Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok, cartoon network is taking a turn for the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    The New Toonami comes on Saturday at midnight till 3 am. It's in the Adult Swim lineup.
    Crap... I wouldn't be able to watch it, then. Well, I could DVR it, but I think I need a lot of space readily available, and Grandma likes her shows and has a bunch of them she DVRs and watches, so...

I guess I'll have to try it out and see.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I'm sorry but Pokemon, Ben 10 Omniverse, and Star Wars the Clone Wars are the only decent shows left on Cartoon Network.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I'm sorry but Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gumball, Ben 10 Omniverse, and Star Wars the Clone Wars are the only decent shows left on Cartoon Network.
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Crap... I wouldn't be able to watch it, then. Well, I could DVR it, but I think I need a lot of space readily available, and Grandma likes her shows and has a bunch of them she DVRs and watches, so...

I guess I'll have to try it out and see.
    Wait how how much can you DVR hold? Mine has like over 150 episodes and its not even 25% full. Not sure if all DVRs hold the same or if its different memories for all makers.

Quote Originally Posted by funrush View Post
    Fixed it for you.

Saw like 5 mins of Regular and it made me sick same for Gumball. Idk why though AT is the best show to date. I don't get all the hate for Omniverse. Th animation is not all that weird or even bad. Scooby Doo and Batman have had different animation styles over the years. I could care less how they draw it as long and the story is fun and interesting.
    Last edited by PokeRhymeBeat; 2nd October 2012 at 6:48 PM.
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by PokeRhymeBeat View Post
    Wait how how much can you DVR hold? Mine has like over 150 episodes and its not even 25% full. Not sure if all DVRs hold the same or if its different memories for all makers.
    I don't know, but like I said, Grandma likes her shows, and sometimes shows interfere, and only two television sets are used for the DVR. She's kinda controlling like that xD.

Saw like 5 mins of Regular and it made me sick same for Gumball. Idk why though AT is the best show to date. I don't get all the hate for Omniverse. Th animation is not all that weird or even bad. Scooby Doo and Batman have had different animation styles over the years. I could care less how they draw it as long and the story is fun and interesting.
    I watched the premiere episode of Regular Show (with the weird karate move involving short shorts) and it weirded me out too much that I haven't watched an episode since. Gumball is freakin' weird. I don't like some of the writing, but I do like the art direction. And animation doesn't necessarily mean the show is going to be automatically good. You can have a cartoon done in the beautiful animation style of Don Bluth, but if the writing, characters and story aren't good (there needs to be a balance here), then it's going to be a bad cartoon. That's probably where the hate comes in.

I haven't seen Omniverse, only the original series, and I like the original series. So if there's some hate going around for Omniverse, then there's probably something wrong with the story. Or the new aliens aren't as likeable with Ben's character, or his character got messed up, I don't know.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Yeah, I only watch Regular Show, Pokemon, Adenture Time, and Clone Wars unlike previous years where I watched more!

Quote Originally Posted by funrush View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Lol more like ruined it. Adventure Time and those two shows ****ing suck.

And oh no you didn't edit pokemon out. You realize what forum your on right -_-??
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Then you need to watch better shows... Seriously, the pokemon anime wasn't even good at the get go.

I don't watch much TV anymore besides Pokemon which I love but from what I see on CN, The Looney Tunes Show, Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated, Young Justice, and Riders of Berk are all decent shows. I don't get the buzz over Regular Show or Adventure Time. They just seem stupid. The fact that EW.Com did a list of Top 10 CN shows and had both Adventure Time and Regular Show on there are baffling to me. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    Then you need to watch better shows... Seriously, the pokemon anime wasn't even good at the get go.
    Lmfao you realize what forum your on right??

Some people like Pokemon for the games alone, you know. :/ And I agree. The Pokemon anime was never that good. It was a 30-minute advertisement for the games even back when Misty and Brock were on the show.

Cartoon Network isn't perfect, never has been, never will be. But it is a heck of a lot more watchable now than it was in 2007-2008. The reason people don't like it is because the people complaining aren't in the demographic Cartoon Network is aiming at, and also because it's not doing what they want it to do (aka be the old Cartoon Network). Cartoon Network wasn't some paragon of perfection in the 90s anyway. There were bad cartoons then, just as there are now (Captain Planet, anyone?). The problem is, you guys were kids when you watched them, and when you're a kid, everything seems wonderful and perfect. If you were to go back and watch most of those cartoons, you'd probably think they were just as stupid, for the most part.

I will say, I do wish they'd get rid of the live-action shows, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I don't get the buzz over Regular Show or Adventure Time. They just seem stupid. The fact that EW.Com did a list of Top 10 CN shows and had both Adventure Time and Regular Show on there are baffling to me. Sorry.
    Did you actually watch them? I like them, personally, despite the randomness, there's plenty of adult subtext in the shows to entertain even our demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Some people like Pokemon for the games alone, you know. :/ And I agree. The Pokemon anime was never that good. It was a 30-minute advertisement for the games even back when Misty and Brock were on the show.
    This, plus the series never had a plot to it. The utterly insane amount of pointless filler is enough to turn most people above the age of 5 off to it, the "helping random people with random problems that involve Pokemon" episodes get quite old, why couldn't Pokemon be like every other anime where they're trying to save the world from certain doom every episode?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Because most other anime isn't based on ultra popular video games, so they don't have to be a 30-minute advertisement for anything and can focus on other things. That, plus money.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Lmfao you realize what forum your on right??
    We do, but you have to admit, the anime is poorly written.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    We do, but you have to admit, the anime is poorly written.
    Takeshi, the writer of pokemon, died near the end of DP which explains why i had such a terrible ending episode
    ever since, the episodes have been childish and repetitive. wheres the imagination?
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

Because most other anime isn't based on ultra popular video games, so they don't have to be a 30-minute advertisement for anything and can focus on other things. That, plus money.
    That's no excuse. They can still have their 30 minute advertisement while giving it an actual plot.

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post
    Takeshi, the writer of pokemon, died near the end of DP which explains why i had such a terrible ending episode
    ever since, the episodes have been childish and repetitive. wheres the imagination?
    Pokemon had writers? I assumed they just took whatever they were doing that day and stuck Pokemon in it.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I only watch CN for Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. I think all those shows like Regular Show or Adventure Time are stupid.
    Please click my egg!

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post
    Pokemon has multiple writers, doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That's no excuse. They can still have their 30 minute advertisement while giving it an actual plot.
    Did I ever say it was? I never said I liked that that's what they were doing. It's why most Pokemon fans hate the anime in the first place.

In defense of the writers, though, the games don't have much of a plot, either. Most Pokemon fans I know say that the real fun in the games comes when the plot is over, and you can do whatever you want. How are you supposed to advertise something like that with a TV show?

Unhappy

ok cartoon network is getin new Shows

Original animated series

I Heart Tuesday (TBA 2012)
    Steven Universe (TBA 2013)
    Uncle Grandpa (TBA 2013)

Original live action series

Team Toon (Fall 2012)
    Nick Cannon's Credible Crew (TBA 2013)

Non-original animated series

Beyblade: Metal Fury (October 13, 2012
    Beware the Batman (TBA 2013)
    Teen Titans Go! (TBA 2013)
    Untitled Lego Series (TBA 2013)
    Untitled Total Drama series (TBA 2013)
    The Tom and Jerry Show (TBA 2013)
    Grojband (TBA 2013)
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes

Spoiler:- [center:

......I wonder how many of those will make it into CN Asia.

And I still don't know why the hell CN Asia didn't air Pokemon, a show that originates from an Asian country.

Even more baffling when CN Asia actually aired Beyblade Metal Fusion at one point, and sometimes re-aired Dragon Ball Z Kai. Why not Pokemon, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I haven't seen Omniverse, only the original series, and I like the original series. So if there's some hate going around for Omniverse, then there's probably something wrong with the story. Or the new aliens aren't as likeable with Ben's character, or his character got messed up, I don't know.
    Actually, most of the hate comes from the radically different animation style.

It also seems to be some kind of alternate universe, like the name suggest.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Actually, most of the hate comes from the radically different animation style.

It also seems to be some kind of alternate universe, like the name suggest, since Omniverse shows that somehow the 10 year old Ben already has the Omnimatrix, despite the ending of Ben 10 Ultimate Aliens clearly shows it's the first time anyone ever saw the Omnimatrix, and Azmuth even mentioned that he was working on it for the last six years.
    Ben had the prototype Omnimatrix when he was 10, 11, and 15. Then he had the Ultimatrix (the demo version if you will) while he was 16, and now has the actual FINISHED Omnimatrix at either 16 and a half or he just turned 17 prior to the series premiere. So really it's not contradicting anything... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by brysondd24 View Post

Original animated series

Uncle Grandpa (TBA 2013)

Team Toon (Fall 2012)

Grojband (TBA 2013)
    hviufhuiwrhviuhigheigi!!!! Really??? HOLY **** YAY!!!!!

Did I ever say it was? I never said I liked that that's what they were doing. It's why most Pokemon fans hate the anime in the first place.

In defense of the writers, though, the games don't have much of a plot, either. Most Pokemon fans I know say that the real fun in the games comes when the plot is over, and you can do whatever you want. How are you supposed to advertise something like that with a TV show?
    No, the games have some semblance of plot to them, it's just not all throughout the game. The anime doesn't even have that.

Original animated series

Uncle Grandpa (TBA 2013)

Team Toon (Fall 2012)

Grojband (TBA 2013)
    Meh, none of these shows really excite me. Or at least not yet.

Briefly summing up my thoughts:

Original animated series

Uncle Grandpa (TBA 2013)
    Meh.

Team Toon (Fall 2012)
    Potential facepalm, although Team Toon doesn't sound that bad.

Grojband (TBA 2013)
    The ones in bold are shows I might actually bother to watch, which is saying a lot, considering I hardly watch CN anymore. Once I hear more about that last one, I'll make my final judgment; that may actually be good.
    Last edited by Twentington; 3rd October 2012 at 11:44 PM.
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Original animated series

Uncle Grandpa (TBA 2013)
    Steven universe? is that intentionally suppose to sound like an animated Steven Hawking show?

Team Toon (Fall 2012)
    I thought Nick Cannon was terrible on Nickelodeon, but this is ridiculous.

Grojband (TBA 2013)
    The Bolded ones are the only shows I would actually want to watch. I was never into anything lego, batman, or Beyblade, I have always hated Tom & Jerry, and I don't know what Grojband even is. But the new Teen Titans sounds awesome and I always watch the new Total Drama seasons, so i guess I can stick around with these shows.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast