Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is 4th gen under appreciated?

Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum are. That is not the case with HG and SS.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Definately so. Is was mostly because of most of the in game pokemon. Half of them suck IMO :/
    Says the guy who's favorite Pokemon comes from the 4th gen. <,<

I'm going to say no. So many people started with the 4th gen, I'm pretty sure they appreciated it.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I actually find myself playing my Pearl version more often than not... I just ordered a new copy of SS, and I'm excited to play it! c: I love the Pokeradar on Pearl, I have finally figured out how to chain well recently and I've scored myself 10 shinies. I'm getting shinies for my team just because I love the SS version so much. So no, it is not unappreciated by me. Perhaps I am biased, but I've been a Pokemon fan since 1st grade - meaning about 12~13 years now, and I've played all the games. A lot of people do prefer the newer version, maybe because its sleeker. HG/SS will probably always be my favorites. Though, B/W does offer the best movesets, I think, especially due to Hidden Abilities. I am really excited to save up and get W2 and explore the grottos - Magic bounce Espeon, here I come!

Gen 3 will always hold a special place in my heart; it was the versions I played with my friends when we had the "free day" to bring our Gameboys to school. We'd trade pokemon and hang out, all talking about what we had accomplished so far! Call us geeks, but we all enjoyed it. So of course, I will always love Gen 3. I am hoping so much for a remake; I tried to play Sapphire last night, but the interface, after playing the DS versions for so long, is so foreign and awkward to me. Everything is too pixelated and the visuals don't really appeal to me anymore. It's nostalgia and I love it for that, but I probably won't play it anymore unless I want to do the Nuzlocke challenge, which I would probably much rather do on FireRed.

Either way, I love all the versions for different reasons. I don't hate the new generations, the old generations, the middling generations - I love SOMETHING about all of them. One thing I love doing is loading my GBA characters onto my XD or Collo. Always fun to see your well-loved Pokemon in 3D on your TV! Reminds me I should get a new XD disc and invest in my pokemon more on the GBA versions, hehe.

I think DPPt have been a bit forgotten in the shadows of BW and B2W2 due to the newer games new feutures.

I really liked the fourth generation! I don't know why its hated so much.

The fourth gen brought some of the strongest and feared pokemon in the metagame! Look at Garchomp, Lucario, Hippopatas, The new moves introduced and Cyentha- A champion that could actually push someone to being more competitive then just using pure force. In my belief the fourth gen was when the games became more competative.

Hello,

I personally like IV games better than other generations. We all know that the first generation was the best. Generation 4 would probably come in 3rd place out of all the 5 generations.

I actually liked gen 4's pokemon. Most of them, anyway.
    Most of all, I don't understand ppl's rants about all the new avolutions. I mean, as if in any pokemon forum doesn't have a huge "what pkmn should have an evolution?" thread.
    That was GF's biggest act of fanservice ever.
    I like most of them, anyway. Lickylicky, Gliscor, Rhyperior, Yanmega, Mamoswine, Gallade, Weavile and (most of all!) Magmortar are epic.

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    No. I love my SS and Diamond more than White. Coz Lyra Also the PokeRadar, nya~
    OOH YEEAH THE POKERADAAAR <333333 so awesome.
    Last edited by Absol Wings; 21st October 2012 at 2:43 PM.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I thought that Gen. 4 had a very substantial lack of fire types. The only main series games I really like from these are HG/SS (no I am not wearing nostalgia goggles). Platinum was cool with the distortion world and all that, but Diamond and Pearl had very, very slow beginnings and Team Galactic looks like a bunch of really bad Star Trek cosplayers.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbleurtle View Post
    I don't think it is. I love 4th gen, especially SoulSilver & HeartGold.
    I agree.

Well, now that 4 5th gen games are out the fourth gen has kinda been forgotten, sad really, coz Platinum and HGSS were epic
    ~ My 3DS Friend Code is 3523 - 2969 - 5609 ~
    ~ PM me if you wanna add me ~

~ PLAYING PLATINUM AGAIN LIKE A BOSS!!! ~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123