Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 152

Thread: What's so special about Ash's Pikachu?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    467

    Default

    I remember in the very beginning of season 1, in the episode Ash met Brock, they used static to make Pikachu more powerful. I also recall that in the first episode Jessie and James had already decided that there was something special about Ash's Pikachu, so I guess the writers just needed some reason for Team Rocket to be so focused on that certain Pikachu.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    125

    Default

    it super powered it just has unnartural power what makes it so powerful I don't know what it. it could just be a strong pokemon

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Ash's Pikachu = Unnaturally strong for no real reason. xD

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SE London
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    Ash's Pikachu = Unnaturally strong for no real reason. xD
    Again struct by lightning and super charged duh!

    Created by Inferno Productions

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    I'm here but not all there
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumino Lucario View Post
    Again struct by lightning and super charged duh!
    I don't see how that logic works; if you strike a generator w/ lighting, it just shorts out.

    Let's take a look at some of its big battles:
    Brock: He didn't KO it; he injured it. If I were to drench you in water and shock you, no matter how little damage you'd take, you'd still be pretty injured... Unless you're Quagsire.
    Misty: Refused to fight.
    Surge: it was a matter of pride
    Sabrina: scared to death

    All in all, it's the humanity of it, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    That one spot in that one area
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Another casualty of "Motive Decay".
    Being "too cautious" isn't going kill you anytime soon.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North West England
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Over the course of the anime, pikachu has absorbed bolts of electricity and transferred that into it's thunderbolt several times, causing a super-powered thunderbolt, we already know pikachu has the ability static, stated by brock a few times (including ash vs paul) but pikachu's hidden ability is lightening rod, which absorbs electric attack and boosts special attack, this seems like pikachu has both static and lightening rod, despite the fact pokemon can only have 1 ability, it's never been stated that pikachu has lightening rod, plus this ability was only introduced in gen 5. Although i think pokemon planned it from the start since no other electric pokemon has had this power that pikachu does, plus in the the most recent anime ep, rival destinies ep 49, pikachu does the same thing, only with electro ball and team rocket again says pikachu is special. So i think pikachu somehow has the second ability lightening rod as well as static, and somehow pikachu's lighening rod is more powerfull than normal. Other than this, pikachu is on par with ash's other pokemon most of the time.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    I'm here but not all there
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegantensue View Post
    Over the course of the anime, pikachu has absorbed bolts of electricity and transferred that into it's thunderbolt several times, causing a super-powered thunderbolt, we already know pikachu has the ability static, stated by brock a few times (including ash vs paul) but pikachu's hidden ability is lightening rod, which absorbs electric attack and boosts special attack, this seems like pikachu has both static and lightening rod, despite the fact pokemon can only have 1 ability, it's never been stated that pikachu has lightening rod, plus this ability was only introduced in gen 5. Although i think pokemon planned it from the start since no other electric pokemon has had this power that pikachu does, plus in the the most recent anime ep, rival destinies ep 49, pikachu does the same thing, only with electro ball and team rocket again says pikachu is special. So i think pikachu somehow has the second ability lightening rod as well as static, and somehow pikachu's lighening rod is more powerfull than normal. Other than this, pikachu is on par with ash's other pokemon most of the time.
    It came out in GenIII, GenI if you cout the Rhydon in the anime that had it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    It's Arceus in disguise.

    shifty eyes
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    It's Arceus in disguise.

    shifty eyes
    No, I think that's TOBIAS' Pikachu.

  11. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    It's Arceus in disguise.

    shifty eyes
    Really now? That's the most pathetic legendary, then.

    Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    I'm here but not all there
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    No, I think that's TOBIAS' Pikachu.
    Tobias had a Pikachu?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

  13. #113
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    277

    Default

    he has the ability to increase and decrease his levels on the fly.
    which is why every time they go to a new region, he sucks.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdrawer View Post
    Tobias had a Pikachu?
    I was joking. I was saying that if any had a Pikachu disguised as an Arceus, it would be Tobias since he is the guy who catches Legendary Pokemon!

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumino Lucario View Post
    Again struct by lightning and super charged duh!
    I still think it was, like a said before, when in the episode Ash first met Brock they used the static electricity to super charge Pikachu so that he would win the battle. I think I said this before too, but the problem with that is that Team Rocket decided his Pikachu was unnaturally strong before that even happened.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    he has the ability to increase and decrease his levels on the fly.
    which is why every time they go to a new region, he sucks.
    That's the ability I want my Pokemon to have. -_-'
    Poor Ash... xD

    It's true though!

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    It has mascot power wich makes it stronger than Arceus.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,434

    Default

    Rewatch OS and you'll see why he's so strong. Pikachu is amazing and I always look forward to seeing him battle

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    704

    Default

    He's a dues ex machina created by the writers to get them out of actually having to write decent story's.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

    Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill



  20. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    I'm here but not all there
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    Rewatch OS and you'll see why he's so strong. Pikachu is amazing and I always look forward to seeing him battle
    High Speed, SpAtk, Agility, good hearing, improv abilities, able to take hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In the ninth gate of hell. 8D
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    It's a mutant.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    39

    Default

    his reset button
    Good for him, it would be useless for next generation (current pikachu is really weak, worse than johto league)

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    466

    Default

    The writers needed a MacGuffin with which to give the Dorombo Gang... I mean, Team Rocket a reason to dog Ash around the world for, so they went and pushed Ash's rat as "special" for no truly tangible reason.
    Gen1 Pokedex: 151/151
    Gen2 Pokedex: 251/251
    Gen3 Pokedex: 386/386
    Gen4 Pokedex: 493/493
    Gen5 Pokedex: 649/649

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I believe that whether or not Ash's Pikachu is special has more to do with the original direction of the show. Before the creators realized that the generations weren't going to be ending anytime soon, and Ash's skills "resetting" every series happened, the creators were foreshadowing that Ash with the help of his special "never going to evolve mascot of the show"Pikachu were going to become Pokemon Masters. But since every generation is new now, the whole pikachu being special storyline kinda fizzled out and became a reason for Team Rocket to keep showing up instead.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in the souther. U.S.
    Posts
    1,547

    Default

    Because of its awesome reset button. How else could it beat a Latios, then lose to a snivy?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •