Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 360

Thread: Ok, cartoon network is taking a turn for the worse.

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousHeartless View Post
    Ah the complainers. Look people, I grew up and love the old shows as much as anyone. I absolutely adore older shows. I record every rerun of Samurai Jack, love watching Courage and shows like that. But stop the complaining. Every time I see someone saying that everything on there nowadays, I want to reach through their computer and punch them. You aren't cool, you aren't original, you aren't a genius for complaining about everything new. So just shut up. I'm accepting of opinions, but everyone just saying the same thing the same thing and complaining over and over is annoying.

    I personally think Cartoon Network is on an upturn after that whole CN Real deal. And I really didn't hate everything on CN Real, just Destroy, Build, Destroy and Dude What Would Happen? I liked that quiz show on roller coasters and the other things on there and was disappointed with Unnatural History and Tower Prep being cancelled. We get it people, 'It's called Cartoon Network, anything that is on there that isn't a cartoon is utter blasphemy and the work of Satan to ruin our childhoods.' Are things never allowed to change in the slightest?
    While I argree for the most part. I usuallly refer to this trope, They Changed It, Now It Sucks. Anyways, while I don't agree with a majority of CN decisions, I think is all just a case that we all grew up. Our tastes have changed so of course we aren't going to like the same things as when were kids. CN is first and foremost a kid's network.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.



  2. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Youtube
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rangerdude24 View Post
    but other than this live action show they were really really bad.
    Some forgot Tower Prep? That was one of the best Live action shows on CN, along with UH. I sometimes watch level up when there is nothing else on.

    I think that CN has completely lost it the moment they made Annoying Orange a show and had to bump a single episode of MAD 2 months after it was originally aired. I enjoy MAD, but bumping it that long for something terrible like Annoying Orange? I've seen a lot of crap in my day, but this one takes the cake.

    and now CN is enjoyingthe pain and suffering that comes along with the flavor.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

    wouldn't Mega Arceus be

    the O-Mega Pokemon

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South East Abbey, Tethe'alla
    Posts
    1,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by h8on-me View Post
    Some forgot Tower Prep?
    Tower Prep? I kind of remember it.....

    Anyways, I watched the Annoying Orange yesterday, and I couldn't agree with you guys more.


    tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

  4. #104

    Default

    I am enjoying the new CN tbh Adventure Time plus Ben 10 plus some of the newer shows. I'll admit Orange is kinda ehhhh. If they wanted to give a YouTube star a show jut give WheezyWaiter one

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousHeartless View Post
    Ah the complainers. Look people, I grew up and love the old shows as much as anyone. I absolutely adore older shows. I record every rerun of Samurai Jack, love watching Courage and shows like that. But stop the complaining. Every time I see someone saying that everything on there nowadays, I want to reach through their computer and punch them. You aren't cool, you aren't original, you aren't a genius for complaining about everything new. So just shut up. I'm accepting of opinions, but everyone just saying the same thing the same thing and complaining over and over is annoying.

    I personally think Cartoon Network is on an upturn after that whole CN Real deal. And I really didn't hate everything on CN Real, just Destroy, Build, Destroy and Dude What Would Happen? I liked that quiz show on roller coasters and the other things on there and was disappointed with Unnatural History and Tower Prep being cancelled. We get it people, 'It's called Cartoon Network, anything that is on there that isn't a cartoon is utter blasphemy and the work of Satan to ruin our childhoods.' Are things never allowed to change in the slightest?
    I couldn't agree more with you! We aren't children anymore, these shows aren't made for us. So there are a couple of shows that you don't like, so what? I hate annoying orange as much as the next guy, but what harm does it do if it's being aired. Fact is, if kids like it, they will watch it. If they don't like it, it gets cancelled. Besides, Cartoon Network still has a few show that I personally still enjoy. I love Adventure Time and Regular show.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  6. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I couldn't agree more with you! We aren't children anymore, these shows aren't made for us. So there are a couple of shows that you don't like, so what? I hate annoying orange as much as the next guy, but what harm does it do if it's being aired. Fact is, if kids like it, they will watch it. If they don't like it, it gets cancelled. Besides, Cartoon Network still has a few show that I personally still enjoy. I love Adventure Time and Regular show.
    This I'm 22 but I'd rather watch CN or other kids shows then most of the adult shows they make these days tbh. I see nothing wrong with CN. i mean I don't like Naked Animals or Drama Island but I'm fine with the majority of everything else on the block. Pretty excited for the new Dragons and Ben 10 shows. Also Scan2Go looks like another show i'll like

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,103

    Default

    I can see people saying that for their lineup from about 2006-2010 when they got rid of all of their best shows at the time and replaced them with crap like Chowder and Flapjack, but since they replaced those shows, CN has gotten good again. Adventure Time, Regular Show, MAD, The Looney Tunes Show, and Gumball are all at the very least watchable if not really good. Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated is another great one, I didn't think much of it at first considering how stagnant and boring the series has been lately, but once I actually watched an episode, I found it to be quite good. I like how they gave it a darker, overarching plot, it really makes it a lot more interesting to watch. Anyway, the only show on CN that I would consider genuinely bad is Annoying Orange, it seems like a cheap cash in on a stupid YouTube series. Seriously, why would anyone over 5 want to watch a character labelled as "annoying"?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    717

    Default

    The only shows I hear of people watching on CN anymore are Adventure Time and Regular Show. To tell you the truth, I think TV in general has gone downhill in the last decade or so. If I ever watch TV, its reruns of old shows

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,149

    Default

    I think bringing the Live Action Code Lyoko: Evolution TV Series in France and translating it would be awesome for CN. Code Lyoko was and still is a great show.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Youtube
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    I think bringing the Live Action Code Lyoko: Evolution TV Series in France and translating it would be awesome for CN. Code Lyoko was and still is a great show.
    I'm going to be straight and honest with you. CN already said they arent doing it. Moonscoop announced it might not even come to america. The fact that they are making it half live action is a terrible idea and half of its fans are going to abandon it. I, for one, hate this fact and most likely will not watch it. CN will not get better at this point with another live action show. it lost a lot with level up, what makes you think that will make it better?
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

    wouldn't Mega Arceus be

    the O-Mega Pokemon

  11. #111

    Default

    Well, at least they are adding more Heroe shows now such as Young Justice and that Batman show {Which to me looks like crap, hey what are you going to do. } New Teen Titans comedy show.
    Ok, I admit it I don't understand why they are going a different direction with the art, I like the way they do Young Justice art so much better than whats going on now. Animation is another subject I guess, don't like them adding more live action shows can't they tell ratings are dropping due to this? Add more animated shows dang it! Than again *Looks at new Ben 10 series* Um, ok I agree with the topic. Disney and Nick have taken a turn for the worse too though, Teen Nick is what Nick should be but they keep doing Spongebob this and that and iCarly thats in reruns 24/7 % of the time, whats the point? At least they are taking notice though I guess, reruns of Legend of Korra that was number 1 rated Nick show passing even Spongebob's ratings shocking enough. I think now that Disney knows animated shows seem to be doing well they'll start adding more instead of live action.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gateon area, Orre
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    That's right. Pokemon isn't a terrible show at all (this is what these forums are about after all!) The Looney Tunes Show is a really fresh take on those original Chuck Jones cartoons. It has such a funny sitcom feel to it; definitely one of my favs on CN.
    Pleasently surprised to find the Tunes back on CN now after being gone from CN and Boomerang for years. Sitting through the ani shorts though was rather painful.

    See, my problem withnit is that I really don't like sitcoms. Yeah, some of the nostalgia is saying "NO! NOT TO THELOONEY TUNES!" but a sincerely don't like sitcoms. And in my defense, i didlike the Duck Dodgers series, sothere is room to play with the LT characters (especially since that was a spinoff of an actual cartoon.)

    And i have to disagree with the fresh take argument, because most of those cartoons are fresh as it is. The thing about the Looney Tunes is that you have a two sided joke: the sight gag that the kids laugh at, and the political humor behind the joke that the adults get. Sure, we aren't fighting WWII anymore, but that only affects the caracatures.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Almia
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Cartoon Network has been taking a turn for the worst for a loooooooong time.

  14. #114

    Default

    The good shows aren't even the "classic" ones. It's not meant to appeal to your age, it's to the kids of the now. Besides that, I like Adventure Time, Johnny Test and Regular Show.

    キバゴ

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gateon area, Orre
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YaDunGoofed View Post
    The good shows aren't even the "classic" ones. It's not meant to appeal to your age, it's to the kids of the now. Besides that, I like Adventure Time, Johnny Test and Regular Show.
    To a point your right, but if the kiddies watch tv with parents pr older siblings, there has to be common ground for both parties. And if the parents dont like the show. There's the very real possibility of them sayi g its not good enough for their kids, and then CN's advertisements loose out. Case in point, my younger cousin 4thgrade wanted to watch Gumball, but twas outvoted by his parents and grandparents and myself because none of us saw the humor. (not laziness, we didn't see it. And whats there tends to be the disgusting stuff. Birds and racoons making arm farts is not funny, its a desparate act to fill time)

    And just because some of us are older than the target range, doesn't mean the CN wants to loose the viewing base. CN makes its money off the advertisements, the cartoons are as much to draw in people as they are for entertainment (or tosell their own merchandise)
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South East Abbey, Tethe'alla
    Posts
    1,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatenaCAMERON View Post
    Cartoon Network has been taking a turn for the worst for a loooooooong time.
    I disagree; Courage the Cowardly Dog and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy are new-ish, and they're two of the best shows on the channel. (Even if they don't show them anymore.)


    tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Juan del Sur
    Posts
    368

    Default

    I like Adventure Time, Regular Show, and MAD...Annoying Orange is horrid though, a bad investment for CN.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    1st Dimension
    Posts
    4

    Default

    you all are wrong! obviosly Chowder was the best show!

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Fortree City-Hoenn
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Wait... Annoying Orange is a show now? I thought it was only on youtube. Ive never seen it, mainly because it seems horrid...
    My Pokemon White FC: 4728-4965-2910
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4513-8303-2953

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Foster's Home was one of the good ones, too. Then again, Lauren Faust was working on that one.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South East Abbey, Tethe'alla
    Posts
    1,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiitalian View Post
    Wait... Annoying Orange is a show now? I thought it was only on youtube. Ive never seen it, mainly because it seems horrid...
    You didn't know? Consider yourself lucky....


    tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TNTTrustySteve View Post
    you all are wrong! obviosly Chowder was the best show!
    Chowder was a lot of lame puns and random immature humor. It's definitely one of, if not the worst thing to happen to Cartoon Network.

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiitalian View Post
    Wait... Annoying Orange is a show now? I thought it was only on youtube. Ive never seen it, mainly because it seems horrid...
    Trust me, it's just as horrid as it seems.

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Foster's Home was one of the good ones, too. Then again, Lauren Faust was working on that one.
    Speaking of Lauren Faust, it'd be awesome if MLP somehow ends up on CN someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    This is the way I've always seen the whole "TV nowadays is terrible, back when I was a kid, everything was great!". Its all nostalgic based. People born in the 80's think every show in the 80's and early 90's were the best things ever, and that late 90's and 2000's are crap. 90's kids say the same about 2000's and 2010's and 2000's kids talk about how bad 2010's are and how much better the early 2000's were. In a few years, kids born in late 2000's will say the same about shows in 2020 and so on. Now are there great shows in each era, yes, but they're also plenty of bad ones.

    Also, remember one thing, you're older than you were as a kid. You'll spot out horrible jokes and puns now because you are older, so of new course shows aren't going to appeal to you like shows did when you were a kid.
    *FC Black: 4256 0644 0134. PM me if you wanna battle!

    Pokemon I use competively:

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    121

    Default

    I remember the old shows like Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff girls, that kind of stuff. Pretty much when Foster's stopped making episodes as often as they used to was when I stopped watching, but this isn't the first time they're putting on something stupid. Even back then I remember some bad shows. But like the guy above me said, I really shouldn't have an input on this because I'm not part of the real target audience

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    71

    Default

    so, is the 7 pages of this thread people complaining how the cartoons from this generation are terrible? i'm assuming almost every single one of the posters in this thread are probably ages 13-16 and grew up in the late 90's or early 2000's. you grew up with different shows, and you want cartoons from this era to be more like the ones you grew up with?

    you aren't the target audience anymore, it's not about pleasing a bunch of teenagers who cling to their beloved childhood cartoons. if there is nothing else for you to watch on TV that pleases you go read a book or go outside.

    yes, i do love and occasionally miss the the cartoons i grew up with too. but i know if there is nothing for me to watch on Cartoon Network (aside from Adventure Time, Regular Show and Gumball) i'll switch the channel or go do something else while other kids enjoy those shows.
    Last edited by sweetie; 31st August 2012 at 3:32 AM.

    oh it's a love/hate romance. 'cause i could watch her dance, if i've got my boots.
    credit to Ruby Moon

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •