Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Ok, cartoon network is taking a turn for the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    I actually enjoy regular show. but thats it. I grew up with Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans, those kinds of cartoons. I miss them
    That show is okay-- I do like Skips, but the others annoy me-- I'm indifferent to it.

Always hated Ed Edd, n' (and) Eddy myself, but I'm okay with Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Lab-- I loved Teen Titans, but Teen Titans Go! is another story.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 14th December 2013 at 6:02 AM.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

I miss the old Toonami, and watching Dragon Ball Z....

I miss the old Cartoon Network....Samuri Jack, Teen Titans, Dexters Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and I can't forget Ed, Edd, and Eddy

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    I miss the old Toonami, and watching Dragon Ball Z....

I miss the old Cartoon Network....Samuri Jack, Teen Titans, Dexters Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and I can't forget Ed, Edd, and Eddy
    This.
    Except with The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy and maybe a touch of Johnny Bravo.
    Studly.

~Banner by Sworn Metalhead~

Well, Cartoon Network does have to change with the times in order to make sure kids stay watching them. Apparently with today's youth, their taste in shows leaves a lot to be desired.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Dark Amethyst's PokePet

Soul the level 52 Umbreon!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Amethyst View Post
    Well, Cartoon Network does have to change with the times in order to make sure kids stay watching them. Apparently with today's youth, their taste in shows leaves a lot to be desired.
    Too true: apparently so, huh?
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Fuel View Post
    This.
    Except with The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy and maybe a touch of Johnny Bravo.
    Studly.
    I forgot about both of those shows somehow! I miss Billy and Mandy, and Johnny Bravo.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Why is this thread still alive? lol

Meh. I'm in the minority that doesn't think modern cartoons suck. Every generation has bad cartoons, it's just the crap gets forgotten, and the good stuff is remembered. Personally, I never cared for the 30-minute PSA that was Captain Planet, for example. I also think the tastes are a bit different, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Most 90's 'toons were more or less just animated sitcoms, sometimes with a twist (i.e. Dexter's Lab). I feel like cartoons nowadays try to go for more surrealist stuff and more stuff that has an actual storyline (i.e. Avatar: The Last Airbender).

I'll agree CN hit a low point from 2007-2009 or so, but they've gotten better since then. I do think they need a better variety of shows, however. Too many of their shows are aimed at a male demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    That show is okay-- I do like Skips, but the others annoy me-- I'm indifferent to it.

Always hated Ed Edd, n' (and) Eddy myself, but I'm okay with Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Lab-- I loved Teen Titans, but Teen Titans Go! is another story.
    Teen titans go is awful

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    Teen titans go is awful
    Agreed-- I hate it, too.

mad bump
    life is
    a game

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415