Thread: Rate my first team UU

Default Rate my first team UU

Ok so I'm new to competitive battling, as in I have never done it before. So I decided to make my first UU team using the knowledge I have obtained on this website and many others. Please leave suggestions!!

Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Ability: Own Tempo
    252Def , 212 hp, 44 SpA
    Nature: Bold
    Slack off
    Icebeam
    Surf
    Focus Blast

So when I started to look at Pokemon for my team, I already had a bold slowpoke that I hadn't trained yet. I thought he might be good against other High Attackers in the UU tier such as Aggron and Blaziken because of type advantage. Plus Slowbro's SpA is not bad so i believe that his Surf could easily dominate them. The only other Pokemon I would have to worry about is Absol, which is why I put Focus Blase on Slowbro for coverage. That is also the reason I have Ice Beam, for even more coverage. Its also a Plus that Slowbro is my favorite pokemon

Claydol @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Levitate
    252 Hp, 144 SpD, 112 Atk
    Nature: Sassy
    EQ
    Rapid Spin
    Stealth Rock
    Explosion

Claydol is my Rapid Spin/Steath Rocker thats I will be using to support my team. Plus I am also using him as s Special Wall of some sort. EQ is just a good STAB move and Explosion... well its just good that Claydol can go BOOM.

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
    Ability: Limber
    252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Nature: Adamant
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    Blaze Kick
    Match Punch

Ok her come the part that I'm not entirely sure about. This is my first team ever, and I haven't been playing for a long time so bare with me. Close Combat is just a great STAB move, and Stone Edge is for coverage. I Just think its awesome that Hitmonlee can learn Blaze Kick. Mach Punch is just so Hitmonlee can attack first sometime because its Adamant, not jolly, so im sure lots of pokemon that can out speed him.

Alakazam @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Synchronize
    252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Nature: Timid
    Focus Blast
    Physic
    Shadow Ball
    Grass Knot

Alakazam will be one of my Special Sweepers/ Revenge Killer? I was researching online about move sets and tried to make some of my own but this one seemed to be the best. Physic is for his STAB move and Focus Blast and Shadow Ball just to show off Alakazams great SpA. Grass Knot I chose to take care of the bulky ground and water types that he might have to go against.

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Battle Armor
    252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Nature: Jolly
    Waterfall
    Swords Dance
    Rock Slide
    Low Kick

This is my second Physical Attacker/ I just wanted to out speed most pokemon I go against with Kabutops, which is why he is Jolly, not adamant. Plus with Swords Dance set up Kabutops will be a force to be reckoned with. Water fall is a great STAB along with Rock Slide. I chose Rock Slide over Stone Edge is because I love the accuracy, plus with swords dance, Rock Slide will be just as stone a Stone Edge. Low kick is just a filler move I guess.

Moltes @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Pressure
    252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4SpD
    Nature: Modest
    Roost
    Flamethrower
    Air Slash
    U-Turn
    Finally Motres is my second Special Attacker/Scouter, because I seen alot of teams online that have scouters to look at the opponents Starters, which is the reason it has U-Turn. Air Slash and Flamethrower and goos STAB and roost is just awesome to heal Moltres I guess, so i can use him later on in the match

I know its probably not all that great but again this is my first team I ever put together. So leave suggestions on how i can improve my team. Maybe some strategy ideas or replacement pokemon? Anything will help. Thanks have a nice day
    Last edited by FlyingSlowbro; 28th July 2012 at 10:15 PM.

Considering no else has offered anything I'll mention a couple things but as a warning I'm just getting into the competitive aspect myself.

I may consider calm mind over focus blast on Slowbro. Allows you to boost sp.att and sp.d along with slack off should make him more difficult to bring down, plus focus blast has shaky accuracy.

With Claydol being your rapid spinner if your opponent tries to block your spin by using a ghost type (most are immune to ground) claydol is pretty much helpless so maybe needs something to hit them.

You might consider aqua jet over low kick on Kabutops to give a little more priority on team.

Hopefully this helps out a little.

I would suggest one of your pokemon learn safeguard, toxic and paralysing attacks are very dangerous if the opponent is skilled when using them, especially poison like toxic which could wipe out half your party when going up against a slow to kill wobbufet :\
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/33yhu3b.jpg[/IMG]
    I think it looks better than the first one... (siggie created by me)

;D My Pokemon Black Party:

I don't do competitive much but instead of Grass Knot on Alakazam try energy ball. Also use wise glasses. Both will help with the special Atk you have.