Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Iris and the Rogue Dragonite! (750)

Quote Originally Posted by WGCV23 View Post
    Yeah I know that , it is just showing that comment she made was kinda hypocritical if you look at it but that's part of her character to make those kind of comments which makes her unique in some way ( I'm not bashing her character .__. ).
    She's always hypocritical.

Iris: *gets shocked Ash doesn't know that a pokemon he has never met from a different region has a certain ability* Kodomo ne.
    Iris: Anything Ash does or when Cilan was in the subway. Kodomo ne.

Iris: Tells Axew to use Scratch on a Ghost type... -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I don't look at it as hypocritical, I mean, she has shown how much she loves dragon types.

Also, do we have confirmation on who caused the blackout?
    Well that's the reason I said it is hypocritical because she loves Dragon type so much she doesn't think they are evil yet she had a different opinion on ice types like they were monsters but it is nice to see her stand up for Dragonite against what looked hired mercenaries from officer Jenny like wow none of them though that maybe the poor thing is hurt ? :/

And yes Hydreigon caused the Blackout with Dragonite's indirect help because after he used Dragon pulse on Dragonite while shielding the pidove he crashed ( being hurt and exhausted ) and destroyed the antenna/transformer thingy that supplied the town with electricity but in no way it was Dragonite's fault like officer Jenny was implying to.

3DS FC : 1547-5393-2663

Quote Originally Posted by WGCV23 View Post
    Also kinda laughed that Iris said no Dragon types are evil because at the end of the day the one who still caused the blackout was still a Dragon type pokemon
    Causing it didn't make it evil, it was accident because Dragonite was hurt. Thanks for missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Iris never met J's Salamence either.
    In the words of Ekans from the original series "pokemon are not bad....pokemon do bad things because trainers are bad"
    Salamence did bad things because J was evil.....get the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Causing it didn't make it evil, it was accident because Dragonite was hurt. Thanks for missing the point.

In the words of Ekans from the original series "pokemon are not bad....pokemon do bad things because trainers are bad"
    So,Meowth has a trainer!Oh wait...
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2n0j700.png[/IMG]
    Thanks Pat!

"The lunatic is in my head
    You raise the blade, you make the change
    You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane.

You lock the door
    And throw away the key
    There's someone in my head but it's not me.
    " - Brain Damage,Pink Floyd.

Explain the Hydreigon then.

Quote Originally Posted by lokoduro View Post
    So,Meowth has a trainer!Oh wait...
    Team rocket taught Meowth to be bad and evil. And plus, Meowth thinks he's a human anyway.

Explain the Hydreigon then.
    We don't know what caused the battle in the first place. It could've been about territory or something. Both pokemon were simply protecting themselves. Hydreigon just got the upper hand because the Pidove distracted Dragonite. That didn't make it evil.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 26th July 2012 at 9:54 PM.

Team rocket taught Meowth to be bad and evil. And plus, Meowth thinks he's a human anyway.

We don't know what caused the battle in the first place. It could've been about territory or something. Both pokemon were simply protecting themselves. Hydreigon just got the upper hand because the Pidove distracted Dragonite. That didn't make it evil.
    I didn't know they teach you first to be evil to then join.I thought it was the opposite...he joined TR cause he wanted.
    About Hydreigon....he was using attacks without trainer's command.Pikachu can't even evade if Satoshi doesn't say so ¬.¬"
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2n0j700.png[/IMG]
    Thanks Pat!

"The lunatic is in my head
    You raise the blade, you make the change
    You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane.

You lock the door
    And throw away the key
    There's someone in my head but it's not me.
    " - Brain Damage,Pink Floyd.

I don't know that doesn't look like the face of a nice pokemon after hitting something with Hyper Beam and having it fall injured into a forest.

I didn't know they teach you first to be evil to then join.I thought it was the opposite...he joined TR cause he wanted.
    Well, I remember after Koffing and Ekans made that statement, that Meowth was shocked because he didn't understand. He chose to be evil because his mind turned into human-like and wanted to make decisions on his own.

About Hydreigon....he was using attacks without trainer's command.Pikachu can't even evade if Satoshi doesn't say so ¬.¬"
    Um okay, Dragonite was also attacking without a trainer's command, that didn't make it evil. Like I said, we don't know what caused them to battle.

I don't know that doesn't look like the face of a nice pokemon after hitting something with Hyper Beam and having it fall injured into a forest.
    Hydreigon have a dark looking design, but that doesn't make them evil (like the hydreigon we saw in the first BW movie which was good). We don't know why they battled, but both pokemon were defending themselves. Hydreigon got the last word, but then it flew away. That doesn't equal evil.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 26th July 2012 at 10:08 PM.

I think you just read that part of my post only and ignored the rest...I was refering to Hydreigon who is until proven otherwise is a Wild pokemon , I know the Dragonite wasn't evil I mean he shielded the wild pokemon sacrificing his body and was just finding a way to get healed and Jenny and the other trainers wanted to injure it more then capture it :/. You're just trying to find an argument here where I don't see one the Hydreigon was evil and the Dragonite wasn't end of story.

3DS FC : 1547-5393-2663

Dear, tsundere!Dragonite is the cutest thing! This episode wasn't that special why do they still need Dawn again BUT every time Iris was on the screen the episode got a lot better! I've always loved her character, but in this episode she was really magnificent. I don't mind episodes focusing at her at all, when she's this awesome.

Well, I remember after Koffing and Ekans made that statement, that Meowth was shocked because he didn't understand. He chose to be evil because his mind turned into human-like and wanted to make decisions on his own.

Um okay, Dragonite was also attacking without a trainer's command, that didn't make it evil. Like I said, we don't know what caused them to battle.

Hydreigon have a dark looking design, but that doesn't make them evil (like the hydreigon we saw in the first BW movie which was good). We don't know why they battled, but both pokemon were defending themselves. Hydreigon got the last word, but then it flew away. That doesn't equal evil.
    It's smiling after seeing Dragonite fall from the sky injured. Instead of helping it, it flew away content.

It's smiling after seeing Dragonite fall from the sky injured. Instead of helping it, it flew away content.
    Had Dragonite hurt Hydreigon, then he would've also smiled and flew away.

If we saw Dragonite minding its down business and then a random Hydreigon started attacking it for no reason, then that's a case for calling it evil. However, since the episode started with both attacking each other, we don't know why they started to battle.

We do know that they were defending themselves and Hydreigon achieved that when Dragonite fell, that was a case of Hydreigon of just defending itself like both were doing the entire time.

We know that Dragonite is good since the episode focused about it, but we don't have enough proof to label Hydreigon as evil when all the info we have about it was that it was defending itself.

Had Dragonite hurt Hydreigon, then he would've also smiled and flew away.

If we saw Dragonite minding its down business and then a random Hydreigon started attacking it for no reason, then that's a case for calling it evil. However, since the episode started with both attacking each other, we don't know why they started to battle.

We do know that they were defending themselves and Hydreigon achieved that when Dragonite fell, that was a case of Hydreigon of just defending itself like both were doing the entire time.

We know that Dragonite is good since the episode focused about it, but we don't have enough proof to label Hydreigon as evil when all the info we have about it was that it was defending itself.
    Thank you for contradicting yourself.

The first line was a hypothetical example to show that both of them were trying to hurt each other, hence the word "Had." Hydreigon got the upper hand, but it could've easily went the other way.

We don't know WHY they were battling. Hydreigon simply "looking" like the evil one is not good enough and it's not being fair, we need more proof than what we saw.

I'm so glad that Iris got Dragonite. Her team really needed a lift, and Dragonite is sure to come in handy. I really liked how BA Dragonite was too; it's been a while since we've seen a cool Dragon-type. I wasn't interested in the "plot" of the episode though. It was reductive as usual, so I focused more on the characters than on the story. Still, the episode was much better than I expected it to be.

What HGH is saying is, we don't have both sides of the story. Hydreigon could of started it or dragonite could have.

We don't know.

Also as for the smiling and flying away as dragonite fell. Wouldn't you feel somewhat happy if an opponent of yours was defeated?

I have claimed Quagsire the king of the marsh!!!

BEST EPISODE IN BEST WISHES FOR ME!!!! I'm so happy and excited. Iris is officially the leader of this group now. I expect them to refer to her as Queen Iris now XD

100/10!!!!
    team
    pikachu
    charizard
    snorelax
    bulbasaur
    heracross
    infernape

names Ash

hail to the king baby

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Given the username, avatar, and signature...bias opinion much!!!
    Bias opinion? Just because I'm saying the truth it's suddenly bias? Please, if you feel different, in what way was the trio funny? Tell me.

I want you to know that I'm not the kind of Iris-fan that ignores bad writing when it's practically is rubbed into my face, and yet you're making such foolish assumptions. Woah. Someone really needs to grow up.
    Last edited by FierceIris; 26th July 2012 at 11:44 PM.

''The Girl Who Understands the Hearts of Dragons''

Quote Originally Posted by darkstarj13 View Post
    team
    pikachu
    charizard
    snorelax
    bulbasaur
    heracross
    infernape

names Ash

hail to the king baby
    You forgot Sceptile, but agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by FierceIris View Post
    Bias opinion? Just because I'm saying the truth it's suddenly bias? Please, if you feel different, in what way was the trio funny? Tell me.
    I think Joltik-Kid had a problem with your characterization of Iris and how important you think she is to the anime.

Iris has only existed in 5th gen anime, and the Pokemon anime has been doing just fine since it had been without Iris. And will continue to just fine in future generations without Iris.

Iris is not the be all character in the Pokemon anime.

Hence why Joltik Kid accused you of being "biased."

You may not have found Ash, Cilan, Dawn to be "humorous" at all but why you would think they would be in the position to be "funny." Their scenes were meant to be serious because they were in a serious situation.

Plus this was focused solely on Iris and her new Dragonite. There have been episodes where Iris didn't do anything, and the episode was just fine.

That's the problem with your statement, it really had nothing to do with you not finding the trio funny. But that you think the Pokemon anime apparently can't exist without Iris or maybe even to a less harsh degree, the chemistry amongst the group.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I think Joltik-Kid had a problem with your characterization of Iris and how important you think she is to the anime.
    The thing is though, I never stated anything about how important Iris is to the anime. What I stated was how important I personally thought she was to the BW trio, which should be something that I'm allowed to state, right? Will every post I write require me to state ''IMO''?

Iris has only existed in 5th gen anime, and the Pokemon anime has been doing just fine since it had been without Iris. And will continue to just fine in future generations without Iris.
    I don't think I've said anything different. You're misunderstanding. I've never said that the animé would fail without having Iris on the main cast, what I said is how the trio dynamics were going to fail miserably without Iris in it. Of course, it is my opinion. I really have no idea why you suddenly brought up the animé in general into the discussion, considering that I was clearly not implying to that.

Iris is not the be all character in the Pokemon anime.
    Which I clearly didn't state either. You're exaggerating big time, and you're making me doubt that you read my post in the first place.

You may not have found Ash, Cilan, Dawn to be "humorous" at all but why you would think they would be in the position to be "funny." Their scenes were meant to be serious because they were in a serious situation.
    May I ask you were I stated that the trio was going to be funny in the first place? I can't remember, considering that I don't think I did it in the first place. What I stated was that they were boring, and what way you're interpreting that clearly isn't my fault. You could replace the word ''boring'' for uninteresting, would it make more sense for you then? Personally I've always felt that in the BW trio, once all of them were doing a task similiar to this, they all contributed in their own unique way (like Iris climbing in trees, for an example). In this scene, however, they were merely talking and being straight out dull, not to mention that I personally only felt like Cilan and Ash were leading the ''search'' together, with Dawn being excluded. That's my opinion.

Plus this was focused solely on Iris and her new Dragonite. There have been episodes where Iris didn't do anything, and the episode was just fine.
    What has that to with anything? You clearly misunderstood my statement. What I meant was how I personally considered her to be vital to the BW trio, not the anime.

That's the problem with your statement, it really had nothing to do with you not finding the trio funny. But that you think the Pokemon anime apparently can't exist without Iris or maybe even to a less harsh degree, the chemistry amongst the group.
    Read the above.

*re-reads what everyone said in the previous threads*

So...

I guess...

this whole fiasco...

can be traced back to you, sir.

Spoiler:- :

Lol. I was so close with my banana theory. He still told her to catch it. xDDDD

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by FierceIris View Post
    EDIT: Oh, and we also apparently got to see some scenes with the trio of Dawn, Ash and Cilan... My opinion? Boring. I realized that they are nothing without Iris.
    I understand its your opinion and all, but how can you form an opinion on something like that out of 30 seconds of scenes with them together? If it was a whole episode, then yes I could understand how you could form an opinion like that, but in a like 30 second scene which wasn't suppose to be funny or something that would make them fun or interesting, it was a scene that was suppose to help further to story and find a quick solution, nothing more than that really, it was less than a minute of screentime all together and that's barely enough time to base an opinion on.
    Last edited by KingMinun; 27th July 2012 at 1:54 AM.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    I understand its your opinion and all, but how can you form an opinion on something like that out of 30 seconds of scenes with them together? If it was a whole episode, then yes I could understand how you could form an opinion like that, but in a like 30 second scene which wasn't suppose to be funny or something that would make them fun or interesting, it was a scene that was suppose to help further to story and find a quick solution, nothing more than that really, it was less than a minute of screentime all together and that's barely enough time to base an opinion on.
    First of all, why should I not be able to form an opinion? Are you honestly telling me that I should not be able to form an opinion nothing which we only saw like 45 seconds of? Why not? Have you noticed how lots of people formed quite judgmental opinions on Iris and Dragonite, when they really had not seen a single episode air yet and only heard about a few episode titles and summaries? People form opinions about that, just like they do with everything in life, so why should I not be able to form an opinion about this? Even though it wasn't a very high amount of time, it showed the whole thing, and wasn't a preview or anything. So, naturally I can form an opinion about it! Does that chock you?

And once again, I never stated it was going to be fun. What I expected it to be was some interesting interactions between the three of them, with all of them somewhat contributing to the scene/plot and all of them having a hard word in it all. Quick solution? Why, of course. But we've seen other scenes like this where I've seen all three in the trio co-operating and somehow contributed to the scene (Iris climbing in trees and Dento's little gadget thing, for example). You're saying that I should not be able to form an opinion about it? Of course I am, I can form an opinion about almost everything. How logical/illogical it is though is a completely different matter. And just because I've formed an opinion I won't be able to change opinion later, right?
    Last edited by FierceIris; 27th July 2012 at 2:10 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast