Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Iris and the Rogue Dragonite! (750)

I don't know, this was my least favorite of the Dawn's return arc episodes, mostly because Dragonite acts like a jerk. I'm glad Iris was able to get through to dragonite and understand him before anyone else did, but I'm still not that fond of him. He reminds me more of Charizard back in the day than Dawn's equally uncontrollable Mamoswine, who never really rose to the level of jerk. I'm glad Dragonite doesn't remain a jerk long, but he still kind of rubs me the wrong way.

6/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    I don't know, this was my least favorite of the Dawn's return arc episodes, mostly because Dragonite acts like a jerk. I'm glad Iris was able to get through to dragonite and understand him before anyone else did, but I'm still not that fond of him. He reminds me more of Charizard back in the day than Dawn's equally uncontrollable Mamoswine, who never really rose to the level of jerk. I'm glad Dragonite doesn't remain a jerk long, but he still kind of rubs me the wrong way.

6/10
    I'm pretty much on the same page of Wobbanut when it comes to this episode. Only difference being, I'm giving it a 7/10. Other than that, my opinions are nearly dead-on with him for this episode.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Psst... I'm a girl. Don't let my Cilan avatar fool you.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I have mixed feelings about this episode.
    1. I like dragonite as a character. He is a strong deviation from the standard derpy kind looking dragonite that has traditionally been portrayed in the show. Hes aggressive, strong, but has a good heart and an awkward softy when he is approached with kindness. Plus I love dragon pokemon as a whole (I admit to modding my game during my 2nd/3rd playthroughs of them to allow me to have a dragon starter pokemon sometimes just because I rather not waste time leveling a starter pokemon only to ditch it later once I get my hands on a trapinch or any other dragon) (That or I just mod in a charmander as a starter because I consider him good middle ground alternative to having a dragon as a starter).
    2. Even as a person who loves dragon type pokemon and Iris as a character I too felt like her picking up a dragonite right off the bat is kinda ridiculous.
    The spike in pure raw power of her team is astounding not to mention she gets it with very little effort on her part. If she got her hands on a Dratini and raised it into a Dragonite it would have been far more acceptable (plus it proves she can raise her pokemon not just pick them up). Though I still admit to having mixed feelings because I fundamentally like Dragonite as a character.
    3. She should have fought for it. The fact that Dragonite simply let her catch it is strange to me. Seeing how aggressive and battle-oriented a pokemon Dragonite is it would have made much for sense for her to have fought for it.

Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

I loved this episode. It was nice seeing a Hydreigon at the beginning. I love Dragonite's personality and loved that he was captured.

This was an OK episode, Iris getting a fully evolved Pokemon on her team was unexpected. Personally I think Iris should have caught a Dratini and trained it instead of getting a Dragonite.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789