Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's so special about Ash's Pikachu?

It's the only Pikachu with a power level of over 9000.

well if you notice at the start of each new generation pikachu always discharges all its electricity. I think thats how it resets its own power level.

Ooh this is just a rumour but Red might be Ash's older brother, you can see the resemblance between the both of them. Anyways, as Red started his adventures beating team rocket and going up Mt. Silver. Technically Ash looked up to Red, and wanted to be the very best trainer. Red knew Ash was turning 10 so knowing Ash was going to be late, he sent his OVERPOWERED Pikachu to Professor Oak. And so on if you seen the anime, this may be the reason for Pikachu disliking Ash at the start of the anime.

Credits Avenger Angel for banner

Ash's Pikachu is special because it can put aura power into its electric attacks which inflicts damage to any type of Pokemon.

He's the only Electric type able to hit ground types back in the OS.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Ash's Pikachu? Heck, does it even have a light ball?

I guess being able to hit ground types with electric type attacks is pretty special and it's fairly strong. But really, if team rocket tried to steal other pokemon and not follow ash just to get ptkachu then they'd have more luck. Really, pikachu is just an above average pikachu with nothing else outstanding about it. Although it does do very good impressions!
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

There is absolutely nothing special at all about ash's/Satoshi's Pikachu, o__o why would you consider the Gym Battle against Brock Onix and Ash Pikachu a win or even a battle e.e the whole thing was a fluke, If I were Brock I would of asked for a re match since using the sprinklers against onix was a cheap and dirty trick and by no means a fair battle.

e.e how is it that Onix being a rock type even with the sprinkles soaking Onix wet make any damage to Onix its a darn Rock type...Point is Ash's Pikachu and sometimes e.e not all the time ash pulls unfair and dirty tricks such as what happened with Onix, even Raichu and Magmar almost killed it.

another Fluke of a battle e.e Pikachu vs Rhydon.

Not to mention lol Team Rocket were the weakest Trainers ever.

Edit:

@Affection Ash(ash was second) was based after Trainer Red(Red was first) so in no way are the two related, Ash Pikachu and Red's Pikachu are totally different Pokemons. Same goes for Gary which was based also after Green from the Pokemon Red and Blue Gameboy Games.
    Last edited by Tamer Hamlet; 10th November 2012 at 7:29 AM.
    Pokemon Black 2 Team:

(Jormungandr)(Skoll)(Niohoggr)(Sleipnir)(Hel)(Fimbulvetr)

Pikachu's hacked. Duuh

The bond between Ash and Pikachu.
    Interested in what Animes I watch? Click here to view

Quote Originally Posted by Tamer Hamlet View Post
    There is absolutely nothing special at all about ash's/Satoshi's Pikachu, o__o why would you consider the Gym Battle against Brock Onix and Ash Pikachu a win or even a battle e.e the whole thing was a fluke, If I were Brock I would of asked for a re match since using the sprinklers against onix was a cheap and dirty trick and by no means a fair battle.
    You act like Ash considered it fair play and demanded a Badge. Ash was actually the first one to say he only won because of the sprinklers, that it was a lucky advantage and that he didn't deserve the Badge until he could win fair and square.

He refused the Badge because he acknowledged it wasn't a fair victory, Brock was the one to insist he earned it through his kindness to Pokémon (not because of his victory over Onix).

e.e how is it that Onix being a rock type even with the sprinkles soaking Onix wet make any damage to Onix its a darn Rock type...Point is Ash's Pikachu and sometimes e.e not all the time ash pulls unfair and dirty tricks such as what happened with Onix, even Raichu and Magmar almost killed it.
    Rock-type is actually damaged by Electric-type. Ground-type is immune. Just to be clear.

Considering they were on a poster labelled as "Most Wanted Criminals" back in Viridian, I'd say they had a considerable amount of success before meeting Ash and Pikachu, so they can't be the weakest Trainers ever.
    Last edited by Ver-mont; 11th November 2012 at 1:21 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

another Fluke of a battle e.e Pikachu vs Rhydon.

Edit:

@Affection Ash(ash was second) was based after Trainer Red(Red was first) so in no way are the two related, Ash Pikachu and Red's Pikachu are totally different Pokemons. Same goes for Gary which was based also after Green from the Pokemon Red and Blue Gameboy Games.
    You do know Red's Pika BROKE an onix and fried a Rydon,right?

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleBoy View Post
    It's the only Pikachu with a power level of OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!
    And this

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    You do know Red's Pika BROKE an onix and fried a Rydon,right?

And this
    Did I say that he didnt?no

My point was that Red's Pika and Ash's Pikachu are totally diferrent Pokemons, as well as

both being in completelly different universe.

@Ver-mont
    You act like Ash considered it fair play and demanded a Badge. Ash was actually the first one to say he only won because of the sprinklers, that it was a lucky advantage and that he didn't deserve the Badge until he could win fair and square.

He refused the Badge because he acknowledged it wasn't a fair victory, Brock was the one to insist he earned it through his kindness to Pokémon (not because of his victory over Onix).

There was one ep where ash was rubbing in his Gym badges saying how he won them etc etc..
    when misty came and said how he didn't won them but they were given to him instead of earning them.
    Last edited by Tamer Hamlet; 11th November 2012 at 8:20 PM.
    Pokemon Black 2 Team:

(Jormungandr)(Skoll)(Niohoggr)(Sleipnir)(Hel)(Fimbulvetr)

What's special about Pikachu? Let's see:

1) He appeared in the first episode.
    2) Got his *** kicked by a new starter Pokemon.
    3) Loves Ketchup, hence Ash's last name being almost the same to it.
    4) Took himself out while taking a Latios alongside.
    5) He's Pikachu!

Nothing is special about him, he's just an ordinary pokemon that won't go in his ball for marketing purposes.

Did I say that he didnt?no

My point was that Red's Pika and Ash's Pikachu are totally diferrent Pokemons, as well as

both being in completelly different universe.
    And my point being everyone always brings up pikachu being cheap or god mode or whatever because he beat rydon and onix,yet what pika did was much worse and made much less sense and everyone loves him.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    And my point being everyone always brings up pikachu being cheap or god mode or whatever because he beat rydon and onix,yet what pika did was much worse and made much less sense and everyone loves him.
    There's a certain vocal minority of the fandom that loves Special and hates on the anime and gladly ignores logic in the process. I wouldn't worry about them if I were you.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

As Linkara said in Suede's review of Pokémon: The First Movie, he shoots the thunderbolts of Zeus.

Usually, mice are afraid of cats. But, Ash's Pikachu is not afraid of Meowth.

Well, said mouse can shoot lightning and the cat... shoots coins. Or not, in this case.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Ash's Pikachu can prove that it is strong without needing to evolve into a Raichu. Hence why it doesn't want to evolve. :P

Banner made by Kelz-Designs on deviantART

I never knew my father...

Spoiler:

Firetruck this guy. I hope he gets banned for good.

A smart, strong pikachu, that can take quite a few attacks, and dish out really strong electric attacks comparitive to any normal pikachu.

That's all I've got. Since its ash's pikachu, its got plot on it's side...but who doesn't like seeing that struggle? Maybe the "plot armor" is in-reality that "specialness" despite how BS that can be. lolololol /killed xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

that pikachu is hax my friend
    Team X:

Ash's pika is not a normal pika but a legendary pika made by writers...
    VS
    ...........SAMURAI............................. NINJA.......
    WHO WILL WIN.......?

Quote Originally Posted by harsh551 View Post
    Ash's pika is not a normal pika but a legendary pika made by writers...
    yes its hax
    Team X:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast