Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Iris and the Rogue Dragonite! (750)

i can't believe they gave iris a dragonite......at least they gave it a personality similar to excadrill......giving iris the most powerful pokemon type is bad enough.....but giving her a pseudo legendary is going way way too far!

I liked the episode as well, I'm not sure what's the big deal about predictability or blandness or whatever was on the last page. It was an above average episode if you don't analyze it under a microscope. Hell a majority of the series is "predictable" so I don't see what the problem was here. Easily my favorite of the BWS2 episodes so far, mainly because we finally got the Dawn trying to integrate with the group out of the way.

As for Iris being alone with Dragonite, well I don't think it would have worked out any other way given Dragonite's apparent distrust of humans. The only thing I felt was convenient was the camera thing that Dento and the others found, but I realize that was done so they could at least keep him involved in some way. I don't think that the camera itself was convenient, since they made it quite clear that they have been watching Dragonite closely, but the fact that it was Dento and the others to find it was. That was really the only nitpick I had though.

I don't think the episode was too hyped or anything, it's mainly because people found out that she actually got the Dragonite that diminished their interest. I mean it's easy to tell who did or didn't like the episode based on if they liked the news of Iris getting it. That's all and well, but it's just too bad that it affects people's enjoyment so much.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    I liked the episode as well, I'm not sure what's the big deal about predictability or blandness or whatever was on the last page. It was an above average episode if you don't analyze it under a microscope. Hell a majority of the series is "predictable" so I don't see what the problem was here. Easily my favorite of the BWS2 episodes so far, mainly because we finally got the Dawn trying to integrate with the group out of the way.
    Let me explain...and it doesn't take a microscope.

First part we see Hydreigon battle Dragonite.

OOh look! We've seen that in a preview!

Jenny battles it with a bunch of different Pokemon that we thought were tourney Pokemon!

OOOH look! We've seen that in a preview!

Iris's hand lights up and she finds out what was wrong with Dragonite

OOOH look! We've seen part of that in the preview!

Iris catches Dragonite.

OOOH LOOK that wasn't in the preview but we found out anyway.

Then pretty much everything else was put together in the first preview. -_-

Just imagine going into this episode with no idea of what would happen. It would have been much better, but due to it being spoilered it just took away from the episode.

Though something is off with BW2 in general. I was discussing this with Loko last night and while we have different opinions on this I feel it's too advertisement heavy...and there are just too many characters that they have to juggle to where it feels stuffy. :/
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Let me explain...and it doesn't take a microscope.

First part we see Hydreigon battle Dragonite.

OOh look! We've seen that in a preview!

Jenny battles it with a bunch of different Pokemon that we thought were tourney Pokemon!

OOOH look! We've seen that in a preview!

Iris's hand lights up and she finds out what was wrong with Dragonite

OOOH look! We've seen part of that in the preview!

Iris catches Dragonite.

OOOH LOOK that wasn't in the preview but we found out anyway.

Then pretty much everything else was put together in the first preview. -_-

Just imagine going into this episode with no idea of what would happen. It would have been much better, but due to it being spoilered it just took away from the episode.

Though something is off with BW2 in general. I was discussing this with Loko last night and while we have different opinions on this I feel it's too advertisement heavy...and there are just too many characters that they have to juggle to where it feels stuffy. :/
    I don't see the problem, even if we saw all that nobody, or very few, were actually able to put them all together and knew exactly what happened. It was still a common thought that the Magnemite were the cause instead, so it wasn't that predictable. Regardless, I'd rather not go into this. Simply put, I saw all of the stuff that you saw and still was genuinely interested and wasn't sure how everything came together until the end. It was no more predictable than the other episodes.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I don't see the problem, even if we saw all that nobody, or very few, were actually able to put them all together and knew exactly what happened. It was still a common thought that the Magnemite were the cause instead, so it wasn't that predictable. Regardless, I'd rather not go into this. Simply put, I saw all of the stuff that you saw and still was genuinely interested and wasn't sure how everything came together until the end. It was no more predictable than the other episodes.
    It depends on the person though. Sometimes people enjoy things more without spoilers for it. I just think the parts that were spoilered were some of the best parts.

It depends on the person though. Sometimes people enjoy things more without spoilers for it. I just think the parts that were spoilered were some of the best parts.
    I really don't think that's the issue, but I've said what I wanted. I disagree, the best parts I felt were actually seeing Dragonite's inner turmoil and his eventual trust in Iris.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I really don't think that's the issue, but I've said what I wanted. I disagree, the best parts I felt were actually seeing Dragonite's inner turmoil and his eventual trust in Iris.
    It didn't help with the fandom bullying this episode either. :/ True, but at the same time I still think this episode would have been mind blowing if not for the spoilers. Don't get me wrong, I think it's one of the better episodes of BW2 (honestly there's not really one that I want to watch over and over yet...mostly just cutting to the chase) but it's still not as great as some of the episodes in BW. :/

It didn't help with the fandom bullying this episode either. :/ True, but at the same time I still think this episode would have been mind blowing if not for the spoilers. Don't get me wrong, I think it's one of the better episodes of BW2 (honestly there's not really one that I want to watch over and over yet...mostly just cutting to the chase) but it's still not as great as some of the episodes in BW. :/
    That's really what it comes down to I believe, looking at some of the responses. I don't know about mind blowing, and really people don't have to spoil themselves so yeah. My point is that even with the spoilers I don't think it was ruined or lost much of anything, the main issue of the episode hadn't been spoiled which I believe was most important. I just felt people were analyzing it too much and not giving it a fair chance for enjoyment. I mean really I didn't think this episode was bad or convenient or bland or what have you by BW standards.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

That's really what it comes down to I believe, looking at some of the responses. I don't know about mind blowing, and really people don't have to spoil themselves so yeah. My point is that even with the spoilers I don't think it was ruined or lost much of anything, the main issue of the episode hadn't been spoiled which I believe was most important. I just felt people were analyzing it too much and not giving it a fair chance for enjoyment. I mean really I didn't think this episode was bad or convenient or bland or what have you by BW standards.
    Well honestly I didn't even watch the episode and probably won't until I take a hiatus from the fandom for a while. I'm just sick of it and at the moment. -_- I still believe it was spoilered too much. Yes, you can stay away from spoilers, but it does get pretty hard when you have topics that come up. Believe me, I was originally going to stay away from Spoilers at BW14...XD

Well honestly I didn't even watch the episode and probably won't until I take a hiatus from the fandom for a while. I'm just sick of it and at the moment. -_- I still believe it was spoilered too much. Yes, you can stay away from spoilers, but it does get pretty hard when you have topics that come up. Believe me, I was originally going to stay away from Spoilers at BW14...XD
    Oh then what are you arguing for? It's not the same if you actually watch it.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I really enjoyed this episode, though the capture was spoiled for me, it was well paced and really gave Iris a chance to shine. I'd like to see a trainer capture that Hydreigon at some point so the two can renew their rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Being predictable can lead to blandness.
    This episode was an example.

This was just a mix of the usual capture episodes and the rampaging pokemon is just misunderstood episodes.
    Even Dawn's Swinub, Brock's Bonsly, and May's Munchlax were in similar scenarios. Everyone jumped against them for something and the people took pity and caught them.

I found it bland because it was a mix of the same old, same old.
    When you put it that way, you make a compelling argument.

Is it so wrong that I wished it would have turned out different and Dragonite was the reason for the BO?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Oh then what are you arguing for? It's not the same if you actually watch it.
    My argument is that "I believe people were spoilered too much for this episode, and thus it created a bland or predictable feeling to the viewers." That's what I'm saying.

My argument is that "I believe people were spoilered too much for this episode, and thus it created a bland or predictable feeling to the viewers." That's what I'm saying.
    And my point was that didn't seem to be the underlying problem when I read the reviews. I do believe that some people felt that way though, and that's understandable.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

tell you what...that is one grumpy dragonite , i always think of dragonites as happy (somewhat dopey looking), innocent beasts, iris should so go on to become something like a gym leader or something like that, a pokemon like dragonite COULD well be on this mythical grandmasters pokemon arsenal.

Just saw the episode, and I'm starting to feel bad for Cilan. He's starting to feel more like a background character that only acts as flamboyant as he does because he wants/needs the attention.

Anyway, it was a great episode by normal standards, and I'm hoping that we get to see that Hydreigon from the beginning terrorize the group in the future. Just imagine how things would go if Dragonite recognized that Hydreigon and they butted heads again.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Just saw the episode, and I'm starting to feel bad for Cilan. He's starting to feel more like a background character that only acts as flamboyant as he does because he wants/needs the attention.
    He clearly wasn't a background character last episode. Sometimes they don't center around every character within one episode. This was mostly about Iris and Dragonite so really everyone else was pretty much "background" not just Dento. Though they didn't have to kick him out at the vent

He clearly wasn't a background character last episode. Sometimes they don't center around every character within one episode. This was mostly about Iris and Dragonite so really everyone else was pretty much "background" not just Dento. Though they didn't have to kick him out at the vent
    Well he ultimately served a purpose in the end, when Iris asked Ash to find evidence to help Dragonite. Ash, Dawn and Dento went and found the video stuff so he wasn't completely out of the thing.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I just watched the subbed version of this episode and it was interesting imo. I liked the part where Ash and Dawn team up against the Dragonite with Piplup and Oshawott in that mini battle. I loved all the parts with Dawn XD. I give this episode a 7/10 overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I can't wait until Dragonite meets Excadrill. I wonder what chaos would happen then.

Yeah, pretty bland same old stuff, but at least Iris is actually worth something now.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

I like how Ash was confident in Iris's skills. When Jenny offered him a Poké Ball to catch the Dragonite if he doesn't calm down, Ash refused it claiming that Iris will definitely be able to calm him down.

I enjoyed this episode and all the actions that went on, it's defiantly above-average. Defiantly a good episode for sure.

-Hikari, when the episode started off I liked that moment of seeing her fiddling around with her hair like that. I also liked how they played "By Your Side~Hikari's Theme" during that moment. The only thing that was missing was a Bubblebeam hair-doing by Pochama. Shame that didn't get retained in BW2. Got a slight smirk from her words to Kairyu, takes a lot of balls to stand up to a raging Dragon Hikari. Glad she was around because Iris would have been toast without the help of her and Satoshi's dual Water-types. That ending scene with Hikari screaming about how a Dragon Master should talk, awesome.

-Sanzandora, I liked how the episode began with Sanzandora and Kairyuu fighting against each other. Really got a kick out of the triple Hyper Beam. The fact the writers debuted a piece of Team Plasma music during that scene with Sanzandora and the fact Ghetsis owns a Sanzandora makes me think that Dragon Pokemon belongs to Team Plasma. Though it might be wishful thinking. Either way, I'm sure Kairyu has unfinished business with Sanzandora, they wouldn't just give it such a short premiere for nothing. At least I hope not.

-Meleotta. I actually liked her, her singing just makes things feel so mellow and calm. I imagine that Meleotta's singing is partially like what it feels like to be high(on life?). Either way I liked her singing once again, when trying to soothe Kairyu. I wish we had saw its Step Forme more though, a dancing Meleotta calming Kairyu with a dance would have been nice or Meleotta just kicking its butt with In-Fight.

-Mijumaru and Pochama. I like Mijumaru's Hydro Pump animation still and his hotachi throwing scene. With Meleotta, Kibago, Pikachu, Mijumaru, Pochama, Koil, and Kairyu around that's way too many out-of-the-ball Pokemon at once for my taste. It just felt like too much.

-Iris, girl was outstanding for many parts in this episode. The thing I liked most about her in this episode was her blind faith in Kairyu and in Dragon-types in general. Alongside Satoshi and Hikari, trying to help a temperamental Kairyu like that was pretty endearing. I liked the relation made by Satoshi about Dragon Masters, Coordinators, and Trainers being one in the same. I especially liked the scene where she's in front of Junsa and tells for the Pokemon to attack her and not only defends Kairyu but Dragon-types' honor and how they're truly good Pokemon. You really get a sense of urgency and heartfelt care during the scene and that's probably what gave it so much emotion, intensity, and depth. It really does hurt and is hard to deal with being blamed for something you didn't do, since Kairyu was the indirect destroyer of the transformer. She finally got herself a second Dragon-type and I thought it was enjoyable hearing her say, "I caught a Kairyu, by the dedication of Dragons!" Either way I'm glad to know that Iris was brought one step closer to her goal. She caught herself a fairy tale like Dragon Pokemon, flies, breathes fire, angry, etc. I look forward to seeing the heart connection of the those two in the future.

-Kairyu was easily the gem of this episode. So much personality and moments that made me care for it a lot. It's so weird to not see a Kairyu with that derpy Sugimori Art face that they usually have. I thought it was really adorable how it protected the Mamepato like that and taking a blast straight to the backside, that Kairyu's a big, rough, softy. I thought closing itself off to a room in the power plant after wrecking one of the transformers by accident was somewhat weird a choice. I thought it was pretty nice how Kairyu is pretty sucky at showing more submissive or happy emotions so simply let out a loud roar to let Iris know it wanted to be apart of her team. "Throw a Monster Ball already, girl!" XD Though catching a fully-evolved Pokemon right off the bat doesn't leave the taste of award-winning writing, I'm optimistic. The conflicted scene about whether to leave or not was nice too. You really get a the feeling the gruff Pokemon is warming up to Iris. Yeah even though it is a fully-evolved Pokemon, I have no doubt in my mind Iris earned Kairyu. She built a rapport with it and truly supported it when it had that nasty injury even and was in a load of turmoil. So, I hope Iris catches two more Dragon-type Pokemon in the future to fill out the rest of her team, Monozu or Trapinch please. Heck, even Fukamaru.

-Nice ending churchy music at the scene where they bid a farewell to each other.

-Yep, around six or seven weeks and I'm already sick of Team Rocket's Live Caster. I wish they would at least change up the gag or something each time. In other news the new TR project looks somewhat interesting, hopefully it's good when it finally debuts. I still think they could use a new Pokemon or two or at least have Musashi's bat evolve.

I'm keep wondering what the White beam Attack that Hydreigon was using!
    Was it -
    1) Dragon breath
    2) Dragon Pulse
    3) Twister
    Please let it be Dragon Pulse!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonsead View Post
    Yeah, pretty bland same old stuff, but at least Iris is actually worth something now.
    Who's to say that she wasn't worth anything? It's not rather if she's worthy or not, it's that if they keep putting her in the background to do nothing but whine and bark, then it will get annoying after a while.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast