Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dragonball/Z/GT/Kai Club

I'd really like to join. I'm a huge Dragon Ball fan in general, and also have an account on the Kazenshuu forums, which I think you guys would be interested in for really in-depth, and new/interesting Dragon Ball info.

Favorite Character(s): Trunks (any of his variations really)
    Favorite Quote(s) (some of these may be off):
    Kid Trunks (after Goten asking is he could fuse with himself):"*laughter from him, Goku, and Goten* Hahaha... I don't get it."
    (Kai) Future Trunks: "Seems someone failed to tell you you're gonna die here."

There's stuff I'd like to talk about as well, but I guess there's already a current topic.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Sceptile Master: Accepted
    Welcome to the Club.

We change topics pretty frequently here so if there is anything you wanna talk about just start a new topic.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Quote Originally Posted by Master Leo View Post
    Movie 8 took place in the 10 day period right before the Cell Games. The Broly Saga *fanboy scream*
    But actually the DBZ Movies are on a different timeline than the anime. For example: The Gohan in movie 10 kept training after the Cell Games whereas the Buu Saga Gohan in the anime did not.

I like Gohan, but I dont think I would have liked seeing him defeat Cell AND Buu. I actually didnt like Buu Saga Gohan much. Great Saiyaman was ridiculous, he sucked majorly in the fight with Dabura, He got good when he turned into Ultimate Gohan but then he got absorbed...
    HA But he did pretty much defeat CellXD I loved that saga man, in my opinion had every thing an arc should have.

-Showed every one get a fight in, even Yamcha.
    -Goku got to still show some moves and help Gohan in the finale battle against Cell.
    -Some one other than Goku got to be the hero

I guess I'm one of those few who didn't mind the Great Saiyaman saga, hes my favorite character and it was kind of fun seeing him in high school sorts not like he stayed like that forever any ways. Some times I wish Gohan became Future Gohan, man did I love that Gohan the best besides Cell Games Gohan. Yah, guess unlike the Pokemon movies where some seem to be canon, none of the Dragon Ball Z films seem to be shoot.

Pichu, they wanted Gohan to take over Goku's role for a while now but Goku fan boys would always get there ways.
    Vegeta is strong, they still have him in the series though.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

1. Why do you think Broly was not added into the series? I know hes really popular in the fandom, why not add him in the Buu saga? That was after movie 8 right? When he was introduced?

Just being a movie character, I guess. Also, I don't know what would happen to keep him in the series for a long enough saga, or period of time, other than if it was mainly his form restricted by his jewelry (in which case he wouldn't do much anything IMO), or unless it was a long, dragged-out fight with Broly... considering he's not really the most calm Dragon Ball character.

2. Why did Akira let fan boys over power him? He wanted Gohan to take over Goku's role since the Frieza saga, yet fan boys kept getting in between that idea. I really wanted to see Gohan defeat Buu too ><

I don't know... all I know is that near the end of Z, Toriyama supposedly was just pushing the series along IIRC. But, I'm not too sure, so don't take my word for that.

As for another topic... one of the things I love about Dragon Ball is how many dubs there are... well, sorta. It makes it confusing as to which one to watch for some. But I mean [English] dubs for the whole series in general. There's probably more for Dragon Ball than most other series. Some of these dubs include:

Funimation (everything)
    Ocean Group (DBZ; technically everything minus movies 4-13 and specials)
    Blue Water (UK/Canadian GT dub; believe alternate UK/Canadian Dragon Ball dub too)
    BLT/Ocean Productions (1995 edited Dragon Ball dub; episodes 1-13 and movie 1)
    Speedy Video (Malaysian-English dub; all DBZ movies and supposedly all DB movies, possibly specials [forget]; Notable for the poor and hilarious English/Engrish, and poor audio editing/mixing)
    AB Groupe/Big Green Dub (all DBZ movies and specials, all DB movies, possibly GT Special; dub distributed mainly to English speaking parts of Europe, dub based off of the heavily changed French dub. Notable for lack of enthusiasm in most of the VAs, Superman-sounding Goku, numerous name and attack changes (Piccolo being "Big Green" Special Beam Cannon being "Magic Needle Attack"), etc. Besides Big Green, the most notable name change is nearly every technique being called the Kamehameha, from the Kaio-ken to the Spirit Bomb, to Goku and VEGETA'S Super Saiyan transformation.)
    Filipino-English

I may have missed some there or have some slightly wrong info, but I just thought I'd tell you.

As for the Malaysian dub, I have DBZ movie #5 uploaded from the... "official" (I'll be darned if they got it completely legally) Malaysian-Engish VCD (yes, I paid real money for it...): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roUKFrSD8m4

It is completely real, sadly.
    Last edited by Sceptile Master; 31st October 2012 at 9:10 AM.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Ocean Group or Ocean Productions (can't remember which) makes me cringe. I hate the VA in it.
    But for the most part, I can get over bad VA as long as the DBZ OST is still present. I rage more at those horrible music tracks that play over and over >:[
    Last edited by Master Leo; 31st October 2012 at 6:45 PM.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Everything goes on while I'm not active.

I'm excited for these games. But, I hope more cutscenes are added. I don't want to see Super Buu defeated by Gohan, then the next battle he's Super Buu (Gotenks absorbed). But, I can't complain. Ultimate Tenkaichi only had Super Buu and Buuhan.

haha, yea.

Agreed. More like Tenkaichi 2. They barely skipped anything in that games story mode. The game was so long because of it.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Everything goes on while I'm not active.

I'm excited for these games. But, I hope more cutscenes are added. I don't want to see Super Buu defeated by Gohan, then the next battle he's Super Buu (Gotenks absorbed). But, I can't complain. Ultimate Tenkaichi only had Super Buu and Buuhan.
    No, I'm just asking some fun questions to keep things moving.
    I'm so confused by this, I don't play the games HA. Question, if you could change any thing about the anime/series what would it be?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

If I could change the anime? I would make Android #17 an official Z Fighter and not make him a supporter. (>.>)

I would change gt. its ok but,. i would also get rid of Uub.
    join t-flare

http://t-flare.com/

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepichu View Post
    I would also get rid of Uub.
    @_@ How dare you...

The club is getting more active IMO. I probably jinxed us forever just by saying that...
    Last edited by Master Leo; 1st November 2012 at 5:19 PM.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

(Change Android 17 raising his hands towards the end of the series to Launch like it was originally supposed to be.)

To further eloborate on my last post, here are some more movie portions of Lord Slug, in alternate English dubs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGxP4...ure=plpp_video (Malaysian-English)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hAk6qJ5E9w&feature=plcp (Big Green)

...No one else thinks they're hilariously bad? Though to be honest, I think the Malaysian dub is funnier.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Leo View Post
    @_@ How dare you...

The club is getting more active IMO. I probably jinxed us forever just by saying that...
    We are getting more active. If this continues, more people shall join.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepichu View Post
    I would change gt. its ok but,. i would also get rid of Uub.
    GT was a mess in my opinion, it shouldn't even be counted as canon since it wasn't even made by Akira himself, just for more money.
    Yes, I didn't like Uub either. Why the heck was he added in? In GT It was mostly Goku/Pan he didn't even help in that series.

Oh yah, one thing I would have changed. Not had Goku run off with a random kid to train just cuz he thinks the guy will be really powerful one day, really? Shows Vegeta is even a better dad than him LOL. Than again, even Abridged series makes fun of this. Heck, in Z Bulma calls him a horrible friend saying he never sees them or calls its like whatXD

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Master View Post
    (Change Android 17 raising his hands towards the end of the series to Launch like it was originally supposed to be.)

To further eloborate on my last post, here are some more movie portions of Lord Slug, in alternate English dubs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGxP4...ure=plpp_video (Malaysian-English)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hAk6qJ5E9w&feature=plcp (Big Green)

...No one else thinks they're hilariously bad? Though to be honest, I think the Malaysian dub is funnier.
    I can't watch these 2 at the moment (on my 3DS) but I did watch the Cooler's Revenge dub you posted. Still not as bad as Ocean Dub lol
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Topic: Who's your favorite character(s) and why?

My favorite characters would be Android 17 and 18. When I was little, I was scared of 18, because of how mean she was to Krillin. But, after time passed, I started to love her. She was fast, powerful, and her sarcastic personality was too funny to bare. Adding to that, she's one of the most strongest female warriors in the universe, she maybe is the strongest. Now, onto 17. Most people don't like him, because he's too cocky, but I look past that. I see a teenage guy (most likely 18 years old), trying to be free. If you were changed into a cyborg, wouldn't you be the same and want to fight the strongest warrior on Earth?

Topic: Who's your favorite character(s) and why?

I think this question can be answered by looking at peoples sign up post.
    join t-flare

http://t-flare.com/

Get ready for a long list...

Broly: I can't even put into words how much I like this character. I could watch Movie 8 all day if I wanted too.

Bojack: I dont hear many people liking Bojack, but he grew on me. After watching Movie 9 a couple of times, I started to like his ruthlessness. The way he sacrificed Zangya trying to kill Gohan.

Super 17: Two Android 17's fused equals cool personified. Super 17 oozes coolness and he is the only character I really liked in GT.

Cell (All forms): The battle sense of Vegeta, the composure of Frieza, and the regeneration powers of Piccolo. What more do you need? Cell had the best saga and the best personality of any villian IMO.

Recoome: Lol, I really dont know why I like Recoome so much.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

[QUOTE=YokoKurama;15315373]Topic: Who's your favorite character(s) and why?
    I have alot of favorites so I'll go with my favorite villain.

Kid Buu: My favorite Villain in the DBZ series. He was awesome! The original buu. He looks like a kid but he's a beast! Plus, him taking on that Spririt Bomb with no problem and knocking it back at Goku was awesome. Plus, he was the only villain ever to actually destroy Earth. He was just a kid who thought of fighting as a game. Of course a game to the death. He also had humor&would toy around with his opponents alot but knew when it was enough&decided it was time to finish them off. He's always been my favorite Villain.
    YOU EITHER DIE A HERO OR YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SEE YOURSELF BECOME THE VILLAIN ~THE DARK KNIGHT

I have two all time favorite characters of mine...

1. Gohan: He went through so much, saw a lot including tons of peoples deaths and yet he puts other peoples needs before his. I love how his special power would come out whenever some one he cared about was in trouble, than of course do I need to explain Cell Gohan and Future Gohan? Come on folks. You also had to love his close friendships with Piccolo and Krillin and that little Dragon {Forget the little guys name}

2. Piccolo: Loved him in Piccolo Jr saga in Dragon Ball but I loved him even more in Z. He was Goku's first actual rival, than his son Gohan turned him good and was even willing go give up his life for him a couple of times. He could be said to be Gohan's second father and you really see how close they are even in my least favorite series GT you could still see that. He was also smart and maybe the strongest none Super Sayian on earth, other than that random add in at the end of Z.

Others included in my list

18-My favorite of the female cast. Shes got the brains and can fight, just wish she got to fight more in the series.

Videl-She knew what she was doing, had a cute relationship with Gohan and even knows how to fly unlike another mom.

Goku-In Dragon Ball and the early half of Z he was more likeable but hes still on my list dispite how things ended in the series with him.

Krillin-He can make you laugh thats for sure, would protect Gohan with all his might no matter how weak he was.

Future Trunks-Please I say.

Vegeta-You gotta admire the man at times. One time I really wanted to punch him though, when he let Cell transform and even fought his son due to his own ego blah other than that hes awesome!

Chaozu
    He's just a little awesome guy, so unloved. He could of actually been a good fighter with his Physic powers and all.
    Wish they gave him more battles. Hopes he's in the DBZ movie 2013.

Goku
    Always thought he was awesome ever since the start of Dragon ball. How can you not like him?

Vegeta
    Like his determination and his rivalry with Goku.

Gohan
    Always liked him, especailly in the battle with cell.

Others on my list

Piccolo
    Future-Trunks
    Videl
    Kami-Sami
    Bulma

Hey does anyone know a good DBZ game for PS2?
    Last edited by TherianForm; 3rd November 2012 at 11:18 AM.

Fc: 3695-0172-1881

Spoiler:- Credits:

Have you joined TherianForm?

As for your question, I would say Budokai Tenkaichi 3. It has one of the best fighting systems (IMO) and has a somewhat big story mode, although some fights are skipped. For example: In the Cell saga, it starts with you using Goku/Vegeta fighting Android 19. After that fight the story jumps to when Semi-Perfect Cell absorbed Android 18. Which skipped Android 18 vs Vegeta, Piccolo vs Imperfect Cell, Piccolo vs Android 17, Piccolo/Android 17 vs Imperfect Cell.

Overall its a game worth getting. Check out some gameplay or walkthrough videos on youtube to see if you like the graphics and whatnot.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

I really hated that. It was a great game, but I hate when the skip fights.

I really hated that. It was a great game, but I hate when the skip fights.
    I agree. I don't get how that game got so much praise. I mean sure it was a good game and all but it skipped so many fights in every saga. >>
    Another reason why I liked Tenkaichi 2 more. It showed most of the fights in the anime.
    YOU EITHER DIE A HERO OR YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SEE YOURSELF BECOME THE VILLAIN ~THE DARK KNIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh Ash View Post
    I agree. I don't get how that game got so much praise. I mean sure it was a good game and all but it skipped so many fights in every saga. >>
    Another reason why I liked Tenkaichi 2 more. It showed most of the fights in the anime.
    Oh yea, Tenkaichi 2 did show more fights. I forgot about that. If there is another Dragon Ball Z game next (which will most likely happen) I want it to have:

Ultimate Tenkaichi's graphics
    Raging Blast fighting system

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast