skeptical for some of these... but perhaps Cartoon Network is trying to gain ratings or something based on some of the non-original shows? I heard about the new Teen Titans show from my brother, he's excited about that, I haven't heard about this Lego series (which better not be horrifying to watch), nor about the new Batman series. And something tells me The Tom and Jerry Show isn't going to be a good show--at least if it's the one from Kids WB's time. That one was pretty bad. If it's new, they better have returned Tom and Jerry to their roots. Uncle Grandpa sounds interesting, though.

Since I've been watching Dragons: Riders of Berk (did I mention yet how great a show it is thus far?), I suppose I could add some more to my "watch list".
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I stopped watching that network when they replaced the older narrator. Remember that guy? He's only on Boomerang now.

It was around the time shows like Dexter's Lab and PPG had finally converted to the flash style characteristic of the now popular MLP: FIM. Samurai Jack was there too, but it's not really on any particular network. Sad. It had a pretty cool intro.

I watched Boomerang for quite a while after that, but I stopped once their advertisement policy changed to allow adflow over from the Sister Network. Having been off of the original for quite some time, it was a shock to see the new forms of drivel they had stooped to. To me, Cartoon Network was a slightly higher form of cartoon entertainment than Nick, but only slightly - Nick, as some would find familiar, is largely based upon slime and flatulence. Watching ads for Johnny Test proved to me only that the public demanded a lower bar.

TL;DR: I'm really jaded by nostalgia goggles. That's about as far as my opinion of that network and it's primaries will go.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

I'm currently mad at CN for not giving ThunderCats a second season. Oh well, at least they're airing it on Toonami so it might still have a chance.
    FC for Pokemon Black is 3181 5673 7187.
    FC for Pokemon SoulSilver is 0604 1088 6337.

i hate batman to! but the worst thing on cartoon network is that ben 10 ****! really hate it
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

Quote Originally Posted by brysondd24 View Post

Original animated series

Uncle Grandpa (TBA 2013)

Team Toon (Fall 2012)

Grojband (TBA 2013)
    The ones in bold, like all the others, are ones I'd actually watch. Seeing as I love Teen Titans and Total Drama all the way through, especially Total Drama, I will watch these. And i actually think Teen Titans Go! would be good with the new animation, and Total Drama needs to come back. I lost hope in the new season after Chris got arrested. But, my dreams have come true!

What's Under YOUR Bed?

FC: 2466-2305-3359
    IGN: Jayrad

Xanga |Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    Yes that is sad I actually enjoy young justice it brings back the feel of Teen Titans sorta. But I don't really pay attention to green lantern.

The problem here is that both shows just came out of rerun hell and started showing new episodes. And then just two weeks after that they cancel the block and move it to next year. This also screws over a girl who was gonna make her animation debut and go up for an annie award this year for her Princess Amethyst shorts. She can't exactly have them air without the DC Nation Block.
    This was all without warning btw they cancelled it just a day before the block aired again.

Xanga |Last FM

Not to dredge up an old topic but CN and DXD really have zero continuity when it comes to their licensed cartoon shows. I really shouldn't be surprised, since this has been happening for quite some time. Batman the Brave and the Bold was aired completely out of order, it was put on hiatus, pulled back on the network, I'm not even sure if it finished on CN. I ended up having to catch the second half of the 3rd season on the internet. The same goes for Young Justice and Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated. Scooby Doo was put on hiatus in mid 2011, it came back in Spring of this year, only to go on another hiatus in June. YJ is in limbo, they had new episodes coming out but they pulled all the new YJ and apparently the GL episodes as well.
    I watch Avengers on DXD and they do not follow any order either, even thought there is a clear season long plot, each episode builds on the entire story. Don't even try catching these shows On Demand either, the ones they make available are random and have no order in terms of the story. I was so excited when I heard about the Marvel and DC cartoons coming to TV, but it has been such an utter disappointment.

I think I'm gonna call bullshit on this whole "Well you're just out of the target demographic" spiel. My mom is in her 40's now, my dad is pushing 50, and even they both agree that cartoons on cartoon network and Nickelodeon too were much better during the 90's than they are now. I think part of that reason is you have a lot of crazy Christian soccer mom types pressuring networks to make cartoons as placid and harmless as possible. I was actually a little surprised when a cartoon like adventure time made it on air, considering it's actually a pretty dark cartoon. How often now do you see cartoons like Ahh! Real Monsters! or Are You Afraid of The Dark? I still watch cartoons like Dexters lab and I don't do it because of nostalgia, I do it because it's a damn good cartoon. It's cute, it's funny, it's cleverly put together. The humor can be appreciated by children and adults alike.

This generation has its good cartoons, but I'm sorry. Collectively, it sucks compared to what CN and Nick were producing in the 90's.

I was bored one day, so I decided to watch 2 episodes of Regular Show. It was incredibly stupid. When it wasn't being predictable, it was being gross for no reason other than for shock value. At least a show like Invader Zim or Grim Sdventures of Billy and Mandy used messed up imagery to tell the story better or make it interesting.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    I think I can probably see the dilemma they are in...

See, the thing is, whenever anyone or anything has epitomized to the very top, what else is there that you can do to better yourself? It's almost like a learning curve. You get alot of effective reactions at the start, but after a while when it climaxes, it's hard to be able to see anything go beyond that. And Cartoon Network is exactly at that point.

Whenever anyone has reached that point in which they're grown as much as they can, all they can do from there on out, is just change and adjust to the environment around them that best fits. That's the honest truth, that's all you can do.

When you're at the very top, and you're expected to give something out that's supposed to top what you had previously, it's pretty difficult to be able to come up with something or with anything that could be deemed "original" to be able to keep the viewership at bay.

Lest cartoon network themselves decide to go like how "indie music" went and diverge with their material and start again from the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeRhymeBeat View Post
    What makes me sad is they didn't really do anything for their 20th anniversary.
    Sorry, had to pull up this one-month-old quote because he has a point, in a way (and I don't think anyone else pointed this out). I have no idea what they did for their 20th anniversary, but what made this sad was they acknowledged older shows. During the bumpers between commercials/shows, they would show characters, old and new, mingling and just hanging out. At least one of them was mean-spirited (they totally rejected a character from their party, I don't remember which one this was, but it was awful).

It's extremely sad. Cartoon Network knows about these shows, but the younger generation doesn't because these shows (maybe) are on Boomerang, and some of them probably don't have Boomerang, or are too picky about their channels. I can imagine a little six-year-old kid watching this and asking "Mommy, who's that little short red-head kid with the nerd glasses?" The fact I can't find re-run episodes of The Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy, and Grim Adventures anymore (I swear they were on the line-up last year) is really discouraging.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahara View Post
    I think I'm gonna call bullshit on this whole "Well you're just out of the target demographic" spiel. My mom is in her 40's now, my dad is pushing 50, and even they both agree that cartoons on cartoon network and Nickelodeon too were much better during the 90's than they are now. I think part of that reason is you have a lot of crazy Christian soccer mom types pressuring networks to make cartoons as placid and harmless as possible. I was actually a little surprised when a cartoon like adventure time made it on air, considering it's actually a pretty dark cartoon. How often now do you see cartoons like Ahh! Real Monsters! or Are You Afraid of The Dark? I still watch cartoons like Dexters lab and I don't do it because of nostalgia, I do it because it's a damn good cartoon. It's cute, it's funny, it's cleverly put together. The humor can be appreciated by children and adults alike.

This generation has its good cartoons, but I'm sorry. Collectively, it sucks compared to what CN and Nick were producing in the 90's.
    Your parents =/= everyone's parents. For example, my parents thought the 90s cartoons were stupid and the stuff they grew up with (old Mickey Mouse cartoons, Looney Tunes, Hannah Barbera stuff from the 50s and 60s, etc.) were far superior to anything on the cartoon channels in the 90s. Praising the generation you grew up with is not a new phenomenon. About 10 years from now, people will be talking about how the cartoons then are crap, and how stuff like Adventure Time and The Regular Show were classics.

I used to believe in the ultra conservative soccer mom theory myself, but I really don't anymore. Soccer moms did exist back in the "good 'ol days," too. Why would companies be listening to them now when they clearly weren't in the past?

I don't agree with everything CN does, but I don't think it's as awful as people make it out to be. I also think a lot of 90s cartoons are overrated. Sure, I'll give you stuff like Dexter's Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls, Ed, Edd, n' Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, etc. But Cow and Chicken? Mike, Lu, and Ogg? I Am Weasel? Captain Planet? I don't think so.
    I do, however, admit that CN was horrible in 2007-2009. They're a heck of a lot better now than they were then. I don't agree with everything they do (I do think they should get rid of all the live action shows), but CN isn't as awful as it's made out to be.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast