Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Iris and the Rogue Dragonite! (750)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Who's to say that she wasn't worth anything? It's not rather if she's worthy or not, it's that if they keep putting her in the background to do nothing but whine and bark, then it will get annoying after a while.
    She did nothing substantial for her Dragon Master goal until this episode, that's what I meant.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by Demonsead View Post
    She did nothing substantial for her Dragon Master goal until this episode, that's what I meant.
    Except that's wrong since she taught Emmy the ways of dragon types and did her best to help Deino come out of its shell. And not to mention Axew mastering Dragon Rage and learning new moves, all of those are substantial for her goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Except that's wrong since she taught Emmy the ways of dragon types and did her best to help Deino come out of its shell. And not to mention Axew mastering Dragon Rage and learning new moves, all of those are substantial for her goal.
    Emmy and Dragon Rage were very early. Deino was very minor.
    She never trained with Axew to learn those moves Outrage and Giga Impact were pulled out of his butt.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Emmy and Dragon Rage were very early. Deino was very minor.
    She never trained with Axew to learn those moves Outrage and Giga Impact were pulled out of his butt.
    She still battled with Axew a lot going as far to challenge Cynthia.

All of those are substantial, you can't tell me otherwise.

She still battled with Axew a lot going as far to challenge Cynthia.

All of those are substantial, you can't tell me otherwise.
    What was the last time Axew battled on-screen before the whole Cynthia scenario.

Random : PokéRadar

What was the last time Axew battled on-screen before the whole Cynthia scenario.
    Forget that! When was the last time Axew won a battle on-screen without pulling a new move out of his arse at the last second?

I guess in the Kami Trio two-parter, though I'm not sure if that really counts.

Look, the point here isn't the BS-ery of Giga Impact or anything, it's that Iris did do SOMETHING.

I guess in the Kami Trio two-parter, though I'm not sure if that really counts.

Look, the point here isn't the BS-ery of Giga Impact or anything, it's that Iris did do SOMETHING.
    I think Taidow is more upset because Dragonite, before being around for even five episodes, is going to get more serious, on-screen battles (and wins) than Axew, who has been with Iris since the beginning of the BW saga. Not counting fights against TR, Scraggy, and wild Pokemon, Axew has only been in two battles like that, and he got curb-stomped in one of them. The other one was that Don Tournament battle against Luke's Golett where he got copped out by a move that we've never seen in action since.

Average episode IMHO

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Iris getting Dragonite and this episode didn't make it things better. Compared to other "bonding episodes that end in capture" it's a bit... lacking. Maybe, it's because I'm bothered with Iris getting such powerful pokemon yet I think the whole situation could have been handled better.

Even the episode where Dawn got Togekiss felt less... lacking. At least, it was a standard pokemon and we can argue it was a situation that kind of "reversed" the whole releases (this time instead of the gang giving away an evolved strong poke, they are receiving it).

Anyway, I like how this episode worked a bit more Iris' goal. It was an element that really need some fleshing out.

a character with the desire to become a dragon master (or anyone for that matter) getting a dragonite is a thumbs up in my book, my bet is that dragonite probably wont be properly "tamed" until the end of the bw series. i was disappointed in the deino episode when she didnt get deino, i thought that it would've been a great addition to her team and plus the whole progression into hydreigon stuff, with dragonite she just kinda... got a really strong pokemon just like that, i dont really care how she got it provided it wasnt a cheesy insult , im just glad she got it. i feel like she should have a deino and a druddigon. i like excadrill (emolga...mehh), but obviously from a dragon trainers perspective, they have no place on her team.

This episode was better than the filler one, lol Dawn doing her hair? some things never change. Poor Cilan couldn't fit through the vent. Iris goal was explained a little more here. The Dragonite will help her a lot, but she needs to tame it.

I was worried to how they would show the capture of Dragonite but I think it was a great reason as to why he would want to stay with Iris and I felt so sorry for his loss and after the battle.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Loved the ep, music wasn't to great but the animation was really nice and the plot worked well, and i loved the cg usage in the episode.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

That's just a gif of Ferrothorn being sent out. How is it cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    That's just a gif of Ferrothorn being sent out. How is it cool?
    I just like how Ferrothorn looks in the anime. I thought it looked cool...

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Yes, Ferrothorn does look pretty epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Is it so wrong that I wished it would have turned out different and Dragonite was the reason for the BO?
    What do you mean? Dragonite WAS the reason for the blackout.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Finally got around to watching the episode, and I enjoyed it. Dragonite seems interesting to me, it's pretty loud too.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Iris goes the entire black and white series up to now only catching an Emolga, then suddenly she catches one of the best dragons? I dunno... I would feel better about it if she had caught more lower level dragons before this guy.

The dumb thing is that their wouldn't really have been a problem if the police weren't being so stupid. The second they learned it was hurt they should have called for Nurse Joy not antagonized it further. But then if they hadn't done that Iris wouldn't be able to have a fully evolved power house handed to her on a silver platter.

It's one thing for a low level Pokemon to decide to follow one of the characters but it should stay low level. It's really bad writing if they don't properly earn something of this caliber.
    Beat it in battle then catch it or start with the base from and evolve it.

At this point when someone tells Ash that "it's too dangerous." like Officer Jenny told him in this episode I half expect him to laugh it off and be like "Please, I've only saved the world a few dozen times, this is nothing." or "I've beaten Legendary Pokemon, I can handle myself."

Frankly for all their freaking out it sure didn't feel dangerous. And lol at going to try and round up a Dragon type and not taking an Ice type with you. Not very efficient

That dragonite is one strong dragonite.

Anyone seen this episode dubwise yet?

It's funny because it's Charizard 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    It's funny because it's Charizard 2.0
    3.0, I believe. Mamoswine was Charizard 2.0 back in Sinnoh.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast