Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok, cartoon network is taking a turn for the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    I'll just leave this here:

Food for thought.
    That makes me very sad.

Food for thought.
    why is johnny bravo hitting on betty and wilma

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    I've only seen two episodes, and those were only to see Toby act crazy XD gotta love Toby
    One episode was more than enough to demonstrate how horribly grating and unfunny the show is.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Because he's a suave ladies man.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    The guy will hit on anything with boobs.

Food for thought.
    There's more truth to these two photos than any argument given so far.

For those who brought up Boomerang, some of us can't afford Boomerang. Just saying.

Food for thought.
    That makes me really sad inside.

Anyway, I didn't really grow up with Cartoon Network. I didn't have cable, and I still don't have cable (though my grandparents have Dish network and as I go there pretty much weekly, I technically have cable now). It was the same with Nickelodeon. I pretty much was able to watch it when I spent the night at a friend's house, or at Nana's back when she still lived in her own place. My brothers and I loved what we saw, and we have gone back to watch them to this day, and still love what we see.

Chowder may have arguably been the show that marked this downfall of Cartoon Network, or at least writing quality of modern-day cartoons. Who really knows. I personally believe Cartoon Network took a turn for the worst when they began introducing live-action shows on a network explicitly stated to show cartoons, which was its original intent from the very beginning. This angered me when I first heard of it. I'm still not very happy with it to this day.

I rarely watch TV these days anyway, so I have not exactly kept up with new cartoons. The ones I have seen have either bored me, creeped me out, or were just plain unlikeable due to poor writing. I'm pretty picky about the shows I want to watch, because I want a show with good writing. The shows back in the day had great writing, and likeable characters, even if they were jerks. I haven't really seen that balance for the last six years.

This is why for the last few weeks, I've finally turned on the TV in my room just to watch Dragons: Riders of Berk, a show I have so far been enjoying thanks to its writing, and the animation quality. This is what I want in a show: a show that appeals to both kids and adults watching with the kids. If you were to go watch the old cartoons like Johnny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog, or Ed, Edd, and Eddy, you can see that it can appeal to both the children and the adults. I haven't seen this in a lot of shows, and if there are shows like that on Cartoon Network, I find it more crude than normal. I'm pretty picky that way. If the crap getting past the radar was done cleverly, I wouldn't mind it (which is one of the reasons why I like Phineas and Ferb). I just don't like it being right in your face about it.

If you want me to pick a cartoon I could probably sit down and watch, it'd be Amazing World of Gumball, if only because I like the art direction. It's unique-looking, even though it's freakin' weird in terms of the plot-of-the-episode, and some of the humor is, again, a bit crude. But I am just fascinated with what they've done with the art direction to the point I can't look away. I could try and tune it out (because some of the characters annoy me), but I want to see what it looks like. Everything else I could care less about (even though Adventure Time scares me).
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

dude who cares just watch disney channel
    fish hooks for life

At least you all have more varied shows.

Cartoon Network ASIA didn't even gets Pokemon.

Seriously, a show that originates from Asia, is not aired on CN Asia. What the hell? Even worse when one of the random CN logo short that appeared once in a while is the Pokemon one.

I don't know about the other branches of CN, but CN Asia is now completely dominated by Adventure Time, Regular Show, Oggy & the Cockroaches, and The Amazing World of Gumball. It used to be more varied in the past.

What's even worse is, the episodes are re-runs, none of them are new. A few "Gumball" episodes even gets repeated MORE THAN TWICE ON THE SAME WEEK.

Just look at this week's schedule for CN Asia, and count how many times you see "Gumball", "Regular Show", "Oggy", and "Adventure Time".

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Porygon Two View Post
    fish hooks for life
    Clearly the perfect example of a great cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I don't know about the other branches of CN, but CN Asia is now completely dominated by Adventure Time, Regular Show, Oggy & the Cockroaches, and The Amazing World of Gumball. It used to be more varied in the past.

What's even worse is, the episodes are re-runs, none of them are new. A few "Gumball" episodes even gets repeated MORE THAN TWICE ON THE SAME WEEK.

Just look at this week's schedule for CN Asia, and count how many times you see "Gumball", "Regular Show", "Oggy", and "Adventure Time".
    At least it's a little better than Nickelodeon. I swear, I took a look at the weekly line-up for Nickelodeon (in the middle of the week no less), and almost every slot up until the evening was SpongeBob. Dead serious.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

TMNT 2012, thank you! Not related to Cartoon Network but THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Chowder may have arguably been the show that marked this downfall of Cartoon Network, or at least writing quality of modern-day cartoons. Who really knows.
    I actually really liked Chowder, although near the end it started to get a little repetitive with some of the jokes. But for the most part, it was a pretty solid show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I personally believe Cartoon Network took a turn for the worst when they began introducing live-action shows on a network explicitly stated to show cartoons, which was its original intent from the very beginning. This angered me when I first heard of it. I'm still not very happy with it to this day.
    MTV did the same, look where they went. The only good show they've had ever besides music videos was Beavis and Butthead. And even that is mixed reception.

Food for thought.
    Are those pictures supposed to represent CNs past and present show diversity, or is that supposed to be a comparison between the number of viewers they had in both times? It's hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Porygon Two View Post
    fish hooks for life
    That's even worse!
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Are those pictures supposed to represent CNs past and present show diversity, or is that supposed to be a comparison between the number of viewers they had in both times? It's hard to tell.
    The pic is the typical cartoon network bumper used in between shows. The movie theater bumper is usually filled up with the currently airing line up of cartoons broadcasted throughout the week. This just kinda shows how little diversity the current cn has compared to the older cartoon network.

i hate the newer shows
    i liked shows like:
    johnny bravo!
    courage the cowardly dog!(did they bring that one back?)
    power puff girls
    edd, ed & eddy (i think thats still on)
    fosters home for imaginary friends
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

The pic is the typical cartoon network bumper used in between shows. The movie theater bumper is usually filled up with the currently airing line up of cartoons broadcasted throughout the week. This just kinda shows how little diversity the current cn has compared to the older cartoon network.
    I was just trying to make a joke. It seems like there's just less reason to watch CN (or TV in general) these days. I'm actually getting more entertainment out of Boomerang and Youtube.

Cartoon Network has taken a turn for the worse for sure.

The only one on there that I currently enjoy is Adventure Time, which I don't even watch that often.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

What makes me sad is they didn't really do anything for their 20th anniversary.
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

I really think the death of Toonami (who started dying waaay before they pulled the plug) was the beginning of the fall of CN.

I don't know if it was just because I was younger, but back then CN was my most watched channel. They had my favorite cartoons, my favorite anime, they were amazing.

I was all kinds of upset when they began that weird "CN Real" thing where they had live-action shows on for awhile. What? What happened to the cartoons?

I hear they're supposedly better now, but nothing they have on now really interests me. I'm still really bitter about what it turned into too.

Speaking of Toonami, I still have no idea what time it starts. I looked through the listings, but it's like all Family Guy and other related stuff. I'm not sure if Toonami is part of the Cartoon Network line-up, or if it's its own channel that my grandparents don't have. I'd like to at least watch one show from it before I go to bed at 10-10:30.

There are days where I wish I grew up with Toonami. I only remember seeing the segments and Tom from the homepage, but never a show. I just have that feeling it's on at midnight, but I don't know...
    I survived Pupa.

The New Toonami comes on Saturday at midnight till 3 am. It's in the Adult Swim lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeRhymeBeat View Post
    What makes me sad is they didn't really do anything for their 20th anniversary.
    There is nothing to celebrate when your network is an empty husk.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

There is nothing to celebrate when your network is an empty husk.
    Well it has some good shows like Adventure Time and Young Justice and......Pokemon? Well Pokemon idk if that counts they hardly promote it anyway....ok you have point. They need to get some new shows to fill the whole Adventure Time lineup every day. I loved the series but seeing it on for hours every day is annoying. I would not mind seeing old shows the network aired both CN original and non. Like Bobobobo,Idaten Jump and Rave Master and some offical CN stuff like KND,Billy and Mandy and Chowder. Would be nicer then The Orange at least XD

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    The New Toonami comes on Saturday at midnight till 3 am. It's in the Adult Swim lineup.

Actually it is now 12-6 they got rid of the repeat block to air Symbionic Titan,Thundercats and an hour of FMA,GiTS and Bebop starting October 6th
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast