Thread: Fuzzy (one-shot)

Default Fuzzy (one-shot)

This is an odd one. (Yeah, I question myself sometimes.) This came to being during a talk with a friend of mine on Skype ages ago. I wanted my mind off something, so I asked for fuzzy things. Within minutes, it grew to this, but unfortunately I lost most of what I wanted over the months due to going back-and-forth between stories.

Though to be fair, I didn't really know what I wanted throughout it. I also had to decide which would make more sense: Mew drunk or sugar-high. So I went with the most logical conclusion and just ran with it. I don't think it's the best, though, but it's something.

So yeah, hope you enjoy! Take it how you will.

Rated: PG-13 for alcoholic and sexual references

Pairing: Mewtwo/Mew
    *~*~*~*

Spoiler:- banners:

*~*~*~*
    Fuzzy

*~*~*~*

Why must everything be so damn heavy?

Mew stared blearily at her load, trying to put together why she had berries in a basket. Worse, why was she even outside? The sun was too hot and bright out for her preferences, just thinking about it made her stomach churn. And every time her insides gurgled, she would waver in place and her vision got slightly foggy.

I should have declined the... girls' day out... should we even consider ourselves girls? We're no virgins... Anyway, why today of all days? Gah, what did I eat? What'd she call them...?

She looked at her load again, then groaned and leaned up against a tree trunk to drop it. “Screw it,” she mumbled, rubbing at her eyes. “I'll come for it later...” A bleak thought popped into her head, making her hesitate. “Wait, if I leave it here... some jerk'll come by and eat it all. Not on my watch...”

Shifting her glare about her surroundings, she carefully picked it back up, clutched it tightly to her chest, and slowly went on her way. Her house wasn't too far from where she was, she'd be able to make it in time before she could melt. (She shuddered at the image of the pink blob that she would become in a few minutes' time.) She sniffed once, and her nose wrinkled. “I need a bath... again. I think that's me.”

Then it was like a lightbulb turned on in her head. She thought of the man at home, waiting to spend quality time with his beloved. Didn't he say he had plans? What kind of plans, she wasn't exactly sure about, but she wanted to add her own ideas to the mix. Both would do what they wanted to do, and if her suspicions were correct, both ends would meet and it'd be what they both were aiming for—gee, she liked that word, “both”—and they would be two happy campers—ha, campers—in bed, warm and snuggly. She liked being snuggly. It helped if her fur got a little ruffled up in the meantime. Didn't he once mention she looked cute all fluffed up?

Mew rubbed her paws together (then flinched at how the handle made her palms raw), feeling her heart flare up in excitement. Tonight was going to be fun.

But first, she needed to ditch the basket. She'd worry about the berries later, they weren't important. Besides, she had that feeling she was allergic to them, they left her head buzzing after a few bites... swallows... drinks...?

They were bite-sized and tasted like cherries. She may have had a branch or two.

*~*~*

Mewtwo huffed as he skimmed through the various articles of the monthly magazine, pinching his brows as he squinted down at the print. “Do they have to make everything so damn small?

He would have bothered with the paper earlier that morning, but he had gotten caught up in Mew's hustling over putting together a few fresh dishes before dawn for the picnic she and some friends decided to have. When she left, he went back to bed, grumbling to himself about how his neighbors could take care of themselves when it came to midnight emergencies. If he could call “my mate kicked me out for some reason, I need a place to stay for the night” an emergency. Mewtwo didn't stay awake the whole night, though he was kept up for a “chat” until he finally knocked him out and left him in the front room. When they woke up, the door was ajar and he was gone, supposedly back at home sober with a lesson learned—as far as he knew.

They need a better hobby besides having sex every night. He rolled his eyes, wondering if he would be called a hypocrite for the thought. Then again, he and Mew made it a common occurrence at least once a week. And they do other productive activities together unlike a certain childless pair with too much time on their hands.

Returning to the present, he sneered at the boisterous headline of two well-known married (or so they said) humans having revealed they had secret affairs for over a decade. “Are humans really this fickle? They cannot stick with one mate, they have to have a polygamous amount to be satisfied? They are not the common creature—bah, why do I bother?” he scoffed, flicking the paper away from him. He ballasted himself on an arm, scowling at a dark corner of the kitchen. “God, I need a new hobby.

A hobby that does not involve pathetically stealing information under a human's nose, anyway.

There was the sudden noise of the front door smacking the wall and a string of incomprehensible exclamations, causing his heart to pound wildly as he spun around in his seat. After what sounded like something heavy was dropped onto the floor, it slowed to muttering as his mate rounded the corner, clutching her head. A smile and chuckle came to his lips. “Oh, hello, dear. You surprised me there. I did not expect you for another couple of hours.I have not even begun fixing up the house, either, he cursed himself for his distractions.

Mew lolled her neck around to pass him a dull look, almost like she wasn't recognizing him. Then there was a spark in her now half-lidded eyes as a brow tantalizingly rose, a corner of her lip curling to a smirk. She seductively swung her hips about moving to lean against the entrance, caressing a hand down along her thigh. Her tail snaked to the front to where the tip gestured for him to come forward.

He tilted his head at her with a small frown, disregarding the pose as he focused on how red her face looked. “Are you alright? You look a little ill.

She let out a choked chortle. “Ne'er been better.”

Mewtwo blinked. “Honey, your speech sounds a little slurred.

“Tha's 'cause you take my breath away.” Her crooked smile got bigger. “That, and uh... I got hot.” A bubbly giggle escaped from her throat as she drew near to him, still swaying her hips.

He couldn't help laughing as well when he took her into his arms. “I see. Well, if you help me with dinner, we can be done an hour or two earlier so we can have time to ourselves.

She grasped his face. “Dinner can wait, let's do it now.”

Their lips met before he could say another word. The kiss was hard like she was insistent he should get the taste all at once. Without hesitance, he braced her neck for a deep exploration, bringing a pleased moan from her throat. He soon broke away, licking his bottom lip. “Do I detect a hint of cherry?” he purred.

“I don't hint at nothin',” she murmured, crawling on top for another round.

Though he didn't immediately question this sudden approach, Mewtwo clawed at the table he was finding himself leaning over, groaning at the strain on the back of his neck. “Mew, I need some elbow room,” he grunted out, trying to gently pry her off.

She straddled his chest without answering and pressed herself further into him. However, she pulled back to rub at her lips, scowling at how they were sticky. The clone took advantage to roll her off so he could leap for the safety of the front room. “Mew, honey, let us talk this through,” he hurriedly started making talk, carefully backing away. “I enjoy our time together, and you are a beautiful lover, but you just got home. Why not rest for a little bit first?

Mew turned around to approach him, an aura of annoyance about her. “Why not jus' get it out of the way? I can rest later.”

Mewtwo almost stumbled over his feet. “We always take it in a slow manner. Let the romance climb to the top before we get intimate.

“Mates jump at the opportunity when it comes to them,” she continued to make her argument, however minute it was. “Besides, I wanna do somethin' different today.”

He clasped his hands with a nervous smile. “Good, good, that is a start.” With a slight shudder, he rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he asked, “What do you have in mind tonight? An idea for a date, perhaps?

“Gettin' down-right dirty.”

Mewtwo was sure his face petrified into that of being weirded out. “...but that is not how we do it.

“It is now.”

He was cornered before he knew it. His mind told him to make a break for it outside, that she would calm down within a few hours. If she was still persistent, he would calmly convince her to have a small dinner, and then use the remaining time of night for their own entertainment—it was what he wanted in the first place anyway. But as he stared wide-eyed at her, he paid more attention to her advances. Well, while it was a little too late to see the seductive movements, even though they were still there, she was gradually getting desperate and angry. A normal female would threaten a sexless night and toss the male outside if he didn't make it romantic enough. Mew was that normal female to a degree on occasion, though she usually didn't mind a lot. Right now, she was the exact opposite. Kicked outside or not, she was horny, she would get it some way or another.

Wait a moment...

Mew, are you drunk?

“Am not,” she snorted, an eye twitching. “I don' drink.”

Mewtwo scanned her over. “Well, you are having a difficulty staying afloat. And your speech is rather out-of-character for you.

“'S how I norm'lly speak.” She stifled a hiccup and shook her head. “Sorry 'bout that.”

He found himself relaxing with a sigh. So much for tonight. “Let me take you to bed,” he quietly offered.

She scowled and crossed her arms. “Only if you stay an' do the horizontal mambo.”

He did a double-take. “I do not know where you learned that from, but that is a no, not in the condition you are in.

“I am not contagious, hon, I'm in perfect order, jus' the way you like it.”

With a roll of the eyes, he reached out for her. “This is ridiculous—

“Oh ye-a-a-ah, I remember what I cornered you for. I wanted to do a little somethin' with you.” Mew gave a toothy smirk when he paused. “I have plans, too.”

Mewtwo shuddered at the stare, but decided to play along. “Well, lay it on me.

The grin widened. “I was gonna let you do your thin', but you do not seem to want to do your part. So we're gonna go ahead and skip to what I wanna do.” From thin air, she produced two items to occupy each hand. The one on her right caught his attention first, and at first he was confused. He wasn't sure why there was a scrubber until he looked over to find a fresh bar of soap.

Somehow, as his hands dropped, he sensed impending doom. “What are you going to do with those objects, dear?” he asked, starting to regret his question.

She leaned in so her face took up his vision. “I'm gonna make you so clean, I'd have to dirty you up to make you clean again.”

It didn't make a lick of sense for the first moment. He thought on it, and his face transfigured to that of realization, and then of horror. All of a sudden, he didn't trust her with them. Biting his tongue to keep from blurting out something he would regret, he pushed her away and ran out the open door fast as he could without looking back, barely avoiding a basket sitting in the middle of the room. He didn't have the slightest inkling why he chose to run outside, though he figured he could gather up his friends someplace else and wait it out (at the expense of being poked fun of, but he'll live). If not, then he would be willing to go alone for the night, as long as Mew didn't find him.

Mewtwo! You get back here and love me!” he heard her shout just when he thought he was over the hill.

Oh, wait, he just sprinted into the woods. Not the fastest route, but it would be easy to lose her. Though he wondered why it hurt to run—and he stumbled upon realizing he could have flown or teleported.

Wait a moment, why am I running from Mew?” he scoffed, hurriedly crouching behind a bush. “So she wants a bath, no harm in it... right?” He thought back to her words, and his face fell. “Unless they were for... other purposes?

“If ya like, we can experiment,” he heard a seductive hiss in his ear.

With a surprised yell, Mewtwo shoved Mew back, and jumped to his feet to fly off. He barely got through the treetops before she caught up to him, pouncing on his back with the items still in hand. “Mew, have you thought this through?!” he anxiously inquired, barely noticing his voice was starting to crack from the shock.

“Naw, I'm just feelin' sporadic today!” She let out the creepiest cackle he had ever heard as she wrapped her arms around his neck to keep from falling off.

He lost concentration at the scrubber being shoved into his face, forcing him to make a landing. Once he touched ground, he reached behind to grab her by the scruff of the neck. He missed on the first swipe, giving her the needed time to chomp on his wrist. Mewtwo hissed and yanked it back for a look, which was the distraction Mew was looking for. Swerving before his face, she shoved him, conjuring a basin of water directly beneath him to land in.

The shock of the water temperature made him flail about in his confusion, only for him to be suctioned into place. He stared up in horror at his mate levitating before him, soap and scrubber in hand. The lighting from behind her head couldn't have been more fitting with her crazy wide-eyed stare, and a toothy grin splitting across her face. He imagined her voice dripping with venom when she slowly spoke in triumph. “Let us make you more presentable, shall we?”

Mew, think about what you are doing,” he tried to plea his case, not trusting her with the cleaning appliances.

“I know damn well what I'm doin',” she spat, irises flashing. “I've done more cleanin' than you ever have, darling.”

That is not what I meant.” Mewtwo attempted to lift himself up from his uncomfortable position until she straddled before his knee. He could swear the soap glinted darkly at him.

Mew glanced down at the water with a raised brow. “Oh. You stuck, dear? Need some more room, I suppose?”

Without waiting for an answer, the basin expanded to give Mewtwo more freedom, though less water for Mew to work with. He moved to exit the bath when she shot him a warning leer. “Don' even think about it,” she snarled.

He passed off his shivering as the result of exposure to cold water. “Would you believe me if I said I... err... prefer this to be inside the vicinity of our home?

“There's not a soul around us, you're fine. What, don' want folks seein' you takin' a bath with me?” She clenched the items tightly as her face darkened. “Am I not good enough?”

No-no-no, you are perfect the way you are!” The clone gave an assuring grin, but still shrank back at the sight.

Ears flattening against her skull, she got up from her seat and darted behind him. Mewtwo glanced back only to be shoved forward in half. She dunked her full hands into the water, ruffled the soap into the brush's bristles, and then scrubbed his back with the force of sandpaper. Gripping at the wooden edges, he grounded his teeth together to prevent any cries of discomfort from escaping. Doing so, he imagined, would only make things worse. It didn't help he kept seeing images of himself walking around with a raw, red back for a week, a testament of surviving being nearly skinned by his own mate.

While the harshness of the cleansing didn't let up, he could feel Mew's aura start to calm down, though not by much. Occasionally, he heard muffled hiccups from her, and some indecipherable grumblings, but for the most part she was silent. Mewtwo would look around out of fear of being caught, and to see if there was anything nearby he could use to get him out of it. He trembled at the sudden waterfall pouring down his spine and the gurgled sounds of a bucket filling up.

Without a courtesy warning, Mew moved for his head, having abandoned the brush for now in place of her own hands. He squirmed under her touch, mentally praying the soap wouldn't get into his eyes. He even held back a retort that he could wash himself, knowing she would get rougher with him.

“Hold still!” she barked, shaking him around a little. “You're only makin' this more difficult!”

Mewtwo couldn't help feeling insulted, his weak spot allowing for a single thought to verbalize. “I am not a child, Mew, I can take care of myself.

She dumped a bucketful of water on top of him, spreading the suds into his eyes. He hurriedly splashed water into them until accidentally spraying himself with more irritating soap. “You know, I just wanna have quality time!” she shrilly scolded him, digging her claws into him as she scrubbed. “Is there suddenly a law that states I cannot give my hubby a bath?!”

There should be if you are under the influence!” he couldn't help shouting back. His muscles tensed as he held himself back from fighting back.

Her tail slapped him on the cheek. “Don' mouth off to me! Want me to wash it out, too?!”

In all honesty, honey, I believe it is you who needs to wash yours out.

“You know what, I'm sick of your attitude!” Growling in frustration, she pushed him out of the basin with enough strength to make him roll a few feet. “You filthy animal!” she huffed, sticking up her nose and turning her back on him. She lowered herself into the bath to wash herself off.

Mewtwo stood up, covered in soapy water and dirt. He glared daggers at his counterpart and contemplated on going home, but his temper got the best of him. Storming on over, he snatched the brush from her paws, ignored her protest, held her in place where she sat, and furiously scrubbed between her ears.

“Mewtwo, you're hurtin' me!” she squealed, thrashing about to get him off. “Le'ggo of me!”

With one hand, he rapidly without a pause soaked her down from the bucket thrice before moving on to her back. A primeval yell ripping its way out of her throat, Mew spun around, snatched him by the arms, and found the strength to pull him in. She barely acknowledged the water getting filthy, but got some satisfaction in it. “Serves you right, jackass!” Swiping back her brush, she used it to smack him upside the head.

Biting back an insult, he pounced to wrestle it back, then suddenly moved to the other end when the basin tipped, spilling out some of the water. He watched Mew pick herself up, eyes rolling. She hiccuped and clutched her stomach, falling on her haunches with a moan. “Oh, God, what a headache,” she murmured.

Cautiously, Mewtwo reached out to feel her forehead, though she smacked him away. “Well then, are you satisfied?” he asked smugly, folding his arms. “I was hoping this would sober you up.

“For the last time, I'm not drunk!” She shook water from her ears. “And look what you did! You ruined the bath!”

You pushed me out.

“Had you cooperated, you wouldn' have been!” She stuck out her tongue, crossing her arms tightly. “And if you had let me clean you prop'ly, we could've had fun!”

Depends on your current definition of 'fun'.

“Askin' for a fight?”

No. I am taking you home for rest.” Mewtwo tucked her under his arm, flinching when she started to kick and throw punches, and stepped out.

“Get your grabby hands off me!” she screamed. “You can't treat me like this!”

He ignored her to focus on teleporting them back to the house. Though the moment he did and the forest scenery blurred into the walls of their home, he wish he hadn't when he saw the color on Mew's face pale. He quickly laid her down and hurried into the kitchen to grab a random bowl. Placing it under her chin, he supported her up and braced himself when she coughed and appeared to gag. She pressed her shaky hands to her chest and stomach, taking labored breaths and swallowing for a few minutes. When he was certain nothing was going to come up, he steadily lowered the bowl. He noticed there was a draft, and he looked up to find the door was still wide open.

Mew lobbing her head back to gaze up at him brought his attention back to her. Mewtwo blinked when her trembling fingers skimmed along the edge of his collarbone, mussing up the wet fur and sprinkling a few stray droplets. A pinkish hue burned on her face when she giggled a little. “Fur's... cute sticking up...”

He felt a smile perk up in amusement. “Let me dry you off before I send you to bed.

“No.”

The clone glanced at the bulb of her tail when it came into his line of vision from snaking around his neck. Her hands took hold of his shoulders, slowly pulling herself up to lock lips. He sighed at the awkward mood transition, deciding whether to return the feelings or not. He could still taste the hint of cherries, which was getting him enticed, yet he hesitated. If Mew was still drunk, was this still legitimate? Then again, he remembered hearing somewhere feelings were more real in a drunken state (though he took it with a grain of salt to begin with), and they got more passionate.

Either way, he didn't want to bring it up and get her hollering again. But he had to get her in bed for a good rest. He would explain in the morning when she was more calm and normal.

Breaking the embrace, Mewtwo rubbed his thumb on her cheek to find it was still soaked. “Mmm, Mew... we need to dry off.

“I don't care.”

So you want to catch a cold, then?

“You'll warm me up fast enough.” Mew kissed at his jawline with a purr, rubbing her hands along his torso to tussle his fur. “I'll become your little puffball in no time.”

He blushed, scanning hers and his appearances. “We have dirt and grass on us, though,” he tried to stall.

“We're on the floor. We'll be gettin' dirty anyway.”

She had him there. Sighing, he leaned back to ruffle the fur on her cheeks, and had to choke back a laugh. “You look like you have the mumps.

Her eyes narrowed, unamused. “'S not sexy. I would've taken Pikachu cheeks over mumps.”

Well, you are going to wish that is all you will look like when we have our fun.” He teasingly smirked, and leaned in for a full kiss. Moaning, Mew grasped the back of his head to ensnare her fingers in his slick pelt as she lowered to the floor.

The door gently closed on its own with a quiet snap.

*~*~*

Mew didn't feel like getting out of bed when she awoke the following morning. She couldn't put her finger on why she had a splitting headache, a stomachache, and full bladder at the same time. She almost couldn't make it to the bathroom, and it ended with her retching up a little bit of what remained of her contents. A pitiful frown on her face, she crawled back into bed with a groan, reaching out for Mewtwo just to grab a handful of sheets. Without having a good reason to, she cried.

A gentle rubbing of her shoulders quieted down her sobs. She laid there for a long while, relaxing under the massaging, feeling herself settle. Glancing back, she locked onto the smile on his face that for a split second had been sad. “Thanks, hon,” she mumbled, letting out a sigh.

No need to thank me. You need the rest today.

Slowly chewing on her lip, she tried thinking back to yesterday only to flinch from another wave of pain. “My head hurts...”

It will for a while.” Mewtwo chuckled deeply. “Well, we now know you cannot hold your liquor.

“I can't wha?” She sat up too quickly, making herself too dizzy to hold herself up. “Mewtwo, I don't drink. What are you talking about?”

You came home from the picnic... with interesting results.” He rose a brow suggestively.

Mew shuddered, and ran a paw down her chest, glancing down to find tufts of her fur sticking up. Blinking quizzically, she looked back up at her mate. “What exactly happened yesterday?”

He rubbed his chin thoughtfully with a smirk. “Well... this is the reason why we do not drink and take baths.” He lightly chuckled at her puzzled look. “What I personally find more interesting is how you managed to sleep the whole night... except for a few minutes where you woke up just to stumble outside to vomit before passing out again. That was not fun cleaning you up, by the way. My guess is since you did not have dinner, what remained just did not mix with the alcohol very well like earlier. You were pretty much sleeping drunk in a nearly-empty stomach.

She had stared the whole time trying to piece it together, though she did recall having a fight in a tub of water. “I think I know what you mean, but the details are fuzzy. Care to explain some more, like in further detail?”

Ah, never mind, dear. I will just say you gave me quite a scare.” He winked and leaned in for a kiss.

Her hands shot up to cover his mouth. “I just threw up,” she brought up.

Shaking his head a little, he clasped her hands and gently locked lips. Mew let out a small sigh before relaxing in his hold to melt into the kiss. There was something different about it, she realized, feeling it was softer than normal. It wasn't unusual, not unless they had done certain activities previously. The moment they parted, she murmured, “We had sex yesterday, didn't we?”

Mewtwo felt a small blush when they locked eyes. “Yes.

She lightly chewed on her lip again. “Was there anything... different about it?”

He thought back on it, holding back a larger smile than he intended. “It is hard to tell. I think you had what they call your first orgasm, though.

Her eyes widened as she blanched. “...I did?”

Unless you were faking it, I could not tell. You were all over me.

She weakly whacked him with his pillow. “I don't fake things, Mewtwo!”

But you were unusually flirty yesterday. You might have for all I know.

“Drunk or not, I flirt because I love you!” she huffed, tightly crossing her arms. “I want a do-over.”

Laughing, Mewtwo gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and got up to exit the room. Before he closed the door, he poked his head back in. “By the way, thank you for bringing home some delicious leftovers from the picnic. Can you remember who made them?

Her brows furrowed. “Depends... what leftovers?”

I believe they are cherries, tasted like so judging by the few I had. I am planning on us having them for dessert tonight. What about you?

Her mind was still blurry about the berries, but she nodded in agreement. He smiled back in return, and left her alone. Mew pulled the covers up to her chin in worry, trying to remember where they came from. Through the aches, she distinctly recalled a moment where one of the friends had brought along two small baskets of the bunch, knowing the two of them would like them enough to “take it home to their man tonight”. She wasn't given the name of the berry, but as she looked back at it a little longer, it was possible they were cherries, but they somehow fermented and became alcoholic.

Then again... her friend had seemed rather suggestive when she handed the baskets over. Perhaps she planned the berries to be alcoholic, or she got her friends drunk for the laughs? She was strange like that. Unless they never thought she, herself, could get so easily drunk when eating the berries at the picnic that it came as a surprise, which would explain why she remembered being guided to the safer areas closest to the house. Still, would that mean the other friend consumed the kind of berries frequently, and thus managed to hold her liquor, as Mewtwo worded it, better?

Mew moaned and fell back into her pillow, trying to keep from thinking more on it. She'd rather not know, she was tired. She needed to sleep off the hangover, and then she would go get rid of the berries before she forgot—

—damn it all, Mewtwo found them. And he had some himself.

Turning her back to the door, the feline hoped he was more resilient to alcohol than she was. As curious as the thought was, she didn't really want to know what he was like drunk. If he ever tries to make a move on her for what would be the second night in a row, the chances were high she was kicking him out until the morning.

Well, if her headache wasn't killing her by then, it wouldn't hurt just to let him have his fun for a little bit.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 7th March 2013 at 7:40 PM. Reason: mistakes xD
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

When I clicked after seeing it on the review game, I expected it to be really adorable , but I didn't expect there to be some mild humour. Not sure if it was intentional or if you just went with the flow. I think the writing style on this one shot is different to the style on Forsaken because I think it's a lot more looser. As you said, you did kinda just went along with it. I still think you did a good job on it, because I think it was well written and described.

I think the dialogue really stood out on this one shot. It's quite an easy read because I felt that the emotions portrayed in the characters where credible. I liked the human like side to it. The story reminded me of a girl's night out I had with my friend once. I felt that night and this fic had a similar light party atmosphere. This part in particular struck me:

Mewtwo blinked. “Honey, your speech sounds a little slurred.”
    I can't imagine Mewtwo using the word, honey but I guess it works for this fic.

Overall I really liked this story. It did feel a bit silly, but I liked how it seemed silly because we get to see a lighter side to Mewtwo and Mew other than the serious side I'm used to. You also included a plot, that I haven't seen in pokemon x pokemon pairs, so in my book that's a bonus. I think the pace and length is just about right for this, although the ending doesn't really feel like the actual end.
    Last edited by ChloboShoka; 10th June 2012 at 7:32 PM.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

This. Is. HILARIOUS!

The beginning bit is great, I love the way you instantly personalised Mew and Mewtwo (especially Mewtwo's thoughts on the paper). I also like the way they are different from your main story Mew and Mewtwo (which must have been difficult to do, as you must have had Mew and Mewtwo's characters in your head for some time now).

I love the Naivity of Mewtwo ['Unless they were for... other purposes?'] and Mew's overall personality at the end (as we don't see much of her true personality throughout).

I agree with C.Gholy - the lighter side of Mew and Mewtwo's relationship (after the horrors of Forsaken) is very nice to read and get insight into - Maybe it hints to a happy conclusion to Forsaken :crosses fingers desperately:...

It would have been great to know who else was on the girls' day out, and this feature of a girls' day out makes Mew seem more sociable than we normally expect.

The only detectable errors are from:

Shifting her glare about her surroundings, she carefully picked it back up, clutched it tightly to her chest, and slowly went on her way. Her house wasn't too far from where she was, she'd be able to make it in time before she could melt. (She shuddered at the image of the pink blob that she would become in a few minutes' time.) She sniffed once, and her nose wrinkled. “I need a bath... again. I think that's me.”

where the full-stop before the bracket shouldn't be there in my opinion (as brackets, as this one does, carries on immediately from what is just said).

and

“It will for a while.” Mewtwo chuckled deeply. “Well, we now know you cannot hold your liquor.”

where I'm unsure whether Mewtwo chuckles what he says, in that case there should be a comma, but if not it checks out. Apart from that, there was nothing big enough for me to detect, so good on you.

I found it a bit slow paced at some times (but then again, maybe its just that I'm not a shipper), and I think that, combined with Mewtwo's panic, it could have been a bit more fast-paced with some smaller bits of dialog.

Coming back to the main point, there were so many things about this I loved, from Mew's slurried and confused speech to her reaction the morning after. The cliffhanger was especially good and made me chuckle. Another great thing was the way you made Mew and Mewtwo's relationship so like one of those old 90s television hujsband and wife relationship (Mewtwo reading a newspaper and both of them off doing their own thing, and I also got a sort of 'Hunny, I'm home' vibe when Mew entered, though I suppose there was no real reason for this). I also liked Mew's 'Am I not good enough' and Mewtwo's response to that.

So, in short, I love this one-shot immensly and would love it if you made up a series of 'Life at home with Mew and Mewtwo' just like this because of how natural you make the characters look and the idea you had for this (I think drunk Mew was the right idea - sugar-high would have not fitted for this scenario (but maybe if Mewtwo had to catch her to calm her down or something)). Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Random question, but I'm guessing the berries were grapes or something? I mean, they fit the whole cherry thing, or maybe its some other berry I just can't think of. Sorry for not getting the inference.
    Last edited by Scaldaver; 10th June 2012 at 7:44 PM.
    Every story has an ending. Nothing lasts forever. Not any more.
    Read My Epic Fanfic -

Spoiler:- Thanks to DeadlyBraviary!:

x33 I really enjoyed this! Quite an amusing turn of events, and I really liked how the two managed each other: Mewtwo's response to her abject violence helps to remind the reader that as legendaries that bandying of this sort of power is not unusual. The extents of Mew's violence were quite amusing, though, in contrast with her normal representation of herself, although I haven't read enough of Forsaken to be able to grasp enough of your normal characterisation of her.

The relative calm with which Mewtwo responded to her drunken violence did throw me off a bit though, saying that; I know he was getting angry but he still seemed a little bit too calm, despite what she'd inflicted upon him. Her unbridled violence - even though she was drunk, I would've thought he'd have reacted a little less affectionately towards her following it - more angry with her, despite his toleration and control of his temper. I'm personally of the belief that no matter how much you love someone, if they came back drunk out of their minds and started being violent (let's take the gender of each party out of the question, because it wouldn't change the reaction) - you'd still be pissed at them while tolerating them.

Swiping back her brush, she used it to smack him upside the head.

Biting back an insult, he pounced to wrestle it back, then suddenly moved to the other end when the basin tipped, spilling out some of the water. He watched Mew pick herself up, eyes rolling. She hiccuped and clutched her stomach, falling on her haunches with a moan. “Oh, God, what a headache,” she murmured.

Cautiously, Mewtwo reached out to feel her forehead, though she smacked him away. “Well then, are you satisfied?” he asked smugly, folding his arms. “I was hoping this would sober you up.”
    Following on from his smugness here, he does just seem a little too affectionate for the rest of it, rather than exasperated (if this level of violence wasn't uncommon amongst legendaries)/angry. I'm not saying he wouldn't still care about her/make allowances/be later won back over, but the entire situation would leave me personally pissed. xD

But aside from that, it was really good~! x333

Didn't notice any grammatical/spelling/etcetera mistakes- I don't have the best eye for it, however, when I'm reading something I enjoy. x3 The ending left a tantalising little hint for more, and the passion was introduced well. x3 <3

Floating over your rocky spine
    The glaciers made you and now you're mine

Pair: duncan | Lyrics: Great Lake Swimmers

D'awww, I come home from church to find this :'). That made me fuzzy. *rimshot*

Quote Originally Posted by C.Gholy View Post
    When I clicked after seeing it on the review game, I expected it to be really adorable , but I didn't expect there to be some mild humour. Not sure if it was intentional or if you just went with the flow. I think the writing style on this one shot is different to the style on Forsaken because I think it's a lot more looser. As you said, you did kinda just went along with it. I still think you did a good job on it, because I think it was well written and described.
    Yup, it was intentional. You all needed a little break from the doom and gloom of Forsaken, so that was one reason why I started the one-shot months ago. Of course, it took me forever to finish...

I think the dialogue really stood out on this one shot. It's quite an easy read because I felt that the emotions portrayed in the characters where credible. I liked the human like side to it. The story reminded me of a girl's night out I had with my friend once. I felt that night and this fic had a similar light party atmosphere.
    Ahh, I figured the dialogue did. I found it difficult in some parts to make it flow, though, but as long as the reading was easy, then it works for me.

I must have somehow tapped into your miiiiiind. *ominous music* XD I seriously made this all up, no experiences or anything. The only thing I did was look up how alcohol/wine was made.

Overall I really liked this story. It did feel a bit silly, but I liked how it seemed silly because we get to see a lighter side to Mewtwo and Mew other than the serious side I'm used to. You also included a plot, that I haven't seen in pokemon x pokemon pairs, so in my book that's a bonus. I think the pace and length is just about right for this, although the ending doesn't really feel like the actual end.
    I happy it worked out. I did always have that feeling the ending wasn't quite like "the end", but I didn't know what else to put. I actually had to write out the ending the moment I thought it up or else I would've forgotten it. And of course, that was the wisest choice on my part since I didn't return to the story until last night.

Thanks for the review ^^. *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Scaldaver View Post
    The beginning bit is great, I love the way you instantly personalised Mew and Mewtwo (especially Mewtwo's thoughts on the paper). I also like the way they are different from your main story Mew and Mewtwo (which must have been difficult to do, as you must have had Mew and Mewtwo's characters in your head for some time now).
    Yeah, this is pretty much Mew as how she is normally. (Kinda went soft on Mewtwo, though... doesn't exactly feel like him, but meh.) But yeah, I can see the differences. It's kinda odd the more I think about it.

I agree with C.Gholy - the lighter side of Mew and Mewtwo's relationship (after the horrors of Forsaken) is very nice to read and get insight into - Maybe it hints to a happy conclusion to Forsaken :crosses fingers desperately:...

Naw, you'll just have to wait and see.

It would have been great to know who else was on the girls' day out, and this feature of a girls' day out makes Mew seem more sociable than we normally expect.
    I thought of what Pokémon to mention in passing, but I couldn't think of any. So it's up to your imagination X3.

“It will for a while.” Mewtwo chuckled deeply. “Well, we now know you cannot hold your liquor.”

where I'm unsure whether Mewtwo chuckles what he says, in that case there should be a comma, but if not it checks out. Apart from that, there was nothing big enough for me to detect, so good on you.
    I don't think it really mattered either way, honestly. But yeah xD.

I found it a bit slow paced at some times (but then again, maybe its just that I'm not a shipper), and I think that, combined with Mewtwo's panic, it could have been a bit more fast-paced with some smaller bits of dialog.
    True. There was actually supposed to be more in the chase and bath scenes, bu-u-ut I lost it over time, not that I knew how to write it out in the first place.

Another great thing was the way you made Mew and Mewtwo's relationship so like one of those old 90s television hujsband and wife relationship (Mewtwo reading a newspaper and both of them off doing their own thing, and I also got a sort of 'Hunny, I'm home' vibe when Mew entered, though I suppose there was no real reason for this).
    (Sure you're not thinking of '50s?) XDD So THAT was the vibe I got. I did not watch a lot of '90s reality TV shows (being a kid I preferred cartoons), but I guess I caught enough that snuck in somehow. Interesting XD.

So, in short, I love this one-shot immensly and would love it if you made up a series of 'Life at home with Mew and Mewtwo' just like this because of how natural you make the characters look and the idea you had for this (I think drunk Mew was the right idea - sugar-high would have not fitted for this scenario (but maybe if Mewtwo had to catch her to calm her down or something)). Keep up the good work!
    Lol, well, we'll have to see if I come up with anything else in the future. The chance is pretty high, now that I think about it.

EDIT: Random question, but I'm guessing the berries were grapes or something? I mean, they fit the whole cherry thing, or maybe its some other berry I just can't think of. Sorry for not getting the inference.
    They were cherries. I had to do a little research on that, and though I didn't specifically run into anything that said cherries ferment, there is cherry-flavored wine, and from what I understand, wine is all-natural. So that was close enough for me xD.

Thanks, Scaldaver ^^! *thinks* Ah, heck, I'll hug ya anyway. *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by katiekitten View Post
    x33 I really enjoyed this! Quite an amusing turn of events, and I really liked how the two managed each other: Mewtwo's response to her abject violence helps to remind the reader that as legendaries that bandying of this sort of power is not unusual. The extents of Mew's violence were quite amusing, though, in contrast with her normal representation of herself, although I haven't read enough of Forsaken to be able to grasp enough of your normal characterisation of her.
    I had to do this all from imagination xD. The characterization, as the others pointed out, is different from Forsaken. I didn't really think too much on Mew being violent, which I guess is a little unfortunate implications on my part. (I have never been around a drunk person before, but I had to make-do with all the stories I've heard from other people, and violent behavior was of the minority.)

The relative calm with which Mewtwo responded to her drunken violence did throw me off a bit though, saying that; I know he was getting angry but he still seemed a little bit too calm, despite what she'd inflicted upon him. Her unbridled violence - even though she was drunk, I would've thought he'd have reacted a little less affectionately towards her following it - more angry with her, despite his toleration and control of his temper. I'm personally of the belief that no matter how much you love someone, if they came back drunk out of their minds and started being violent (let's take the gender of each party out of the question, because it wouldn't change the reaction) - you'd still be pissed at them while tolerating them.
    I see. Again, I knew nothing of what it was like to be drunk, and hadn't experienced a loved one coming home drunk, so I let my imagination run wild. I figured Mewtwo wouldn't really verbally lash out at her, though I kinda wanted to do that with the bathing scene, it just didn't turn out that way. I guess what I was thinking of was he didn't want to do anything to her that would make matters worse, or anything similar. *shrugs*

Following on from his smugness here, he does just seem a little too affectionate for the rest of it, rather than exasperated (if this level of violence wasn't uncommon amongst legendaries)/angry. I'm not saying he wouldn't still care about her/make allowances/be later won back over, but the entire situation would leave me personally pissed. xD
    I didn't know how to exactly show he was getting frustrated without it seeming like he was going into a rage. I struggled with that part a good hour when laying it all out.

Didn't notice any grammatical/spelling/etcetera mistakes- I don't have the best eye for it, however, when I'm reading something I enjoy. x3 The ending left a tantalising little hint for more, and the passion was introduced well. x3 <3
    Awwww, now you guys are making me feel bad ^///^;. I knew I should've shown Mewtwo getting drunk later when it came to my head last night, but I felt the ending was fine. Ah well, the imagination is a powerful thing. You can all fill in the blank yourselves, we'll all become closet-pervs together ;P.

XD Thanks, katie. *hugs*
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

So, I clicked this for the Review Game, like apparently several others, expecting some adorable almost shippy fic between the two.

Boy, was I wrong.

Right out from the opening, it grabbed me and made me wonder. Mew was apparently dying of heat and forced to carry around a basket. It doesn't really explain what's going on, which is why I like it so much. All you know is that Mew seems very sick, almost intoxicated (I suppose my guess would later be proven correct). Soon after, it cuts to Mewtwo, who, although seeming slightly almost pessimistic and disinterested, this is where the story really kicks in.

Personally, I loved the drunken bath part. Just the way Mew seemed so begruddled and so sure of what she was doing, while Mewtwo was sure of the exact opposite. I don't know, something about the mental picture of a giant, muscular purple cat being beaten and forcibly washed by an adorable drunk kitten made me adore this little part.

The dialogue.... I'd say, personally, that you captured the feel of the moment very well. Just the way you portrayed the drunken, slurred speech of Mew's and Mewtwo's frantic, protesting outlook... It all just seemed to flow very well. The interactions seemed very, just, natural, like they've known each other for a long time, which you made clear they have, which only heightened the experience.

Mew and Mewtwo as characters alone made them very likable. Made you want to see what happened next. Between Mew's drunken absent-mindedness and Mewtwo's futile attempts to bring her back, they seemed very fleshed out and detailed. You just made them come alive for me, made me feel as though I was reading about real characters and their real interactions, just made it come off the monitor. I have to give you props for this; I will gladly admit that they were great.

As for the relationship showcased within it (not sure what the shipping name is), I feel as though it was also another really well done piece. You made it seem believable, and I adored it. What really struck me is the way that you showed Mewtwo's profound tolerance and love of Mew. Even though she was drunk and wanted to practically scrub his flesh off, he still put up with it and attempted to get through to her. It was just remarkable, the way you showed off exemplary love like this. Definitely not something I've experienced too much, and it was a fresh thing to see.

Your writing was impeccable. Just the way it described what needed to be flawlessly... It was like butter on toast. Toast alone is great, but butter gives it that silky, refined feeling of just how everything flows together. Your toast alone was great, but then your writing just made it that much better. YOu used words I'd never imagined in that place. Props once more.

So, yeah. Review Try #2. Hope it helps~
    Last edited by Zibdas; 2nd July 2012 at 5:47 PM.

*waves* I'm hear from the review game and I'm game to leave a review!

When I clicked on this to leave a review, I was honestly uncertain how much of a useable response I could give you. Since, while I haven't read your work before, your following speaks for itself and I know from your posts that you know your craft well. And this certainly confirmed that. The writing flows, it creates poignant images, and you have a great sense of timing. It is, no doubt about it, a stylish read.

The pink blob image from the very beginning made me laugh. But I feel like there's a Ditto joke to be made in there that I just can't quite grasp.

You definitely get the bleary, drunk attitude down well. Though, for a first time reader of your work, it felt like kind of a shame to me that I had no connection with Mew's personality pre-intoxication until the very end, by which point it was rather too late. This probably isn't a problem for people who have read your works involving Mew in other contexts, but for me, when Mewtwo said she was behaving out-of-character, I had to scratch my head and wonder what her regular character was.

I like Mewtwo’s attitude in reading the magazine. Very clearly and subtly expressed and adds a lot of character. It gives a good set-up for me before everything goes haywire.

Mew’s attempts to be seductive made me snarkle. There’s nothing more appealing than slurred pick up lines :P

The sexytime stuff honestly doesn’t appeal to me. Whenever I read descriptions of making out and whatnot it always sounds too blatant to me and when I hear talk of “exploration” and “moaning” and “licking” it tends to make me cringe and withdraw more than anything. But I am a strange human and that’s not your fault.

*eyebrow raise* I might question someone seriously calling someone a “beautiful lover” in normal conversation but… my small impression of Mewtwo so far has me believing that he actually would.

I like Mewtwo’s sort of trapped-coyote attitude in the face of Mew’s umm… urges. Something tells me that a cold shower isn’t going to do the trick here.

I sort of adore Mewtwo in this—the sort of refined, buttoned-down attitude he has is the perfect counterbalance to Mew’s antics.

“Mewtwo! You get back here and love me!” <- I love this line.

He could swear the soap glinted darkly at him. <– and this one. Perfect comedic timing there.

...And the title drop just makes everything fall into place. Kudos for the misleading title! I thought stuffed animals were going to be involved.

All in all, I think you did a good job with this concept. Sometimes chemically-altered pieces tend to strike me as rather... unfair when it comes to shipping fics, but this one has a lot of character in it and just works. It has the perfect balance of discomfort and humor to it too that keeps tension taut but also manages to stay light. Good job with this one!

Sent my thanks to Zibdas some time ago, so gonna thank Skiyomi (and perhaps clear up a point or two)...

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post
    *waves* I'm hear from the review game and I'm game to leave a review!
    Le gasp! Skiyomi, you... you used the wrong word!

But I see what you did there.

When I clicked on this to leave a review, I was honestly uncertain how much of a useable response I could give you. Since, while I haven't read your work before, your following speaks for itself and I know from your posts that you know your craft well. And this certainly confirmed that. The writing flows, it creates poignant images, and you have a great sense of timing. It is, no doubt about it, a stylish read.
    ^_^ Thanks. I can see the same from your own posts, especially what your tone of voice is and how you write (even after having read a couple of your stories).

The pink blob image from the very beginning made me laugh. But I feel like there's a Ditto joke to be made in there that I just can't quite grasp.
    I had that thought, too XD.

You definitely get the bleary, drunk attitude down well. Though, for a first time reader of your work, it felt like kind of a shame to me that I had no connection with Mew's personality pre-intoxication until the very end, by which point it was rather too late. This probably isn't a problem for people who have read your works involving Mew in other contexts, but for me, when Mewtwo said she was behaving out-of-character, I had to scratch my head and wonder what her regular character was.
    I'm still surprised about having gotten the drunkenness down xD. I swear it was all from imagination.

Ah, I see. Honestly, you didn't have to have been a long-time reader or read one other piece of work. I haven't really written a lot of stories with these two characters together (surprisingly), and each time, the personalities were different. This story is way different in personality to my main project. But I can see where you're coming from, and it's this type of comment and more that make me wish I did add more to it than I did. Like I should've actually shown Mew having a picnic with her friends in the beginning, or shown Mewtwo getting drunk at the end. But... while it's too late for this story, I can keep this in mind for future stories.

I like Mewtwo’s attitude in reading the magazine. Very clearly and subtly expressed and adds a lot of character. It gives a good set-up for me before everything goes haywire.
    xD I was iffy about that, actually. I still don't know why he would have a (human) magazine when he and Mew pretty much live out in a forest.

Mew’s attempts to be seductive made me snarkle. There’s nothing more appealing than slurred pick up lines :P
    I had way too much fun with that XD.

The sexytime stuff honestly doesn’t appeal to me. Whenever I read descriptions of making out and whatnot it always sounds too blatant to me and when I hear talk of “exploration” and “moaning” and “licking” it tends to make me cringe and withdraw more than anything. But I am a strange human and that’s not your fault.
    XDD You are strange, and you mod the Shipping section, too. But to each their own. If I made you step outside of your comfort zone a little bit, success! it was probably unintentional.

*eyebrow raise* I might question someone seriously calling someone a “beautiful lover” in normal conversation but… my small impression of Mewtwo so far has me believing that he actually would.
    I'm still questioning myself about that particular placement, though xP. I seriously have no idea what goes through my head at times. And since I hadn't touched the one-shot for months prior to its finish, I don't know why I did that anymore.

“Mewtwo! You get back here and love me!” <- I love this line.
    Same here XD. I think it's the best line in the whole story.

...And the title drop just makes everything fall into place. Kudos for the misleading title! I thought stuffed animals were going to be involved.
    I could not for the life of me think of a good title. The word "fuzzy" kept coming back to me, and I didn't want it, but I needed something to fill in for the title. I never did find the right word.

But hooray for deception!

Thanks a lot, Skiyomi. *huggles* I'm gonna try and be extra careful with future one-shots, since I hate leaving readers confused.
    I survived Pupa.

Le gasp! Skiyomi, you... you used the wrong word!
    Ah, no. That was a surreal existential statement, you see. I am hear. That is, I am embodying the very essence of listening.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'm still surprised about having gotten the drunkenness down xD. I swear it was all from imagination.
    I suppose you should consider the source, since I am a non-drinker. But I think you pulled it off well.

XDD You are strange, and you mod the Shipping section, too.
    Nobody's more surprised by that then me. I am the most unromantic romantic I know.

Thanks a lot, Skiyomi. *huggles* I'm gonna try and be extra careful with future one-shots, since I hate leaving readers confused.
    Oh, you're quite welcome. And don't worry--I wasn't actually confused, I just felt like seeing sober!Mew earlier on would've created a greater sense of contrast. It still makes plenty o' sense.

Okay. I promised I'd read and review this story, and so I shall. Time for the review:

The title drew my attention from the start, and even though I had an idea of where it was headed (even though I will probably never know how I knew that), the story itself still managed to surprise me with the direction it took.

Wow. That must've been one hell of a girl's night out. I just wonder if they're anything like a guy's night out...

I particularly love the way you're showing Mew's thoughts in the beginning paragraph. It's not just the thoughts that are slurred and distorted; it's also the way she's processing them. She literally has no control over what she's thinking and no idea if she's putting her thoughts into words or actions, which is a pretty damn realistic portrayal of being completely hungover.

Two branches of berries...I have a sneaking suspicion that they aren't cherries, though. They're most likely fermented grapes, and if a creature as small as Mew has had two whole branches...well, that can't bode well for whomever has the misfortune to greet her when she gets back.

Quite frankly, I'm a bit surprised that she hasn't passed out at this point. I'd say that she was in the sun for quite some time with possibly nothing to drink - which isn't even mentioning how many fermented berries she's had. Altogether, that is a prime recipe for disaster.

Ah, Mewtwo. Are you really so desperate to learn about human nature that you'd scrounge through tabloids? I don't think of him as that type of character.

This quote is a gem, though:

If he could call “my mate kicked me out for some reason, I need a place to stay for the night” an emergency. Mewtwo didn't stay awake the whole night, though he was kept up for a “chat” until he finally knocked him out and left him in the front room. When they woke up, the door was ajar and he was gone, supposedly back at home sober with a lesson learned—as far as he knew.

They need a better hobby besides having sex every night.
    I think I know who he's talking about. -coughDeoxyscough-

You know, Mewtwo seems a bit oblivious. You'd think that the guy would've recognized that his mate was drunk...

Wait, where did Mew even learn how to put suggestive hints into a bar of soap and a scrubber? ...On second thought, I don't think I want to know. Anyway-

She probably spends a lot of time with Deoxys and his mate, if you know what I-

-deathglares at the random part of my mind that is thinking something completely different than the sane part of my mind- About 3/4ths of that statement is inaccurate. It's fiction.

Anyway, I don't blame Mewtwo at all for running. Whatever Mew's going to do to him can't be good.

Well, you would know.

-furiously deathglares at myself-

Anyway, as I was saying, I don't blame him one bit for running. I'd run like hell myself. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter since Mew apparently can teleport to his exact location while intoxicated. That is some serious psychic power right there.

“Is there suddenly a law that states I cannot give my hubby a bath?!”

“There should be if you are under the influence!” he couldn't help shouting back.
    Oh, great. Now bathing under the influence is considered illegal? Thanks a lot, Mewtwo. Way to spoil everyone's fun.

Um...they're having sex while Mew's drunk? Judging by Mewtwo's personality in Forsaken, it doesn't seem to fit him; in my opinion, that's a clear violation of his morals...

Hmm...I wonder who the aforementioned friend was. I have to congratulate her; that has to be one of the greatest pranks that has ever been pulled...but a drunk Mewtwo would be beyond scary, though, so I might have to hold on the accolades for now.

Anyway, this was an awesome oneshot. I love the easy-going, fun-loving attitude in this fic; it formed an amazing contrast to the world of Forsaken. You do light and funny just as well as you do dark and scary, which is pretty rare to see in a writer. Mass kudos to you.

Sincerely,

Mem.
    CURRENT STORY

A Time for Everything - Kalos has lived peacefully for far too long, following the ideals of the corrupt. It's time to change that... An AU of X/Y.

Yaaaaay, my foot threats worked! Awww, you always know what to say, Mem ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentMemento View Post
    The title drew my attention from the start, and even though I had an idea of where it was headed (even though I will probably never know how I knew that), the story itself still managed to surprise me with the direction it took.
    XD Well, I wanted a title to hint at what was going to happen, but like I said before, I couldn't think of anything, and "Fuzzy" was just supposed to be a fill-in. But hey, deceptive titles are fun.

Wow. That must've been one hell of a girl's night out. I just wonder if they're anything like a guy's night out...
    Girl's day out. And it was just a picnic XD.

When I imagine a guy's night out, I just imagine them standing in a group with a can of beer (or whatever they'd drink) and making random talk. Like on King of the Hill.

Yup.

I particularly love the way you're showing Mew's thoughts in the beginning paragraph. It's not just the thoughts that are slurred and distorted; it's also the way she's processing them. She literally has no control over what she's thinking and no idea if she's putting her thoughts into words or actions, which is a pretty damn realistic portrayal of being completely hungover.
    I'm still amazed at that after all this time. *mind implodes*

Two branches of berries...I have a sneaking suspicion that they aren't cherries, though. They're most likely fermented grapes, and if a creature as small as Mew has had two whole branches...well, that can't bode well for whomever has the misfortune to greet her when she gets back.

Quite frankly, I'm a bit surprised that she hasn't passed out at this point. I'd say that she was in the sun for quite some time with possibly nothing to drink - which isn't even mentioning how many fermented berries she's had. Altogether, that is a prime recipe for disaster.
    Well, if wine is supposed to be all natural, and there's cherry-flavored wine, I'm sure fairly certain cherries ferment (I believe all fruit can ferment). That was the only research I had to do while writing the one-shot.

A-A-And I hadn't thought of that, sorta XD. Herpy-derp. *hand waves as her being a Psychic Legendary*

Ah, Mewtwo. Are you really so desperate to learn about human nature that you'd scrounge through tabloids? I don't think of him as that type of character.
    He needs a new hobby is all.

I think I know who he's talking about. -coughDeoxyscough-
    I have a Swampert in mind for that part (I just hadn't mentioned it). This is a whole different universe from Forsaken, but you're free to imagine what you want XD.

You know, Mewtwo seems a bit oblivious. You'd think that the guy would've recognized that his mate was drunk...
    He might not've seen a drunk person before. *shrugs*

Wait, where did Mew even learn how to put suggestive hints into a bar of soap and a scrubber? ...On second thought, I don't think I want to know.
    Uhh... xD suggestive hints?

Anyway, I don't blame Mewtwo at all for running. Whatever Mew's going to do to him can't be good.

Well, you would know.

-furiously deathglares at myself-

Anyway, as I was saying, I don't blame him one bit for running. I'd run like hell myself. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter since Mew apparently can teleport to his exact location while intoxicated. That is some serious psychic power right there.
    xD Was it ever mentioned she could teleport? I just imagine she followed after him. But sure, that's funny in itself, lol.

Oh, great. Now bathing under the influence is considered illegal? Thanks a lot, Mewtwo. Way to spoil everyone's fun.
    Pfft, anything should be illegal if you're ever under the influence XD.

Um...they're having sex while Mew's drunk? Judging by Mewtwo's personality in Forsaken, it doesn't seem to fit him; in my opinion, that's a clear violation of his morals...
    (Well from what I hear, loads of people get it on while one or both are drunk.) Again, this is a different universe. And Mew came on to him and wasn't as violent. So... xD

Hmm...I wonder who the aforementioned friend was. I have to congratulate her; that has to be one of the greatest pranks that has ever been pulled...but a drunk Mewtwo would be beyond scary, though, so I might have to hold on the accolades for now.
    Lol, it wasn't a prank (the friend's not that mean). Her friend deliberately brought fermented berries (she never told them what they were, they were just "taking them home to the man"). You just never know how well you hold your liquor until you try.

And yeah, I'm sure a drunk Mewtwo is scary, albeit hilarious.

Well, thankies for the review, Mem ^^. *hugs* I'll pay it back some as possible.
    I survived Pupa.

I think your fanfictions have power over me...cos I love all I've read so far

Okay, so the title "Fuzzy", as well as the summary on Fanfiction.Net had me very confused on the story plot. Then I decided to read it. Okay, so Mew gets drunk on cherries, and thus tries to seduce Mewtwo to have a bath with her. Mewtwo isn't cooperative, thus Mew force-bathes him in a rough manner unexpected from her. Then, some kinky stuff happens between the chapter break, and poor Mew has a headache and Mewtwo is bland in his explanations. Mew figures it out, sort of, and Mewtwo recovers and plans to eat the very same cherries that started the whole thing. Holy frell, this will not end well XD. I only spotted one error, and you did that whole use-he-or-she-too-much-and-forget-to-add-who-he-or-she-is thing. So watch out for those, okay?

But overall, fabulous, darlin', can't wait for more one-shots and Chapter Twenty of Forsaken!

Spoiler:- Some Things: