Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's so special about Ash's Pikachu?

Not much is special about Pikachu at all. He is very well trained and powerful, which is not uncommon in other pokemon. He is also cute, which is not uncommon in other pokemon.

The only thing that sets him aside from other pokemon is that his bond with his trainer is extraordinary strong. However, that is not enough to make him overly "special". Just a good pokemon/companion.
    3DS Friend Code: 2750-1183-1943

There were some moments when I thought that Pikachu had swallowed a Light Ball when he was a mere little Pichu and as such he became a bit overpowered compared to other members of his species... but this isn't the case. I think about him as a glass-cannon: he can launch powerful attacks, but if he receives too many hits he falls. Or I have another theory: the stronger the enemy is, the more powerful he becomes. It's like... he adjusting his power level to be more equal to his foe. That's maybe the reason why he won against Latios and lost against Snivy.

...nah. Pikachu is simply Pikachu. What makes him special is this combo: power and cuteness, all in one package.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

He's Ash's first pokemon and probably the most popularly known pokemon of all time. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPiPi View Post
    Does anyone see anything really special about Ash' s Pikachu?
    Not really. It's just a particularly powerful Pikachu.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

To me, it's just the one pokemon that Ash loves - nothing particularly special about it. I believe that the Anime focuses too much on pikachu, and I would LOVE to see a season without Pikachu. Make Team Rocket go after some other pokemon for a change, I say.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

you peeps claiming team rocket are just idiots.. not true.. they were pretty reliable and got their work done until they met ash and his pikachu... so it has to be pikachu. Noone has ever put a halt to theuir plans as much to make it seem worthy enoguh that they follow him round for 15 years :P I've always thoguht it had something to do, to that lightning bolt at the end of the first episode.... eehh or he's just a powrful pikachu with an amazing trainer with a strong bond that makes it strong.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

His Pikachu is obviously in the top 2% of Pikachu like Joey's Ratatta.

Silly TC.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

He's the main character, that's why he gets all the best perks. You CAN'T compete with the main character.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

its special bcuz its cute :3

W2: 5072-1789-3761 | W: 1807-9100-3523 | IGN: Draco | My Clan: The Hoenn Triangle

Spoiler:- THT:

It probably has pokerus
    Everything seems normal, with Joe and Adam venturing on their quest through Kanto, but what is the mysterious Team Storm planning?

Pokemon: Kanto Legends

Come on the Mighty Infernape!

Ash' Pikachu is a superchu who if it had fly/surf it would kick but more butt also it has beaten so many pokemon, seen rare pokemon, and also has been on many once in a lifetime journeys so basically that is why pikachu is so special

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Of course Ash's Pikachu is "special", why else would the Team Rocket trio stalk it every single episode, even now when they've become serious, they want his Pikachu. We may not no why but they have a reason. Ash's Pikachu is special!

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

or maybe pikachu was already a lvl higher then the starters . but then again he did get beat by a lvl 5 -_-

Pikachu is powerful alright but it relies on electric types attacks which it apparently could not use on Snivy if I remember right.Then again it should definitely be able to beat Snivy. I think that the writers have a habit of putting Pikachu in situations that they had planned a lost even if it makes no sense at all.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Ash's Pikachu is special since it can hurt Ground-types with its Electric-type attacks. Plus, its king of the Pikachus in that forest area back in Kanto.

It's the only pikachu that can both OHKO regice and lose to a snivy.

Wow, Ash's Pikachu is very very very special. Why? This is my reason.
        Spoiler:

I recommend that you watch that episode.
    Last edited by Sushi; 7th October 2012 at 6:10 PM.

The only pikachu that ever went fat
    and was weaker than an untrained grass type starter
    I create all of the banners I use.

When Team Rocket first appeared, they battled Pikachu. Meowth tried to battle him, but lost. Pikachu is a mouse; Meowth is a cat. To save face, Meowth told Team Rocket that Pikachu is unusually strong. Jesse and James went along with it, because Meowth was their boss.
    Last edited by pacman000; 8th October 2012 at 5:53 PM. Reason: Clarification
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

He's special because he's the main star of the show. Period.

But well, it's a Pikachu that can beat legendaries like Registeel and almost lose against weak stuff like Tynamo (that was a "technical" loss, he was humiliated).

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W48 L20

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It's the only pikachu that can both OHKO regice and lose to a snivy.
    That's so true
    But he was weakened, his eletric power has gone !
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Ash's Pikachu is really special. I remember that way back in season 1 there is an episode, called Goodbye Pikachu. In the episode, there is a whole bunch of Pikachu. But, I was able to identify exactly which one was Ash's. When I see pictures of Pikachu online, my senses tell me which Pikachu is Ash's and which one is not.

Ash's Pikachu is special because he is the only Pokemon in every single episode from season 1 to now.

Ash's Pikachu is different than all other pokemon in the entire Goldfish Bowl. Pikachu is wildly popular with people in general, and has caused people to think that the particular species of Pokemon, Pikachu, is actually good! ChaCha on!
    http://www.xtmmo.com

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast