Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 510

Thread: Islamophobia and McCarthyism

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    The point was that in some Islamic countries, those hateful religious ideals are held in place by law and supported by an uncomfortably large percent of the population. Whereas in predominantly Jewish/Christian societies, the hateful ideals from said religious are completely distant from laws.
    Maybe the problem is with the country, not the religion. How many "radical" Muslims do you see in America? I'm sure you saw all those Muslims on the tv protesting gay marriage. Oh wait. They don't, because they're not as evil as you assume they are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    That is the root of my problem with religion as a whole; they express little tolerance (or none at all) for people who do not share the same views. Muslims just seem to be the ones actually acting out on the hateful part of their religion, while Christians (most) left that nonsense in the Dark Ages.
    You could switch "Muslims" and "Christians," and your blanket statement would would just as stupid.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    Maybe the problem is with the country, not the religion. How many "radical" Muslims do you see in America? I'm sure you saw all those Muslims on the tv protesting gay marriage. Oh wait. They don't, because they're not as evil as you assume they are.
    To tell the truth the Muslim's on the North American continent are probably the most moderate you will find. Go to Britain or many places in Europe are nearly anywhere in the Middle East and you will find Muslims that would love to slaughter gays and protest against gay marriage. It is kind of sad that in the Muslim world, the moderates are really the minority.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    To tell the truth the Muslim's on the North American continent are probably the most moderate you will find. Go to Britain or many places in Europe are nearly anywhere in the Middle East and you will find Muslims that would love to slaughter gays and protest against gay marriage. It is kind of sad that in the Muslim world, the moderates are really the minority.
    I guess that just goes to show you how great of a country America is.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    I guess that just goes to show you how great of a country America is.
    America and Canada, I want to be fair here, our neighbors to the north have equally great and moderate Muslims.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, Don'cha know?
    Posts
    205

    Default

    I personally feel ashamed to not only be from the state that Michele Bachmann represents, but also her district. I thing to some extend, Islamaphobia was relative, but at this point, I think it's irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    Description: I am sexy
    ~I Like Boys~

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    America and Canada, I want to be fair here, our neighbors to the north have equally great and moderate Muslims.
    Let me rephrase what I said earlier. North America is the greatest continent ever.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    At my house
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    Saying that the Muslim Brotherhood is not related to Hamas is like saying Hitler Youth had nothing to do with the NAZI Party. Here is a quote from The National, a respected news source that proves my point:



    Saying that the Muslim Brotherhood supports cooperation with Israel is actually so inaccurate it's offensive. I have gathered a couple of articles that state the opposite. In fact, why don't you read the one containing the above quote.

    http://www.thenational.ae/news/world...erhood-victory

    Another article, that actually quotes a prominent member of the Muslim Brotherhood saying that Israel should prepare for war against the Egyptian people:

    http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=206130

    Another article, which explains how Egyptian Parliament states Israel is the number one enemy of Israel saying "Egypt calls Israel its number one enemy" . It also features a video with the former Israeli ambassador to Egypt that not only reiterates the fact that the Muslim Brotherhood hates Israel, but also that the Muslim Brotherhood is a Islamist supremacist organization that will try to replace Egyptian law with the Qu'ran and Shariah law. They even went as far to teach in school the Islam is by far the most important thing. Not very accommodating of the Christian, Atheist, Jewish, and Non-Muslim students is it?

    http://www.rt.com/news/egypt-israel-enemy-gaza-485/



    This exert from the above article even contains a quote directly from Egyptian parliament that clearly states the Egypt does not support a relationship with Israel.

    Nobody who is enlightened about this topic can honestly say that the Muslim Brotherhood is a friend of Israel. Not only that, but the Muslim Brotherhood is enemy to anyone who is not a Muslim. This quote, taken from one of the above articles, shows how a very high ranking member of the Muslim Brotherhood shows his complete disregard for the lives of non-Muslims:



    By "brothers" he means Muslims. Interesting isn't it? How the Muslim Brotherhood seems to only care about the lives of other Muslims. Could that be because the Qu'ran itself teaches disdain and hatred for non-Muslims? No, that couldn't be it.

    I have noticed several people linking articles to the notoriously leftist Huffington Post. Did it ever occur that they might be biased to try and defend Muslims? Even in defiance of the truth? I am not saying this source can't be trusted, because it most certainly can. I am just saying that their articles should be taken with a grain of salt, since they may be biased.

    On another note, the very FBI states that the Muslim Brotherhood has terrorist ties and supports a hateful ideology. This quote here sums that up pretty well:



    The very statement that the Muslim Brotherhood is not an organization that supports Islamic superiority (not at all different from the notorious Nazi Party, that preached White Christian superiority) is absurd. Their very motto is: "Allah is our objective. The Prophet is our leader. The Qur'an is our law. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope." THEIR MOTTO PREACHES JIHAD FOR GOD'S SAKE! For those of you who don't know what Jihad is, it literal means "to struggle". Jihad is often referred to as violent actions that are taken to spread Islam and eliminate non-Muslims, but it can also be cultural. Jihad is defined as a holy war against non-Muslims.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad

    Saying that an organisation whose motto clearly states that Jihad is their way is not supporting terrorism in the name of Islam or violence against non-Muslims is absolute insanity. That would be such an untrue statement that I am at a loss for something that would even remotely be on the same level of stupidity. The Director of the FBI himself regards the Muslim Brotherhood as a threat:



    On another note, the very term Islamophobic just furthermore proves the media's one-sided views: those views being that there is nothing threatening about Islam. Islamophobia literally means an irrational fear/dislike of Islam. There is nothing irrational about it. According to the NCTC (National Counter-Terrorism Center) atleast 68+ % of terrorism attacks were committed by Muslims, keep in mind that 12% of attacks were committed by unknown groups, and 16% were committed by political groups that may or may not be pro-Islam. So, a person's fear of a group responsible for more than two thirds of the terrorism in the world is irrational? Keep in mind that this same 2010 report states that only 2% of terrorism is committed by Christians. Here is a link to the PDF of said report:

    http://www.nctc.gov/witsbanner/docs/..._terrorism.pdf

    As if that wasn't enough, according to a Pew Global Attitudes Survey, one in seven Muslims in major European countries (such as France, and Great Britain) think that suicide bombings are justified because they defend Islam. Once again, a fear of a group of people where one in seven think that the killing of innocent people is okay if it is in the name of their group is completely justifiable.

    In a similar survey, over 60% of Palestinians promote the bombing of Israeli towns and cities. That isn't agree with the bombings, but that actually promote it. Again, anyone in their right mind should dislike of a group of people that want to bomb innocent men, women, and children.

    If you are questioning where I got these statistics, possibly thinking they are from an anti-Islam right wing source, then you'll be happy to know I actually obtained them from a quoted source within Muslim organization, WikiIslam.

    http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Muslim_Statistics_(Terrorism)

    Do not get me wrong, I am not saying that every Muslim is a radical violent terrorist, just like every German wasn't a member of the Nazi party. However, the vast majority of Muslims, just as the vast majority of Germans, support their respective hateful idealistic groups, may that be outwardly or inwardly. Even those that stood by and did nothing to stop the spread of a hateful ideology are to be frowned upon. Very few Muslims, just as very few Germans, actually stood up vocally and took an active stand against the violent groups affiliated with them. If the Muslims of the world are so peaceful, how come they are not standing against the hatred and violence that is committed in the name of their religion? Words cannot describe the respect I have for the courageous few Muslims who do stand against groups such The Muslim Brotherhood, Al Qaeda, and Islamic terrorism in general. Those Muslims are an example of bravery. The only problem is, the majority of Muslims support evil in the name of their religion with their silence.

    Let us not forget to read the Qu'ran, for it explains how the true goal of Islam is domination. As well as preaching hatred for non-Muslims, the fact that it is okay to beat your "disobedient wife", and the marrying of underage girls. Don't believe me? Read it. The very holy prophet Mohammed, who Muslims believe is the perfect model of a man, married a 6 year old girl, and engaged in intercourse with her at the age of 9. I'll let you be the judge, but should any sane person worship a pedophile?
    Clearly you have some issues with religion in general, especially Islam. Considering this thread isn't for arguing about the merits of religion i'll let this discussion rest.



    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Actually by wing and connection I am speaking to Hamas' founding charter.

    Article Two: The Link between Hamas and the Association of Muslim Brothers. The Islamic Resistance Movement is one of the wings of the Muslim Brothers in Palestine. The Muslim Brotherhood Movement is a world organization, the largest Islamic Movement in the modern era. It is characterized by a profound understanding, by precise notions and by a complete comprehensiveness of all concepts of Islam in all domains of life: views and beliefs, politics and economics, education and society, jurisprudence and rule, indoctrination and teaching, the arts and publications, the hidden and the evident, and all the other domains of life.
    But that's the Hamas charter, the brotherhood has decried violence, what more can they do? If the insanely islamo-paranoid U.S government is not listing it as a terrorist organization then I'm gonna go ahead and assume they aren't.

    In no way im I supporting them, im just not gonna call them a terrorist organization for the actions of 1 member.

    In any case bel9 has already explained that these so called "connections" to the brotherhood are supported by a less than reliable source.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I think it's just politician's trying to turn us against each other.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I am a Christian and proud of it!†

    My FanFic

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    But that's the Hamas charter,
    Which shows a link since birth that they are together?


    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    the brotherhood has decried violence, what more can they do?
    Is that why they ordered a rocket attack on Israel?

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/did-...tion-eve-ploy/

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    If the insanely islamo-paranoid U.S government is not listing it as a terrorist organization then I'm gonna go ahead and assume they aren't.
    You can assume that, that does not mean that they have terrorist wings such as Hamas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    In no way im I supporting them, im just not gonna call them a terrorist organization for the actions of 1 member.
    One Member, Founding Charter, Same thing right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    In any case bel9 has already explained that these so called "connections" to the brotherhood are supported by a less than reliable source.
    And as I have already explained to bel9, those facts have been backed up by other sources.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    You're absolutely right. As I said before, there are religious fanatics of all kinds; people who justify killing and hatred in the name of their God. My point was that in Judeo-Christian nations, the fascist laws and ideals held in place by the government/monarchy that were taken from (mostly) Christian/Catholic scripture during the Dark Ages are no longer held in place. There will always be religious fanatics who want to kill infidels/gays/whatever like in the examples you provided. The point was that in some Islamic countries, those hateful religious ideals are held in place by law and supported by an uncomfortably large percent of the population. Whereas in predominantly Jewish/Christian societies, the hateful ideals from said religious are completely distant from laws.
    So you don't think omitting gay marriage from the law suggest hatred between Judeo-Christianity and Gays?

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    Clearly you have some issues with religion in general, especially Islam. Considering this thread isn't for arguing about the merits of religion i'll let this discussion rest.
    She must have just read the title, and assumed that this topic is about spreading her Islamophobia.

    Sorry for getting side-tracked, but I need to nip this bigot in the bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    Do not get me wrong, I am not saying that every Muslim is a radical violent terrorist, just like every German wasn't a member of the Nazi party. However, the vast majority of Muslims, just as the vast majority of Germans, support their respective hateful idealistic groups, may that be outwardly or inwardly. Even those that stood by and did nothing to stop the spread of a hateful ideology are to be frowned upon. Very few Muslims, just as very few Germans, actually stood up vocally and took an active stand against the violent groups affiliated with them. If the Muslims of the world are so peaceful, how come they are not standing against the hatred and violence that is committed in the name of their religion? Words cannot describe the respect I have for the courageous few Muslims who do stand against groups such The Muslim Brotherhood, Al Qaeda, and Islamic terrorism in general. Those Muslims are an example of bravery. The only problem is, the majority of Muslims support evil in the name of their religion with their silence.

    Let us not forget to read the Qu'ran, for it explains how the true goal of Islam is domination. As well as preaching hatred for non-Muslims, the fact that it is okay to beat your "disobedient wife", and the marrying of underage girls. Don't believe me? Read it. The very holy prophet Mohammed, who Muslims believe is the perfect model of a man, married a 6 year old girl, and engaged in intercourse with her at the age of 9. I'll let you be the judge, but should any sane person worship a pedophile?
    Nice job labeling the vast majority of Germans as Nazi sympathizers. I have seen your type of ignorance before on the internet. It's not very amusing. Just because you don't see any Muslims speaking out against the radicalism in Islam's name, doesn't mean they're not speaking out. Of course if you did see that, you'd probably close your mind to it to protect your anti-Islamic bias.

    "I don't see any Christians speak out against the KKK and the WBC. I guess all Christians supports these hate driven organizations."

    Did it ever cross your mind that perhaps girls in the Middle East reached puberty earlier than they do in America because of the climate and the food that they eat? Do you think Muhammad just got tired of waiting for three whole years, and just decided then to have sex with her? No. He waited for her to reach puberty. Girls having sex right after puberty was very common in that era. Look up what cultural relativism means.
    Last edited by Sadib; 30th July 2012 at 8:08 AM.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,922

    Default

    I don't hear many slurs against Germans anymore. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to mean 'just like the vast majority of Germans supported their respective hateful groups in Nazi Germany' rather than speaking of today's Germans, even though it didn't specify a past tense. However there's a deeper problem there - just because Nazis represented Germany during WWII, doesn't mean Germany unanimously went along with him. History represents the people with the most memorable actions and loudest statements. A people's history of Germany in World War II would probably show an impoverished public (just like marioguy said - poverty breeds trouble! - fed misinformation by one central madman and his support system, who exchanged promises for support. When World War II really took off, there was a massive backlash against the holocaust - some of it actually coming from the churches, who were less than pleased that some of the Jews/Handicapped/Homosexuals being rounded up were from their families, and they really started to realize what was happening. Talk is one thing, but it's incredibly unlikely that the public of an entire county, one with interconnected families and local roots where they didn't care much about the government or social policies as long as they made life less expensive - could unanimously be united in being bloodthirsty as the political schemers that governed them.

    The same goes for the 'vast majority of Muslims'. I believe we can easily identify that innocent public that just wants to live in a stable, peaceful environment, and we do all the time. We just need to educate ourselves more on the exact trends that influence militant Islam - and avoid taking broad, sloppy steps that rapidly change these trends - like going to war, over, and over, and over...

    Quote Originally Posted by Albus Dumbledore
    Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.

    My deviantART
    | Suggested Alternative News: The Juice Rap News and The Corbett Report

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    Maybe the problem is with the country, not the religion. How many "radical" Muslims do you see in America? I'm sure you saw all those Muslims on the tv protesting gay marriage. Oh wait. They don't, because they're not as evil as you assume they are.

    You could switch "Muslims" and "Christians," and your blanket statement would would just as stupid.
    Do you know what Sharia Law is? Obviously not. Sharia Law is Islamic law derived solely from the Islamic Religion. This law calls for the persecution of non-Muslims, women to wear the burqa/niqab, permits the beating of a man's wife/daughter/female relative, and homosexuals to be killed (among other things). This Islamic Law is held in place by the country, as I said, it is the law of the land. Obviously not all Muslims practice this extreme, hateful, violent Islamic law. However in countries like Sudan and Afghanistan where Sharia Law is forced onto everyone unspeakable things are being done under Islamic law.

    The amount of radicals in America can be measured by the amount of women you see wearing full Islamic face veils (burqa/niqab). While it does say in the Qu'ran to dress modestly, it doesn't say to cover up like a Halloween ghost. The women, and the men that undoubtedly brainwash them into wearing this, are Islamic extremists. This can be said with certainty because in the very act of wearing a burqa/niqab you are practicing Sharia Law. Which means you support Sharia Law, and therefore the atrocious acts that fall within.

    To address your second, very ignorant point; if you took the time to actually read my statement you would notice that I said "that is the root of my problem with religion as a whole". Since you seem to need clarification, I am saying that all monotheist religions have hateful, unjust morals within them, including Christianity. I myself am not a Christian, nor a Catholic, Jew, Buddhist, Muslim, etc. I don't agree with the underlying value of most religions (especially Abrahamic religions); that value being that all who do not share your views are beneath you. In Europe during the Dark Ages (or events like the notorious Spanish Inquisition) you would be murdered/tortured or tormented at the very best for sharing different religions beliefs than the ruling party, such as the Catholic Church. However if you were to go to predominantly Christian/Jewish/Catholic societies today you would not be burned at the stake for having different religious views. While today in Muslim majority countries you will be prosecuted/tortured or even killed like these unfortunate Christians in a Muslim majority country:

    http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...tors-home.html

    To tell me that there is no such thing as radical Muslims and that Christians are just as violent today as Muslims is to spit on the graves on the hundreds that have died this year alone at the hand of Islam. If Christians today are just as intolerant of non-believers as Muslims are today then tell me how according to America's very own National Counter-Terrorism Center 68% of terrorist attacks are committed in the name of Islam while only 2% are committed in the name of Christianity? And that is only terrorist attacks involving Americans! (See my earlier post to see the link).

    I am disgusted when people like yourself act like there is no radical Islam problem. I'm not saying all Muslims are radical murderers, I never did. What I am saying is that a h*ll of a lot more of them are than any other religion today. To deny that is to ignore all those who died at the hands of Islam in only recent times, such as the victims of 9/11 or the London bus bombings, or these people:

    http://vinienco.com/2012/06/04/2012-935-people-slaughtered-31-days-islam/

    or these girls

    http://frontpagemag.com/2012/frank-c...-afghan-women/

    or the countless women and homosexuals abused on a daily basis because of something they were born with.

    As BigLutz said, American Muslims are the most moderate. Spend a couple months in Iraq as a non-Muslim and tell me how peaceful and innocent of a religion Islam is.

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy
    Nice job labeling the vast majority of Germans as Nazi sympathizers. I have seen your type of ignorance before on the internet. It's not very amusing. Just because you don't see any Muslims speaking out against the radicalism in Islam's name, doesn't mean they're not speaking out. Of course if you did see that, you'd probably close your mind to it to protect your anti-Islamic bias.

    "I don't see any Christians speak out against the KKK and the WBC. I guess all Christians supports these hate driven organizations."

    Did it ever cross your mind that perhaps girls in the Middle East reached puberty earlier than they do in America because of the climate and the food that they eat? Do you think Muhammad just got tired of waiting for three whole years, and just decided then to have sex with her? No. He waited for her to reach puberty. Girls having sex right after puberty was very common in that era. Look up what cultural relativism means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg
    just like every German wasn't a member of the Nazi party
    I'll have you know that both my parents are German. They spent their lives trying to shake the stereotype that painted them as Nazis. Again, you seem to have a habit of shutting out any part of my argument that disproves your point. Read on further and you would notice how I said that the silence and inaction of many Germans made them guilty as well. As is your pattern, I never said no Muslims were speaking out against Islam. In fact one of the finest educational films about radical Islam was made by a Muslim, that film being "The Third Jihad". My point being that you see many groups like the English Defence League and SION that stand against Islam and were founded by non-Muslims, but you don't see many groups founded by Muslims that are against radical Islam. I challenge you to find me a credible article about a Muslim movement against radical Islam. I'm sure many Muslims oppose radical Islam silently, but that is not what is going to make a difference here. I know that if I were a Muslim, I would be marching the streets against groups like the Taliban and Al Qaeda.

    The reason you don't see many Christians speak out against the KKK/WBC is first of all because it is because the KKK is virtually non-existent. There might be a couple of red-necks in a trailer home that decide to organize a protest at the local Costco. There are not entire nations where everyone is subjugated to the hateful ideals of the KKK/WBC like there are entire nations under the hateful ideals of radical Islam. You're comparing apples to oranges.

    You cannot seriously be justifying a 50+ year old man having sex with a 9 year old girl. Ridiculous as your statement was, it doesn't matter if she hit puberty, SHE IS STILL NINE!. This is outrageously offensive to victims to child molestation across the globe. How dare you defend someone, it doesn't matter who, that had sex with a 9-year old girl. Oh and y the way, if you actually read the Qu'ran (which I suggest you do, as it would enlighten you as to the true nature of Islam) than you would know that Mohammed did not refrain with sex from the girl out of courtesy, she fell ill and under the marvelous superstitions of the 7th century he opted to wait for her to get better.

    The very fact that you use the term "bigot" to describe someone you barely know is a testament to your ignorance.

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem
    So you don't think omitting gay marriage from the law suggest hatred between Judeo-Christianity and Gays?
    If you mean what I think you mean; in that the fact that I think that in many states gay marriage is illegal, and that suggests hatred between Judeo-Christianity in Gays (correct me if I am wrong) then that wasn't the point. Considering that I live in Canada (a country where gay marriage is legal and accepted by pretty much everyone, including myself) I never even considered that Gay marriage was illegal. It only further proves my point that all religions deprives certain groups of certain rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage
    Clearly you have some issues with religion in general, especially Islam. Considering this thread isn't for arguing about the merits of religion i'll let this discussion rest.
    You'll notice that I commented on the whole Muslim Brotherhood terror connection as well as the term "Islamophobia". Two topics that were outlined in the first post. While I agree that my post entered other areas regarding the problems with religion, claiming my post was irrelevant was uncalled for. You could very well have accepted the "relevant" poarts of my post and ran with that, or since those two topics have been rather beat to death, you could acknowledge that as in any good conversation, relevant material needs to be added, as it was.
    Last edited by Iceberg; 30th July 2012 at 6:37 AM.
    FC: 1463 5647 1777


    Come check out my Trade Shop!!!

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    I thought I share this. According to PEWforum.org, there was a 14-point increase between the 2008 and 2012 polls with Republicans from 16% to 30% believing that President Barack Obama is a Muslim.

    http://www.pewforum.org/Politics-and...-religion.aspx

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    I thought I share this. According to PEWforum.org, there was a 14-point increase between the 2008 and 2012 polls with Republicans from 16% to 30% believing that President Barack Obama is a Muslim.

    http://www.pewforum.org/Politics-and...-religion.aspx
    Ironically enough it still doesn't come close enough to the number of Democrats believing that 9/11 was a inside job. You will always have the fringe believe conspiracy theories of people they hate.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    I'll have you know that both my parents are German. They spent their lives trying to shake the stereotype that painted them as Nazis. Again, you seem to have a habit of shutting out any part of my argument that disproves your point. Read on further and you would notice how I said that the silence and inaction of many Germans made them guilty as well. As is your pattern, I never said no Muslims were speaking out against Islam. In fact one of the finest educational films about radical Islam was made by a Muslim, that film being "The Third Jihad". My point being that you see many groups like the English Defence League and SION that stand against Islam and were founded by non-Muslims, but you don't see many groups founded by Muslims that are against radical Islam. I challenge you to find me a credible article about a Muslim movement against radical Islam. I'm sure many Muslims oppose radical Islam silently, but that is not what is going to make a difference here. I know that if I were a Muslim, I would be marching the streets against groups like the Taliban and Al Qaeda.
    You still don't get it. Muslims don't need to prove themselves that they aren't terrorists. Only a moron would assume that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    You cannot seriously be justifying a 50+ year old man having sex with a 9 year old girl. Ridiculous as your statement was, it doesn't matter if she hit puberty, SHE IS STILL NINE!. This is outrageously offensive to victims to child molestation across the globe. How dare you defend someone, it doesn't matter who, that had sex with a 9-year old girl. Oh and y the way, if you actually read the Qu'ran (which I suggest you do, as it would enlighten you as to the true nature of Islam) than you would know that Mohammed did not refrain with sex from the girl out of courtesy, she fell ill and under the marvelous superstitions of the 7th century he opted to wait for her to get better.
    Again: cultural relativism. It was a different culture. Are you also going to say that America is bad because it once had slaves? Even though I am Muslim, I have never read the Qu'ran, nor do I plan to. Can you give some excerpts detailing the true nature of Islam.

    We should really stop talking about this, because it has nothing to do with the baseless accusations by Bachmann.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    I thought I share this. According to PEWforum.org, there was a 14-point increase between the 2008 and 2012 polls with Republicans from 16% to 30% believing that President Barack Obama is a Muslim.

    http://www.pewforum.org/Politics-and...-religion.aspx
    I saw that on a video by TheYoungTurks. It's not only republicans.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    You still don't get it. Muslims don't need to prove themselves that they aren't terrorists. Only a moron would assume that.
    I agree, however I do believe that possibly a "Muslim Pride" parade and events could help, I mean lets be honest, Islam has taken a massive P.R. hit over the past decade in almost all areas of the world. Staging events talking about the good that Islam provides many people in areas of the western world, could go a long way to helping correct the P.R. disadvantage, and may help take steps in taking what could be viewed as a "weird" religion, and humanizing it.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Ironically enough it still doesn't come close enough to the number of Democrats believing that 9/11 was a inside job. You will always have the fringe believe conspiracy theories of people they hate.
    Alright. Well I remember there were PPP polls with one almost half of Mississippi Republicans believing not just that Obama is a Muslim and the other with about half of them believing that interracial marriage should be illegal. Just saying.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    You still don't get it. Muslims don't need to prove themselves that they aren't terrorists. Only a moron would assume that.

    Again: cultural relativism. It was a different culture. Are you also going to say that America is bad because it once had slaves? Even though I am Muslim, I have never read the Qu'ran, nor do I plan to. Can you give some excerpts detailing the true nature of Islam.

    We should really stop talking about this, because it has nothing to do with the baseless accusations by Bachmann.

    I saw that on a video by TheYoungTurks. It's not only republicans.
    I wasn't saying that Muslims need to prove that they aren't terrorists. Again you misunderstood. My point was that people, such as the Taliban, are smearing the name of Islam. In the past (such as the 1960s) countries that were Muslim dominated, such as Iran, weren't that bad. It wasn't until a handful of radical crazies had to spoil the bunch. These terrorist organizations are committing crimes in the name of Islam. If I were a Muslim, I would feel the need to stop them from further smearing the name of my religion, not to prove that I wasn't a terrorist.

    Again, defending pedophiles on the basis that's "it's their culture" is inexcusable. Yeah, you're right, it was terrible that America (As well as many other countries, lest we forget) because they had slaves. However, American's (hopefully all) don't condone that kind of activity anymore. The problem with Islam is that they are worshiping a man that had sex with a 9-year old. In many Islamic countries forced marriage with little girls is okay all because Mohammed did it. They are still worshiping a pedophile when they should be shunning his actions.

    Here are some verses from the Qu'ran and other Islamic literature that degrade women.

    “Men are overseers over women, by reason of that wherewith Allah hath made one of them excel over another, and by reason of that which they expend of their substance. Wherefore righteous women are obedient, and are watchers in husbands absence by the aid and protection of Allah. And those wives whose refractoriness ye fear, exhort them, and avoid them in beds, and beat them; but if they obey you, seek not a way against them; verily Allah is ever Lofty, Grand.” [5]

    Qur’an (4:11) - (Inheritance) “The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females” (see also verse 4:176).

    Qur’an (2:223) - “Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will…”

    Bukhari (6:301) - “[Muhammad] said, ‘Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?’ They replied in the affirmative. He said, ‘This is the deficiency in her intelligence.’“

    Bukhari (2:28) - Women comprise the majority of Hell’s occupants. This is important because the only women in heaven ever mentioned by Muhammad are the virgins who serve the sexual desires of men. (A weak Hadith, Kanz al-`ummal, 22:10, even suggests that 99% of women go to Hell).

    Muslim (4:1039) - “A’isha said [to Muhammad]: ‘You have made us equal to the dogs and the asses’“ These are the words of Muhammad’s favorite wife, complaining of the role assigned to women under Islam.

    The fourth Caliph, who was Muhammad’s son-in-law and cousin, said just a few years after the prophet’s death that “The entire woman is an evil. And what is worse is that it is a necessary evil.”

    And here is a lengthy one regarding how non-Muslims should be treated

    Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

    In total the Qu'ran contains 109 verses that call Muslims to war with non-Muslims.

    Anyway, as you said this is getting off topic. On the whole topic of Bachmann, I don't think it is right to do a whole background check on a government official just because she is a Muslim. However, it would be reasonable to do a background check on someone who's family is member of a terrorist/radical religious organization. If you were to believe the former, that the Muslim Brotherhood is a terrorist organization but it is still unfair to investigate someone solely because their family is involved in this organization, I ask you this; If it were found out that one of the high ranking government officials family all had ties with the Nazi party of the KGB, would you want an investigation done on them? And if you were to believe the latter, that the Muslim Brotherhood is not a terrorist organization, they just preach some controversial ideals, I have this to ask you, if a high ranking government official's family was a member of Aryan Nations (a non-violent organization) would you want an investigation done on them?
    FC: 1463 5647 1777


    Come check out my Trade Shop!!!

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    Anyway, as you said this is getting off topic. On the whole topic of Bachmann, I don't think it is right to do a whole background check on a government official just because she is a Muslim. However, it would be reasonable to do a background check on someone who's family is member of a terrorist/radical religious organization. If you were to believe the former, that the Muslim Brotherhood is a terrorist organization but it is still unfair to investigate someone solely because their family is involved in this organization, I ask you this; If it were found out that one of the high ranking government officials family all had ties with the Nazi party of the KGB, would you want an investigation done on them? And if you were to believe the latter, that the Muslim Brotherhood is not a terrorist organization, they just preach some controversial ideals, I have this to ask you, if a high ranking government official's family was a member of Aryan Nations (a non-violent organization) would you want an investigation done on them?
    I would only call for an investigation only if there were legitimate claims that the government official had ties with terrorists.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Again: cultural relativism. It was a different culture. Are you also going to say that America is bad because it once had slaves?
    B-but slavery is perfectly okay and fine! Mohammed himself said so! That's why true righteous muslim countries like Saudi Arabia still allow it!

    The difference is that America realised slavery was wrong. Even at the time, almost all educated people in America were against it.

    Even now, however, hundreds of millions of muslims think Mohammed is a positive role model for all people, even though anyone with an ounce of humanity can see that Mohammed was a disusting monster. If he really was inspired by a flawless divine creator there's no way he would have done so many terrible things, because he would have known better. Unless you're saying allah has the same sense of morality as your average 7th century desert dwelling murderous serial-raping sub-human.

    I personally have two theories to explain Mohammed's behaviour.

    1) He was an evil, cruel man who made up "allah" as an excuse to do bad things.

    2) He was insane, and his actions were the result of voices in his head telling him what to do.

    Perhaps it was a bit of both? What do you think?

    Even though I am Muslim, I have never read the Qu'ran, nor do I plan to.
    I've had several muslims tell me that so-called muslims who don't read the Quran go to hell for not being islamic enough. I hope you remember to take some burn ointment.
    NewWhite2 FC: 4943-3678-5904
    White FC: 4900-3303-1247



  22. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond, king of ducks View Post
    B-but slavery is perfectly okay and fine! Mohammed himself said so! That's why true righteous muslim countries like Saudi Arabia still allow it!

    The difference is that America realised slavery was wrong. Even at the time, almost all educated people in America were against it.

    Even now, however, hundreds of millions of muslims think Mohammed is a positive role model for all people, even though anyone with an ounce of humanity can see that Mohammed was a disusting monster. If he really was inspired by a flawless divine creator there's no way he would have done so many terrible things, because he would have known better. Unless you're saying allah has the same sense of morality as your average 7th century desert dwelling murderous serial-raping sub-human.

    I personally have two theories to explain Mohammed's behaviour.

    1) He was an evil, cruel man who made up "allah" as an excuse to do bad things.

    2) He was insane, and his actions were the result of voices in his head telling him what to do.

    Perhaps it was a bit of both? What do you think?



    I've had several muslims tell me that so-called muslims who don't read the Quran go to hell for not being islamic enough. I hope you remember to take some burn ointment.
    You're going to piss off a lot of Christians and Jews by saying that the idea of God was first invented by Muhammad.

    Your Muslim friends have no idea what they're talking about. They're the ones who are going to need burn heal.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    You're going to piss off a lot of Christians and Jews by saying that the idea of God was first invented by Muhammad.
    I'm not saying he invented the idea of god. I'm saying the god of the quran may have been created by Mohammed. Either that, or he was hearing voices.

    "Allah, what should we do with the infidels who don't accept you?"
    "Kill them, Mohammed, kill them all!"

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    Your Muslim friends have no idea what they're talking about. They're the ones who are going to need burn heal.
    How would you know they don't know what they're talking about if you've never read the quran? Also, they weren't my friends (Why would I want to be friends with islamists? I'd sooner befriend a Nazi).
    NewWhite2 FC: 4943-3678-5904
    White FC: 4900-3303-1247



  24. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    I am Muslim, I have never read the Qu'ran, nor do I plan to.
    Dude what!?!....
    My FC for 5th gen is 4041 2078 1937
    current wifi team
        Spoiler:- MasterBark:

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    303

    Default

    I would just like to say the the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, was a tranquil peacefull being...Who ONLY preached love and peace...
    Anyone who knows the history of those times and this beings life will no THIS to be true. SO really, those who do negative acts while with the prophet muhammad's,
    peace be upon him,name, or in his honor, are doing things wrong because that is not what this being was trying to teach his followers.

    Muslims will always be a scapegoat for many because of most peoples lack of understanding towards them, so because of this lack of understanding they hate them because of their minority.
    But the majority of Muslims are peaceful beings.
    Last edited by Celestial Moth; 30th July 2012 at 5:19 PM.
    Bug-Type Represent !

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •