Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Iris and the Rogue Dragonite! (750)

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Thank you for contradicting yourself.
    2 strong wild Pokemon have a fight for ANY reason.

One doesn't have to be "good" and the other "evil".

They could have been fighting over resources or land or just to see who was stronger. Nether one set out to mess up a power-plaint. What would have been "evil" is if he followed Dragonite down to the water and kept firing HBs at it when it had won already.

Fine, maybe my hatred for the handling of Iris and Dragonite is making me hate this episode more than I should hate it. I accept that.
    Letting my feelings go aside, it was a bland episode. Everythign went off as speculated. I don't hate it, its just bland. Not as bland as episode 4, but still meh.

Random : PokéRadar

Fine, maybe my hatred for the handling of Iris and Dragonite is making me hate this episode more than I should hate it. I accept that.
    Letting my feelings go aside, it was a bland episode. Everythign went off as speculated. I don't hate it, its just bland. Not as bland as episode 4, but still meh.
    If you honestly think it was bland, then you shouldn't be watching the anime at all. This is probably the best episode we've gotten in a long time, delivering in emotion, drama, and overall excitement. I bet you haven't even watched it to give an honest opinion on it.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 27th July 2012 at 2:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    If you honestly think it was bland, then you shouldn't be watching the anime at all. This is probably the best episode we've gotten in a long time, delivering in emotion, drama, and overall excitement. I bet you haven't even watched it to give an honest opinion on it.
    I did watch it.
    It was predictable.
    So far Best Wishes Season 2 has been bland.

I did watch it.
    It was predictable.
    So far Best Wishes Season 2 has been bland.
    I agree that the episodes so far haven't been totally to die for, but this one has delivered in great quality. Using the word predictable as your opinion for it doesn't really work since we get previews of episodes to tell us what to expect (including posters and summaries). Technically every episode qualifies as predictable since we know what to expect in advance of it actually airing.

You should really say your opinion is "I didn't like the episode because she captured it" because using words such "bland" is completely false and just shows you're exaggerating because of the outcome you didn't want to see.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 27th July 2012 at 3:16 AM.

I agree that the episodes so far haven't been totally to die for, but this one has delivered in great quality. Using the word predictable as your opinion for it doesn't really work since we get previews of episodes to tell us what to expect (including posters and summaries). Technically every episode qualifies as predictable since we know what to expect in advance of it actually airing.

You should really say your opinion is "I didn't like the episode because she captured it" because using words such "bland" is completely false and just shows you're not being fair.
    I found it bland, get over it.
    There's been episodes where we get previews of but we still don't know how the episode will go.
    This was a standard capture episode. Not to mention it felt really forced by having Cilan out first, and then Ash and Dawn blocked, just so Iris could bond with it.
    I'm not sure if you love it because it's genuinely awesome to you, or just to troll the people who were opposed to the idea of Iris getting Dragonite.
    Last edited by _Taidow_; 27th July 2012 at 3:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FierceIris View Post
    First of all, why should I not be able to form an opinion? Are you honestly telling me that I should not be able to form an opinion nothing which we only saw like 45 seconds of? Why not? Have you noticed how lots of people formed quite judgmental opinions on Iris and Dragonite, when they really had not seen a single episode air yet and only heard about a few episode titles and summaries? People form opinions about that, just like they do with everything in life, so why should I not be able to form an opinion about this? Even though it wasn't a very high amount of time, it showed the whole thing, and wasn't a preview or anything. So, naturally I can form an opinion about it! Does that chock you?
    I guess he means that there's nothing to judge by. ^^; Of course it'll be boring, it was a serious scene.

Well some people might have found this episode boring depending on what you watch it for. I watch the show for Dento mostly comedy--and this episode--while having some emotional parts wasn't as chokeworthy as Excadrill and the Dragon Buster. So this epi was still kind of a down for me. Nice that Iris got Dragonite, but it would have been much better if I didn't know it'd happen. ^^;
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

I found it bland, get over it.
    There's been episodes where we get previews of but we still don't know how the episode will go.
    This was a standard capture episode. Not to mention it felt really forced by having Cilan out first, and then Ash and Dawn blocked, just so Iris could bond with it.
    I'm not sure if you love it because it's genuinely awesome to you, or just to troll the people who were opposed to the idea of Iris getting Dragonite.
    You could say it was predictable in the sense that we knew the outcome, but calling it bland...sorry, that's just a laugh. If this episode aired without any previews or info and we all watched it live, NO ONE would be calling it bland....people would actually be in shock of the outcome. My issue is not that you didn't like the outcome, it's your choice of words.

You could say it was predictable in the sense that we knew the outcome, but calling it bland...sorry, that's just a laugh. If this episode aired without any previews or info and we all watched it live, NO ONE would be calling it bland....people would actually be in shocked of the outcome. My issue is not that you didn't like the outcome, it's your choice of words.
    They tried to hype it up--they did--but they only showed like....all of the important parts (bar Iris getting Dragonite but woop-dee-do that was spoiled). Regardless of what some would find it with no spoilers, it still happened and was bland because of them. :/ It'd be different if I was an Iris fanboy though.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    They tried to hype it up--they did--but they only showed like....all of the important parts (bar Iris getting Dragonite but woop-dee-do that was spoiled). Regardless of what some would find it with no spoilers, it still happened and was bland because of them. :/ It'd be different if I was an Iris fanboy though.
    Once again, you're using the wrong words. The word you're looking for is "predictable", not "bland."

You could say it was predictable in the sense that we knew the outcome, but calling it bland...sorry, that's just a laugh. If this episode aired without any previews or info and we all watched it live, NO ONE would be calling it bland....people would actually be in shock of the outcome. My issue is not that you didn't like the outcome, it's your choice of words.
    If there was no proviews...the episode wouldn't be bland...it would be a disaster,just as the previews made people go crazy here.For me,the episode just confirmed how much of a disaster this series is becoming ¬.¬"
    It was all forced,starting with Dento then with Satoshi and Hikari then with that camera....wow,so much for coincidence of events.
    And also,wow....the episode was highly emotional,because it was so orginal.Yeah,no one here saw Satoshi protecting Pokémon like 10000 times.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2n0j700.png[/IMG]
    Thanks Pat!

"The lunatic is in my head
    You raise the blade, you make the change
    You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane.

You lock the door
    And throw away the key
    There's someone in my head but it's not me.
    " - Brain Damage,Pink Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by lokoduro View Post
    If there was no proviews...the episode wouldn't be bland...it would be a disaster,just as the previews made people go crazy here.For me,the episode just confirmed how much of a disaster this series is becoming ¬.¬"
    It was all forced,starting with Dento then with Satoshi and Hikari then with that camera....wow,so much for coincidence of events.
    And also,wow....the episode was highly emotional,because it was so orginal.Yeah,no one here saw Satoshi protecting Pokémon like 10000 times.
    Judging by this post, your issue is the series in general. Maybe go find a different one that meets your needs?

Let me get this straight: It took Iris only two seasons to get a psuedo-legendary, yet Ash, who's been on the show since 1998, hasn't? Why you be hating on the protagonist writers? Why?
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

Once again, you're using the wrong words. The word you're looking for is "predictable", not "bland."
    Ok fine.

This episode had a very flat taste, one that is both unflavorful and predictable.

Judging by this post, your issue is the series in general. Maybe go find a different one that meets your needs?
    Good one,Sherlock.I really doubted you would deduce that after "just confirmed how much of a disaster this series is becoming".
    No,thanks.BW is my second favorite season,though this "Season2" is just failing hard.This episode was just ANOTHER standard capture episode,though not with a standard Pokémon.Dragonite isn't supposed to be standarly caught by anyone,Iris is no different,because //fanboys beware// she isn't god.Yeah,I know this is too much for one day,but I hope no one gets their mind blown by this.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2n0j700.png[/IMG]
    Thanks Pat!

"The lunatic is in my head
    You raise the blade, you make the change
    You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane.

You lock the door
    And throw away the key
    There's someone in my head but it's not me.
    " - Brain Damage,Pink Floyd.

Ok fine.

This episode had a very flat taste, one that is both unflavorful and predictable.
    Cilan told you to say that because he wasn't the star here. Admit it? XD

Cilan told you to say that because he wasn't the star here. Admit it? XD
    No, I don't talk to the characters. :P I just know how to speak Dento.

I was and still am kinda nyeh about iris getitng a dragonite, but I accually think the dragonite itself is pretty badass. xD

Plus its tsun towards iris somewhat, which is hilarious in it's own right. xD

besides that, I heard kimi no sobe da when dawn was blowdrying her hair.

<333333333333. (saves) lol

I accually found the episode entertaining in the very least, and I'll admit it, if i didn't know she'd beat down Mamoswine and beartic two episodes later, I probably would of liked it even more. (thoguh then I would of been al wtf when it accaully happened..but thats something different altogether. xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Being predictable can lead to blandness.
    This episode was an example.

This was just a mix of the usual capture episodes and the rampaging pokemon is just misunderstood episodes.
    Even Dawn's Swinub, Brock's Bonsly, and May's Munchlax were in similar scenarios. Everyone jumped against them for something and the people took pity and caught them.

I found it bland because it was a mix of the same old, same old.

No, I don't talk to the characters. :P I just know how to speak Dento.
    Awesome, I also know how to speak Iris.....Kodomo ne.

I liked the episode. I like Dragonite. I like Dragonite with Iris.

I like how they haven't immediately made a bond yet, but they have something there. It leaves room for development. The circumstances are different because I knew next to nothing about the episode, and I thought the capture would be more forced and Dragonite would be more overpowered. It's not so, in my opinion.

I like the appearances of Hydreigon, Ferrothorn and Magmortar too.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Awesome, I also know how to speak Iris.....Kodomo ne.
    "Kodomo ne" is Japanese, not Iris.

"Kodomo ne" is Japanese, not Iris.
    "these complains are so annoying but they are my flame bait for discussions with no reasons so I enjoy them" <- I think that is kinda close to speaking Iris xD I may be a little off lol ^-^

3DS FC : 1547-5393-2663

I like this episode...for a predictable plot it had enough going to make it entertaining and tsundere d-nite is an great pokemon...I like it...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

I don't think "predictable" is the right word either.

After all you can't argue that something was predictable if events were spoiled beforehand.

It's kind of like cheating your gullible/naive friend of money when betting on a fight that already took place, and you "know" the outcome.

Predictability really can only be applied if one were to make a random prediction, that turned out correct. Or in the beginning of the episode you figure out what's going to happen (like in horror mystery movies you figure out who did it and why before that information is revealed).

"Spoiled" is probably the right word. And I kind of have to agree that in some cases being "spoiled" can ruin someone's interest in an episode from anything. It's nice to be spoiled about the Pokemon Team Changes so you have something to look forward.

Reading a heavily spoiler review about the next Pokemon movie on the other hand, can make one ask "what's the point of watching this, if I already know what happens?" But when you want to watch something for the first time, you probably want to be as free from spoilers as possible.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast