Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok, cartoon network is taking a turn for the worse.

Honestly, I think cartoon network had it bad a couple of years ago while transitioning into the CN. Now, toonami is back, as a late night block, allowing it to have much more mature themed shows on it. Adventure Time and Regular show also aren't exactly targeted toward younger children. I'm college aged and I find them HILARIOUS. Gumball, however, is terrible. I also find The Looney Tunes Show quite enjoyable at time...maybe it's because I have a soft spot for Kristen Wiig who plays Lola in it but, I think many people just go through a stage where they can't appreciate the new and are severely nostalgic and I think that's the Stage the OP is in right now.

This is my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by AshSkittles View Post
    Then don't watch it...
    I don't. I don't even have it on my TV. I may not watch it, but I can still dislike it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    but I can still dislike it, right?
    Of corse you can, I hate Adventure Time and I don't watch it. Never saw one episode and I don't care for it. So yeah you can still dislike something.
    I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

Hey, Twinkie! >D

My Heart Gold Team

I am now a brony. This makes me 20% cooler.

My Pearl Team

regular show totally isn't for 10 year olds, im not saying its dirty or perverted, its just the humor is laughing at how much the main characters are hipsters. Most 10 year olds don't have friends who are aimless and marginally employed.

****, I haven't seen CN in years! After reading all these posts it seems that they don't even have Pokemon on there! Do they still have Courage the Cowardly Dog? That was my fav show back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    ****, I haven't seen CN in years! After reading all these posts it seems that they don't even have Pokemon on there! Do they still have Courage the Cowardly Dog? That was my fav show back in the day.
    They actually do have Pokemon, which is odd that no one is mentioning it, considering the fact this is a Pokemon Forum. And Courage is back in the form of reruns as part of cartoon planet, a hour block of classic Cartoon Network shows.

This is my sig.

Cartoon Network took a turn for the worse years ago. Pokémon, Adult Swim, Ben 10, and some Adventure Time episodes are the only things worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    Speaking of which, what the hell happened to shows like Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack and the original Power Puff Girls???
    They're on Boomerang now.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I just don't like cartoon network at all, and if it wasn't for pokemon i wouldn't touch it, and nothing cartoon network has could ever reach spongebob's awesomeness, although adventure time is alright
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I think Cartoon Network is actually getting a little better. Just a little. Very little live-action (except Level Up). I adore Adventure Time and Regular Show. Upcoming freshman in college, and I find them both hilarious. It's an acquired taste, you either like it or you don't but I find them both very smart shows.

I love the action-packed shows too. Ben 10, Star Wars, and Young Justice are all great. We've also gotten back to some old good stuff, like Cartoon Planet on Fridays and Toonami on Saturday. I also like MAD. And even if not all the programs are that great (what is this Naked Animals and Annoying Orange business... -__-) I find the channel as whole enjoyable and reminds me of a simpler time, ya know?

And Cartoon Network airs Pokemon, so it is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    Speaking of which, what the hell happened to shows like Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack and the original Power Puff Girls???
    Craig Mckracken did make that show with the giant robot that nobody watched. Maybe you should've tried that?

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    Adventure Time and Regular Show are fantastic shows. I'm not that fond of MAD but I understand its popularity. But yeah everything else sucks. AT and RS carry the network.

Both are just too strange for me.

Where exactly is boomerang btw? I have brighthouse if that helps

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem's Eclipse View Post
    They actually do have Pokemon, which is odd that no one is mentioning it, considering the fact this is a Pokemon Forum. And Courage is back in the form of reruns as part of cartoon planet, a hour block of classic Cartoon Network shows.
    Oh well thats good to hear. No bitching from me, here.

Here we go again. I thought people would stop complaining about Cartoon Network when they realized they aren't in the network's target audience and stop talking about older cartoons like they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. I guess some people won't stop bashing their head against that wall called nostalgia.

They weren't that good, most were overrated, and its seriously about time people got over it.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I've had CN for many many years now and I'm really starting to hate it with all these new shows which make no sense whatsoever.

The only shows I like on CN is Adventure Time, Regular Show, Total Drama Island, Young Justice, the rest of the shows are meh especially Pokemon which was better on Kid's WB.>_> I also have boomerang on my TV so watching the old shows is a treat. I do miss the old shows and its blocks but Cartoon Planet isn't that bad, and I'm so happy that Toonami is back on air, now we may want Friday's if possible...:P

Cartoon network is making the dumbest shows ever. The batman show they are going to produce isn't going to have the original villains which sucks. What is batman without joker?

Second of all I'd like to see more of the classic cartoons.

Best cartoon on cartoon network is arguably regular show.
    Well that is weird but better avoid that type of show then if you don't like it plus there is Boomerang which has most of the old shows.

Guys, CN is not "Ruined Forever" or anything like that most just are in the http://http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pm...eryDemographic periphery demographic which mean that you are not the target auidence anymore and or just grown out of it. It hasn't gotten any worse since we were kids. The only reason why we remember it so fondly is because the good stuff it worth remembering. We had stupid stuff we were kids too. The only time you can say CN is ruined forever is when the network is solely dominated by live-action programming.
    This

Craig Mckracken did make that show with the giant robot that nobody watched. Maybe you should've tried that?
    Correction, that was Gennedy Tarvochsky *sorry for the misspelling*(the creator of Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack) and the show was called Sym-Biotic Titan.

Not saying that I hate the channel now but most of what they show now need improvement.

How about bringing back Ed Edd Eddy? AND WHAT ABOUT TIME SQUAD, AND JOHNNY BRAVO!
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 3351 5245 7342
    PM me once you have my Friend Code! =D
    "Flawless pokemon aren't the best. Its your favorite pokemon that truly shine." -Earthbounded

I'm so ridiculously weird. *rolls eyes in a sassy way*

White Friend Code: 0862 2564 3847

White 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown Twinkie View Post
    Of corse you can, I hate Adventure Time and I don't watch it. Never saw one episode and I don't care for it. So yeah you can still dislike something.
    That's reasonable. Saying you hate a show and it sucks even though you haven't seen a single episode of it. Perfectly sensible.

... I was never a huge fan of Cartoon Network's original programming. I thought their strength was aquiring a bunch of good properties from other networks and airing them. Most of the origional shows they had throughout their run were decent but I wasn't fanatical about them even as a child.

I commend them for at least trying to have a variety of programming. They're not like a certain other network that relies on two to three extremely popular longrunning series and spams them across their timeslots.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I commend them for at least trying to have a variety of programming. They're not like a certain other network that relies on two to three extremely popular longrunning series and spams them across their timeslots.
    With how much they air Regular Show, I'm not too sure.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I find it funny that even after 3yrs, people still act like everything on Cartoon Network is sh!t. While I will say this, a large portion of their programming is a bit ridiculous, there's a small amount of good shows.

The only shows that I find amusing are
    Ben 10/Ultimate Alien/Omniverse.
    Pokemon Black and White Rival Destinies.
    The Looney Tunes Show (assuming they continue it.)
    Regular Show (Why is this show hated by so many kids 13-14?)

And a few of the old shows on Boomerang.

Cartoon Network has actually gotten better since they've abandoned the live action era. Which is the main reason people seem to hate them. With the exception of that one new show.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    That's reasonable. Saying you hate a show and it sucks even though you haven't seen a single episode of it. Perfectly sensible.
    Just from the previews of the episodes I can see that it's not a good show. Because it's all about how they protray the show and it sucked. So that's why I never watch a single episode.
    I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

Hey, Twinkie! >D

My Heart Gold Team

I am now a brony. This makes me 20% cooler.

My Pearl Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown Twinkie View Post
    Just from the previews of the episodes I can see that it's not a good show. Because it's all about how they protray the show and it sucked. So that's why I never watch a single episode.
    I don't like the commercials either. They don't do the show justice for people who don't view them ironically, which is something no one who doesn't watch the show would do. So they aren't good commercials.
    Last edited by Wasarym; 26th July 2012 at 9:27 PM.
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    Guys, CN is not "Ruined Forever" or anything like that most just are in the http://http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pm...eryDemographic periphery demographic which mean that you are not the target auidence anymore and or just grown out of it. It hasn't gotten any worse since we were kids. The only reason why we remember it so fondly is because the good stuff it worth remembering. We had stupid stuff we were kids too. The only time you can say CN is ruined forever is when the network is solely dominated by live-action programming.

I don't know about my fellow users here, but this is certainly not the case with me. Most of the shows are cartoon network are just senseless now. Heck, most of the shows don't even have plots. Literally. They do not have plots. At all. Destroy build destroy? Dude what would happen? It's terrible. They are indeed live action programs, and CN will fall once it is dominated by these shows, as you mentioned. Nickelodeon has suffered this fate. But this isn't about nick.

If your statement was true, don't you think the point of view that says "CN now sucks" would cause a gradual change for those who adopted it? Not just one day "CN is my life" and the next "omg this is so not lol I hate CN like totally forever". If what you were saying applied, than this thread would have been made quite some time ago. CN fans have quickly grown tired of the rapid banishment of good shows.

Like many others I only enjoy RegShow and Adventure time.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

Besides a few shows that aren't that great, I don't see anything to hate about CN.

Pokemon, Cartoon Planet, Looney Tunes (both the reruns and the new show), Young Justice (my personal favorite), Green Lantern, Star Wars, Adventure Time, Regular Show, the odd rerun of an "oldie" like Ed Edd n' Eddy or KND, Ben 10, Generator Rex... heck, they even brought back Toonami (because apparently fans hate change and couldn't cope with the fact they took it off the air).

Unless people are bashing the new shows because they aren't what they grew up with and hate change and wish they'd bring back all the old shows and give them new episodes and never ever take them off the air so everyone can feel like they're 7 again, then I'm not exactly seeing a problem. Shows end. New shows start. You're big kids now; if you refuse to watch anything but old shows then go buy the DVDs and stop trying to bash a network that you aren't in the target demographic for.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast