Thread: Shiny egg chaining: Fact or Myth?

Default Shiny egg chaining: Fact or Myth?

So I recently heard that you can chain eggs by declining the first 42, then hatching after that, and there's a better chance of the pokemon being shiny. Now I was wondering... Since all the responces on the thread are all like "Cool, I'm gonna try it!" I'm wondering... Does it work?

Somehow, I doubt that's true. I don't advise you try it, as it has never been confirmed and will most likely just waste your time.

Of course, you can use the Masuda Method and get a Japanese Ditto, and of course, the chances of shininess will be larger than normal for every egg.
    FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

Current Nuzlocke Team (Black):
    Hogden (level 25), Bonanza (level 25), Privee (level 24), Chickadee (level 24), Lindsey (level 24), Mersault (level 31)
    Deaths: 1

(White 2):
    Joust, level 20, Duster, level 20, FL047.exe, level 23, Sora, level 20, Calla, Ravio, level 20

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Milotic is a BOSS View Post
    So I recently heard that you can chain eggs by declining the first 42, then hatching after that, and there's a better chance of the pokemon being shiny. Now I was wondering... Since all the responces on the thread are all like "Cool, I'm gonna try it!" I'm wondering... Does it work?
    Doesn't work.

Not in the code of any game.
    I hate how people covet events and treat them as if they have value, so I make all my events free to everyone. Don't be a jerk and treat them as if they have value by adding them to your thread. Random female DW Pokémon - please use these for breeding purposes only.

I really doubt it's true, but at the same time I wonder how people got the idea.
    Sort of like the one who said that having a trainer ID that starts and ends with a 3 gives you a better chance to find a shiny starter when SRing.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Ok, thank you to everyone who responded on this!

No problem!
    FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

Current Nuzlocke Team (Black):
    Hogden (level 25), Bonanza (level 25), Privee (level 24), Chickadee (level 24), Lindsey (level 24), Mersault (level 31)
    Deaths: 1

(White 2):
    Joust, level 20, Duster, level 20, FL047.exe, level 23, Sora, level 20, Calla, Ravio, level 20

Well basically the rule is: if the japanese code-crackers didn't mention it in 24 hours after the official release of the game, it's probably not true.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    Well basically the rule is: if the japanese code-crackers didn't mention it in 24 hours after the official release of the game, it's probably not true.
    no, that's entirely false.

I don't see why the egg you select will give it a better chance of being shiny. It should just be exactly the same. Better ways to get a shiny is by breeding Pokemon from your game with foreign Pokemon or PokeRadar chaining.
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert